Fm 12 dark skin

Guest dazseight

Guest dazseight
Great work man.

One question though, how do i change the font style pal?

All you have to do is look at the fonts already in the folder.......just re name the font you want to use to the same as one of them.

I thought I put instructions in......seem to have vanished......sure I did it.:confused:

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi dazseight

So far, great skin.

I've been able to change the font but player's name font (when you are in his profile)

Also, in the main menu where load game, start game, ... etc., is.

How can I change that?

Also, the calendar bar, you give instructions to change it. I'm not very experimented on this so if you can help me to have that calendar bar at the bottom of the screen I appreciate it.

The stadium issue I have been having is also there on the Base skin and the FM ones, so I'm wondering if alot of the stadium id's have been changed as only around half seem to work, despite download several different stadium packs. Everything else is working fine mate.

Guest dazseight
The stadium issue I have been having is also there on the Base skin and the FM ones, so I'm wondering if alot of the stadium id's have been changed as only around half seem to work, despite download several different stadium packs. Everything else is working fine mate.

Yes I have the same problem....I have contacted Minneapolis Jon.....he is looking into it.

Guest dazseight
what have i missed?

ive put skin into my documents/sports interactive/football manager12/skins

I have always reload skin on confirm ticked but dazs8 isn't there?

Your the second one to have this problem..... you are using the full game right.

First of all great skin and thanks for the hard work...

Just a quick question please mate..

On the 2D match screen with this skin is there any way i can remove the little players you have done and go back to the basic coloured circles?

Guest dazseight
Hi dazseight

So far, great skin.

I've been able to change the font but player's name font (when you are in his profile)

Also, in the main menu where load game, start game, ... etc., is.

How can I change that?

Also, the calendar bar, you give instructions to change it. I'm not very experimented on this so if you can help me to have that calendar bar at the bottom of the screen I appreciate it.

The main menu..... start game etc...the font is named MAIN MENU.

To change the players attribute it has to now be renamed TEXT..(ONLY IF YOU USE THE FILES IN THE LINK)

To change the players name text.....it is TITLEBAR.....but that would also change all the title text.....like Team name.....league name....your name etc.

I am messing around with the skin still....renaming the fonts a bit to make it easier.

Would you have a go with these files I AM USING AT THE MOMENT.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20912930/PLACE_THESE_IN_THE_SKIN_FOLDER_rar

Guest dazseight
Dazs8 - sorry to hijack for a moment; I'm finding your graphics site brilliant. Just want to ask where I should put the 3D kits for the match, and the 3D match balls.

Cheers!

If you go to my site I have now made a HOW to page ..... where I will hopefully be answering questions everyone has.

Would you do me a favour and leave any questions anyone has on there please......Sorry but I have questions coming from everywhere.

phnompenhandy

I will get onto that shortly mate.

Guest dazseight
If you go to my site I have now made a HOW to page ..... where I will hopefully be answering questions everyone has.

Would you do me a favour and leave any questions anyone has on there please......Sorry but I have questions coming from everywhere.

phnompenhandy

I will get onto that shortly mate.

Help page now up and running.....take a look let me know if its ok.

http://www.dazs8.com/#/how-to/4556626280

Guest dazseight
Now I can play the game without developing a headache! Great work Dazs8.

Thanks mate...I know what you mean.......the default skin hurt my eyes.

Two people had this problem yesterday.....one was using the demo....that was easy to sort.

But you problem was not....all I can say is visit my page here...........http://www.dazs8.com/#/how-to/4556626280

Just make soue everything is done properly first.

Installed mate, thanks.

Not fired up FM yet because now i'm downloading your backgrounds. Couldn't get my stadium backgrounds to work but your competition and club ones look terrific so I hope they work for me. Just checking again - do they go in FM2012 Graphics folder, or FM2012/skins/graphics folder??

Guest dazseight
Installed mate, thanks.

Not fired up FM yet because now i'm downloading your backgrounds. Couldn't get my stadium backgrounds to work but your competition and club ones look terrific so I hope they work for me. Just checking again - do they go in FM2012 Graphics folder, or FM2012/skins/graphics folder??

yes mate thats right

Guest dazseight
Installed mate, thanks.

