Mario Gomez: Before and After Injury

A little update: Ribery has now played for almost three months after his (4,5 months) injury, and he hasn't regained a single point of his abilities. 17 appearances, 8 as a starter. As I said his star rating dropped from 4 to 2, and his valuation from well over 20m euros to just 6,75. So in short, he is ruined. According to my staff, he's about as good as Pranjic...

How is he performing in the matches he's played? Is he playing better than his attributes would suggest he is capable of?

Also is this issue being discussed in the bugs forum?

Can't find any threads on the subject, how about some of you guys post about this in the bugs forum & let SI have copies of your save file so that they can investigate the issue.

I haven't got a copy of FM12 to recreate the problem myself & assuming the right guys in the dev/testing team are aware of this issue because it is being discussed in GD is not wise, particularly as no-one from SI has posted in this thread.

Ahahahaha, and now Ribery suffered a torn calf muscle, out for 3-4 months. Wow. I had been considering editing his attributes back with FMRTE, but i don't know what to do anymore. He isn't *that* injury prone in real life, he has played at least 30 games/season since 2005. And I even lowered his injury proneness a couple of points before starting.

Posted the following in the bug forum thread:

What's really messing all those players up is the fact that SI has probably done something to account for their lack of training (and/or match practice) that directly reflects in the loss of a player's CA, which automatically lowers his attributes across the board. What they haven't done is taken the attribute loss into context. A player that just got fit again after a long inury time-out is probably not playing his best possible football, but baring special situations should at least generally be able to get to where he was before. It would be a much better solution if SI wouldn't take situations that result in the loss of match practice and lack of training due to injuries and strip the player from his very important attributes.

The game needs a kind of bonus/malus system which could record a long time without training due to a prolonged injury and make the player take some time, maybe weeks or even months, before he's back on top of his game. All the same, the game shouldn't touch a player's attributes in most cases - of course there are singular instances when a single or a few attributes may change due to an injury, or where an injury prone player has just reached the point where he can't recover from anymore. But beyond all that, the majority of injured players will be back to playing their regular football in a matter of weeks or months. The way it stands currently, regaining much if anything from such a huge CA loss is impossible beyond a certain age.

I've seen weird attribute drops occur when players return from a holiday as well. It seems in this version not training results in an instant and very rapid loss of CA. This should not happen. Not training should only directly affect physical attributes and the decline of these should in most cases be recoverable to a varying degree depending on the reasons for the lack of training.

In any case, this issue needs attention from a SI employee. It should be clarified if the huge CA loss from not training is intentional and whether they intend to change the game mechanics to properly reflect recovery.

I had one great regen, Antonio Gomez, he was by far the best player in my team, but got injured for 3 months, broken foot. He wasn't as good as before when he returned, but still a class. But, he got injured again, this time for 6-7 months... Massive drop in att's, looked like one mediocre player, I had to sell him ASAP in order to sign better players... Inter bought him (man, that a tough luck for the guy), and he's in their reserve squad...

Before - http://www.dodaj.rs/f/1D/2H/4nMHv3kO/capture.png

After - http://www.dodaj.rs/f/P/qm/p0R57Kj/capture.png

I don't have pics right before injuries nor right after, but you get the point..

I'll maintain that I think the screenie of Mario Gomez after his injury could still do a job.

I think you're totally missing the point.

SI has indicated that currently the loss of CA points is too great and will be toned down in the next patch.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/288985-Effect-of-injuries-too-hard

The CA loss is intentional, but in the case of med to long term injuries it's on the high side at present and will be toned down for the next update.

The other suggestions, although valid, are feature requests so wouldn't be implemented for this version.

Cheers.

I'll maintain that I think the screenie of Mario Gomez after his injury could still do a job.

I think you're totally missing the point. It's not about whether the player can 'do a job' but more the severity of the attribute drops and the inability to train the injured player back up to anywhere near their previous capabilities.

SI has indicated that currently the loss of CA points is too great and will be toned down in the next patch.

The CA loss is intentional, but in the case of med to long term injuries it's on the high side at present and will be toned down for the next update.

The other suggestions, although valid, are feature requests so wouldn't be implemented for this version.

Cheers.

I think you're totally missing the point.

I don't think I am at all, thanks.

Where as I agree that the decrease in attributes is on the severe side, I disagree with the statement in the opening post that he [Mario Gomez] is ruinded after his injury.

It totally depends on what you, Epsilon or the thread starter each understand when you say "ruined". Even a severely weakened Mario Gomez is good enough to find a place in some other Bundesliga club, but would he be a leading star there or even a regular starter? When I see the second screenshot after his long injury, then I notice a player that has become totally useless to the club he's playing at! At 100k Euro per week, he's currently earning maybe about 50k more than would be fair for his decreased current ability. Furthermore, for a leading Bundesliga side like FC Bayern Munich, he really is completely useless and should ideally only be the 3rd best striker in the squad.

So what can someone do in that situation? Turneep needed to buy a replacement striker and the only thing Gomez will end up doing is sit on the bench until his contract has run out. With his contract about to end after the current season and under the present circumstances, there's no way in hell to sell him in the upcoming transfer window, even at bargain prizes. Not only are his current wages a huge deterrent to other clubs, who will take a look at his present contract and decide they can't afford him, but he has no match practice at all and that always makes selling to AI clubs that much harder. In the end, you not only lose (all or a portion of) the 3 to 8 million he could've sold for, but have to keep paying him almost 3 million in wages until the end of his contract, half of which he's just not good enough to earn. Well, no whining from me, because that's life and the risk of injury is always prevalent - we take it, move on and hope for better luck next time. But let nobody be said, that in the game of the thread starter, he's isn't totally ruined.

I don't think I am at all, thanks.

Where as I agree that the decrease in attributes is on the severe side, I disagree with the statement in the opening post that he [Mario Gomez] is ruinded after his injury.

Well 'ruined' is entirely subjective anyway, but a 2 pt decrease across the board effectively reduces him from a first teamer to a fringe player at best. And if the Ribery test posted earlier is any indication it looks like its highly unlikely he will even get close to his old abilities. So as it stands a single severe 6 month+ injury in the game turns a star player into a run of the mill mid tier player. Just seems a bit too drastic for my liking.

Archived