[FM11] Hungry for Money (Wide Pictures)

magicmastermind124

Hungry for Money

I decided to start a new game of FM while I take a break from my work in the Editor, with a focus on earning a lot of money as a Manager - this means I will follow a set of my own rules, which includes leaving my current job for another should an offer come in for more than I am earning, regardless of the situation. (However I'm not likely to be successful knowing my previous luck in FM!)

Click on the pictures for the original screen!

Game Setup

D15C69E9A7B4544A003C3419819DD26BDE15B568

The game also includes all players based in the UK & Ireland.

I then decided that as I have no managerial experience that I would apply for teams in Step 4. (I am using Uncle Ron's England Levels 7 & 8 with this game.) After choosing to start unemployed, I applied for all the Step 4 clubs with no Manager, and in the end I chose Hungerford Town.

57ABDC88ACB375D92EF75F0204E6755FDC03ED3E

The rest of this thread will be my Career that starts with the position at Hungerford Town. Short updates will be given to this post including a history of each season.

Gilkes is a great player at this level and has the attributes to play a bit higher. Expensive contract at £300 per week...ouch!

Shame his influence is so low, it's always best to marry you best player with captain role IMO.

Good luck with Hungerford :thup:

Hungerford... That's where Charlie Austin used to play for a bit, right? Good luck!

Indeed he did, that's why I put him as a club 'icon' for the research. He moved from Hungerford to Poole Town before joining Swindon Town in October 2009.

Indeed he did, that's why I put him as a club 'icon' for the research. He moved from Hungerford to Poole Town before joining Swindon Town in October 2009.

Ah, thanks uncle ron. I'm guessing that's straight after he was released by Reading... why did we let him go?!

Ah, thanks uncle ron. I'm guessing that's straight after he was released by Reading... why did we let him go?!

He left reading as a kid, played at Thatcham Town and Kintbury Rangers before moving to Hungerford.

Not sure why you let him go? Your loss our gain, same as Simon Cox.

Gilkes is a great player at this level and has the attributes to play a bit higher. Expensive contract at £300 per week...ouch!

Shame his influence is so low, it's always best to marry you best player with captain role IMO.

Good luck with Hungerford :thup:

Also...are you playing the version with County FA Cups enabled?

This includes the County Cups, and yeah, at £300 p/w it's basically two thirds of the wage budget, which is already over. Could get a new squad with that, so I'm looking for other players as the number 1 priority (also a second scout).

Could be why I have Swindon Town as a parent club?

Yea I put Hungerford as an affiliated club as we normally (although not at the start of this season) play a pre-season friendly against them. Also our chairman Andrew Fitton used to be the chairman at Hungerford and still has links with the club so if Hungerford wanted to take a player on loan we'd normally be happy to help.

Good luck with your save mate. It's an interesting idea and one i've thought about doing for a while, but I always seem to get too attached to 1 club! Hopefully this thread can convince me to start my own :thup:

When a club comes in for your services will you look to negotiate your wage to a higher one than you are currently getting (assuming the club coming in for you offers a lower wage) or will you just take their first offer as their one and only?

Good luck with your save mate. It's an interesting idea and one i've thought about doing for a while, but I always seem to get too attached to 1 club! Hopefully this thread can convince me to start my own :thup:

When a club comes in for your services will you look to negotiate your wage to a higher one than you are currently getting (assuming the club coming in for you offers a lower wage) or will you just take their first offer as their one and only?

First offer only :) Make myself a little bit blinded by money.

July 2010

There are a total of 7 friendlies this month, with an eighth in August before the season starts. Here are the teams in order:

10.7.2010 - Whitstable (Home) - They are predicted to finish 17th in the ID1S, as Hungerford are predicted to finish 19th this will be a great test for the players.

12.7.2010 - Whitehawk (Away) - They are predicted to finish 21st in the ID1S.

18.7.2010 - Aberaman (Home) - They actually seem to have some decent defenders - however they seem to lack quality in every other department so as long as we can break their defences down we should win. But without any decent strikers I'm not so sure...

