FM 12: Atletico Madrid thread: who needs Aguero when you have Falcao?

ReggaeBwoy

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In my save Real Madrid are becoming crappier with every season but the most unusual thing is that I haven't lost a game against them. In every game with Real they are the first to score goal and the game ends 3-1 (this is the most common result). Im in my third season now and I brought Courtois again for 18 mil, even tho it's a lot but he is looking very good and I think it's a good investment. Also brought Antoine Griezmann as an AML and he is doing great. I'll be looking for a new and young striker to replace Falcao in few years and I'm looking at Damiao but will see.

EDIT: Yeey we reached 2 pages! :thup:

Real Madrid had two bad seasons, even missed out on the top 4 but they have Balotelli banging in goals for fun. They sold C.Ronaldo to Man City for £10m (He was 32) I thought that would help me even more but it seems Higuian never misses a chance. Oh well. I decided to have a mini clear out. I bought another Porto youngster. I have 5 players from Porto all under 20.

Menez has left fot £6m to Bordeuex

Silvio to Almeria for £4m

Wilifried to Granada for £7.5m

Ruben Yttered to West Ham for£15m

Need a right wing back and another striker.

Atletico - August 2012

Transfers (£) & Squad

I had loads of players I wanted to offload this summer, so off went Luis Perea (free), Paulo Assuncao (800k) Tiago Mendes (4m), Diego Costa and Ruben Micael (loans + fee) to clear some space. Also had space to fill in the squad because of Diego, Pizzi and Nene finishing their loan spells here.

So in came Valero (10m), Isco (4m - loan), Ruben and Koke (returned from loan). I was also chasing Marc Bartra for a while, but Barca willing to let them go like I thought they were, and also Silvio sustained torn cruciate ligaments, which will keep him out until at least February, so I decided to bring in a new first choice right back - Jesus Gamez (5.5m). To supplement right back I brought in Thanos Petsos (loan), and he can also cover other positions.

Another target of mine was Pablo Sarabia, but it would've taken a very large bid to get him so I settled on Jordi Alba (13.5m) who I see as a left winger and also long term successor to Antonio Lopez. Towards the end of the window clubs came in for Filipe (8m) and I had been watching transfer listed Didac (2.5m) so decided to make the swap.

My squad for the first half of the season:

GK: Sergio Asenjo, Joel Robles

RB: Jesus Gamez, Thanos Petsos

CB: Joao Miranda, Alvaro Dominguez, Diego Godin

LB: Antonio Lopez, Didac Vila

DM: Koke, Mario Suarez

CM: Borja Valero, Gabi, Ruben Perez

AM: Arda Turan, Isco, Fran Merida

RW: Eduardo Salvio, Juanfran

LW: Jordi Alba

ST: Radamel Falcao, Adrian Lopez

The squad probably lends itself to playing a 4-3-3 but 4-2-3-1 will still be my favoured formation, but lots of rotation will take place.

August Results

Spanish Super Cup

Atletico 1-0 Barcelona

70' Salvio

Barcelona 1-2 Atletico

40' Sanchez --80' Falcao

- - - - - - - - -82' Alba

La Liga

Atletico 1-0 Espanyol

57' Adrian

European Super Cup

Atletico 1-1 Real Madrid

83' Isco ----11' Ronaldo

Real win 4-1 on penalties

La Liga

Getafe 4-4 Atletico

37' Colunga -10' Falcao

48' Arizmendi 13' Koke

85' Sarabia - 35' Salvio

90+2' Leon--45+3' Ruben

Barca played a pretty weak team across the two legs of the Super Cup, so not too suprised I beat them there. The Real result I'm pretty gutted about, I thought we were the better side, particularly in the second half and extra time, Arda and Falcao should have put them to bed.

Fairly routine home win over Espanyol, could maybe have scored more if Adrian wasn't so wasteful. The Getafe game was crazy though, they had a player sent off just before half time and Miranda got sent off on 60 minutes, disappointed that they came back from three goals behind, this team never usually gives away leads.

