Fm2013

Hi All,

Not looking to troll here, got some genuine things i'd like to raise...

1) When was information first released with previous Football Manager games? Obviously nobody knows for sure when FM2013 info will be published but there could be a clue held within this information.

2) Tactics - i'd like to see a break away from the fixed positional tactics. Yes, while it is true the tweaks within the positions can effectively alter the positioning of a player, no team lines up to any opposition in general as a flat 4-4-2, 4-3-3, 5-3-2 etc.

3) Tied into 2), the role of a forward was removed. Why? There are differences between the functions of say Llorente and Crouch, to Rooney, Ronaldo and Messi while the function of a traditional attacking midfielder varies between Iniesta to van der Vaart for example.

4) I've read before suggestions for a quick match result screen. I would like to offer my partial support for this. To have an option to skip 45 minutes would be fantastic. The greatest thing about very early editions of manager games has been the ability to pick it up for an hour and make credible progress. I feel this has been lost with such in depth functions that 95% of users barely entertain. If Football Manager wants to truly dominate, it needs to bring back that fun factor it had before and this I feel is the quickest method to please all audiences.

1) Previous FM's have usually been announced or at least some info released around mid august

2) Dont see the point really?

3) The forward role is covered with the current tactical options for attacking players

4) Could be an option.. as many would like this

Only just looked on the site and seen the new features:

"Press conference tones" Ugh, why even bother? Just do away with them, repetitive, unnecessary and tedious - choosing to provide an answer in a "calm", "cautious" or "aggressive" manner won't change any of that.

Instant results isnt exactly a new concept - I remember using that on Premier Manager '98 on the Playstation 1.

A thoroughly uninspiring list of "new" features.

kudos to deano there ....im devestated also by the fact its likely to be out around xmas.....that gives 5 months of playing time before people are bored of the game as the real season ends in may...the season has started why not have fm 13 out now

Dude it's usually November. Nothing new there. I wish they'd spent more time ironing out the problems with the main game rather than giving us a bunch of new "game modes" that I almost certainly wont touch. The "challenges" mode sounds (and looks) very FIFA. Surely if people want that, they'll buy FIFA?

This is only the first tit-bit of info, but it's left me deflated.

Archived