[theoretically] Is it possible to win a league with any team?

I challenge you to do it then! Norwich, Premiership. Bet you couldn't.

EDIT: Seriously, how? Is it a case of "it's easy when you know how..."?

Not to answer for Cleon, but have a look at his tactic threads for a bit of insight.

My very brief summary from what I've managed to learn over the years (although I don't have the patience to actually follow it through)

1. Right players in the right roles.

2. Sensible and solid base formation.

3. Thorough (outstanding in Cleons case) understanding of the ME and when to change strategy & shout.

4. Player motivation

5. Focus on beating the teams you know you can beat, and play for a point in tough games.

@ the OP It can be done, but it's hard and won't happen by accident.

Haven't tried on FM12, but I am pretty sure no-one could win EPL with Blackpool on FM11. I can give you plenty of examples from all sorts of leagues where it would be impossible (Spain - anyone from the bottom half has pretty much no chance against Barca and Real.)

Many people say it is theoretically possible, but in practice I don't think it is.

If anyone manages to win SPD with Granada, please do abuse me as much as you want.

Spain would certainly be a lot harder than the EPL, as there's fewer good teams to beat each other.

thats something that would be key as well.

I know its comparing real life and FM but the league winners with the lowest points total was Man Utd with in the 96/97 season. My first season in my recent Blackburn Rovers save I finished with 73 points(no cheating).

With a bit more effort tactically and on man management, and with the other top teams beating each other and a few more slip ups then it can happen. Plus Chelsea, Man Utd and Arsenal all went out of the FA & league Cups earlier so less games than usual for their biggest and best players.

Yes it is possible, even without exploits like buying players over 48 months. I find FM too easy, so the first thing I've done when getting the game for the last few versions is play with the lowest rep team in the EPL without buying any new players. Once you hit a winning streak and morale is high, it isn't too hard to keep it going.

Archived