The Champions League draw gave me Liverpool, Wolfsburg and Napoli, a pretty tough draw I think considering Napoli were the only good team in pot 4 and Wolfsburg were one of only two good teams in pot 3. Liverpool are beatable though, so four well matched teams I think, I reckon we'll get through.

Player of the Month

Not many have stood out because I've rotated around quite a bit due to lack of fitness and experimentation. Eduardo Salvio has been a pretty constant threat though, scoring two, laying on three and generally causing problems for defences. Adrian Lopez and Alvaro Dominguez also did well.

How much did you have to pay for Griezmann?

I paid his release clause £21M iirc but I'm wondering if I haven't done wrong as my ass man rates him merely 3 stars. I'll play him to the end of the season and decide.

Atletico - September 2012

Results

La Liga

Athletic Club 1-0 Atletico

29' Susaeta

One of the worst performances I've seen from this team, 0 shots on target, no possession and no fight.

Champions League

Liverpool 2-0 Atletico

56' Suarez

69' Coates

Another poor game, the second without scoring, though we were probably better than Liverpool, they just overpowered us from set pieces and long balls.

La Liga

Atletico 4-2 Sevilla

2',40',45+2' Falcao

50' Caceres og

- - - - - - - 75' Candreva

- - - - - - - 90' Del Moral

Falcao was lethal, three chances and three goals. Some more late sloppiness gave away goals but we were always in control.

Deportivo 3-2 Atletico

- - - - - - - - -13' Koke

23' Rodri

- - - - - - - - -31' Arda

81' Nino

87' Dutari

A stupid game, we completely dominated them but couldn't create any chances. Scored two longshots, but other than that they sat deep and blocked us out. Then they went up the other end and scored three corners, conceding a ridiculous amount of set pieces at the moment, especially late on in games.

Atletico 1-0 Osasuna

33' Arda

A more comfortable win than it probably looks, we absolutely dominated throughout but couldn't put away any of the clear cut chances that were created, Salvio being particularly guilty. Thought we were going to collapse at the end again but we didn't give them a chance really.

Player of the Month

Tough decision as the defence was atrocious in general whilst we struggled to score in some games. Koke was very good throughout the month though and has cemented a first team spot for me. Falcao and Arda were also good, but no better than their standard performances.

Yeah this season's going really poorly at the moment, hope it'll turn around. Koke's excellent, been one of my best performers, but he's just torn his hamstring. :( Just gotta hope it doesn't set him back too much.

Soldado only scored 19 in 41 on my save, and has 3 in 6 so far this season.

Atletico - September 2012

Results

La Liga

Athletic Club 1-0 Atletico

29' Susaeta

One of the worst performances I've seen from this team, 0 shots on target, no possession and no fight.

Champions League

Liverpool 2-0 Atletico

56' Suarez

69' Coates

Another poor game, the second without scoring, though we were probably better than Liverpool, they just overpowered us from set pieces and long balls.

La Liga

Atletico 4-2 Sevilla

2',40',45+2' Falcao

50' Caceres og

- - - - - - - 75' Candreva

- - - - - - - 90' Del Moral

Falcao was lethal, three chances and three goals. Some more late sloppiness gave away goals but we were always in control.

Deportivo 3-2 Atletico

- - - - - - - - -13' Koke

23' Rodri

- - - - - - - - -31' Arda

81' Nino

87' Dutari

A stupid game, we completely dominated them but couldn't create any chances. Scored two longshots, but other than that they sat deep and blocked us out. Then they went up the other end and scored three corners, conceding a ridiculous amount of set pieces at the moment, especially late on in games.

Atletico 1-0 Osasuna

33' Arda

A more comfortable win than it probably looks, we absolutely dominated throughout but couldn't put away any of the clear cut chances that were created, Salvio being particularly guilty. Thought we were going to collapse at the end again but we didn't give them a chance really.

Player of the Month

Tough decision as the defence was atrocious in general whilst we struggled to score in some games. Koke was very good throughout the month though and has cemented a first team spot for me. Falcao and Arda were also good, but no better than their standard performances.

