[FM11] Woking FC - Efforts of a non-league virgin (career save)

jaycar

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you, yeah, hard work well and truely done :)

I have big hopes for julio, like you say his physical stats are pants and will only get worse, but he'll do until I can sign Van Der Vaart from spurs ;)

Woking.png

April Update:

Well, this is it, the final straight...can we do it?

Woking 3 – Welling 0 (Blue Square South)

Welling gave us a good game but the finishing that has served us well all season saw us win comfortably.

Scorers: Kelly, Ademola, Cooke

CHAMPIONS!!!!!

This win makes us Champions, with plenty of games to go! Lets finish the season in style :cool:

Dartford 1 – Woking 2 (Blue Square South)

Cruise control ON!

A pretty close game, we did enough to win. Not really surprised that the incentive to put in 100% has left the squad.

Scorers: Shinn – Leech, Softic

Woking 2 – Bishop’s Stortford 0 (Blue Square South)

This game saw us try out the 4-2-3-1 for the first time, and it was certainly effective. 17 efforts on goal for us, ZERO for the opposition.

Another noteable fact was the return of Leech far earlier than was predicted by our medical staff.

Scorers: Leech, McDermott

Farnborough 2 – Woking 3 (Blue Square South)

Another run out for the 4-2-3-1. A great game, lots of chances for both sides, respect to Farnborough, they had a go at us.

This game also marked the debut of Rossi. A scoring debut!

Scorers: McCann, McMahon – Rossi, Leech, Hammond

Woking 1 – Weston-super-Mare 0 (Blue Square South)

back to the 4-4-2 for this game, Rossi is yet to reach peak fitness. A good win, nothing really special about it.

Scorers: Hammond

Ebbsfleet 1 – Woking 2 (Blue Square South)

A crazy game, we dominated, scored in the 82nd minute, they equalised on the 86th, we found a winnwer in the last minute. A good finish to the season!!!!!!

Scorers: Carew – Gilroy, McGrath o.g.

Final table HERE

Manager of the month for April:

I took first place, Havant & Waterlooville’s Shaun Gale came second, Dover’s paul Joynes came third.

And the Blue Square Manager of the season award goes to......

Boreham Woods Ian Allinson.

Lolwat??!!!

I never even got into the top 3. Thats what I get for locking horns with the vast majority of the managers in the league ;)

All in all, a far better first season than I hoped it would be, on now to the summer break. Hopefully we can find some better quality players to suit the new 4-2-3-1 without breaking the bank.

Well done in winning the BSS! i done the same with my Ebbsfleet save and went straight up as champions again with only a few changes, would be great for you to do the same!!

Looking forward to reading the next season! All the best! :)

Maybe you're aiming a bit high with the players you're looking to bring in. I'd be happy to sign the players you've signed for my League 2 side.

It looks like your defense needs strengthening the most. You scored bags of goals but you haven't kept many clean sheets.

With just two or three good signings you'll walk the BSP though.

Yes, you probably have it about right tbh...I've looked to bring in a better keeper and failed, I've brought in a better CB & LB, hopefully they can do a job...

Switched back to 4-4-2, the 4-2-3-1 just wasn't really doing it in pre-season...first game away to newly relegated crewe...ouch :/

Woking.png

Apologies for no monthly updates, I found myself spending more time posting then actually playing...therefore I'll be updating a season in two parts.

This is the current table HERE

As you can see, its going well, only 2 losses, one of them was a beating, 4-1 at the hands of Burton. This was my biggest loss as Woking manager so far.

At the other end of the scale, our best result was winning 7-1 away at Hinckley.

In terms of the players, Leech is once again on fire, scoring to date 33 goals in 23 starts (3 more as a sub)

Hopefuly the charge for a second promotion can be kept up, however we are into December now and the fixtures are coming thick and fast...

I've just beaten Burton 3-1 to clinch the League 2 title, making it 3 promotions on the trot, 2 as champions.

We crawled over the line rather than stormed it though. Dear oh dear did we bottle it. The last 10 matches or so of the season were sheer torture. We were incredibly lucky that the chasing pack were also struggling, with the team in second place changing every week.

I'll probably be leaving Woking now. I really don't fancy taking on League 1 with such a small club. I had a hard enough time finding players good enough for League 2 who were willing to sign for us. The Bournemouth manager looks to be on his way out and I might try for that job. I'd like to stay in the south and they were our parent club for a season, so there's a bit of a link there.