A lot of people are having stadium problems....and I have scratched my head now for 2 days.

Can't understand it...example...Barcelona...the pic is in the folder...it has the right id....but still does not show:mad:

Guest dazseight
But which folder - skins/graphics or just Graphics?

Sorry mate......I had senior moment there.....I think my eyes are painted on some times.

skins/graphics it is.

The main menu..... start game etc...the font is named MAIN MENU.

To change the players attribute it has to now be renamed TEXT..(ONLY IF YOU USE THE FILES IN THE LINK)

To change the players name text.....it is TITLEBAR.....but that would also change all the title text.....like Team name.....league name....your name etc.

I am messing around with the skin still....renaming the fonts a bit to make it easier.

Would you have a go with these files I AM USING AT THE MOMENT.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20912930/PLACE_THESE_IN_THE_SKIN_FOLDER_rar

Thanks for your answer daz.

I don't know if you planned to have the search tool (top right side) only in the squad screen. On the others screens that tool disappear. I think it's an important tool to search anyone (staff, clubs, players) in the game and I don't want from you to make all the work to have that tool in your skin, I just want to ask you how can I do it.

Other thing: in the shortlist screen there are two texts superimposed; the grey bar with Quick Searches and the black bar with Show Custom Search.

Guest dazseight
Thanks for your answer daz.

I don't know if you planned to have the search tool (top right side) only in the squad screen. On the others screens that tool disappear. I think it's an important tool to search anyone (staff, clubs, players) in the game and I don't want from you to make all the work to have that tool in your skin, I just want to ask you how can I do it.

Other thing: in the shortlist screen there are two texts superimposed; the grey bar with Quick Searches and the black bar with Show Custom Search.

I spent hours working out how to sort it......if you want search bar just delete the titlebar panel in the panels folder

Then I noticed there is a search button.

This is the skin at the moment just working on a few things......take a look.

http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i462/Dazs_Sykes/dazs8%20fm12%20dark%20skin%20final/searchbutton2.jpg

Some brilliant work being done here. Having looked at everything available, my preference would be the daz skin with all the trimmings and the original fm text.

Is this possible at all? (as i said it's all down to individual preference and certainly not a slight on the OP excellent work)

I spent hours working out how to sort it......if you want search bar just delete the titlebar panel in the panels folder

Then I noticed there is a search button.

This is the skin at the moment just working on a few things......take a look.

http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i462/Dazs_Sykes/dazs8%20fm12%20dark%20skin%20final/searchbutton2.jpg

Well, it looks good so far.

But when I talked about search bar, I did not mean that search that you rounded off in red in your picture. I mean the one who is on the right, at top in the default skin. It is an small box where you type the name of a club, person, ...

Guest dazseight
Well, it looks good so far.

But when I talked about search bar, I did not mean that search that you rounded off in red in your picture. I mean the one who is on the right, at top in the default skin. It is an small box where you type the name of a club, person, ...

The skin looks great, but there are big problems in it.

First, search bar is missing (only shows in club page).

Second, some menus are only showing 10-50% of it, like the button to press to make your team talk from assistant managers advice, and the tactics and others from the same page too.

But then the biggest thing bugging:

If u change tactics or make subs via the tactics page (not quicklinks) when you are in a match, when u come back to the match, EVERY SINGLE of match day info is selected!

So u suddenly have those 12-15 of those infront of your pitch (match stats, formation, assistant advice, score etc).

That is just super annoying :(

Guest dazseight
background is not changing anymore.. Even if I take the FM12 original skin, the background of your skin remain..............I delete all caches files........i don't understand

This is very strange...........but I think I know what the problem is....

If I could upload pictures on here it would be easier to show you.

Have you got stadium backgrounds in the same folder as my backgrounds......if so move stadium backgrounds to the documents/sports interactive/football manager 2012/graphics.

Put my backgrounds in the skins graphics folder.....that should do the trick.....I hope.

I know what the problem is.

