The CSE European Championships

Guest roberto922

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest roberto922

Rancer I need a hand, in the A-League do the top four from the Regular Season go through to the Hyundai Finals? If that's not how it works could you figure out a scoring system with 200 points for winning the whole shebang.

Guest roberto922

Right then let's get going

Adam C vs Mikeytwigge

Bathing in Beijing

track.jpg

Beijing, possibly the most cultured city in the world holds host to the Olympics this year, despite that their football team is nothing spectacular to be honest (The Chelsea of China)despite that they will be lucky enough to have the Birds Nest as their home from 2009, your job is to do what you can to bring them success and help them match their Olympians achievements.

Scoring System:

Win the league: 200 Points

2nd Place: 175 Points

3rd Place: 150 Points

4th Place: 125 Points

5th Place: 100 Points

6th Place: 50 Points

7th Place or lower: 0 Points

Win the FA Cup: 50 Points

Final: 40 Points

Semi Final: 20 Points

Quarter Final: 10 Points

Lower: 0 Points

Bonus Points:

Beat one of your fierce rivals: 10 Points

Beat one of your other rivals: 5 Points

Achieve a bank balance of over £6million: 5 Points

Xu Yunlong scores more than 10 league goals: 10 points

Beijing_2008_Volunteers.jpg

Guest roberto922

Man U King vs Glenn UK

Victory is yours... or is it?

0,,5392132,00.jpg

G'day mate, welcome to Melbourne Australia, the land of the sky scrapers, Koala bears and the famous word G'Day, just don't go messing with those Mantas they're real vicious. Anyway we've arranged a ticket with the famous Melbourne Victory, they're the best in the A-League and as a quarter finalist I expect you to uphold that tradition.

Scoring System:

Win the Hyundai Finals: 200 Points

Semi Final: 150 Points

1st Place: 100 Points

Win the Pre-season Cup: 100 points

Win the 3rd place Playoff: 30 points

Win the 5th place Playoff: 10 points

Win the 7th place Playoff: 5 points

Defeat both of their rivals (Sydney FC and Adelaide United): 10 points per victory over Sydney and Adelaide (Pre-season Cup and Regular Season only)

Score at least 30 league goals with a striker: 10 points

Melbourne_Victory_FINAL.jpg

The scoring system will probably change once I've hopefully got a new scoring system off Rancer890

Guest roberto922

Bealesy vs Spartans5

Purse or Puree Meseurs?

41eeb4b505d59.gif

Get your suitcases packed as you head out of Europe and into Asia, Indonesia to be accurate. You'll be staying at Jaypura and helping their local team Persipura to a title, if you're good enough that is. The hopes of a club rest upon your shoulders, don't dissapoint!

If the scoring system isn't quite right do forgive me, they've got a pretty strange league system.

Scoring System:

Win the Indonesian Premier League Final: 200 Points

Reach the final: 150 Points

Win the third place playoff: 125 Points

Win the second phase: 100 Points

Win the first phase: 75 Points

2nd Place: 50 Points

3rd Place: 40 Points

4th Place: 20 Points

5th Place: 10 Points

6th Place: 5 Points

7th Place or lower: 0 Points

Win the Indonesian Cup: 50 Points

Reach the Final: 25 Points

Semi Final: 15 Points

Quarter Final: 5 Points

One of your players has more than 10 MoMs in the first phase: 10 Points

Score the most league goals in the first phase: 10 Points

One of your players scores at least 4 hattricks: 5 Points

2248050366_1d02a4f122.jpg?v=0

Guest roberto922

Rancer890 vs Roberto922

Super power? Learn to play first!

Yankee doodle dandee! welcome to Los Angeles the land of airheads and beach bods, there's been a helluva buzz around these parts since that ponce Beckham showed up, the only problem is the rest of the Galaxy plays like Brett Angell! Teach this so called 'Super Power how to play football and you'll pass this challenge.

quakes_galaxy4.jpg

Scoring System:

Win the MLS: 200 Points

Reach the Final:175 Points

Win the MLS Western Conference: 100 Points

Win the Superliga (I think they are in it...): 100 points

Reach the Final: 75 points

Reach the Semi-Final: 50 points

Win the US Cup (nothing less): 100 points

Bonus Points:

At least 25 assists from Becks (league and cup only): 10 points

At least 25 goals from Donovan (league and cup only): 10 points

Average 27,000 fans in the Regular Season and Playoffs: 10 points

Win an individual award with any member of the team (excluding MVP): 10 points

Win MVP with any member of the team: 20 points

la_galaxy_logo_big.gif

Oh, um, scoring system lol? I never played in the A-League but I'll try my best:o

Man U King vs Glenn UK

A-League's Melbourne Victory

Scoring System:

