FM12: Tromsø Idrettslag - The most northern team in the world!

Liam-Shannon

Tromsø IL

200px-Troms_IL_logosvg.png

It even snowed on the squad photo!

Statistikk_hovedbilde_artikkel.jpg

europe-map.gif

Information:

Tromsø Idrettslag is a Norwegian professional football team founded in 1920, and based in Tromsø. They play their home games at Alfheim Stadium. Tromsø I.L. currently play in the Norwegian Premier League, and holds the position as the northernmost top-level football club in the world.

Stadium - look at the snow!

1i2q5Mu8SWgTXRqpsYBQCwv04BKXMNWKk_X7k_pJIknQ.jpg

Name: Alfheim stadion

Opened: 1987

Owner: Tromsø IL

Operator: Tromsø IL

Surface: Artificial turf

Capacity: 6,826 (Football)

The pitch at the Alfheim was real up until 2006, when an artificial pitch was layed because the harsh winters left many pundits calling the pitch a solid muddy field.

Fort Alfheim!

Because of Tromsø I.L.'s good home record in many seasons in the Eliteserie (e.g. 10 wins in 13 matches in the 2004-season), Alfheim Stadium has been given the nickname Fort Alfheim, building on the image of Alfheim Stadium as being impregnable. Chelsea F.C., Galatasaray, and Red Star Belgrade have all experienced losing to Tromsø I.L. at Alfheim.

FM Information:

General Info

Nickname: Gutan

Chairman status: Enjoying life at club

Finances: Okay

Estimated worth: 4.9M(Loan debt: 3.4M)

Stadium: Alfeim

Stadium capacity: 7500 (6500 seated)

Training facilities: Average

Youth facilities: Adequate

Continental competition: None

Media prediction: 6th

Money and expectations

I get 5K to spend and no extra wages with a wage budget at 22K/w, you can adjust this slightly but don't expect a lot with Tromso money is tight in the artic!

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Squad n Stuff

(Players in green are key players, players in blue are on loan)

GK: Marcus Sahlman

GK: Robin Malmqvist

GK: Steffen Andreassen

DLC: Ludvig Rinde

DLC: Saliou Ciss

DC: Fredrik Bjorck

DC: Miika Koppinen (VC)

DM/MC/DC Kara

DC/ST: Dan Roger Roland

D/WB/M/AMR: Hans Norbye

D/WB/M/AML: Hans Age Yndestad

DM/MC: Thomas Holm

DM/MC: Vieux Sane

MRC: Remi Johansen

MRLC/AMRC: Magnus Andersen

MC: Ruben Yttergard Jenssen

MC: Lars Henrik Andreassen

AMRLC/ST: Thomas Drage

AMR/ST: Mostafa Abedllaoue

AMRL/ST: Steffen Nystrom

ST: Sigurd Rushfeldt (Captain)

ST: Sega Ngom

(Key Players rundown)

Miika_Koppinen_2_121995x.jpg

Fredrik Bjorck : Fred is an experienced center back with high skills in key areas(15 heading, 15 marking and 14 tackling) He also has solid mental attributes and good physicals, his only letdown is his pace(10,12 acceleration) but he should be an integral part of your defence.

Miika Koppinen: Mika is also an experienced central defender like Fred he has solid defensive attributes(14 heading, 14 marking and 15 tackling) But Miika has excellent mental attributes and very good physicals (12 pace, 12 acceleration, 16 jumping and 14 strength) Miika and Fred should start alongside each other in central defense and you will have no worries.

Arsenal-Aim-To-Sign-Up-Kara-Mbodj-For-3-Million.png

Kara (The black beast) (New Patrick Viera) Kara is an absolute monster of a player he has attributes in all of the right places and at only 21 he has a lot of improving to do. The Tromso faithful affectionately refer to Kara as the black beast, probably because of his intimidating demeanor and that not many people in the artic are black. Straight from wiki ----> Football pundit and ex-Arsenal defender Lee Dixon (MOTD man yes) stated that Kara could well be the answer to both Arsenal's defensive frailties as well as their lack of strength in their midfield, touting Kara to partner Jack Wilshere in the centre of midfield for years to come.

Ruben Yttergard Jenssen

1258313150535_876.jpg

Ruben is another great midfielder he has excellent passing and technical skills and with 7 caps for Norway at the tender age of 22, he is set to partner Kara in your center midfielder for many years to come. He excels technically with 16 passing,16 technique and 16 first touch with his skills and Kara's bullish power you have a great Center midfield partnership which is very young but also very proficient.

Sigurd Rushfeldt

1276771223082_610.jpg

Last but not least is your captain, best striker and coach Sigurd Rushfeldt. Sigurd is obviously getting on a bit now and at the age of 38 he obviously lacks pace but he doesn't lack great technical and mental ability with solid jumping and strength to make a good target man. With 16 finishing, 16 heading, 16 jumping, 16 strength and a string of 15 + mental attributes he is the man to get you goals

Ideal formation

Untitled-4.jpg

This is my ideal formation sorry for the poor size :S. Basically the spine of the team is very solid with the key players all in the center of the park, Tromso lack decent width and fullbacks the left back is OK but a good right back and a set of wingers should be the number 1 targets. The goalkeeper is also solid and will be your number 1 without many problems.

Transfers

Due to Tromso's lack of money it is going to be very hard to acquire decent players, your best bet is to look for players who are on a free or who a very cheap. Your best bet is to try and raise some cash with friendlies etc and then buy players who's potential ability and potential value is massive.

Mobi Okoli

mobiokoli_sandnesulflovham.jpg

Mobi can be your black beast number 2, he has massive massive potential like Kara and should be snapped up ASAP. Even though he is quite lean he has great physical attributes and very very decent technical attributes, he already plays in Norway and gets less than me a week so go get him!