On the team view screens, on the player screens, on the tournament screens .... the names aren't showing up. Like when you're on Wayne Rooney's profile you get his position, all the other relevent details ... but not his name.

Any ideas daz?

Guest dazseight
I know what the problem is.

On the team view screens, on the player screens, on the tournament screens .... the names aren't showing up. Like when you're on Wayne Rooney's profile you get his position, all the other relevent details ... but not his name.

Any ideas daz?

Have you changed the titlebar font....if so tell me what to because I have found that some fonts just do not work.Even fonts installed on your pc.

It took me ages to find some that actually worked.

I did change the font, but that was in a previous version of the skin, and I've loaded your new one as is.

I can't post a screenshot for some reason, so I'll tell you briefly what the problem seems to be.

It now seems to be that the top half of the title-bar is gone. Because if you are looking at La Liga, for example, in the top middle of the screen is the name of the present holder ... the actual league name, which should be above that, is gone.

It's the same with the players (the top of the screen is his position), and nations etc.

Guest dazseight
I did change the font, but that was in a previous version of the skin, and I've loaded your new one as is.

I can't post a screenshot for some reason, so I'll tell you briefly what the problem seems to be.

It now seems to be that the top half of the title-bar is gone. Because if you are looking at La Liga, for example, in the top middle of the screen is the name of the present holder ... the actual league name, which should be above that, is gone.

It's the same with the players (the top of the screen is his position), and nations etc.

I can see all the names on mine mate....I will update the link on the first post.

Hey fella

Yeah you were right, it was the font, and some other stuff. Apparently when I loaded the new version of the skin it didn't over-write that stuff as it was supposed to.

Congratulations on a fantastic piece of work. If this really is your first effort at skinning you did a damned fine job.

I also downloaded all those backgrounds of yours, for the clubs and the countries. The best packs - by far - I've ever seen. Outstanding work in every way.

I also downloaded the logos megapack, which is another stunning, stunning piece of work.

A couple of minor issues ... the Scottish Cup background image is from a few years ago. You have it as the Homecoming Scottish Cup, but the Scottish Cup is now sponsored by William Hill.

These are also wrong in the logopack, but that is because I have been unable to download the updates, from the links. Are these working okay on your end, and if not, can you provide new ones?

Overall, your website is class. The game has never looked better than with your backgrounds etc.

Seriously, the best piece of work I've seen for this game yet.

Guest dazseight
Hey fella

Yeah you were right, it was the font, and some other stuff. Apparently when I loaded the new version of the skin it didn't over-write that stuff as it was supposed to.

Congratulations on a fantastic piece of work. If this really is your first effort at skinning you did a damned fine job.

I also downloaded all those backgrounds of yours, for the clubs and the countries. The best packs - by far - I've ever seen. Outstanding work in every way.

I also downloaded the logos megapack, which is another stunning, stunning piece of work.

A couple of minor issues ... the Scottish Cup background image is from a few years ago. You have it as the Homecoming Scottish Cup, but the Scottish Cup is now sponsored by William Hill.

These are also wrong in the logopack, but that is because I have been unable to download the updates, from the links. Are these working okay on your end, and if not, can you provide new ones?

Overall, your website is class. The game has never looked better than with your backgrounds etc.

Seriously, the best piece of work I've seen for this game yet.

Thanks mate......needed that ......I was getting a bit fed up.

There is a Competition Update coming soon.

BACKGROUNDS UPDATE NOW OUT..............

350 CLUB BACKGROUNDS

4 NEW COMPETITION BACKGROUNDS.......more of these to come.

5 UPDATED NATIONAL TEAM BACKGROUNDS

http://www.dazs8.com/#/backgrounds/4551985119

Guest dazseight
Dazseight, about your backgrounds, is-it the same background for every menu ? or is there one background by one menu changing every time we change to an other menu ?

If your on a team page the background can only be the same....you can get it to show a different background on VIEW CLUB Button.....and of course STADIUM on

match-day.

To get a different background to show on VIEW CLUB PAGE.....you have to create a folder in the skins graphics folder called TEAM VIEW.....I have stadiums showing on there at the moment.

