For Club and Country - Patriot or Preposterous?

Dave.

I know! :p That was two years ago - we finished bottom of our group again last year, and this year didn't make it to the Champions' League group stages but the Europa League instead.

End of season report (shock horror :eek:) to come for that shortly.

75px-SP_Tre_Penne_logo.png

2018/19 SEASON REPORT

After comfortably topping Group A again, dropping only two points and conceding only two goals, we found the Champions' Playoff much harder this time around - with an increasingly competitive Domagnano and surprise package Faetano both holding us to draws and pushing us all the way. Still, we just about got the job done - Lucarelli's eighth title out of eight. It'll only take one of those chasing teams to turn professional now and we'll have real competition on our hands.

We had our best European run yet. It started disappointingly; losing out to Sparta Prague in the Champions' Playoff in the Champions' League, which consigned us to the Europa League group stages. But somehow, we made it through the group with a string of sensational performances. I thought we had a chance against Trabzonspor in the First Knockout Round, but a tight home loss and a dismal away performance put paid to our fairytale run.

Our training facilities are undergoing constant improvement these days; as is our stadium. We're now attracting up to 10% of San Marino's population to our home games; not a bad number at all. A football-mad country it is certainly becoming! Our Junior Coaching is now rated at 'Exceptional', although our Youth Recruitment is still basic, and we don't even own our own Youth Facilities yet, with the bored refusing to move on from our 'Adequate' rented facilities. I'm working on pushing them to change this over the next few years.

We have produced one promising player mind - young striker/winger Federico Pertosa. He certainly has the potential to be a mainstay in the San Marino team for a while to come, and at 15 is already starting to get appearances for the club.

2019Pertosa.png

Such is my terrible reputation for failing to update when I should, I've nearly finished the 2019/20 season, so expect some kind of report on that in the near future.

Really good read. Good luck! :thup:

Thanks! :)

Wow Knockout Rounds, that's stunning! What's the squad like? Still mostly Argentinians?

Mostly Italian now, actually. We've got a South American contingent - two Argentinians, two Colombians, two Chileans and a Peruvian. We've also got a Frenchman, a Norwegian, a Swiss and a Portuguese. And just the single first-team Sammarinese.. :o

2019/20 SEASON REPORT

Much easier in the league this year - we won 19 out of 19 matches and conceded just three goals, scoring 85. I'm really hoping some of the other teams start to produce decent players and above all turn professional soon enough, as it's getting almost boring now. Again, we also won the Coppa Titano and the Trofeo Federale.

Europe was a little more subdued this time around. We qualified for the Group Stages of the Champions' League again after missing out last year, but were unable to earn a point in a tough pool. I was impressed with how respectable we kept it against Barca, and in the home match against Schalke, we actually shaded the possession and chances stats.

Our best player is currently a young Argentine striker, Gustavo Ribolzi, who as you can see is WAY too good for the league. We still have him on contract for a few more seasons, so hopefully he can spearhead our push in Europe. His history.

[b]Rankings[/b]

Ranking Criteria		Name		Position
World Ranking			San Marino	206th
European Nation Coefficents	San Marino	27th
European Club Coefficents	Tre Penne	82nd
European Competitions		Campionato SM	107th

Your champions league group bears a striking resemblence to the one ive just been given :D Good work though, that money will help develop your club or fund new players. Ribolzi looks like an amazing signing for your club.

The money's just gone into something a little more exciting than that... The update coming along momentarily will explain that. He is, very much in doubt I'll be able to hold onto him any longer than his current contract however. He's the only player with a 5* rated ability at the club.

2020/21 SEASON REPORT

Group A was topped comfortably again, with the only dropping of points coming in a disappointing stalemate at home to Juvenes Dogana. We conceded one goal at this stage all season. After four games in the Champions' Playoff, all of which were won, I noticed that our final game would be away to Domagnano - who had also won all four of their games. Now this could be interesting, I thought, with a little bit of excitement coming at the close of the season for once. I never predicted this. After the match, when I realised what had just happened, I was absolutely stunned - this was my first season where the league title had not been won! Furthermore, Domagnano had just nicked our Champions' League spot for next year! In a way though, I'm glad to know we do have rivals again; it makes things a little more interesting. I can only hope that they can do well in Europe, for the good of San Marino.

Despite not winning the Campionato Sammarinese for the first time, we had by far our strongest performance in Europe. We qualified comfortably for the Group Stages, drawing Bayern, Liverpool and Rangers in a tough, tough group. However, we managed to do the double over the Scottish champions, and finished third! We had two tight losses - 1-0 in Germany, and 2-1 in Merseyside, but lost our home matches to both in rather disappointing fashion. In fact, only in the horrible 6-0 loss to Bayern were we in a losing position at half time! So - this meant we were through to the Europa League knockout again. We got Shakhtar, and a 0-0 at home and 1-1 away meant we progressed on away goals! Benfica were next, and we held them to a 2-2 draw at home. However, the return match in Lisbon was a bridge too far, and they beat us 2-0 to end our dream European run.

The only other real bit of news from the season - and I can tell you it's a big one - is that the board have decided to give up expanding our old stadium season upon season, and build a new one! Named 'Lucarelli Park,' this is the first time I've had a ground named after me on any version of FM. Chuffed.

[b]Rankings[/b]

Ranking Criteria		Name		2019/20	2020/21
World Ranking			San Marino	206th	205th
European Nation Coefficents	San Marino	27th	22nd
European Club Coefficents	Tre Penne	82nd	6nd
European Competitions		Campionato SM	107th	73rd

Great european run. Shame about the league, that team but be pretty strong to have beaten you? Got a screenshot of that new player of yours?

I see why that might have confused you haha, when I was talking about the 5* player that was Ribolzi. The money was spent on the new stadium, that's what I was getting at! :p

oh right haha my bad. I was wondering how you had managed to get a player even better than him. How much did the new stadium cost then?

£6-7M I believe... Puts us down to only around £3.5M in the bank.

We've just achieved another of my game goals - a win over a Serie A side! Pretty chuffed with this one.

2021PalermoWin.png

Which leaves the Europa League group, with one round left, looking like this:

Team		P	W	D	L	F	A	GD	PTS
Sevilla		5	2	3	0	9	5	+4	9
Tre Penne	5	2	2	1	8	5	+3	8
Palermo		5	2	2	1	12	7	+5	8
Partizan	5	0	1	4	4	16	-12	1

We're almost there.. an away match against Partizan awaits. We qualify if we win, or if we draw and Palermo don't win, or even if we lose and Sevilla beat Palermo.

Domagnano did well in Europe, beating Ekranas and Litex before losing to Victoria Plzen of the Czech Republic. They therefore made it to the Europa Group stages and drew Dortmund, Braga and Sparta Prague. They won 1-0 in Prague, but have lost every other game and with just the trip to Dortmund remaining don't look like adding to their points tally.

Archived