Don't sack me, lets talk about this

Just been sacked as Arsenal manager and quite rightly so. 30 games played, lying in 10th place. I've always been terrible at Football Manager, it's never mattered what I've done, nothing ever improves. Maybe it's because I really can't be bothered playing around with every little detail in every little sub section of the game, who knows.

Anyway, what with the endless amount of interactions that you endure these days on FM. I'm disappointed that being sacked is still the same as it ever was. You just have a message in your news box saying that you've been sacked. I'm surprised that given all the opportunities to interact, there isn't the opportunity to interact with the board before you are let go. We're always hearing 'such and such is meeting with the board today to talk about his future' whenever a manager is on the brink of the sack. I would have thought it would be one of the more welcome interactions should it have been added to the game.

You do get the 'more time' option when you're looking dodgy to be sacked which gives you chance to explain how/why it's going pete tong and why you think you should be given 'more time'. I'd speak to the board before it's too late, and everyone knows when the sack is close.

I had a game on the BETA for 13, where I started unemployed and Arminia Bielefeld, in the German 3rd division signed me in the middle of October, was told I wouldn't be judge on the performance in league as they expected promotion but were bottom when I took over.

Anyway, get to January I hear rumours that the board are not happy with us under performing in the league, asked them for more time and they tell me "Sorry we just don't think we can trust you anymore" then they sack me after 11 games, I was just stunned thinking WTF!!! Ah well, they were at almost -3,000,000 when I took over anyway. Would have loved to ask them why I'm being sacked after 11 games? or how can I change the team when we are over wages budget and can't sell till the January window opens? Ah well, think they may have gone down anyway.

I had a game on the BETA for 13, where I started unemployed and Arminia Bielefeld, in the German 3rd division signed me in the middle of October, was told I wouldn't be judge on the performance in league as they expected promotion but were bottom when I took over.

Anyway, get to January I hear rumours that the board are not happy with us under performing in the league, asked them for more time and they tell me "Sorry we just don't think we can trust you anymore" then they sack me after 11 games, I was just stunned thinking WTF!!! Ah well, they were at almost -3,000,000 when I took over anyway. Would have loved to ask them why I'm being sacked after 11 games? or how can I change the team when we are over wages budget and can't sell till the January window opens? Ah well, think they may have gone down anyway.

Ive just started my career game with Cambridge in October, they have told me they want me to qualify for the playoffs. I took over the team 15th in the league and 11 points off the play offs, I hope they take this into account

That's a good point. In past games, I've always turned clubs that were in debt, in to profitable clubs, buying free transfers and selling on, playing friendlies to increase revenues etc. This could be something you could bring up when arguing why you shouldn't be sacked.

Haven't really been in this situation so I've no idea if it's becoming known before you lose your job (I tend to check job security to see whether I'm stable or secure), but I kinda like what you're suggesting. Also think that international FAs should have dates other than tournament/qualification end date in terms of sacking their man. It just comes to a point where you see 15 nations without a coach on the same day. If a team goes bad during qualifications, then you could see a change asap depending on how demanding the FA/media/fans are. Also, a salary for NT manager wouldn't hurt, it'd as pointless as the club manager's salary [ I know it's proportional with the compensation a team may receive...]

I've always been terrible at Football Manager, it's never mattered what I've done, nothing ever improves. Maybe it's because I really can't be bothered playing around with every little detail in every little sub section of the game, who knows.

Don't make the mistake of thinking you have to spend days on end tinkering with every little thing in order to have success at FM, it simply isn't true, despite what you might read on here.

Don't make the mistake of thinking you have to spend days on end tinkering with every little thing in order to have success at FM, it simply isn't true, despite what you might read on here.

I've also tried not tinkering with anything and still did rubbish. Iv'e come to the conclusion that the game has it in for me personally and actually if it weren't for that, I'd be brilliant :p

Yeah but that's always been around. I'm talking about a proper dialogue with the board and most likely a meeting called by them which you have to attend. It's the reality of football that managers enter in to discussions with the board when things aren't going well. I think it would make a good enhancement to the game.

This would clearly be a good addition, the game should also take all factors into account when sacking managers. On the Beta I was sacked by Inter after finishing 3rd in the first season and 2nd in the second season, in both years the aim had been to challenge for the title which I did while the board slashed the wage budget from about £1.5m a week or so at the start to just £600k a week due to a MASSIVE loan that the club has to repay, basically they expect me to sell everybody, get in cheap replacements and 3rd and 2nd isn't good enough with the youngest squad in the league?

Archived