Dual nationalities

One way that I've managed to assemble a top squad is to sign up loads of kids who start as regens with no club

Many of these are Euro so no need for a work permit. However, so many who show up as being e.g. Argentinian turn out to have dual nationalities. Loads and loads of kids are part Portuguese it seems.

Has anyone else noticed this ?

While yes it is unrealistic a lot of South American players are eligible to play for Portugal so I think this may be why they're containing split nationalities.

A lot of Brazilians have double Portuguese citizenship. Fairly obvious historical reasons.

However, the nationality generation can be quite weird sometimes, as when a fellow player found a Czech/Basque player, for example :)

A lot of Brazilians have double Portuguese citizenship. Fairly obvious historical reasons.

However, the nationality generation can be quite weird sometimes, as when a fellow player found a Czech/Basque player, for example :)

I do read the SI forums rafa...just lurking around:D

I think it's a bit weird that European players can pop up as Basque, but there are quite a no. of South American Basques, e.g. Forlan, Amorebieta, Aristegueta, etc.

I do read the SI forums rafa...just lurking around:D

I think it's a bit weird that European players can pop up as Basque, but there are quite a no. of South American Basques, e.g. Forlan, Amorebieta, Aristegueta, etc.

Hehe, hi there :)

The South Americans Basques are easily explainable due to the immigration flux from Spain. So their ancestors were Basque, which in turn makes them Basque too.

I've also found quite a few interesting combinations involving players with basque as a second nationality (for example eastern european countries as mentioned above)

However I have also seen a player in my current save game with monegasque as only nationality. In FMH2011 Milan had a regen with basque as only nationality.

A slightly different issue is that a lot of regens turn up from countries such as Guadaloupe, Martinique etc. Shouldn't they have French as a second nationality as you won't find many quality players representing these countries.

In my current save game Chinese Taipei gets a new right back added to the game virtually every year as well.

Archived