25.7.2010 - Bryntirion (Home) - Bryntirion have a couple of decent players, one being a Goalkeeper on loan from Neath called Wyn Walters. It'll be interesting to see if we can beat them.

27.7.2010 - Corinthian-Casuals (Home) - The third team from the ID1S, predicted by the media to finish in 16th place. If we win this one with the current team it would be down to luck - a win with some new players should show our potential.

28.7.2010 - Painting the town red (better make this one Away)

29.7.2010 - Taffs Well (Home) - This will probably be a game for the backup players to gain some fitness.

31.7.2010 - Dulwich Hamlet (Home) - This will be the toughest match of the month - the last team of the ID1S to face in a friendly, they have a young defender from Fulham called Sulaiman Bangura - who upon discovering I immediately sent my Assistant out to scout. He might prove to be the perfect test for my utmost priority - new strikers.

The first match was a cracker that ended 3-3 and proves that while we have the skills to score, we also have a lot of problems mainly with the team blend, but also with the quality of players.

[video=youtube;ybXMfAiImpQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybXMfAiImpQ

The result was a fair one as neither team dominated from what I saw and according to the statistics. The next game was an outstanding performance from Whitehawk who hammered us 4-0. I guess it's lucky the game was only a friendly and my players were very tired after playing a couple of days ago. We have to improve from here.

What followed was a 4-2 defeat - Aberaman completely outclassed us, but we definitely managed to improve towards the end of the game and came away with two goals.

I snapped up a second scout and immediately set out scouting any promising players for this level. After a couple of signings I went into the Bryntirion game with a little more hope for the team.

After going down 1-0 in the fourth minute due to a mistake by the keeper I decided to sub him, and things started to improve. The equaliser came in the 16th minute and the team's passing was keeping us in control. The second goal came in the 38th minute, then Adam Wallace score his second four minutes later. Out of the blue Bryntirion get their second shot of the game and their second goal, taking the game to 3-2 at HT.

We kept piling on the pressure on Bryntirion , whose third and fourth shots of the game were thankfully off target. We couldn't seem to get another shot on target and in the 84th minute Bryntirion equalised. However just as in the first half that was all we needed to get back into the game - a reason to fight. A goal 1 minute later from Ben Brown should have been the winner, until Bryntirion managed yet another goal. And in the third minute of injury time, they scored yet another magnificent goal. We've got some work to do. FT: 4-5.

I put my strongest team out to start the match against Corinthian-Casuals. Thanks to an own goal we went into the lead in the 9th minute. We had more of the ball but they were tacking superbly, winning the ball to score the equaliser in the 33rd minute. We carried on trying to land a shot on target and when we finally did it in the 68th minute with Ben Brown, it went in the back of the net.

Brown went on to score his second goal four minutes later. We decided to take a step back but when Corinthian-Casuals scored in the 77th minute we thought they would go and find another in due course. Luckily they did not, and a 92nd minute penalty seald a 4-2 victory for Hungerford Town!

The game at Taffs Well was a perfect opportunity to get my backup players and mostly youngsters some game time, therefore I deemed any result unimportant. However I did include some of the first team players I intend to use who I recently signed on contract or on trial, in preparation for the game against Dulwich Hamlet.

We lost the game 5-1, which was expected as most players had half a star ability according to the assistant.

I treated the game against Dulwich Hamlet as I would have done with a competitive match, and had they done the same, the great news is a clean sheet for Hungerford Town. We dominated the game where we had over 20 shots, half of them long shots, and most off target so think I need to try and curb this somewhat in the future and hopefully score more goals.

[video=youtube;cUje8vo6vyQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUje8vo6vyQ

45764B20209BF4AF320BA6018BD139FA59C06A32

Progress so far...

[b]Season  |      Club     | Div  | Pos  |  FA Cup  | FA Trophy  | RI Lg Cup | Berks & Bucks | Ave Attendance |  Wage     | [/b]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/2011 |Hungerford Town| Z1SW |      |          |            |           |               |                |  £190 p/w

Archived