[FM11] From Nowhere to Somewhere via Everywhere

Lower Leagues Rule

Well I have decided that it is time to make a journey instead of my normal one club save. So here I am with no real plan, but my new PC should be able to handle a true Worldwide save as I slowly make a trip around everywhere.

Nations Loaded: 31

Playable Leagues: All

Players: 124,000

Leagues Loaded

Initial Profile: I wonder how many people will remember my superstar striker of FM09, the Fafeful should remember my manager.

Starting Unemployed with a Sunday League Rep, I will be looking to find work as soon as possible, meaning I will apply for any jobs that are out there. 70 Job Applications sent, I will update later on where I have gone.

Managing History

|---------|------------------|-----------------|----------|-----|
| Season  | Club             | Division        | Nation   | Pos |
| 2010/11 | U.D. Serra       | 2nd Div Central | Portugal | 3rd |
| 2012/13 | Padroense FC     | 2nd Div North   | Portugal | ??? |

League Results History

leaguehistory.png

It looks likely I will be off to Portugal to begin with as the first three teams to send me a job offer are U.Serra, Canical & Andorinha all of Portugal. All 3 are over wage budget and predicted to end up in the bottom half of their respective leagues. I am looking forward to Portugal, but the choice of job will come in the morning.

Des! What a delightful Saturday morning surprise to see you set up camp in the careers forum. And of course I remember Aleksander Radakovic - the name came to me as the screenshot was loading :).

Really looking forward to this, especially knowing the level of detail you go into with your saves. Awesome. Good luck :thup:

União Desportiva da Serra

União_Desportiva_da_Serra.pnguniaoserra1.png

A First Stop

Second Division Central 2010/11

The Club

U.D. Serra was formed in 1976 and is a Semi Professional club with only 200 seats in the 2000 capacity Estadio da Portela there is room for improvement, the other facilities are no better. We are fierce rivals with Fatima who are in the division above us, so that would give us a target. And there is no history whatsoever.

The Basics of Management

Wage Budget: €1,431

Wage Total: €1,638

High Earner: Miguel Neves €500 (On Loan we pay 100%)

Transfer Budget: €0

Predicted: 13th (of 16)

Expectations: Avoid Relegation

Best Player [Ass Man]: Nelson Sousa (DRL)

Best Player [Mine]: Bruno Matias (AMC)

So I have been given a one season contract to keep the club up, they are over wage budget and have no strikers to speak of. Their best player is a very defensive minded Right Back who cannot cross meaning he doesn't really fit my bill, the highest paid player is getting 1/3rd of my budget and is from my rivals, he will definitely be going. As we are predicted 13th I think we can avoid relegation, but I am going to have to build the club up, first thing is to grab myself a goalscorer and a defense, then we will fill the middle however that turns out.

First moves: Release anyone not top 2 at their position, terminate the ridiculous loan contract with Neves and work forward from there trying to sign a goalkeeper and a goalscorer to start with. Looks like I may try a 4-5-1 to get the best out of this team.

Where did you find the kit for your team? Good start btw :)

I think I originally got it for FM09, so that would make it part of the SS'09 thread on Sort it out SI.

I have slowly built a collection of European kits, and if one club doesn't update in a season then I just move their old kit over. I think I have all the major leagues to one league below playable.

EDIT: Going to have to do a serious clean out before FM12, think I have some double ups and mismatches, but I'll spend sometime on that when I get there.

A First Stop

Week One

Don't expect updates this often, this is more because a lot of action happens in my first week at a club so I like to post about that as a special once off.

The Staff

Started out by agreeing to a mutual termination with the current assistant manager and replacing him with someone I thought was much better for the job. Former Youth Coach, Claudio Abreu, the uncapped Angolian finished his playing career with Operario Azores in 2009 after 265 League Games and 18 goals. His first appointment is as my Assistant, and I believe he will fulfill the role I have for him.

Next up I needed a Physio, two scouts, a fitness guru and a goalkeeping coach, they all signed over the next few days, none of them are amazing, but they are all unknowns and were looking for work, mainly be using the scouts to get some info and then I will judge the players myself, or Claudio will. The coaches will do the job for now...barely, and hopefully there are not too many injuries.

