Draft or Salary Cap Options

JimbobWWFC

I was looking around on the editor recently, with the aim of learning more about creating or editing a competition that uses a salary cap system, but I couldn't find the option anywhere. I'd also be interested in a competition that uses a draft system too.

Anyway, I know how to use the editor, but I'm definitely not an advanced user. Does anyone here know how to set up such a competition that uses either of these functions, or if it is even possible?

Draft isn't possible. Salary cap might be however, though I've yet to mess around with the options to see what they do.

It requires you to use the advanced rather than basic editor. In nation fixture rules, there's an option to set squad selection rules. Two of the options are Annual Wage and Annual Wage (MLS Capped). I presume with this you'd be able to set some sort of maximum value for squad salary, though it may instead refer to maximum individual salary. It's something you'd have to mess around with to see what it does.

Just been noisey but what are you doing

I was thinking about creating a competition (preferrably a league) that uses a salary cap system. I was hoping to use it for a league of the best teams in Europe, or something along those lines. Also a possibility is releasing the players from all of the team involved and making them sign players on a free transfer but trying to stick within the salary cap limits of course.

A draft system would also be nice (even if just to start the game, to be used when teams make their free agent signings), but I know that's probably asking for too much :D

As a big fan of the NBA I thought it might be interesting to implement a vaguely similar system, albeit a very difficult one to implement. Any help that you guys can provide would be a big help!

Archived