I am somewhat torn. I’ve brought in almost every player that’s at the club now and it’s going to be a wrench to leave them behind. They’re a great bunch of lads and we’ve sure had a fantastic time.

It looks like the board don’t want Woking to be made great though. We made it through to the 4th round of the FA Cup and had a windfall tie at Villa Park (led them 1-0 for about an hour too…) so we’ve got over £ 1m sitting in the bank now. They won’t improve the youth facilities and they won’t allow a wider scouting range. Where am I supposed to get the better players we need from ?

Plus I’d like to make a little money myself. I’m not out to get filthy rich but 4 years at Woking have only earned me £ 90k. I could have stuck with my old job and done better than that.

Wheels have come off of the season. My best three strikers have all got long term injuries and the form has crashed...got a nightmare injury list full stop tbh...fixture list didn't help, got to the FA trphy semi's, with a couple of extra time replays along the way, too much rotation of a knackered squad hasn't helped I'm sure.

The defence isn't good enough to prop the team up and luton look to be about to win the league..looks like play offs :/

Sgt, what tactics do you use? Really not convinced by the 442 anymore, just not solid enough.

I'm using a 4-3-3.

Up front I have 2 poachers (the outside 2) and an advanced forward (the middle one). The poachers are actually AMs with good goal scoring ability. They play as wingers but with a lot of emphasis on coming inside and trying to score (I didn't fiddle with anything to get this out of them, they just do it naturally). Crosses from out wide were very ineffective for me and with this setup they either cut inside at the 18 yard line and try to shoot or if they get to the byline they get into the box first and then cut it back, which has worked a lot better for me.

In midfield I have 3 MCs, the outside ones on attack and the middle one on defend.

Defense is a bog standard flat back 4 with no frills out and out defenders, although I do like my fullbacks to get forward.

I play a very attacking style, both home and away. I use a high defensive line and closing down all over the pitch. If it's a tight game I'll try to get a 2 goal lead and then drop deeper and switch to countering. If we're outplaying the opposition I just leave them to it.

It's not without risk. We do get hit on the counter and I have to use all my substitutions to replace tired legs.

Already on Rigid :(

I'm going to try balanced with a more defensive central midfield, the mentalities are lower than in that framework than in Rigid, we'll see what happens...

If its still fragile than it'll have to be that move to a five man midfield. Not mad on that idea though, getting the best out of Leech is the key to a good season. .

Woking.png

Phew...well we did it, via the play offs...the final was an epic 5-3 win against crewe which was great for the neutrals...

The second half of the season was terrible, we lost three of our strikers to injuries so I had to go 451. As you can expect we couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo and we suffered an extra 5 defeats.Thankfully with the return of some of our better players form picked up when it needed to, including beating luton with three games to go but it was too little too late. Also to blame was the fixture list...at least two games a week for the last three months took its toll.

Table:

BSPfinaltable.jpg

Other news:

Somehow I won manager of the year, no idea how, at least half of the other managers in the league trash talked me every chance they got, which of course I rreturned tenfold!

Also Leech won the division golden boot, scoring 50 goals in all competitions

LeechHistory.jpg

The club has also gone fulltime.

Onto League 2, where regular updates will return!

Goals for this upcoming season:

Sort out our defence problems without losing the attacking potency, I'm toying with the idea of either 4-1-3-2, a 4-1-2-3 or a kind of lopsided 4-3-3....

Try and sign better players (Going to be difficult...)

Avoid relegation, obviously.

Great job.

95 points would handily win you the championship most seasons, so a bit unlucky I think.

My Bournemouth move fell through because I still had a month left on my contract and they didn't want to pay the compensation :rolleyes:. I didn't want to become unemployed so ended up accepting Woking's third offer. Frantically trying to put together a team for League 1 now.

Thank you sir :thup:

Yeah, Luton were pretty much relentless in the end but I can't help but wonder how the season could have gone if everyone were fit...

Good luck with league 1, I take it you are planning to jump ship at the nearest job offer or are you just going to see how it works out?

Also forgot to note that we finished up with a £300k profit, which was very nice indeed.

Thank you :)

I'm under no illusions that League 2 will be tough, tbh if we avoid relegation I will be happy. Anything other than that will be a bonus.