Scouts: Anthony Albuquerque & Jose Loureiro

Physio: Mario Cesar

Coaches: Ruy Oliveira (Fit) & Pedro Vasa (GK)

The Players

The first change was the termination of Neves loan, he was taking up more than 1/3rd of our budget, and there were already better players in the squad.

Next up I hunted out a striker, not caring whether he was a dinosaur or a young buck, I found the 34 year old Gomes, he looks like he can do the job and only costs 60 euros a week. I will need a back-up, but its a start.

The next addition was a goalkeeper, I sent Claudio out to find me anything he could, his first report on my table was for Paulo Silva, now he may be even older than Gomes, but he is supposed to be good enough for the league above (I think "was" good enough is more likely). Should be good between the sticks, I just hope he doesn't have to sprint, because that is something he can't do. Also on 60 euros a week.

Next I decided to try and shore up the defense, I was looking at centre backs mainly, but the first player to actually agree to a contract was Nuno Carvalheiro, the 28 year old left back should make our side a bit stronger. His signing was followed immediately by our back-up keeper, Miguel, he may not be the best looking keeper in the league, but he should be solid enough if Silva goes down.

The additions in the central defense came late in the week as we managed to add two more old timers in the 38 year old, Joaozinho and the 35 year old Rui Gama, both players are likely to start and this should make my defense a lot more solid and we can look towards building an attacking line-up.

The Results

We had two friendlies in my first week in charge, the players were super unfit and tired though, some with conditions below 60% at the start of the match, so everyone was only playing half games.

vs Real SC 2:1

Aurelio (23), Martins (56)

Matias showed that my faith in him as our best player was not unfounded as he managed an assist and Man of the Match with a cracking 7.8 rating. A couple of good goals and we looked the business.

vs Fiaes 2:0

P.Santos (38), Teixeira (66)

We did dominate the game, but really it was an average effort, given that there have only been a few changes from my starting side it was bound to happen, aiming to get some fitness in the players and see where we go now.

The Basics of Management

Wage Budget: €1,228

Wage Total: €987

High Earner: Nelson Sousa (DRL) €85/wk

Best Player [Ass Man]: Paulo Silva (GK)

Best Player [Mine]: Paulo Silva (GK)

Well the wages look much better, and with a few more signings we can probably cut a little more deadwood, but good to see that I can now sign most players for 30-60 euros a week which is much better. Some good value in the old boys I have signed as well. Should be helpful in building a successful lower league club. Now onwards, my biggest worry right now is fitness because these guys are seriously out of shape, and the next targets in order are a defensive midfielder, a couple of wingers, a back-up striker, some more attacking mids, and then the subs bench. Another big week to come.

A First Stop

Preseason One (Sept 1st)

The Players

When I left my last update we had spent a week attempting to build a defense, and now that we had completed that we were moving forwards and looking to solidify our attack. So that's what I went out and did, our next two signings were both for the front line as we signed Bessa as another striker and then brought in Gabriel to be our Advanced Playmaker. Together they look to be lethal.

So still looking a little short on the wings now, the team was really coming together. The 27th & 28th days of July were very busy days as we managed to sign an amazing Quartet of players, including Ze To (ML), Dudu (MR), Chico (DM) & Paulo Vieira (AM), the first four of these were looking to cement starting positions, while Vieira was signed as a bit of go forward cover.

The final day of July saw the final piece for our team, we brought in Jose Carlos Lima as the attacking midfielder, it was a bit of a surprise to find someone better than my previous best player, but that means we have excellent coverage on the bench as well.

August was all about filling out the coverage in the squad, Queiros (AMRC) & Boto (AM ST) came in on trial and were signed as good cover for the squad which was rounded out with the additions of Jorginho (DR) & Friday (AMRL), Friday is a Nigerian (DUH!) who is actually just a hot prospect for the future, but I couldn't leave him out and can afford the 25 euros he costs each week.