4 goals in one half for Falcao, unstoppable :eek:, are you still using him as a poacher?

Atletico - October 2012

Results

Champions League

Atletico 1-0 Wolfsburg

48' Arda

Good win in a close game, but both teams were wasteful with chances. The bigger news was an injury to Koke, which will see him miss around 3 months, a huge blow.

La Liga

Villarreal 1-0 Atletico

3' Cani

How we lost this I have no idea. Went down early through a wonder strike, and from there we were by far the better team. Open goal misses from Adrian and Salvio amongst numerous other misses made this a really frustrating game.

Atletico 1-2 Malaga

31' Miranda

- - - - - - - -38' Baptista

- - - - - - - -57' Joaquin

Another game that followed exactly the same formular, dominating completely with none of the forwards being able to score, then they hit us twice on the break and score with ease. Arda and Falcao also need a rest from playing 90 minutes every game.

Called a team meeting after this game, didn't go brilliantly but a few players reacted well, so hopefully something will change.

Champions League

Atletico 0-1 Napoli

- - - - - - -- 72' Cavani

Exactly the same story, dominated the chances, couldn't put any away whilst they score one of their few shots on target and it goes in. Not really anything I can do about these games, we should have won all of the last three games yet we've lost them all.

La Liga

Atletico 2-0 Granada

20',40' Adrian

Absolutely smashed them, though of course the result doesn't indicate it. 35 shots, loads of clear cut chances, whilst they got 0 shots on target.

Copa del Rey

Eibar 1-3 Atletico

- - - - - - 7',28' Juanfran

27' Bleda

- - - - - - 90+1' Gabi

Shouldn't have given up the goal, but a comfortable win nonetheless. Falcao played the whole game and didn't get a single chance though, I don't know what's wrong with him.

That leaves my end of month league position as 10th. Obviously that's nowhere near good enough and a couple of players have come to me worried about underperforming. Consecutive wins at the end of the month hopefully means confidence will be raised though.

Player of the Month

Well nobody played well, so this is a bit of a pointless selection, but Arda was the only real spark throughout the month, even though he's been running on empty for the past few games. Jesus Gamez has been pretty solid at right back, and Isco has come into the team and has performed pretty well.

My bad about Falcao, got confused :rolleyes: Quite a comptetivie league La Liga must say. Have Malaga splashed the cash in your save on world-class players? If you wanted to involve Falcao more have you tried using him as a targetman? That is where the Assistant Manager reccomends he should be used as and he may be involved in play more that way. Have you kept an eye on Saul Niguez btw? One of the best young talents for Atletico Madrid.

Malaga have spent barely anything, £27m over the two seasons on a few decent players but no one special.

I've varied Falcao's role a fair bit, the only thing that's really remained constant is 'runs from deep - often'. I might try changing that to sometimes, if he can't score himself he can at least get involved in attacking moves at some point, right now he's offering nothing to the team.

Saul has featured for me a bit here and there, but he doesn't seem to be developing particularly well. I'll keep him around for a few more years though, see what he becomes.

Atletico - November 2012

Results

La Liga

Barcelona 3-0 Atletico

22',26' Villa

71' Alexis

Started the game well but terrible defending on two counts gave Villa his first half double. From there on they dominated and we never really created anything all game.

Salvio also picked up an injury in this game which will keep him out for about 6 weeks, though he has been playing poorly anyway.

Champions League

Napoli 2-0 Atletico

33',90+4' Cavani

Had much the better of the first half but again shooting was awful and we went in 1-0 down. Second half was more balanced and we still couldn't score, and the second was a penalty but it didn't matter because the players had long given up by then.

So I'm pretty much out of the Champions League already, still holding out for a Europa League spot though.

La Liga

Atletico 3-0 Real Madrid

6' Adrian

35' Juanfran

71' Isco

The game was fairly even overall, but we actually took some chances for once. Deserved win.

