Opposition instructions

Yes definitely use them. Even if you just allow your Assistant to do them, but its better to do them than not do them.

Okay thank you! Are there any instructions I should always apply on some positions? Or does it depend on the player?

I think it totally depends on the player. For example, the likes of RVP you want to force onto his right foot where as Yossi Benayoun I dont think it matters to much as to which foot you force him onto.

I think it totally depends on the player. For example, the likes of RVP you want to force onto his right foot where as Yossi Benayoun I dont think it matters to much as to which foot you force him onto.

Ah like that, okay. So if there is a striker which is rightfooted and not that very good with his left one, I should show him onto his weaker foot right? Have you ever experienced that it does work or not?

Yeah thats the way I usually do it. When I play against Barca and they stick Messi on the right wing who always likes to cut inside, I show him specifically onto his right foot and it usually cuts down his effectiveness.

Yeah thats the way I usually do it. When I play against Barca and they stick Messi on the right wing who always likes to cut inside, I show him specifically onto his right foot and it usually cuts down his effectiveness.

Hmm I get it yes, what about tight marking and the other options. If you have time, could you explain on which kind of occassions I should apply those.

Hmm I get it yes, what about tight marking and the other options. If you have time, could you explain on which kind of occassions I should apply those.

Tight marking sometimes baffles me. Im not a fan of tight marking a tricky player like Messi because one trick and he is away from you. I tend to just leave that as default, but when you have someone like an Alonso or Scholes who have an eye for a pass I would try and tight mark them or close down ASAP so they havent got a chance to get their heads up and have a look about.

Tight Marking - I use this on tricky creative players to make sure they aren't given space to dictate the game and force them to move to areas where they are less of an influence. I use Never for tight marking very quick strikers as once they are in behind, you won't catch them.

Closing Down - Similar to Tight Marking but I will also target deep midfielders who can dictate play or players who lack composure.

Tackling - I normally use Hard tackling on players with lower condition or if they lack bravery. If I want to play dirty I will use it on players who hive a high aggression rating to try and get them sent off (I have had it work)

Weaker Foot - Always show players who are either Left/Right Only onto their weaker foot. Wingers who are useful at crossing I will show inside, Wingers who are useful as an Inside Forward I will show down the line. If I am closing down a Centre Back because of his low composure then I will show him onto his weaker foot too.

See on my current save I rarely ever use them and am currently sitting top of the MLS West 6 points clear. I think it is very situational as Warrenwwr said

i would definitely manage it for certain key matches eg vs rivals, better opposition etc.

The only time ive ever used them that I can remember is to try and keep Henry quiet against NEw York Red Bulls, they played him AML so I presumed he was going to cut in, kept him on his left foot was quiet for most of the game. Thats about the only time I ever remember using them. Puttin to many OI's on can wreck your positining in my eyes.

You must be lying because I always use the show weaker foot instructions but against good players it seems doesn't matter at all, i show Hulk and Messi to right foot then Ronaldo to left foot but they still easily cut inside through my defense...

Also I recommend not to ask your assistant to do a OI because they can never be trusted

You must be lying because I always use the show weaker foot instructions but against good players it seems doesn't matter at all, i show Hulk and Messi to right foot then Ronaldo to left foot but they still easily cut inside through my defense...

Also I recommend not to ask your assistant to do a OI because they can never be trusted

Yeah I must be lying, or I set my team up and work hard on my training and tactics to make sure that I go into the game giving me the best chance of getting a result. If you want to go with your theory though then knock yourself out.

Archived