It looks like the new formation will be a 4-3-1-2...hopefully it will be a bit tighter defensively...

Thank you sir :thup:

Yeah, Luton were pretty much relentless in the end but I can't help but wonder how the season could have gone if everyone were fit...

Good luck with league 1, I take it you are planning to jump ship at the nearest job offer or are you just going to see how it works out?

Also forgot to note that we finished up with a £300k profit, which was very nice indeed.

I'm not expecting any job offers. Haven't had one so far and despite another championship and manager of the year award my reputation is still regional. I'm reluctant to apply for jobs myself once the season has started. I like to finish what I've started.

I managed to win League 2 with only 86 points. Should be a doddle for you. 3 automatic promotion places too.

Woking.png

First things first an update on Transfers:

Transfers

HERE

Six in, seven out..with a wage budget of just over 10k and with a lot of contracts that needed renewing a clear out was never on the cards.

Notable ins:

Vincent Pericard comes in on a free, hopefully with his power he will make a good deep lying forward.

Scott Wilson comes in on loan from our parent club for another year.

Other than that a couple of decent new CM’s and a new LB.

Notable outs:

Michael Gash lived up to his name and after only six months at the club is moved out on a free.

Everyone else was either pants or shipped out to balance the wages bill.

August and September update:

Well, due to getting carried away again I have 2 months worth of updates. I’m solely looking to stay up this season, if we achieve better than that it will be a bonus. Still, as Sgt.kelly pointed out there are three automatic promotion places so you never know...

So, without further delay...

Hartlepool 1 - Woking 0 (npower League 2)

Well, what a great start. We started the game using a 4-3-1-2 formation, hartlepool lining up in a 3-4-1-2. Despite it being a close game the majority of our chance were from range and we just couldn’t level the score.

And Leech goes off injured.

This could be a long season...

Scorers: Brown

Woking 0 - Cardiff 3 (league Cup 1st Rnd)

One word sums this up. Ouch. We were totally ripped apart by Cardiff, which probably wouldn’t be that much of a surprise. Chopra ran riot. Oh well..

Scorers: Keinan, Chopra x2

Woking 3 – Barnet 0 (npower League 2)

Much better. We bossed this and didn’t give them a sniff. Again we used the 4-3-1-2 and Scott Wilson had a great game.

Scorers: Wilson x3

Stockport 3 - Woking 2 (npower League 2)

A very annoying game. They had more chances, we had the better chances. Our forwards had a bit of an off day when one on one with the keeper. 3rd defeat in 4. Woohoo!

Scorers: Simon x2, McKay – Wilson, Smylie

Manager of the month for August:

Oxford united’s Andy Scott wins the award, Stevenage’s Graham Westley comes second, Dag & red’s john Still comes third.

Woking 2 – Gillingham 0 (npower League 2)

Better. We deserved this result, nothing more to say really.

Scorers: Hammond, kelly (pen)

Torquay 1 – Woking 2 (npower League 2)

I haven’t been too convinced by the 4-3-1-2, so I chse to go back to the 4-4-2 which brought us success.

Match wise, we stole this result. They were the better team and deserved all three points but hey, thats football!

Scorers: O’Connor – Smylie, Wilson

Woking 0 – Oxford 0 (npower League 2)

Further tinkering, the 4-4-2 has been adjusted, the wingers are now more addvanced and the CM’s are a double pivot. I’ve decided attack is the best form off defence.

Despite that this was a terrible game, hardly any chances and the snores filled the stadium.

Still, its a clean sheet...

Scorers: You must be kidding me...

Luton 2 - Woking 2 (npower League 2)

A tense game against last years big rivals, we did well to snatch a point in the 90th minute. The tactic needs tweaking as the forwards are not firing on all cylinders just yet.

Leech is back for this game...and goes off injured again. Pericard gets his first for the club.

Scorers: Cadamarteri, Yucel – Leech, Pericard

Biggest game of the season next, the derby against Aldershot! A must win for the fans!

Woking 3 – Aldershot 0 (npower League 2)

And the fans go home very happy :cool:

A well derserved thrashing, made even happier by the fact that Aldershot are dumped to the bottom of the table!

Scorers: Wilson x2, Rossi

Manager of the month for September:

Rochdale’s Keith Hill wins the award, Stevenage’s Graham Westley comes second, meself came third.