After this game Adrian decided to hand in a transfer request. Can't really see the reasoning behind it but I guess he'll be on his way in January. Shame as he'd being playing better than Falcao.

Copa del Rey

Atletico 3-0 Eibar

2' Juanfran

19' Petsos

63' Falcao

Easy win, Eibar were really poor. Should have scored more.

La Liga

Real Sociedad 0-1 Atletico

- - - - - - - - - - - 20' Alba s/o

- - - - - - - - - - - 27' Arda

A really tough game with the early sending off, we were second best throughout. I saw the spirit that saw us grind through loads of matches last season though.

Champions League

Atletico 0-1 Liverpool

- - - - - - - -44' Coates

Once again another dominating performance over Liverpool where the cheeky bastards score through a set piece. Should really have worked on defensive set pieces before the game as it was the only time they threatened again.

After 12 league rounds played we're up to 7th in the league. Still tough going, but I'm sure we'll be top 4 by the end of the season. In the Champions League we're level for 3rd with only 3 points, 6 behind Liverpool and 8 behind Napoli. A draw in the final game at Wolfsburg will see us into the Europa League.

Player of the Month

Isco had a major role to play this month, as I gave him a run in the team on the back of injuries and poor performances for other players, and he didn't disappoint as he was the main creative player and constantly looked dangerous when he played. Miranda and Arda miss out.

Cheers, kind of came out of the blue after two defeats haha. Isco's carried my team the last few games, any attack for us and he's always central to it, forcing me to play Arda out wide where he's been less effective.

Definitely one of his traits yeah. I don't set him as target man, don't really want to force play through one route as the team is good enough to do want they want to an extent. Also Falcao's not good enough in the air or on the ball to warrant it imo.

Transfer budget for 2nd season - £600k *lol*

Guess the board liked that I won the Euro League and finished 3rd in the league - clinching Champions League football in my first season in charge

I did spend £110m in the first season though (over 48 months deals) so that might have had an impact

Going to be difficult to keep playing the game with absolutely no money to spend, and only getting 35% of all sales

Transfer budget for 2nd season - £600k *lol*

Guess the board liked that I won the Euro League and finished 3rd in the league - clinching Champions League football in my first season in charge

I did spend £110m in the first season though (over 48 months deals) so that might have had an impact

Going to be difficult to keep playing the game with absolutely no money to spend, and only getting 35% of all sales

Well you spent £110m!

I can never spend that much in a season. I always have to make a profit when it comes to transfers (incoming/outgoing). I have a £140m budget after 7 seasons which I won't really touch. The good thing is, continued success elevates your player's price tag. Eduardo Silvio was worth £23m at one stage.

Joe_the_man

Would you cash in on Falcao? You might be having the same issues I had with him. Just couldn't get him involved enough, no matter how I played him.

Also Saul is still at the club in my save but playing for Atletico B. He wouldn't make many other second division sides. Bit of a shame as I tried to develop him the best I could.

In the beginning of season 4 my team looks like following:

GK: Courtouis (sp?)

DR: Cesar Azpillicueta

DL: Jose Angel

DC: Alvaro Dominguez

DC: Inigo Martinez

MCd: Javi Martinez

MCa: Iker Muniain

AML: Antoine Griezmann

AMC: Lucas Moura

AMR: Douglas Costa

ST: Falcao

Crazy money! Who did you spend it on?

Would you cash in on Falcao? You might be having the same issues I had with him.

I would consider it, but it'd have to be a pretty high amount. A month ago (in game) that amount would have been lower though haha.

In the beginning of season 4 my team looks like following:

Muniain in central midfield is daring.

Atletico - December 2012

Results

La Liga

Atletico 4-1 Real Betis

13',55',67' Falcao

47' Gabi

- - - - - - - -77' Tejera

The team actually made chances for Falcao this game, and it showed with an easy win.

Racing Club 1-4 Atletico

- - - - - - - - - - 41' Gabi

- - - - - - - - - - 48',57' Falcao

82' Fonte

- - - - - - - - - - 87' Valero

Another game made a lot easier by the fact that Falcao got chances, rather than other players. Quite annoyed we can't keep a clean sheet though.