Vegard Forren

vegardforren6_1208285652.jpg

In real life Vegard is being watched by many of Europe's top teams, he can play CB and LB he may cost a bit more money than Mobi but he has huge potential and if you can sign him trust me, sign him.

Why be Tromso?!

dancing-of-the-spirit-northern-lights-tromso-tromso.jpg

Need i say any more? But seriously Tromso have tonnes to offer you. With a lot of great young players and being the highest team in the world being Tromso should be great fun. Also with the dynamic league reputation you can try and make the Norwegian league and Tromso into powerhouses of European football

Goodluck!!!!! And watch out for the polar bears!

Cheers buddy Hoas is a beast, Im gonna get Mokoli in to replace Kara as my chairman accepted a 1.8M bid for him :( he seems impossible to hold on to. O well! Ruben and Okoli it is. Lars Henrik seems to have massive potential anyway!

Goodbye black beast!

Signings so far:

Obi Mokoli CDM/CM/CAM - 225K

mobiokoli_sandnesulflovham.jpg

'The black beast'/Kara was sold for 1.8M by my chairman so Obi became the new 'Black beast' he scored 2 on his debut friendly(he has great offensive attributes as well as defensive attributes.

Per Egil Flo LB/LM/LW/CM - 95K

Per_Egil_Flo_b.jpg

Per is an extremely versatile player and has rounded attributes, I think he will be a good addition to the team.

Kewullay Conteh RB/CB - Free

lega_calcio_palermo_kewullayconteh.jpg

Kewullay is 33 but has some decent defensive attributes I signed him on a one year contract until fellow countryman Kargbo arrives to take his place.

Ibrahim Kargbo RB/CB/LB/CDM - Free

media_xl_716212.jpg

Ibrahim will be my RB he has good attributes and it very versatile, he lacks some mental attributes but if I get into Europe he can always be replaced.

Sales :

Kara - 1.8M PSV

The chairman accepted a bit gutted but gives Mokoli the chance to step up.

Marcus Sahlman - 1.1 M Basel

I sold him because I have a younger keeper in on loan of equal ability who I will try to sign at the end of the season.

Targets:

Ex Villareal and Genoa striker Luciano Figueroa he has been capped by Argentina 10+ times, he still has good ability and is only 29 he will cost nothing.

Pre season is now over I won all my games, I decided to play my reserves to see if it boosted my teams confidence...we will see.

Tromso 7-0 Tromso 2

Tromso 3-0 Sarsporg

Tromso 4-0 Molde

Tromso 6-0 Tromso U18S

My first match is against Molde away! I beat them 4-0 in the friendly also away but this is a different kettle of fish, my first managerial bout is against another newcomer Ole Gunnar Solskjaer!

Ole-Gunnar-Solskjaer-Molde.jpg

Molde-FK.png

akerstadionmk0.jpg

Yes the black beast hes gone now...so I have a new black beast!

Molde 1-2 Tromso

d0HSJjDeifrwItHK_J1JXwi_rl2xLp6yXpONDzTmDFWQ.jpg

Thumbs up from Mostafa he did brilliantly and scored 2 goals, they had a man sent off. Before the game Miika my stat CB got injured so I played Ciss at CB he seemed very shaky...but he does have 16 dribbling! Next game is against Brann at home.

SK_Brann-logo-E870215326-seeklogocom.gif

Nice OP! I was thinking of managing them but decided not to in the end due to not being able to hold on to Kara and no funds to replace him.. (I've visited the most northern McDonalds in the world, might as well manage the most northern Premier league team in the world at some point though!)

Tromso 2:0 Stromsgodset

Great win for us away from home, First goal was from rushdfelt great volley and second was from Per Egil Flo who's turning out to be a great signing.

Mostafa set them both up he did brilliant again! Only downside is Mobi Okoli is injured for a month.

Per_Egil_Flo_b.jpg

1276771223082_610.jpg

The scorers.

Tromso 2:0 Lillestrom

Goals from Rushdfelt and Mostafa we didn't play so well, the first goal was a penalty which came very early and the second was a 90th minute good finish by Mostafa. But never the less happy with the win.

Next game is away at the skagerak arena, home of Odd Grenland.

OddGrenland.gif

indexhtml.jpg

Nice stadium.

Dexter -

Ye Kara is a beast and so is Yttergard but they have a lot of other good players TBF.

Kara was a good cheap option last year but i'm happy he's got a set pa even if it means compared to last year you may lose out on a few points from time to time. Would he accept a new contract at the start do you think so he can be kept hold of by setting a £100m price tag on his head while you grow the club a bit?

I just said on the Neuchatel Xamax thread i'm impressed that there's more people going for more obscure teams this year, once I get the hang of the game i'll be well away from the big leagues just like last year as it is more fun :cool:

Kara was a good cheap option last year but i'm happy he's got a set pa even if it means compared to last year you may lose out on a few points from time to time. Would he accept a new contract at the start do you think so he can be kept hold of by setting a £100m price tag on his head while you grow the club a bit?

I just said on the Neuchatel Xamax thread i'm impressed that there's more people going for more obscure teams this year, once I get the hang of the game i'll be well away from the big leagues just like last year as it is more fun :cool:

Ye obscurity FTW especially when you play in the artic and imagine going to the games on the mini bus in -10C lol, well Kara is a tricky one I didn't care in the end as Mobi Okoli is just as good IMO but he deffo wont sign a new contract but if you set an asking price of 0 for him then your chairman will never accept any bids! But i didn't want to do that :p

Archived