[FM13] Australia: APL, expanded A-League and FFA Cup.

What I've done so far

• Added Canberra FC, 'Brisbane Rovers', 'Tasmania United' and Auckland City into the A-League
  • Added the APL - including the real teams for the QLD conference and South Australia
  • FFA Cup
  • Prize money, TV scheduling, etc.

Things to do

• [:thup:] Add second tier APL
  • Rivalries
  • Test the long term sustainability of the teams in the APL
    [:thdn:] Get the APL finals series to work properly

Any suggestions?

• 4 weeks later...

Hey man, I'm also doing edits in Australia. I find doing away with the Finals Series a good option. I have a 5 tier pro/releg league system with a Solomon Islands, PNG and second Kiwi team included. South Coast Wolves (with Chippers and Wilkshire) are a must! I've called my FFA Cup the 'Frank Lowy FFA Cup"! Also I have a 2nd cup comp for the bottom 4 tiers called the 'Westfield National Cup'. It's tough to balance out club finances I find.

Hey man, I'm also doing edits in Australia. I find doing away with the Finals Series a good option. I have a 5 tier pro/releg league system with a Solomon Islands, PNG and second Kiwi team included. South Coast Wolves (with Chippers and Wilkshire) are a must! I've called my FFA Cup the 'Frank Lowy FFA Cup"! Also I have a 2nd cup comp for the bottom 4 tiers called the 'Westfield National Cup'. It's tough to balance out club finances I find.

Yours sounds pretty good mate. Any ETA of completion?

Yours sounds pretty good mate. Any ETA of completion?

The editor is nearly as addictive as the game itself. It's fun and easy to map out new comps. I've run a 90 team 5 tier system in OZ over several seasons buts it's just not realistic enough and balancing out the finances of clubs is tricky. I prefer a 28 or 32 team 2 tier comp with a mix of old-school NSL teams and new franchises. A cup and super cup is also a must. I'm trying to leave the database as untouched as possible.

I also have to figure out how to export my saved edit.

hyundaialeagueoverviews.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Midway 2nd season A-League

Looking good, could i make one small suggestion in that maybe have 3 divisions and include all of the top NZ teams throughout e.g. Auckland City and Team Wellington. These teams are not bad in comparison to other teams in your Div 2 and that way you could add more cups to have more prize money e.g. NZ Cup and Victorian Cup (only Victorian teams). Also creating a replica of the League Cup in England would help with clubs getting money like having a cup that only div 2 and 3 teams compete in.

12 team A-League. Fury (with coach Straka) and GCU (Bleiberg and Palmer are back!). Kewell + Culina to GCU. Bottom 2 relegated to National League.

16 team fully-pro Westfield National League. Canberra Cosmos rise from the dead (and Simunic returns home). All original teams apart from Perth Athletic (were Perth SC). Also added the nickname 'King Tom' for Sydney United ;)

Managers with a gig include Farina, Bernd Strange (remember him!), Mitch D'avray (remember him +1!), Theodorakopoulos (at Wollongong Wolves), Merrick, Mulvey, Ronny Smith, Coolen etc.

FFA Lowy Cup + Qantas Continental Cup (super cup).

Realistic home stadiums: WIN, Subiaco, Canberra Stadium etc.

Reasonable prize money.

A-League teams get $5 million TV money per season. 2nd tier get $1.5 million. All teams get a $1million government grant per season.

I've tried to balance out the finances as fairly as possible. I have not altered existing team finances (have upped the crowds and season ticket holders a little). Salary cap is gone but wage bugets are mostly slim (talk to the board!).

Under 23's youth league - seven groups split into regions.

Raised A-League standard from 92 to 110 (2nd tier is 90). Upped the standard for Aussie youth to 110 (was 92). Increased game importence from important to very important (Juggleball and Thugby are rubbish).

Still have work to do on rivalries etc.

I hope to be able to share it soon.

Looking good, could i make one small suggestion in that maybe have 3 divisions and include all of the top NZ teams throughout e.g. Auckland City and Team Wellington. These teams are not bad in comparison to other teams in your Div 2 and that way you could add more cups to have more prize money e.g. NZ Cup and Victorian Cup (only Victorian teams). Also creating a replica of the League Cup in England would help with clubs getting money like having a cup that only div 2 and 3 teams compete in.

I agree that Kiwi football is of a good standard (Rojas is a freak). I've run other leagues with Auckland and a PNG and Solomons team. There are issues with travel costs and nationality factors.

Also, too many teams and it becomes unwieldly.

Leave it with me.

Waggafletcher, your database looks really good! I did a similar thing last year (Except I made Nike the sponsor).

Update with my database: I got exceedingly frustrated with my failed attempts at implementing an efficient APL final series, and as such I left left it untouched for awhile. If anybody is actually interested, I will release it by the end of the week.

12 team A-League. Fury (with coach Straka) and GCU (Bleiberg and Palmer are back!). Kewell + Culina to GCU. Bottom 2 relegated to National League.

16 team fully-pro Westfield National League. Canberra Cosmos rise from the dead (and Simunic returns home). All original teams apart from Perth Athletic (were Perth SC). Also added the nickname 'King Tom' for Sydney United ;)

Managers with a gig include Farina, Bernd Strange (remember him!), Mitch D'avray (remember him +1!), Theodorakopoulos (at Wollongong Wolves), Merrick, Mulvey, Ronny Smith, Coolen etc.

FFA Lowy Cup + Qantas Continental Cup (super cup).

Realistic home stadiums: WIN, Subiaco, Canberra Stadium etc.

Reasonable prize money.

A-League teams get $5 million TV money per season. 2nd tier get $1.5 million. All teams get a $1million government grant per season.

I've tried to balance out the finances as fairly as possible. I have not altered existing team finances (have upped the crowds and season ticket holders a little). Salary cap is gone but wage bugets are mostly slim (talk to the board!).

Under 23's youth league - seven groups split into regions.

Raised A-League standard from 92 to 110 (2nd tier is 90). Upped the standard for Aussie youth to 110 (was 92). Increased game importence from important to very important (Juggleball and Thugby are rubbish).

Still have work to do on rivalries etc.

I hope to be able to share it soon.

Will the AFC Champions League Qualifications stay the same? Another suggestion, maybe have the top 2 teams automatically qualify for the AFC Champions league groups stage and then the team that comes third gets a playoff spot? This would create more money clubs wouldn't it? Also will the league rules stay the same on International players and Salary Cap?

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived