FM13: FC Nordsjælland - Danish Champions, European Minnows

Viggo Vickers

I would retrain Glen Jakobsen to be a right back if I were you, it is always nice to have a right back that can head the ball (protect the far post, when crosses comes in from the left) - looks like he could be a decent one

If you are using reverse wingers (left footed on the right hand side) you might want to retrain Steffen Hansen to one, the missing crossing wouldn't matter and his heading would get him a few goals - At first he would just have to concentrate on his pace/Acc

---

are you selling out Farum Park on a regular basic? you most likely will have to do that to get a new stadium

Good spot on the retraining, I'll probably take up your suggestions.

Yes, Farum Park has been selling out this season for the majority of the games. I'm wondering if I have to already own Farum Park before they'll let me build a new stadium, or if because I ground share the Parken for the Champions League, that the Board AI is ignoring the fact that we could do with more space.

Thought I'd check the forums to see if someone did a thread on this team as ive just started my long term save and the 'Pick Me A Team' option gave me these. Really liking the squad atm just wish i looked for this thread earlier. I lost Okore because of his minimum fee release clause :/ Currently 2nd in the league in November but got a tough champions league group (Barcelona, Shalke and Basel) I'm 3rd with 1 game to go (Barcelona at home) and cannot qualify now. I think i may change tactics after looking at this as I'm currently using a 4-5-1.

Great Job with the thread :thup:

2016-17 - Summer - Start of the Season

Transfers Out:

AMC -
Kamal Issah
- £2.1M -
AS Saint-Etienne

AML -
Andreas Laudrup
- £775K -
AaB

GK -
David Jensen
-
£
120K -
A
G
F

ST -
Morten Nordstrand
-
LOAN
-
FC Helsingør

Transfers In:

GK -
Fermín Blanco*
- £1.1M -
M. Tel-Aviv
-
[
]

AMC -
Kasper Lundberg*
- FREE -
FC Midtjylland
-
[
]

* Regen

Moved on some of my fringe players for some youth. Issah's value had increased due to his appearances the previous season, his most since being at the club, which resulted in me getting a decent fee for him. Laudrup got sent packing after he got injured and his attributes dropped. Relegated AaB were the only ones that came in for him after I transfer listed Laudrup. 200K under his value, but with no other buyers and his value likely to decline further, I took it. Jensen I sent packing to AGF, as I was bringing in Blanco*. AGF have decided to make him their first choice, along with a bunch of other former FCN players they have picked up, along with Gundelach and Rohde. I still have Nordstrand, he didn't want to retire yet, so I sent him to my newly promoted feeder club FC Helsingør, in hopes that he can keep them in the First Division.

Blanco* was the big buy of the season. Eventual successor to Hansen, I'd been tracking him since he was 15, where he was playing in Israel. I would have got him in the winter of last season for almost half the price, but he wouldn't talk to me at the time. A Spanish-Israeli, his attributes are already on par with Hansen, but until he learns Danish and Hansen's form declines, he'll have to settle being on the bench and playing in the Cup. Lundberg* was poached from FCM when the regens came through, could eventually become a backup. Lastly I did pick up a few free agent Norwegians, as my feeder club Hønefoss looked like they were going to get relegated, so I kind bailed them out by sending them some decent players such as Mustafa Abdellaoue and Tomasz Sokolowski. I don't plan to use them for FCN, but hopefully they'll keep Hønefoss in the Tippeligaen and looks like I might have to do something similar for my Austrian feeder club, if their form doesn't pick up.

On the topic of finances and such, the club is doing well sitting around £20M, but we did loss a bunch of sponsorships, annoyingly. Generally each season they get renewed and increased, FCN start off with about 4 sponsorships totalling to around £2.2M, last season they were worth £3.2M. This season the chairmen let 2 of them expire and signed a new crappy one (£78K additional kit sponsor) for a total of £1.5M. What annoys me isn't just the lost finances for this season, but the future seasons, as the sponsors slowly increase, which won't happen if they don't exist for them to build up on. Not sure if this is due to the latest patches I've been receiving or because the Chairmen lost interest in the club and ended up selling to another director, Christian Nørkjær. Frustrating, but at least I kept my job.

Formation and Lineup

201617f.jpg

First choice is on the left, backup on the right.

No huge changes, Romero gets promoted to first choice, as planned. Yedigaryan retains his starting position over AC and with the sale of Laudrup, Wlodyka gets into the XI. For the backups, obviously Blanco* takes over from Jensen, Adamsen* remains a backup, though his attributes are incredible (as seen here!). Marcondes is recalled from loan after spending 2 seasons at Silkeborg IF, making 58 appearances, scoring 8 goals and 12 assists, he'll take over from Issah. Tello gets shifted to the left side, though all 4 of my wingers are versatile enough to play on any wing (3/4 are 2 footed), he will see the least play time out of all of them. Lastly, another player gets recalled from loan, Tommy Aabech*, one of my regens from my first season had spent a season on loan to Silkeborg (5 goals in 21 appearences) and another at my Austrian feeder club, SV Mattersburg (12 goals in 21 appearences). He's developed well (which you can see here) and looks like a contender to Pohjanpalo, who hasn't improved much over the last few seasons. We'll have to wait and see!

Season

Superliga: 19 games played

201617s.jpg

Looking good at attempting the Invincible achievement, running away with the league with a 19 point lead. The Superliga is getting easier and easier, as you can see with my goal difference, only half way through the season and it's already +42 (53 scored, 11 conceded). The single draw came against OB at home, no excuses there, played a strong team, in fact it was the first time in 11 games that Pauli* hadn't scored in. Team stats say we score an average of 2.9 goals a game and concede 0.8. As for the other teams, Brøndby have returned strong, getting some big wins. Their team looks pretty average, though they did pick up a former FCN player, Lorentzen from Rosenburg and have a few players they've developed in their first team. FC København have collapsed again, they ended up sacking Lars Søndergaard, then tried to get FCN Icon Morten Wieghorst to take over, he rejected them and then they had the cheek to offer me the job. Then ended up settling for Johnny Mølby, who they poached from Brøndby!

Pauli* has been on fire, 19 goals in 15 games, with an average rating of 8.13. He would have had more, but decided to get injured again, missing the last few games of the summer period. Good thing I just renewed his contract till 2021, plus a 1 year extension! Wolski has continued to impress with 9 goals and 8 assists. I tried to renew his contract, as it's up in 2019, but he wants £20K p/w! Ibrahim* has rewarded my faith in him with 6 goals and 6 assists, both him and Wolski are in the top 5 in the league for key passes. I've given Adamsen* more games at the expense of Christiansen, trying to get his value up to eventually sell him, hes done a decent job and AC has been trying to prove a point with the few games I've given him. Yedigaryan has bailed me out of an injury crisis with my fullbacks, at first losing both of my leftbacks, then losing both of my rightbacks, with him being able to play in both positions. When I first signed him, I was wondering if I had made a mistake bringing him in, but hes proved me wrong and has become a key player for both me and Armenia. Weakest area would be AML, Wlodyka has been decent, but when I've had to rely on Tello it has become risky, so I'll be looking to strengthen that spot either in the winter or next season.

We are continuing to get sell outs, but no news on a new stadium. I think there may be a bug or two in the attendance code, as we're selling out games against the likes of Kolding, yet one of my FCK games didn't sellout. I also didn't sell out the Parken against Barcelona (under 30,000) in the Champions League, who are the best team in the world in reputation.

Champions League:

Group Stage

Lost
: A 2-3
Tottenham

Won
: H 4-0
Rubin

Lost
: A 0-4
Barcelona

Lost
: H 0-1
Barcelona

Lost
: H 2-3
Tottenham

Won
: A 5-0
Rubin

Finished 3rd, Eliminated in the Group Stage!
Qualify for First Knockout Round
of the Europa League!

Another BS trip into Europe. Automatically qualifying for the Group Stage, the Tottenham game was a sign of things to come. Leading the first half 2-0 away at White Hart Lane, we collapsed in the 2nd half to go to 2-2, of course in the final minutes of the game, literally on the whistle, Okore scores one of those stupid match engine own goals. I would have been happy with the draw! Rubin rolled over, I honestly expected a tougher game against them. Barcelona was to be expected, except for the home game. We defended like champions at the Parken, Hansen got MotM, all my defenders bar one got 8.0+ ratings, their single goal coming from a poor penalty in the 80th minute. Then the second Tottenham game, once again we went 2-0 ahead in the first half, and then they decided to kick the crap out of my players, having to take off Pauli* and Ibrahim* because of condition. Adebayor decided to become a wonder player scoring 2 ridiculous goals and Carlos Vela finished us off in the 86th minute. If we had beaten Tottenham, we stood a good chance of finishing 2nd... Rubin rolled over once again, even worse than before, confirming our place in the Europa League in 3 months time. Barcelona topped the group, with Tottenham second, Rubin are out.

Once again FC København are the only Danish team to make it far in Europe, missing out in the Champions League with two heavy losses to Napoli in the playoffs. They ended up shocking at the bottom of their group in the Europa League, against the likes of FC Lorient, Metalist and Trabzonspor.

Danish Cup:

3rd Round

Won
: A 5-0
FC Øresund

4th Round

Won
: A 4-0
Viborg

Quater Final

Won
: A 6-1
HIK

Had some luck with the draw, playing no Superliga teams, my fringe players didn't let me down, new signing Blanco* keeping two clean sheets till the HIK game. First time I've played the quarter final in the summer period, with Champions League games and the Superliga, fixtures got congested. The Semi's have already been drawn, we'll be playing Lyngby, with either Randers or SønderjyskE heading to the final. Easy competition, we should be winning this.

2016-17 - Winter - End of the Season

Transfers Out:

DC -
Ivan Runje
- £800K -
Dundee

Transfers In:

DC -
É
der Revuelta*
- £4.9M -
Pumas
-
[
]

* Regen

An expensive impulse buy, I recently changed my North American scout and he came back with Éder Revuelta*, 18 years old with good defending attributes, teamwork, work rate, bravery, determination, left footed, all round physical attributes and a Model Professional. No obvious weaknesses that can't be trained out. With Seth De Witte at 29, I've been looking for his eventual successor and I think I've found him. Already an improvement over Runje, Revuelta* is far too good to be 4th choice, so I let Runje go to Dundee and brought in Revuelta* as 3rd choice, who will sit on the bench for now. A record buy, but by the looks of the market, a lot of my future purchases from here on out look like they could be spendy. Providing we keep making the Champions League each season, we should be able to afford a £3-5M purchase per season and still make a profit.

New Youths

Most notable youth prospect(s) to come through the academy are:

MC -
Jeppe Meng*
- Danish - 3 Star Potential -
[
]

* Regen

Despite the last name, he doesn't have a second nationality. Fast, but nothing stand out, if he had some flair and could dribble I would retrain him to play out wide. Nothing to really see with this years prospects. As far as I know, our youth facilities are the best there can be, the board request is greyed out, yet my best set of youngsters was from the first year, one of them having broke into the first team (Aabech*).

Season

Superliga: Season complete

201617w.jpg

Invincible! 40 points clear! Record breakers!

Got a little touchy at one point, drawing a few games I was unsure if we were going to make the invincible achievement. Our second draw came away from home against OB during a tough run of games before the international break. A few more draws followed after that, our 5th draw against SønderjyskE being the only game that we failed to score in, ending 0-0. We won the league with 9 games remaining! We broke the consecutive league wins record, avoid defeat record, points record and goals scored record. København thankfully improved to take 2nd, as we need a strong team in Europe to improve our coefficients and Kolding once again survived by 1 goal difference. Otherwise there isn't a lot in it at the middle and upper end of the table. Teams haven't been bringing in many good players and haven't really developed any stars, though it maybe due to the market, as player values seem to be very high and many asking for excessive wages.

Ivica Pauli* has broken numerous records this season, 34 league goals in 27 appearances with an average rating of 8.10 and 9 MotMs, he broke the league and team scoring record, average rating record and MotM record. No idea why hes not even a fan favorite yet. In FM12 one of my strikers become an instant legend when he broke the scoring record, but doesn't look like that is so in FM13. Wolski has the exactly stats from last season with 10 goals, 12 assists, but a higher rating at 7.50. Romero has had an injury ridden season. As far as my scouts tell me, he's not injury prone, but his record says otherwise so far, getting many back to back injuries, he only managed 13 league games this season. Parkhurst ended up playing more games than I expected, with Yedigaryan bailing me out once again playing out of position. Ibrahim* has become just as good, if not better than Adryan, who he replaced 2 and a bit years ago. 7 goals and 11 assists, his attributes show he is close to being a world beater and he won't talk to me about a contract renewal, so his days are numbered.

At this stage, my fringe players would be able to win the league for me. The real challenge now is Europe, which I'm not going to be able to break without an overall increase in quality of players. But with the market the way it is, even for the youngsters (which I'm not a fan of their values being changed so dramatically in FM13), it's going to be awhile as I need to increase the clubs income. Bigger crowds and a bigger stadium being one of them. Our loss of around £2M in sponsorship money doesn't help either, thanks to them not being renewed at the start of the season.

Europa League:

1st Knockout Round

Won
: H 2-1
Fenerbahçe

Lost
: A 1-2
1-4p
Fenerbahçe

Eliminated in the 1st Knockout Round!

Memories of a spring night in Kyiv comes flooding back as we are once again eliminated from the first round via penalties. We did well in the home game, Pauli* scoring 2 goals in the first half, he ended up getting sent off early in the second half after getting a 2nd yellow for diving. Without Pauli* the away return leg was a lot harder, we managed to pull a goal back after going 3-2 down on aggregate, ending up losing miserably on penalties. I can confidently say if we had Pauli* on the pitch we would have won. Gah!

Danish Cup:

Semi Final

Won
: H 3-2
Lyngby

Won
: A 4-2
Lyngby

Final

Won
: N 2-0
Randers FC

Danish Cup Champions!

Another Domestic Double. Come the semi finals, seeing who was left in the competition, didn't doubt we would win, unless by some fluke. Lyngby put up a good fight, Aabech* scoring a total of 5 goals from both legs. The final was a nervy affair, not scoring until the second half after a poor first, Okore once again scoring the opener like he did in last years final.

Who Won What?:

Superliga: FC Nordsjælland

Danish Cup: FC Nordsjælland

Champions League: Real Madrid

Europa League: Olympique Lyonnais

European Super Cup: FC Porto

Club World Championship: Barcelona

Confederations Cup: Uruguary

2017-18 - Summer - Start of the Season

Transfers Out:

DC -
Lloyd Jones
- £1M -
Linfield

AMR -
C
ristian Tello
-
£700
K -
Guadalajara

ST -
Tommy Jacobsen*
- End of Contract -
AC Horsens

DM -
Lasse Petry
- End of Contract -
Lyngby

ST -
Kristian Lindberg
- End of Contract

GK -
Mitchell Beeney
- En
d of Contract

ST -
Morten Nordstrand
- Retired

Transfers In:

DL/DM -
Jean-Marie Didier*
- £1.5M -
Havre AC
-
[
]

DC -
Flemming Kammer*
- FREE -
FC Midtjylland
-
[
]

AML -
Marco Frediani
- End of Contract -
Roma

* Regen

Shifted out some dead weight, the majority of those let go were constantly sent on loan in vain of getting their attributes up. Jones had done well on various loans to Silkeborg and Mattersburg, he could have been an acceptable backup, similar to how Runje was. I got a good deal for him to go to Linfield in Northern Ireland, who got in to the Champions League this year. Tello was a bit of a flop, originally brought in to replace Larsen, then Laudrup got injured and declined which threw a spanner in the works. I ended up renewing Larsen's contract, selling Laudrup instead, which resulted in Tello not geting many chances except playing out of position. Jacobsen* I did planned on keeping, but I let his contract go unprotected and AC Horsens offered him a better deal and he left on a free. Beeney I should have sold after he came back from loan at West Brom as his value was up, but I left it too late and it declined again. I missed a good money making opportunity there. Petry and Lindberg never improved enough to make it in to the team, not even as cover, so after various loans they were giving their freedoms. Favoured Personnel, Morten Nordstrand finally called it a day after an injury prone loan spell at FC Helsingør, I gave him a coaching job to keep him at the club.

My left back, Boudebouda's contract is coming up soon, so I had to find a replacement. Only seems like yesterday the Algerian joined the club, but seems hes outgrown us, seeking in excess of £20K p/w. Not going to happen. Didier* came up from a manual player search, as I struggled to find well rounded fullbacks. His contract was unprotected, and the compensation was a little cheaper than what his club was asking for. Still young at 17, he doesn't have any glaring weaknesses and hopefully I'll be able to get his quickness, anticipation and teamwork up to a better standard. He's got one season to settle before he gets thrown in to the deep end as first choice. Frediani was brought in from Roma, a natural AML. A full upgrade over Wlodyka and on larger wages, he can play anywhere behind the striker. A good piece of business. Lastly Kammer* is another youth I poached from FC Midtjylland, a little short at 5'11" and needs to improve his strength (which is pretty easy for youths to improve), he is a good youth prospect for the future.

The club finally decided to expand Farum Park, adding another 2,897 seats, bringing it to 12,997, costing around £4M. We'll be playing at Gentofte Stadion until then, which seats 15,000. Considering we don't own Farum Park, I wish the AI would just rent Gentofte Stadion full time instead of spending money to improve Farum Park. Our finances are well, sitting on about £15M, and with automatic qualification into the Champions League group stage, that number should be increasing, providing I don't go crazy in the transfer market.

Formation and Lineup

201718f.jpg

First choice is on the left, backup on the right.

Only change to my first choice is giving the nod to new signing Frediani over Wlodyka. Wlodyka was first choice last season and didn't perform as consistently as I had hoped. Then again I do have high expectations of my players. My cover selection sees Didier* brought in at DL, and will sit on the bench ahead of Parkhurst to get him used to the squad. Lenshøj* is a surprise regen from 2014-15 season. At the time he wasn't listed as being any good, but since then my coaches tell me he has 3 1/2 star potential, so he becomes 4th choice, though unlikely to see games apart from entry level Danish Cup fixtures. Aabech* finally beats out Pohjanpalo to 2nd choice striker. I nearly sold Pohjanpalo this season, but after the injury crisis over the last few campaigns to my wingers, I'm keeping him around as he can play anywhere in attack.

Season

Superliga: 20 games played

201718s.jpg

Pretty much a given at this stage. At 56 points, the last few seasons no team has finished with more than that and no team as looked overly strong to challenge me this season. The two draws were unfortunate, the first coming against FC København in the second game of the season, 1-1 at the Parken, the other being a close 2-2 away game against FC Midtjylland, in between Danish Cup and Champions League games. I honestly thought we were going to lose when we went 2-0 down quickly in the first half. We have not failed to score in a single league game this season. A higher goal difference this season, which is largely in thanks to Pauli*, though we've leaked more goals than I would have liked, having already conceded 20 goals this season, considering we finished last season with only 19 goals against. København have one of the largest squads I've seen them with to date, as their AI usually keeps it pretty small. Wouldn't be surprised at all to see them finish a comfortable 2nd. Brøndby looked to continue their form from last season, pushing 2nd and 3rd place, but collapsed before the end of the summer period with a 5 game losing streak. Though twice now they've given me difficult games, having played me to two 4-2 wins home and away. Randers FC aren't doing anything special, apart from Jacob Dehn being a (slow) beast for them at the heart of their defense and goals from Romanian signing Costin Curelea. Looking at the bottom of the table I'm rubbing my hands greedily at the prospect of seeing FCM go down, and hopefully stay down!

Pauli* is in top form, with 26 goals in 18 league games. Not as many assists this season, but with 13 games to go he is only 8 behind his record. He even got the European Golden Shoe award at the end of last season, which doubled his value to £4.2M. Wolski is on 13 assists, which matches the league and club record set by Adryan a few seasons ago. Wolski has been consistent and kept Larsen out of the starting XI. Ibrahim* missed 3 months with a torn calf, which gave Marcondes a good run of games. Not many assists, but he has played well considering he hasn't really had a chance to settle until now. Only a matter of time till Marcondes gets called up for Denmark, along with Aabech*. Boudebouda's final season and he's showing it, being the weakest member of the team and along with injuries to Romero, has seen us leak goals. Talking of Romero, even though none of my coaches say he is injury prone, he's been doing it again this season, which could see me shipping him out soon if he keeps it up. Providing I can find a like for like replacement. I do have a good youngster with potential to replace him, but he's got some time to go before he is ready. On the other hand he has got called up for Argentina (2 caps), which I thought would be unlikely considering the quality that country regularly produces, so I guess that say's something at least.

Attendance at Gentofte Stadion has been very good, regularly selling 14,000+ tickets a game, a few 15,000 sell outs. The club will just have to upgrade Farum Park again when it's complete, as we should easily be filling the new expanded space of 12,997.

Champions League:

Group Stage

Lost
: A 0-2
Paris Saint-Germain

Won
: H 2-1
FC Bayern

Won
: A 4-2
Zelijeznicar

Draw: H 1-1
Zelijeznicar

Won
: H 4-3
Paris Saint-Germain

Lost
: A 0-1
FC Bayern

Finished 3rd, Eliminated in the Group Stage!
Qualify for First Knockout Round
of the Europa League!

Good news for both Denmark and my team, Denmark being 11th in coefficients, 2 places behind Holland for a second team to get a Europa League playoff spot. I was kind of surprised by this, as we've not done anything overly exciting in Europe other than being consistent in getting a team into the Champions League group stages (which we now have automatic entry for), and usually finishing 3rd in the group. My team, FC Nordsjælland's coefficient has increased enough to place us as 3rd seed in the Champions League, which makes my group's slightly easier, being listed as 45th on the table, ahead of the likes of Ajax, Anji, PSV and Marseille.

The group didn't look fun with the drawing of PSG and Bayern as the 1st and 2nd seed teams in my group, though I could have gotten worse than Bosnian minnows Zelijeznicar as the 4th seed team. This years group stage taught me a valuable lesson, as wins over big teams such as Bayern and PSG are worthless if I don't finish off the smaller teams. After the 3rd group stage game, I was top of the group, I played my 2nd game against Zelijeznicar at home and went up 1-0, but we just couldn't get another goal to finish them off and they punished us in the final minutes of the game, drawing 1-1. If we had won that game, we would have finished top of the group. The final game against Bayern I could have salvaged 2nd place with either a draw or a win, changing my tactics to grind out the game. Boudebouda's poor league form crossed over in to this game, getting robbed of the ball in the box, to let us go 1-0 down early in the second half, having to chase the game with 30 minutes to go playing against a strong Bayern Munich side at the Allianz-Arena. The group finished with Bayern going top with 12 points and +8 goal difference, PSG with 12 points and +4 goal difference and myself 3rd with 10 points. Zelijeznicar last with a single point, which they snatched from us. The main positive I can take out of this being that we weren't dominated by the two big teams in the group, which gives us confidence that we can progress out of the first knockout round of the Europa League.

FC København made it into the Champions League group stage with a win over Lille in the playoffs, 5-2a. They also finished 3rd in their group, which consisted of Man United, Galatasaray and Linfield (Lloyd Jones' new team!). No other Danish teams made it in to Europe.

Danish Cup:

3rd Round

Won
: A 4-1
Middelfart

4th Round

Won
: H 3-1
AGF

Not much to report here. Using the competition to keep my fringe players fit and they've not let me down. The AGF game started out a little tough, going 1-0 down, though I think the home advantage saw us through with a 3-1 win. We play SønderjyskE next in the quarter final, away from home.

I see your undefeated 2016/17 F.C. Nordsjælland season and raise you my 2014/15 F.C. København undefeated season :D Here's how I did the Champions League 2014/15 Absolutely amazing against Chelsea. I won 3-1 at home, but unfortunately I lost on away goals. Looking forward to seeing how fast you can win the Champions League with your Danish team. This was my first time getting past the 1st Knock-Out rounds with F.C. København

I see your undefeated 2016/17 F.C. Nordsjælland season and raise you my 2014/15 F.C. København undefeated season :D Here's how I did the Champions League 2014/15 Absolutely amazing against Chelsea. I won 3-1 at home, but unfortunately I lost on away goals. Looking forward to seeing how fast you can win the Champions League with your Danish team. This was my first time getting past the 1st Knock-Out rounds with F.C. København

That got to be the easiest CL group in history - you can't even dream of getting a group like that ;-)

That got to be the easiest CL group in history - you can't even dream of getting a group like that ;-)

Haha, yes you are right about Hapoel and Metalist, but Porto are a way bigger club than F.C. København, and beating Chelsea 3-1 at home was a big achievement. They were 1st in the Premier League at that time!

2017-18 - Winter - End of the Season

Transfers Out:

AMR -
René Beckmann*
- £20K -
Sandnes Ulf

Transfers In:

AML -
James Lacey*
- £20K - Cartaginés -
[
]

DM -
Eddy de Vries*
- FREE - TFC Academy -
[
]

* Regen

No big spending this transfer window. I let Beckmann* go after Sandnes Ulf came in for him. Didn't have a future at the club and with a 50% sell on clause I could potentially get something more for him down the line. Eddy de Vries* is a Canadian/Dutchmen who I poached 3 or more seasons ago, but couldn't move til now when he turned 18. A decent DM with lots of potential, give him a season or two he'll be ready to step up just in time for when my current DMs contracts come to an end. Lacey* was another impulse buy. My Central American scout came back with him, a 3 1/2 star 18 year old valued at £2K. I thought at that price I couldn't lose, he can either make it or end up spending his contract at my feeder clubs. Once he arrived at the club my coaches were telling me he has 4 star potential and no weaknesses. Win win!

New Youths

Most notable youth prospect(s) to come through the academy are:

DC -
Mikkel Bo Elkjær*
[
]

DL -
Erik Rasmussen*
[
]

* Regen

No outstanding youths, Elkjær* and Rasmussen* being the pick of the bunch. Looking back I've not done too bad with regens, with Aabech* already in the first team from my first season's youths, I have Timmi Knudsen* waiting in the wings to play DR, he'll replace Parkhurst next season and Lenshøj* who saw some games at DC this season. 3 first team/fringe players in 6 years isn't too bad. No world beaters to come through my academy though...yet.

Season

Superliga: Season complete

201718w.jpg

Not as good as last season, but realistically still very good, especially the amount of goals we scored. Won the title with 7 games in hand. Our first loss came in between my Europa League games, I decided to rest Pauli* and paid for it, AGF (of all teams) broke our undefeated run that started last season in a 2-1 loss in our last game at Gentofte Stadion. 3 games later I would draw 1-1 with VB Kolding, once again at home, and get my second loss, this time to AC Horsens at home, 2-1. Once my undefeated streak came to an end, I wasn't too worried if I lost again or not that season, my priority was getting fringe players and youngsters game time. FC København collapsed again, was hoping they would come 2nd to put a good team in to the Champions League, hopefully AaB don't let Denmark down. Kolding are quickly becoming the Wigan of the Superliga, escaping relegation season after season, along with FC Midtjylland digging themselves out of a hole.

Another individual record breaking season for some players, Pauli* scoring 41 goals in 26 league appearances, 52 goals in all competitions, becoming 2nd in top goal scorers in the Champions League, 12 MotM awards with an 8.22 average. He is starting to gain the attention of the big clubs with Barcelona having 'major interest', though I don't plan to sell him any time soon. Wolski broke the assists record with 18, 21 in all competitions, he has already become a club Icon. Boudebouda continued to have dips in form, the major factor in losing the games we did, good time to get rid of him. None of my DMs had a stand out season, which makes me consider that to be the next area to upgrade, though it could be my own fault with the constant rotation to keep all 4 of them happy. Ibrahim* barely made 14 league appearances due to injury, so even though he still has another 2 years on his contract, I plan to cash in on him now. Hansen lost his place half way through the second half of the season, Blanco* finally learning Danish and being far superior with his attributes, I gave him the No. 1 spot. Funnily enough after a few games on the bench Hansen tells me he wants a new challenge. Expect a few changes to my lineup next season.

Europa League:

1st Knockout Round

Draw: A 3-3
Standard

Win
: H 3-1
Standard

2nd Knockout Round

Win
: H 4-1
Udinese

Lost
: A 0-4
Udinese

Eliminated in the 2nd Knockout Round!

1st Round draw gave us hope, drawing us against Belgian side Standard. They pushed us to a 3-3 draw away from home, made me wonder if I underestimated them, thankfully my team restored my faith with a 3-1 win at home to win the tie. The 2nd round draw was not so kind, I knew Udinese would be a tough game, but I am not happy how we went out. Controlling the first leg with a 4-1 win, we dominated Udinese and honestly did not think they would come back. I fielded a strong team in the return leg, though I lost Pauli* to suspension and had a dent in our morale after a loss in the league between the ties. I didn't see the 4-0 whipping coming. Very frustrating, we couldn't get into the match. Are we overly reliant on Pauli* to win us games? An improvement at least, but I don't expect to gain ground next campaign, as it'll be a rebuilding season.

