The CSE European Championships

Guest roberto922

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest mikeytwigge

ill probably get some more on mine done tomorrow. Looks like adams gonna push me all the way. it might be worth pming some of the others to check they havent forgotton

any chance of an extension to the deadline? Maybe Monday night? havent been able to play at all over the last few days had ALOT on, i have started just nowhere near finished.

let me know please, if not i may try to pull an all nighter tonight.

Guest roberto922

It depends, if on Sunday there's any pairs (people against each other) thatg haven't both finished I'll have to extend it.

Officially started LA Galaxy Challenge:D

LA Galaxy

Pre-season Transfers

IN

• ST Luiciano Emilio from DC United
  • AM RLC Christian Gomez from DC United

OUT

• DC Abel Xavier
  • ST Edson Buddle
  • ST Alan Gordon
  • DM Ante Jazic
  • ML Peter Vagenas

Game 1 at Houston Dynamo

A 0-0 draw to start the season.

Glass half empty

• we didn't win the game
  • no goals

Glass half full

• the season is only starting

Next game: at the Home Depot Center against FC Dallas

MLS Standings: 5th in Western Conference (2pts behind 1st place Colorado)

Superliga Standings: Not entered yet

US Cup: Not entered yet

Average 27,000 fans in regular season and playoffs: N/A

Beckham Assists: 0/30

Donovan Goals: 0/30

Awards other than MVP: N/A

MVP: N/A

LA Galaxy

Game 2 vs FC Dallas

Another 0-0 draw.

Glass half empty

• no goals for Donovan
  • no assists for Becks
  • Beckham missed a penalty:(

Glass half full

• season is still early

Next game: at home against Columbus Crew (US Open Cup Qualifying Semi-Final)

MLS Standings: 4th in Western Conference (1pt behind 1st place Colorado)

US Cup: US Open Cup Qualifying Semi-Final vs Columbus Crew

Average 27,000 fans in regular season and playoffs: averaging 21,638 fans through 1 game

LA Galaxy

US Cup Qualifying Semi-Final vs Columbus

A 2-0 win:)

Glass half empty

• the Beckham injury

Glass half full

• onto the Qualifying Final
  • another clean sheet for Steve Cronin

Next game: vs Chivas USA

MLS Standings: 4th in Western Conference (1pt behind 1st place Colorado)

US Cup: US Open Cup Qualifying Final at Chivas USA

Average 27,000 fans in regular season and playoffs: averaging 21,638 fans through 1 game

EDIT: Post number 1000:D:D

LA Galaxy

Game 3 vs Chivas USA

A 3-2 win:)

Glass half empty

• we seriously lack depth in the squad...
  • Donovan not scoring:mad:

Glass half full

• 2 game winning streak:D

Next game: at Chivas USA in the US Open Cup Qualifying Final (technically Chivas USA and the Galaxy play in the same place, so I guess it's a home game in a sense:D)

MLS Standings: 3rd in Western Conference (4pts behind 1st place Real Salt Lake)

US Cup: US Open Cup Qualifying Final at Chivas USA

Average 27,000 fans in regular season and playoffs: averaging 24,302 fans through 2 games

Well it looks like I'm the first to finish. Hopefully i've put the right images up as you've said roberto its a pretty strange leage system.

Purse or Puree Meseurs?

41eeb4b505d59.gif

Get your suitcases packed as you head out of Europe and into Asia, Indonesia to be accurate. You'll be staying at Jaypura and helping their local team Persipura to a title, if you're good enough that is. The hopes of a club rest upon your shoulders, don't dissapoint!

If the scoring system isn't quite right do forgive me, they've got a pretty strange league system.

Scoring System:

Win the Indonesian Premier League Final:200 Points http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll125/Bealesy1971/PremierFinal.jpg

Reach the final: 150 Points

Win the third place playoff:125 Points

Win the second phase:100 Points http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll125/Bealesy1971/2ndPhase.jpg

Win the first phase:75 Points http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll125/Bealesy1971/1stPhase.jpg

2nd Place:50 Points

3rd Place: 40 Points

4th Place: 20 Points

5th Place: 10 Points

6th Place: 5 Points

7th Place or lower:0 Points

Win the Indonesian Cup:50 Points

Reach the Final: 25 Points

Semi Final: 15 Points http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll125/Bealesy1971/SemiFinalofCup.jpg

Quarter Final: 5 Points

Lower: 0 Points

One of your players has more than 10 MoMs in the first phase: 10 Points

Score the most league goals in the first phase: 10 Points

One of your players scores at least 4 hattricks:5 Points

2248050366_1d02a4f122.jpg?v=0 [/img

Guest roberto922

I haven't really played it much tbh, I'll start on it tomorrow and I'll make sure I've got plenty of anti-depressants.

Guest roberto922

Let's see what you think of this :-)

G'day Socceroo fans

The Australian national football team represents Australia in international association football competitions. Its official nickname is "the Socceroos".