Almeria 0-4 Atletico

- - - - - - - -23' Falcao

- - - - - - - -38' Gamez

- - - - - - - -47' Juanfran

- - - - - - - -89' Valero

Good away win against a very poor side.

Champions League

Wolfsburg 0-1 Atletico

- - - - - - - - - 24' Falcao

29' Hitzslperger

35' Pandev

63' Jonsson

Well that's the end of being in Europe, finished bottom of the group with only 3 points, awful campaign. As for this match I can't complain, both teams needed the result and they were better on the day and took their chances well.

La Liga

Atletico 1-0 Sporting Gijon

17' Mario

Defended well but the team looked tired from too many games, got the win though which was the important thing.

Valencia 0-1 Atletico

- - - - - - - - 66' Salvio

Consecutive clean sheets. Not the most convincing of wins but Valencia didn't have a shot on target. Incidentally Valencia are now in the relegation zome!

If you ignore the part where we dropped completely out of Europe then you could say this was a successful month. Now up to 7 league wins in a row and looking pretty steady.

2zykkxv.png

Player of the Month

Probably Falcao. He wasn't as dominant in the final two games as in the first few, but neither was anyone else. His goals have raised morale and possibly set the team back on track. Isco and Juanfran also had a good month.

Team of the Season

(so far)

Asenjo

Gamez Miranda Dominguez Didac

Gabi Mario

Juanfran - - - - Isco - - - - Arda

Falcao

Asenjo has been decent mostly, pretty reliable I think. Gamez has been very good, though I've probably overplayed him due to lack of real competition. Miranda and Dominguez still my favourite partnership, though Godin's played a bit. Didac has ousted Antonio as my first choice left back, but it's still pretty close between the two.

Midfield has been switched around a fair bit, Valero has played as well as Gabi and Mario. Koke has been injured most of the season but he's just about back now. Isco has been fantastic, arguably outperformed Arda in attacking midfield. I've preferred Juanfran to Salvio on the right due to the latter's greediness, though he is the better player. Arda has been used a lot on the left when not in the middle, but Alba has probably played there most.

Obviously Falcao up front, but I was preferring Adrian until he handed in a transfer request. Since then he hasn't played a minute.

Crazy money! Who did you spend it on?

Muniain £21m

Martinez £35m

Canella £3.8m

Torosidis £4.4m - Sold on for £7.5m

Mandanda £11.25m - sold on for £24.5m

Willian £12.75m

Gaitan £6.75m

Vertonghen £9m

Azpilicueta £6m

pretty pleased with those ins - sold players for £34m in the first season and £51m so far in the second season (Signed two youngsters in the summer for a combained fee of £10m (Kurt Zouma and a german MC-newgen)

Signing Jose Enrique (£24.5m) and Pepe Reina (£43,5m) in January from Liverpool. I know that the is a lot of money, but I'll have two Spanish internationals for years to come in my side. Will have to see if there is anybody interested in Adler (signed on a free in the summer) to finance a little of Pepe's transfer

Not sure if I should try and sell Falcao and bring in a faster striker

Muniain in central midfield is daring.

To be honest I was really puzzled whether to play him there or keep him as a backup for the AMC spot.. then I decided I want to play all my favourite players, the four: Moura, Griezmann, Costa and Muniain. That was why I dropped him to the MC spot, it was either him or Moura, and set him as Advanced Playmaker/Support and with few changes in the personal instructions I can say that he is doing very good, not briliant but he is young and many things can happen even open up a more suitable spot for him.

Just was analysing things. Burgos is an appaling assistant, offers useluss advice. I have terminated Burgos contract as he was not interested in becoming a goalkeeping coach and hired Cirilo Guiterrez as my new assistant. He is experienced and if you see his personal club player knowledge it is excellent unlike Burgos which is why he offers little detail. I would advise people who want more assistant advice to go for this choice.