FC København also made it to the 2nd Knockout Round in the Europe League, beating a strong Genoa CFC 5-4a in the 1st round and then losing 9-0a (ouch!) to Juventus.

Danish Cup:

Quarter Final

Won
: A 2-0
S
ønderjyskE

Semi Final

Won
: A 3-1
VB Kolding

Won
: H 3-0
VB Kolding

Final

Won
: N 3-0
Randers FC

Danish Cup Champions!

Fringe players did it again, only conceding 1 goal in the 4 games in the Cup played. Aabech* ended the competition as joint top scorer with 5 goals. Kolding in the Semi's over two legs was never going to be an issue and meeting Randers in the final again was relatively stress free, having only lost once to them in every game played, Wlodyka winning us the Cup with a hattrick in the final.

Who Won What?:

Superliga: FC Nordsjælland

Danish Cup: FC Nordsjælland

Champions League: Man Utd

Europa League: Liverpool

European Super Cup: Real Madrid

Club World Championship: Real Madrid

World Cup: Croatia

Well done. What are your tactical settings? I'm really struggling with FCK.

Viggo, what are your tactical settings?

Well done. What are your tactical settings? I'm really struggling with FCK.

This isn't my exact starting XI, but it shows the tactics and player roles. When I go in-game I set it to: Retain Possession, Pass To Feet, Work Ball Into Box and Exploit The Flanks. For corners you want your kick takers to aim for the 6 Yard Box. Score a lot of goals that way.

I let my assistant decide what to do against my opponents, I have the standard one called Riemer. It's really key that you have pacy wingers with good crossing, dribbling and determination. I almost always let in 1 goal, no matter what team I'm playing against even with my best defenders on the pitch. But I also score about 3+ goals on average. If you're just starting up, I recommend buying Okore, Albæk and Adryan. Adryan will not be in your starting XI for the first season, but he improves rapidly and should make his way into your first XI in the 2nd season. Okore should be played at right CB. Here's how your starting XI should look like if you want to beast it out with this tactic: Wiland (GK), L. Jacobsen (RB), Okore (RCB), Sigurdsson (LCB), Bengtsson (LB), Albæk (LCM), Claudemir (RCM), Bolaños (AMR), Vingaard (AMC), Jørgensen (AML), Cornelius (ST).

This is what made my succes and has been really great. I beat Chelsea 3-1 at home in the 2nd season using this tactic. Chelsea were 1st in the Premier League at the time. I hope this helps.

Viggo, what are your tactical settings?

I play a deep and rigid control 4-2-3-1.

The top 4 attackers are responsible for my goals and assists, while my back 4 and 2 DMs defend with mixed passing. I play a high line, with defenders than can run and pass. Press more, cautious tackling, zonal marking and play offside. My two wingers are two footed and cut inside, my AMC is a Trequartista but gets more assists than goals (not sure why, wasn't my intention, but it works!). All of my players have long shots on rarely.

No shouts, unless adapting to the opponent or situation (opponent has no wingers, look for overlap/exploit flanks, etc), opponent instructions left to assistant.

Used the same tactic for 6 seasons, won the league every season except the 1st (partly due to my past experience setting). Player quality to fit the role's is a big part of my success with this tactic, I sign players to fit the positions rather than fit the tactics around the players.

Quick update in my game, Croatia won the World Cup, thanks to my striker Ivica Pauli*, who won Best Player, Golden Boot (8 goals in 7 games), Best Young Player and named in the Dream Team. Had to give him a new contract to scare off other suitors, £25K p/w. Quite the increase from my former £7.5K p/w cap. Never had such an amazing striker before in all my years player FM/CM. Link to screenshot.

Quick update in my game, Croatia won the World Cup, thanks to my striker Ivica Pauli*, who won Best Player, Golden Boot (8 goals in 7 games), Best Young Player and named in the Dream Team. Had to give him a new contract to scare off other suitors, £25K p/w. Quite the increase from my former £7.5K p/w cap. Never had such an amazing striker before in all my years player FM/CM. Link to screenshot.

you really can't complain about Pauli's demands, can you? amazing that you got him to sign a new contract. 5 more years with him i priceless

• 4 weeks later...

Archived