The Results

We played 6 more games through the remainder of the pre-season, there were others scheduled, but I needed to keep fitness levels, and once the Taca da Portugal was scheduled I needed a break at the end of the run. With 5 wins and 1 draw I was pretty happy, the result that made me happiest though came at the end of the run as we faced Angrense, in the first half we struggled for possession, but we were still dominating the play where it mattered. In the end the possession was dead even, but I was delighted with what my team did with the ball. There was a good first half goal from Ze To, he then added a second after the break, but the best goal was from Bessa, who after a good run lobs the keeper to put us up 3:0, a late goal from Testas gave us the 4:0 victory.

[video=youtube;jbBww21bRAo]

Results

The Basics of Management

Wage Budget: €1,216

Wage Total: €1,211

Best Player [Ass Man]: Paulo Silva (GK)

Best Player [Mine]: Jose Carlos Lima (AMRC)

So there you have the end of my preseason, and it has resulted in us being €5 under wage budget having brought in 17 players, and having got rid of (Released/Sold) 25, it has meant a lot of questioning which players would be starting, but the results speak for themselves and overall I am happy with the look of my final XI. The cover for the team looks good as well, and the final decision is a form of 4-5-1 with the full starting line-up as below:

GK: Paulo Silva

DR: Jorginho

DC: Marco Aurelio ©

DC: Rui Gama

DL: Nuno Carvelheiro

DM: Chico (vc)

MR: Dudu

ML: Ze To

AM: Jose Carlos Lima

AM: Gabriel

ST: Bessa

Jose Carlos Lima gets my award as Best Player to this point as he made 4 appearances for 4 goals and 2 assists, and twice was awarded Man of the Match since he joined the club, long may those efforts continue.

União_Desportiva_da_Serra.png

A First Stop

November 2010

The Players

The Stars of our team are shown below, as expected Jose Carlos Lima, Bessa & Gabriel are near the top, but the surprise is Rui Pimenta who was actually a bench play and has only made the team due to the injury to Dudu.

playersef.png

The Results

4 Wins and 4 losses split by a couple of draws means we are mid table, its a fight, but we are good enough to be hear as evidenced by the 4:2 result over Espinho. I am hoping to go top 8 by the end of the season.

tablebt.png

Another thing to note is the Managers in the A-League

keane.png

He Joins Sam Allardyce who is managing Sydney FC.

The Basics of Management

Wage Total: €1,211

Best Player [Ass Man]: Gabriel (AMLC)

Best Player [Mine]: Bessa (ST)

Thanks Deltablue, yeah those signings into A-League management just baffle me a little bit. Going to be fun to watch and see what happens down there though. If they start winning titles then could be fun. I pushed on from here for 5 straight wins, before I dropped the 6th game, but we are looking good for a top half finish, and the board is now stressing about losing me at the end of the season. And I am tempted to see if a slightly better reputation will see me able to get a job elsewhere, even though I would like to stay with these players for a bit.

União_Desportiva_da_Serra.png

A First Stop

February 2011

The Players

Well Gabriel has slipped out of our top players after the last ten games, and there is a surprise entry from our only January signing, Schuster, he has looked pretty good in his 4 appearances from the bench, but he will have a battle on his hands to get into the team ahead of Pimenta. The biggest problem we have is occasional fitness issues, but this comes with the territory when there is only one player under 30 in your first XI.

playersu.png

The Results

fixturesv.png

The ten games over winter saw a huge series of surprises as we went from being a mid table maybe to a true contender. 8 wins, 1 draw and 1 loss means we now have a real shot at the top 3 before the end of the season, we are also 19pts clear of relegation which is just excellent. The old timers must be doing something right.

tablehf.png

The Basics of Management

Wage Total: €1,227

Best Player [Ass Man]: Jose Carlos Lima (AMRC)

Best Player [Mine]: Bessa (ST)

Lima & Bessa are really the stars of this line-up and I am glad to see the Ass Man agrees with me, the fans also love out captain Aurelio (DC), who has been performing quite well at the back. Bessa leads the league Golden Boot race with 15 goals, and Lima leads the Assists challenge with 11 assists already. We are really showing some skill on the field, long may it continue.