Btw, just watched a brilliant game with Atletico and Valencia, 4-2 it ended, Adrian and Falcao were brilliant. Falcao 2nd goal was out of this world with his weaker foot but I do believe he is strong on his left foot although he is predominantly right footed.

Going back to Burgos, his main knowlegde is for goalkeeping and not tactical and this is vital IMO, especially if you need a bit of help against teams you are not fully fond of. Annoying thing about Joel is he plays second fiddle to Rayo other keep and sometimes is rotated but don't no if he will recieve the full development. How have people got in with Joel in the second season. Is he anyone's number 1 keeper?

That Cirilo Gutierrez is woeful in my game, not worth looking at, must be random attributes/ability. Burgos isn't great but I'm keeping him until his contract runs out because i don't feel like I need the tactical advice, I'll probably promote Paulo Cesar Batista dos Santos to ass man in the summer.

Joel is alright, not played too much though as Asenjo's clearly better and he's been injured for some games I wanted to play him in.

You're right, his attributes are pretty woeful but his determenation and knowledge is good and offers decent tactical advice and he the most experienced out of them. But comparing when I had matches Burgos advice was poor and I was lost.

Is Paulo Cesar a game created guy or is he in my one as well? Can not find him

Woow he does look an excellent assistant manager, might be looking to poach a few after I am done with the season. Currently mixing this with my Ajax save.

What season you in Ranqualme? The weird thing is I was doing research about Joel and I have no source from where he has ever scored a free kick so a bit confused as to why he has got such a good free kick attribute

As an ass man I would recommend Sidnei Lobo - he is what I mainly look for in an ass man - he has good JPA, Motivation and Tactical Knowledge. I give my scout a lot of work to do like manage my reserves (something that is not available with Atletico), do my team talk (which I'm too lazy to do myself), renew some contracts and arange frendlies so I need those attributes to be high. Also a good ass man is Patrick Coillott (sp?) but he was not in my game when I started with Atletico.

Sidnei Lobo is a brilliant ass man, might restart a new save and hire him. Do you have any ideas on how you see the staff roles attributes what Joe just posted? Coilott is not in my game too. Do you mean you let your ass man manage reserves and renew contracts or another person?

Do you also see the difference in having a high quality ass man as Lobo?

About the reserves - yes but this is not possible with Atletico iirc because they have no reserve team, but in a paralel save with Man City my ass man manages my reserves (I think, but I'm not at all sure, that this might develope some of his stats) and in every save I set my ass man to renew contracts even tho I renew my first team players myself. And about the difference - yes, a big yes. As I said I set my ass man to do the team talking and that's why I need a man with higher motivation attributes and that makes a big impact, they are more often motivated. So that are the main attributes I look for - Motivation, JPA, Tactical Knowledge (mainly look to be above 15 but when you're few years in or you're managing a great club even above 17). You might benefit if the assistant is having good Adaptability, Determination, Man Management (but for the last three I'm not completely sure).

...do my team talk (which I'm too lazy to do myself)...

I remember reading that the most important attribute for this was man management fwiw.

Do you have any ideas on how you see the staff roles attributes what Joe just posted?

Do you mean how to take a screenshot? Hold Alt+F9 and it put the screen you're looking at in My Docs>Sports Interactive>FM12>Screenshots. From there just upload it to a image hosting site.

Atletico - January 2013

Results

Copa del Rey

Atletico 3-2 Villarreal

- - - - - - - -1' Drenthe

5' Zapata og

32' Marcano og

- - - - - - - -36' Rossi

54' Isco

Shaky start but 'Own Goal' dragged me through this one, combined with a great strike by Isco.

Villarreal 1-2 Atletico

- - - - - - - - 52' Falcao

77' Rossi pen

- - - - - - - - 90+1' Ruben

Therefore won 5-3 on aggregate. They were probably the better team in this game but they didn't take their chances.

La Liga

Atletico 3-0 Cordoba

2' Arda

25' Isco

80' Falcao

Pretty easy win, Cordoba offered nothing in attack. During this game Diego Godin picked up a hip injury that will keep him out for 2 months, so Dominguez and Miranda will have to play pretty much all of every game until he comes back.