Now the stadium makers have not as far as I know used this yet......I have a link to the folder you need if you want it....but I do not take credit for the Stadiums just the folder and config and re packaged the stadiums.The stadiums were made by MINNEAPOLIS JON.

It is split into 5 parts as there is a lot of Stadium pics

Great stuff on the new update.

I notice in it that you have a background for the NextGen series. I'm very pleased at that, obviously, as my own club, Celtic, is competing. I put it into the competition editor and I found that there is, indeed, a match for it ... under the Under 19's Champions Cup.

I think I'll have a go at activating it.

Well played on realising that was in there. Top stuff.

Guest dazseight
Daz, on the subject of stadiums have you heard anything about not being able to see a large chunk os the stadium backgrounds yet?

No mate not heard that one.

Can you send me a picture...better email it me.....because I don't know why but I struggle to upload pics on here.

dazs8backs@gmail.com

So dazseight, can you explain to me how to get the "desk manager" background instead of the default one (ball on a field with 5 lights)? As I explain before, I rename the "desk manager" background to default and copy instead of the default....and what a surprise to me, that the background is always the same...I see the desk during 1 second and after the "ball" background arrived...it makes me crazy (even if I select FM12 original skin), the "ball" background is here !!! (cache if not selected)

(tonite, I completely delete your skin to see if it happens again, and after re-install your new version).

Guest dazseight
So dazseight, can you explain to me how to get the "desk manager" background instead of the default one (ball on a field with 5 lights)? As I explain before, I rename the "desk manager" background to default and copy instead of the default....and what a surprise to me, that the background is always the same...I see the desk during 1 second and after the "ball" background arrived...it makes me crazy (even if I select FM12 original skin), the "ball" background is here !!! (cache if not selected)

(tonite, I completely delete your skin to see if it happens again, and after re-install your new version).

Right then mate.....here we go.........

The desk manager background should be named the same as your manager id...Example;1394704278 ans should be in a folder call MANAGER VIEW with the config file.

which goes in DOCUMENTS/SPORTS INTERACTIVE/FOOTBALL MANAGER 2012/SKINS/DAZS8 OR FM12 DARK-SKIN DEPENDING ON WHICH VERSION YOU HAVE/GRAPHICS/BACKGROUNDS.

If you want it as your default screen picture which will show every time there is no picture associated with the screen you are on do this...re name it default and place here.

DOCUMENTS/SPORTS INTERACTIVE/FOOTBALL MANAGER 2012/SKINS/DAZS8 OR FM12 DARK-SKIN DEPENDING ON WHICH VERSION YOU HAVE/GRAPHICS/BACKGROUNDS/.

If the picture is showing up with other skins that tells me you have your background in the wrong folder

My backgrounds go here....

DOCUMENTS/SPORTS INTERACTIVE/FOOTBALL MANAGER 2012/SKINS/DAZS8 OR FM12 DARK-SKIN DEPENDING ON WHICH VERSION YOU HAVE/GRAPHICS/BACKGROUNDS

but stadium backgrounds go here.....

DOCUMENTS/SPORTS INTERACTIVE/FOOTBALL MANAGER 2012/GRAPHICS.

Hope this helps mate.

Guest dazseight
daz you are doing some job mate. Keep it up.

Not just a fantastic skin, but all the accompanying stuff is first rate.

Cheers pal.....still working on the skin......hopefully got player profile sorted(logo behind player)

Working on title-bar now.....I want more background logos showing

Try these panels out for me.......

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20920655/PANELS_trial_rar

I just downloaded your "Back of the Net" club backgrounds, for the Team View, as you suggested, and they work a treat. Marvellous, marvellous stuff.

My question is this. The base pack is pretty impressive. I am downloading the updates, but they all seem to be the same size.

Are they the same file? Is the base pack the fully updated version or is there more?

One other question .... when I click on the national team page, I get a default background. How do I do what I've just done with the clubs for the countries? I already have your national team background pack appearing when I view the squads ....

Archived