Win the Hyundai Finals: 200 Points

1st Place: 100 Points

Win the Pre-season Cup: 100 points

Win the 3rd place Playoff: 30 points

Win the 5th place Playoff: 10 points

Win the 7th place Playoff: 5 points

Defeat both of their rivals (Sydney FC and Adelaide United): 10 points per victory over Sydney and Adelaide (Pre-season Cup and Regular Season only)

Score at least 30 goals with Archie Thompson: 20 points

And may I suggest a bit more points for the LA Galaxy challenge:D (I know the MLS a lot more than the A-League)

rancer890 vs roberto922

Scoring System:

Win the MLS: 200 Points

Reach the Final:175 Points

Win the MLS Western Conference: 100 Points

Other stuff I'll like to add:

Win the US Cup (nothing less): 100 points

Sweep the series against Chivas USA: 50 points

At least 25 assists from Becks (league and cup only): 50 points

At least 25 goals from Donovan (league and cup only): 50 points

Average 27,000 fans in the Regular Season and Playoffs: 50 points

Win an individual award with any member of the team (excluding MVP): 50 points

Win MVP with any member of the team: 100 points

Guest roberto922

No lol, I won't know when I've won points lol, keep it simple :D, thanks for the A-league though.

I'll add the following for MLS as I'll know if I've won them lol.

At least 25 assists from Becks (league and cup only): 50 points

At least 25 goals from Donovan (league and cup only): 50 points

If you explain the rest of it to me I'll consider them.

Ok, I'll explain them (as the MLS expert in this thread:D)

Sweep the series against Chivas USA: Chivas USA are their main rivals (after the San Jose Earthquakes relocated to Houston, but the Earthquakes are back for FM09), so I thought maybe some points against their rivals would be cool. They even share the same stadium lol.

Win the US Cup: I surprised you never heard of this, the Lamar Hunt US Open Cup. It's the equivalent of the English FA Cup, so I think points should definitely be awarded there (considering there are points for the FA Cup in your other challenges). I personally never played in the US Cup since I always play as Toronto FC, and Toronto isn't part of America;) (Thank God lol).

Average 27,000 fans: straightforward enough. The Galaxy average nearly 26,000 at the Home Depot Center so sticking another 1000 people in the seats shouldn't be that hard:D

Win an award other than MVP: there are many awards in the MLS. The full list is here MLS Awards. I think you should get points for winning an award, but it's your call roberto if you want this.

Win MVP: straightforward. Win the Most Valuable Player award. With all the star players like Ruiz, Donovan, and of course Becks on the team it should be straightforward.

Of course, this is no easy challenge, considering the Galaxy fired Gullit and Lalas last week.

I hope this clears some things up:)

Guest roberto922

Oh btw, I'm having a resurgence in the voting atm :D the majority of the last 5-6 in the awards have voted for me :D I'm still miles behind canvey though :( lol.

Guest mikeytwigge
Good luck mikey, I dont know though, I'm not so confident myself. Never managed in China before.

neither have i. I did hong kong once lost me first 5 games and gave up. Are we managing jan 07 or 08

Guest roberto922

Don't be so hard on yourself :D you've had a few votes, I'm probably only getting votes because I'm around the forums more.

Guest roberto922

Oh and so that it looks like I've put a bit more effort into this challenge I'm gonna try and put a bit more of an introduction and a few more points scores for the semi finals, expect two less repetitive, more enjoyable challenges. Anyway for those of you that are online, rating out of 10 for the challenges assigned to you? Also rate the thread to what you think it should be, I don't mind if it's 1,2,3,4 or 5 lol, I just want stars by it.

Guest roberto922

The one that's predicted 4th (I think), has a green kit and is due to move into the birds nest in 2009, it's all in the info screen. Post the full name when you find it please so that I can put it in the challenge preview

Guest roberto922

Thanks, question for you: Galaxy has a wage budget of 22k which they are sticking to apparently despite the fact that Becks is on 66k p/w, why :confused:

Guest mikeytwigge

beijing Guo'an. no repetitiveness isnt an issue. if you wanted to spice it up a bit you could always put restrictions in such as competete in the copa america with brasil only using players that play there football in brazil

Thanks, question for you: Galaxy has a wage budget of 22k which they are sticking to apparently despite the fact that Becks is on 66k p/w, why :confused:

MLS Expert:D: The MLS has a Designated Player rule where one player can be paid more than the league maximum, US$325k a year I think, and the player doesn't go against the league cap (your wage budget basically).

And you can't allocate transfer budget to wage budget and vice versa, as your wage budget is fixed in the MLS.

Guest roberto922

Cool, I've got a 22k wage budget and 120k transfer budget despite the fact that they've paid Beckham £250m over 5 years :(

Archived