Copa del Rey

Espanyol 1-1 Atletico

11' Raul Garcia

- - - - - - - --53' Juanfran

Tight game but we probably should have won. Raul Garcia coming back to haunt us.

La Liga

Mallorca 1-2 Atletico

16' Hemed

- - - - - - - -44',89' Falcao

A real let off, we were pretty poor but snatched the goals and won the game before extra time. For some reason a lot of players were nervous throughout the game.

Copa del Rey

Atletico 2-1 Espanyol

- - - - - - - -7' Amat s/o

- - - - - - - -33' Sergio

78',90+1' Falcao

Another comeback win with another very late goal. Really should have won this by some distance though.

La Liga

Espanyol 0-1 Atletico

- - - - - - - --1' Falcao

Game we should have put to bed earlier, but another win is another win.

Copa del Rey

Athletic Club 2-1 Atletico

- - - - - - - - - - 18' Mario s/o

23' Amorebieta

- - - - - - - - - - 51' Didac

81' Benat

With a man down, a goal down and Falcao out through suspension we set up to defend and got an alright result because of it.

A great month's worth of results, keeping the winning streak going in the league and advacing in the cup. In terms of transfers, wantaways Adrian Lopez and Fran Merida both left the club on loan for the rest of the season (£1.4m fee combined) and to replace them I brought in Danny Sturridge, also on loan (£250k fee but with £60k wages).

Player of the Month

Lots of good candidates this month, great defensive performances and lots of goals scored. Isco probably wins it again though, wonderful player creating so many chances from midfield. Falcao led the line really well and Dominguez also had a very good month.

Falcao is back to his best I guess then. Regarding the previous post, I am fine with the screenshots but you posted a pic of Paulo Cesar. In that screenshot, where you see 'staff roles' and you can see his abilities at managing and assistant managing.

I can't seem to find those on my saves. Sorry if you cannot understand me but for instance his coaching ability is excellent and the blue bar is listed to the full extent but I cannot seem to find these in my save. Those don't appear

Ohh, I see what you mean. Do you played FM full screen or windowed? I guess it depends on screen resolution but I find this changes certain screens around, and in windowed it misses some information out with no other way to get it...quite annoyingly.

Edit: just tried changing to windowed and it doesn't affect it for me. I have no idea in that case, sorry. :p

Edit 2: maybe start a thread in GD about it, if there isn't one? Would be interesting to find out.

How are people getting on? Is it me, but I restarted my Atletico save and Burgos seems quite better this time round with his attributes, maybe not but looks better than what I had previously slated him for. Anyway decided to go with Lobo as my assistant. What formations are people playing with? I want to get Falcao more involved with the game which he doesnt seem to be doing. Unlike others, Diego is one of my more better players.

I accidently saved over my most updated Atletico save.. I had won the league and the Copa Del Rey but lost in the last 16 of the CL to CSKA Moscow surprisingly. I had over 40 shots over two legs, they had 7. I lost 3-2 on Aggregate to a penalty that was dive from Tosic I think.

But I'm glad I saved over it as I had done everything I wanted to and was just playing out of not wanting to start a new save. 3 league wins, 2 Champions Leagues, 3 Copa Del Reys, 2 Euro Super cups & Club World Cups - not much else to do. Not happy with how bad Barcelona have gotten, failed to finish in the top 6 two years in a row, Real Madrid are a threat and Valencia remain unbeaten til about 25 games and then can't seem to buy a win.

Formations wise ReggaeBwoy I switched between a 4-3-3/4-5-1 and a 5 - 2 - 3 wing backs and wingers. Falcao was hardly ever involved in the games for me, even when he would score he would be invisible.

Surprised about Barca tbh with Messi in their team. I have always noticed in previous saves despite Valencia financial troubles irl they always seem to be quite a force. I take your word on Falcao, but maybe I might train him to come deep to get the ball

Archived