A First Stop

End of Season Update

At a Glance

Predicted: 13th

Actual: 3rd (Graph)

Cups: 2nd Round vs Estoril 2:4

Best Result: at Espinho 3:1

Worst Result: at Anadia 4:7

Win %age: 56%

Transfers: 19 In (€0) 31 Out (€0)

Squad: First Team

The League

Well it was a pretty ordinary start as we went 4-2-4 through our first 10 games, this left us 9th, but did include a great result as we defeated Espinho 4:2. It took us into November and the surprise performer was Rui Pimenta the right wing who was completely outperforming all the other wings even though he was ranked 3rd in our squad. The Winter transfer window saw just one signing, another Right Wing, Schuster, he came in and was immediately making an impact off the bench, but with Pimenta playing the way he was it never looked like he would get his chance. Through the middle ten games our squad went 8-1-1 with some good solid results pushing us up the table into 5th at the 20 game mark. After that we saw a disastrous 4:7 defeat to relegation bound Anadia, but following the long-term injury to Pimenta we seemed to rejuvenate and Lima & Bessa started to combine for some stunning goals. We went 5-1-4 through the final ten games, but we ended up climbing up to 3rd in the league as the teams around us were also regularly dropping points. A huge result for the squad, and if I stay is something I can really build on. Though Gondomar better get promoted because they are out of reach of the rest of us.

Fixtures 1-15

Fixtures 16-30

Player Stats

Team Stats

The Cup

It was a simple affair as we made it through the first round quote easily, but then came up against a much better team in Estoril, we managed to take the game to extra time, but then they just romped us winning 4:2 in extra time with ease.

Fixtures

The Players

The Squad's Stats

The Key Players

9. Jose Carlos Lima (AMRC) - A complete superstar for my squad, I had him pinned as that guy from the beginning and he lived up to all my expectations as he scored 8 goals, and contributed with 20 assists. Completely brilliant.

1. Bessa (ST) - Well he came into the squad late in the Pre-Season, but he was what I expected, took over the starting job and ran with it, amazing in some of his goals. Spectacular at times, some of his misses more spectacular than his goals. He ended the season scoring 23 goals in 31 appearances and the League Golden Boot with 22 League Goals.

61. Nuno Carvelheiro (DL) - The left back managed to score 7 goals, and give 5 assists to others, but his defensive performance was just as good and hence he makes this list.

47. Schuster (MR) - He came in January and was on the bench, but a season ending injury to Pimenta saw him make the First XI and he never looked back as he went on to Score 3 and gain 5 assists in just 14 games at the end of the season.

17. Rui Pimenta (MRL) - The star from early in the season, a surprise really as he wasn't expected to start for the club, but he knocked Dudu out of the spot and ended up Scoring 4 and getting 5 assists before his season was ended by injury.

My Managerial Career

|---------|----------|-----|-----|--------------|
| Season  | Club     | Div | Pos | Achievements |
| 2010/11 | UD Serra | 2DC | [url="http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/1156/portugueseseconddivisio.png"]3rd[/url] |     None     |

Other Points to Note

We saw the goal of the month for March handed to Lima for this excellent effort:

[video=youtube;hGCQKN6rM7g]

My Future

I think I am going to let my contract run out and leave the club, I am looking forward to a new challenge, possibly in another nation as well, I will see what is available when my contract runs out.

Well this is getting a bit worrying, I have posted over 150 applications and am still yet to receive a job offer 3 weeks after my last job expired. This is really not good. Hoping something comes along soon.

Edit: This actually looks like it could be serious trouble now as I have now been without work for 6 months, and applied for everything and been unsuccessful.

Yeah I am seriously worried about that now Rancer, I was offered a new contract, but rejected it assuming I would be able to find something after a good performance. Surely my rep should've gone up a little and I had no trouble getting a job at the start it should be just as easy after a year...Well I would've thought. Thinking about hitting holiday, apply for all jobs, return when job offer...