The team is controlled by Football Federation Australia (FFA), which is currently a member of the Asian Football Confederation and has had an invitation to join the ASEAN Football Federation since 2006 (Australia's Youth teams play in the ASEAN Youth Tournments).

Australia is a four time Oceania Football Confederation champion and has been represented at two World Cup finals tournaments, in 1974 and 2006. The Australian National Football team is currently ranked 38th by FIFA, and 40th by the Elo Ratings.

Australia plays their home game all around the country, but most of their games are played at ANZ Stadium, Sydney Football Stadium, Suncorp Stadium and Telstra Dome. These are usually listed as Australia's home stadiums.

Captain: Lucas Neill

519px-Lucas_Neill.jpg

Lucas' father Edward is originally from Northern Ireland and played for Belfast sides Linfield Swifts, Cliftonville and Brantwood. He left Northern Ireland for Australia in 1969. Neill grew up in the Northern Beaches of Sydney and was a student at Wakehurst Primary School, in Belrose, and St. Augustine's College, in Brookvale, before attending the Australian Institute of Sport on a football scholarship in 1994-95.

Vice Captain: Vincenzo Grella

6298.jpg

Grella's family is of Italian descent. At age 14 he was the youngest football player admitted to the Victorian Institute of Sport, in Melbourne, and he went on to train at the Australian Institute of Sport on a football (soccer) scholarship from 1996-1997. His previous clubs include Canberra Cosmos and Carlton in Australia and Ternana,Empoli F.C. and Parma F.C. in Italy.

Star Players:

Mark Bresciano:

Bresciano grew up in Rosanna in Melbourne, playing football locally and joining the first team of Victorian Premier League side Bulleen Lions in 1995 at age 15.

He made little impact until his third year in the first team, scoring four goals in four league games and helping Bulleen to the 1997 VPL grand final. Bresciano's reputation began to grow, and he was selected in an Australian Schoolboys squad that toured the UK in 1996. In 1997 he featured prominently in Australia's unsuccessful U17 World Cup qualifying campaign, scoring five goals.

Tim Cahill:

Tim_Cahill.jpg

Cahill was born in Sydney to a Samoan mother and an English father, of Scottish and Irish descent, and was encouraged to play football as a child. He attended Bexley North Primary school, Tempe High School and Kingsgrove North High School, where he ended his high school years.

Cahill paid a visit to Bexley North following his World Cup exploits where, despite the fact that the school holidays had started, almost the entire student body turned out to welcome him back. As a youngster Cahill played football for Balmain Police Boys Club and the Marrickville Red Devils Soccer Football Club.

Scott McDonald:

scottmcdonald_wideweb__470x286,0.jpg

McDonald began his career at outer suburb club, Doveton, before joining Casey Comets. He made three appearances on loan from his Victorian State League club, Cranbourne Comets, with Gippsland Falcons in the Australian National Soccer League, where he became the club's youngest ever NSL player, making his first team debut, aged just fourteen.

McDonald started off as a trainee with Southampton in 2001 where he only managed one first team start and two appearances as a substitute, being loaned to Huddersfield Town and Bournemouth where again he had chances to play first team football. Upon reaching the end of his contract with Southampton he signed for the MK Dons (at that time Wimbledon F.C.) on a rolling monthly contract.

Players with most caps:

# Name Career Caps Goals 
1 Alex Tobin 1988 - 1998 87 2 
2 Paul Wade 1986 - 1996 84 10 
3 Tony Vidmar 1991 - 2006 76 3 
4 Brett Emerton 1998 - 67 14 
5 Peter Wilson 1970 - 1977 64 3 
6 Attila Abonyi 1967 - 1977 61 25 
7 John Kosmina 1977 - 1988 60 25 
Stan Lazaridis 1993 - 2006 60 0 
9 Milan Ivanović 1991 - 1998 59 0 
10 Tony Popović 1995 - 2006 58 8 
Mark Schwarzer 1993 - present 58 0 
11 Jimmy Rooney 1970 - 1980 57 4

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Right then introduction over and on with the challenge, Australian football (or soccer) has never quite hit the top, maybe due to a severe lack of success. Grab the Australian publics interest and run with it, hit the heady heights of World Cup 2010 and the fans and media alike will adore you.

Scoring System:

Win the World Cup: 200 Points

Reach the final: 175 Points

Bonus Points

Beat Argentina in the friendly: 5 Points

I haven't finished the scoring system yet.

Guest mikeytwigge

just out of interest roberto if you make the final will you still set the challenge or will you let one of the beaten semi-finalists do it in the interests of fairness

Well, he played for Motherwell, and stopped Celtic winning the league by scoring two goals in the last minute of the last game of the season. One of them was an overhead kick. Then about 3 seasons later Strachan signed him for Celtic for 250k and in his first season for Celtic (which was last season) he scored about 30 goals with 24 being in the league, iirc. He is also attracting attention from several English clubs.

Add that to Skippy's description.

Archived