I need advice about my Lone Striker - Poacher or Complete Forward

I finished my first season with United and it wasnt a good one.I am struggling to score the goals as my ST.

I am playing 4-2-3-1 with AML AMC AMR and two MC`s.

My Amc is Advanced Playmaker and my ST is a poacher.

My team is playing good football and I am scoring a lot of goals but when I put Berbatov as a Poacher he does ok but not good enough he Finished the season wtih 50 matches (6as sub) 22 goals

Rooney finished wtih 46 matches (5as sub) and 19 Goals.

My idea was to play Rooney as AMC but during midseason I switched Berba to AMC rooney to ST.

At 31 january I bought Neymar and he finished the season 15(5) 2 goals. He also played AMC/ST role but did a lot of starts as Poacher.

Hernadez who was perfect for the poacher role had 22 sub ins and only 1 goal.:)

I am wondering to switch Poacher status to Complete Forward with Attacking role but I am not sure if he can play it in my strategy with Advanced PlayerMaker Attack and 2 inside forwards as wingers

What do you suggest

If you take a look at the final 10 posts or so in this thread http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/238682-Explanation-of-the-Impact-of-Player-Attributes-During-Match-Play-*Updated-for-FM11* you'll see how I set my 4-2-3-1 up and you'll see the difference in goals scored. Rather than copy and paste it, it's easier to just link the thread for you.

assuming you're playing fm 2011, i would have hernandez as the poacher, rooney aml, berbatov amc and that portuguese fella at amr. irl 22 goals for berbatov would be excellent for him!! but in fm 2011 he can be abit of a goal machine

Haha yeah but the game plays different

AML was Nani and he had a storming season he finished with 58 matches and 28 goals and he was 38 matches 18 goals in premier league . He is not even my penalty taker or free kick taker .

On ther other hand Valencia with the same role and etc finished 41 matches 8 goals. He had 2 or 3 injuries that hit him hard and his preffered move to blast the ball is a very bad thing for a winger .

I sold Hernandez in the summer I couldnt find space for him once I got Neymar . Neymar bit was a long shot I offered 5 million cash and 17 millions to pay in the next 48 months because as you know Man Utd financial situation is a nightmare in the game and Santos accepted and all my scouts say he is better then Hernandez.

Cleon.

Hey I use pretty much the same tactic I have few questions I need to ask you

Both my AML and AMR are Inside forwards but Nani is way better then my AMR in term of goals/assists

I was thinking to put Winger on my AMR but I am not sure if I should do it. I play as AMR Douglas Costa right now a Shaktor forward I bouth and ofcours he fights with Valencia for the position

Douglas attributes : Technique 16 Long Shots 17 Finisng 12 Driblling 16 Crossing 11 Positioni 9 Acceleration 16 Pace 16 Agility 14 Flair 17

The rest are not good

Valencia Crossing 16 Dribling 14 Tehnique 13 First Touch 14 Acceleration 18 Pace 18 Flair 16 Work Rate 17.

Hmm Valencia was not good in AMR role as Inside Forward he managed 42 matches 9 goals 9 assits and in Premier League he was 28 matches 8 goals 3 assists.

So what do you think how should I play my AMR role because its really underachiving compared to nani

Hmm also the other difference is that my MCL is Advanced Playmaker set to attack and my MCR is Deep Lying playmaker set to defend cuz this will mean I am copying a tactic and I dont want to do that :).

Hmm another question sorry for spamming.

I wonder if you have tried to to use maybe Rooney as the Inside Forward AMC and put Berbatov as Complete Forward instead of poacher?What will happen ?Cuz if there is a poacher i just feel it needs to be rooney and Berba will be the AMC but if I want Berba as the leading man I dont know what to do :)

Hmm another question sorry for spamming.

I wonder if you have tried to to use maybe Rooney as the Inside Forward AMC and put Berbatov as Complete Forward instead of poacher?What will happen ?Cuz if there is a poacher i just feel it needs to be rooney and Berba will be the AMC but if I want Berba as the leading man I dont know what to do :)

Personally, Berbatov and Rooney should both be complete forwards. This will encourage them to involve themselves in attacks more, and it will make full use of their technical and physical skills.

If you are going to use Berbatov up front with Rooney behind him, may I suggest using Valencia as a winger rather than an inside forward? This will have several advantages: it will have your best winger playing to his strengths, it will stretch the play, it will create space for Nani to exploit on the other side, and it will add another type of chance for your strikers to score from.

Neymar is also a very capable AML, so if Nani gets injured, I'd suggest playing him there. He's Chelsea's best player (possibly top scorer?) from that position in my current save. Having him and Douglas Costa on the bench will give you a lot of options! :)

I hear you brother I am uising now Rooney as a Poacher and he does great and Berbatov is the AMC he misses a lot but still scores decent ammouth.

Neymar is developing nicely and manage dto score 7 goals from 20 matches which is great compared to his last season.

My main problem is the AMR position because right now Douglas Costa is playing great as inside forward because the guy is lucky i guess. He has like 6 or 7 goal sfrom absolute screamers and right now Valencia is watching from the sidelines.

I will try to put him as amr soon to see what will hapepn.

P.S What Prefferd moves you would suggest my AMC and ST to adopt so they improve their 1 on 1 ?

I think you need to consider what each role does different to another, and who the player you are playing in that role is. Your strikers role is going to depend on who you want to do what in your formation, who is going to create, who is going to score in the majority of your play. Im also not suprised Nani has so many more goals than Valencia given the type of player he is, after all Valencia is one of the most out & out wingers in the modern game, all he ever does is get half a yard and cross. Nani however runs at players, takes defenders on, cuts inside etc etc. I have had much more success recently with an advanced forward moving into channels combined with inside forwards/advanced playmaker as opposed to a false nine role with the inside forwards/playmaker.

betts1411 has got it in my view - it is not a case of saying 'this is my formation' so Rooney or Berbatov will be a poacher. That is not suited to their attributes, way of playing etc. For example, Owen is more suited as a poacher but Berbatov likes to drop deep, create and link play as does Rooney.

You have to look at the player himself and decide what role is best suited to them in that formation rather than looking at the role and making a player do things they are not suited to....

Archived