Yeah I am seriously worried about that now Rancer, I was offered a new contract, but rejected it assuming I would be able to find something after a good performance. Surely my rep should've gone up a little and I had no trouble getting a job at the start it should be just as easy after a year...Well I would've thought. Thinking about hitting holiday, apply for all jobs, return when job offer...

Des, that's all you can do now...it's really easy to get jobs once you've proven yourself and won trophies at the top leagues but if you're struggling or don't have enough rep in your football world it's really hard to go to a good club.

Des, that's all you can do now...it's really easy to get jobs once you've proven yourself and won trophies at the top leagues but if you're struggling or don't have enough rep in your football world it's really hard to go to a good club.

Well guess you learn something everyday, first time I have really done a journeyman type game. I'll find a job eventually could just be a bit further down the track...

A First Stop

Final Clean-up

The Awards

U.Serra Fans Player of the Year: Jose Carlos Lima

My Player of the Year: Jose Carlos Lima

U.Serra Best XI 2011/12

Liga Orangina Team of Year: Jose Carlos Lima

Liga Orangina Most Assists: Jose Carlos Lima (20)

Liga Orangina Golden Boot: Bessa (22)

Liga Orangina Fastest Goal: Jose Carlos Lima (32s)

Stepping Down

And then I decided to step down and find my self a new job, turns out that was a terrible idea, I will probably stay at my new club a while longer.

I also had the same problem. In my journeyman save I spent 4 years in New Zealand and then couldn't get a job for over a year until a second tier Russian side took a punt on me. Hopefully you will find a job soon :)

Padroense Futebol Clube

logoshirt.png

Finally a New Job

Second Division North 2012/13

The Club

I finally got myself a job, after a whole year on holiday waiting for someone to offer me a job, and it looks to be a downgrade from UD Serra, hopefully I can turn them around.

Padroense FC was founded in 1922 and is a Semi-Pro club playing in the Second Division North, with average facilities they have have never won a competition. With a 3500 seater stadium at "Estadio do Padroense" which was built with the founding of the club. The squad seems to have a bit of strength through the middle, but is very weak upfront for what I need/want for my team.

The Basics of Management

Wage Budget: €1,459

Wage Total: €1,295

High Earner: Laranjeira (€250)

Predicted: 16th (of 16)

Expectations: Fight Bravely

Best Player [Ass Man]: Laranjeira (DM)

Best Player [Mine]: Andre Simoes (AMC)

Well having a glance over the team I think Laranjeira will be a strength in the team no matter who I sign, and Simoes should be good at providing the goals for whoever I get in as my striker. I desperately need to build up the defense and the strike force as they are very, very thin and in desperate need of an overhaul. So first stop is finding a star keeper, and a star striker, then working back from there.

Padroense Futebol Clube

logoshirt.png

Finally a New Job

Second Division North 2012/13

Preseason Update

The Signings

WellI needed to make some serious signings because there really weren't any players on the books that I thought were of a capable standard to make the team avoid relegation as I hoped. So we started out as I normally do looking for some top defenders, a goalie and a solid striker. After that I would chase the rest, I found a few familiar faces out and about who joined the club as well, Jose Carlos Lima, Miguel Boto & Schuster from U.Serra, and anyone who was following back in the Fafe days will remember the retirement of the number 62 jersey after the retirement of Kipulo who now joins Padroense.

The other top signings were Raul Pina for the Goal, Andre Lorenco at Right Back, Vila for Central Defense, Vitor Lobo at Left Back, & Julio Coronel upfront.

The Basics of Management

Wage Budget: €1,282

Wage Total: €1,391

High Earner: Filipe Barros (€130)

Predicted: 16th (of 16)

Expectations: Fight Bravely

Best Player [Ass Man]: Miguel Boto (AMC/ST)

Best Player [Mine]: Julio Coronel (ST)

The team looks pretty good, we took a loss to Pisa in friendlies, and then started the season with a 6-0 victory in our first competitive game as we smashed non-league opposition in the Taca de Portugal.

Archived