September table HERE

Oh dear.

I had a short stint with Swindon to kick the tires before I started my Woking save and Pericard was an absolute donkey. You've brought him down a level of course, be interesting to see how he performs.

Can't believe you let Adam Doyle go. I've finally replaced him now but letting him go is going to be heartbreak. I hope somebody snaps him up and he doesn't end up retiring.

Good start again.

Yes, oh dear just about sums it up tbh. For somebody with 16 strength he shows a shocking lack of ability to hold up a ball. I literally cannot work him out, he's crap in a partnership and crap in a solo role. One goal in five starts and five sub appearances sums it up tbh.

I wouldn't mind but Wilson has 10 in 10 and the other strikers seem to be phoning it in atm..I'm swapping partnerships like crazy to try and get some chemistry going.

League two is barmy, its a very forgiving league, my form is a bit crap but nobody is really pushing at the top.

League two is barmy, its a very forgiving league, my form is a bit crap but nobody is really pushing at the top.

I've only played one game but League 1 may be where the magic wears off. So far it has felt like a big jump. The level of players you need won't join you with your non-league facilities (at least I'm hoping that's what it is). I've had to settle for players who are fairly mediocre for this league and they still cost me 30 to 50k. I managed to replace most of the defense and midfield but the front line is the same as last season. Don't think we'll be storming the league this year but I'm hoping to get safe.

Nice work. Me and my dad follow Woking in real life, but unfortunately can't attend too often, but very nice to see a 3-0 victory over the Shots. ;)

Thank you sir, yes the fans did enjoy that little result :)

I've only played one game but League 1 may be where the magic wears off. So far it has felt like a big jump. The level of players you need won't join you with your non-league facilities (at least I'm hoping that's what it is). I've had to settle for players who are fairly mediocre for this league and they still cost me 30 to 50k. I managed to replace most of the defense and midfield but the front line is the same as last season. Don't think we'll be storming the league this year but I'm hoping to get safe.

Still, league 1 is a fine achievement...if I am lucky enough to get there i expect to be stuck in that league for a while.

Woking.png

October and November update:

You can probably tell that I am taking advantage of the Easter holiday as yet again I have two months worth of updates!

First off, a view of the fixtures list HERE

Woking 1 – Crawley 1 (npower League 2)

Back down to earth a little bit, an even game but several players had off days, most noticeably Alan McDermott who decided to get himself sent off via a straight red in the 59th minute. We held onto the lead, and then blew it as they got a leveller in the 90th minute.

Water bottle thrown.

Scorers: Wilson – Noel-Williams

Dag & Red 1 - Woking 2 (npower League 2)

another red card! This time Rossi after a mere 35 minutes! Thankfully we were already ahead and added another before half time. In the second half hey absolutely battered us and they got one back, but we didn’t really deserve to win this one. Cooke got an injury.

Scorers: Marshall – Wilson, Smylie

Brighton 2 - Woking 0 (Johnstones Paint Trophy S 2nd Rnd)

Utter crap. We didn’t turn up and Brighton took full advantage. Notable only for the Debut of one of last year’s crop of youth players, Michael Martin (YP2) in place of Cooke. Other than that, dog poo.

The fans moaned about this one, probably rightly.

Scorers: Murray, Baz

Woking 3 – Cheltenham 1 (npower League 2)

Closer than the scoreline suggested, our finishing saw us through in the end. Another game that showed the last of domination from the 4-4-2...

Scorers: Osborne o.g., Softic, Wilson - Goulding

Lincoln 2 - Woking 2 (npower League 2)

My god...we got absolutely BATTERED. I just cannot explain how the hell we got a point from this game. We scored in the 80th and 84th minutes. Daylight robbery.

Getting fed up with the 4-4-2 again, just not solid enough.

Scorers: Scott, Corcoran – McDermott, Buari

Woking 0 – Morecambe 1 (npower League 2)

Karma kicks our ass. We had twice the chances they did but we couldn’t get the equaliser. Not happy.

Water bottle down again.

Scorers: Pivkovski

Manager of the month for October:

Torquay United’s Paul Buckle wins the award, Dag & red’s john Still comes second, Richard Money from Luton comes third.

The Morecambe game was the last straw, the 4-4-2 gets binned and the 4-5-1/4-3-3 from last season comes back in. Just call me the tinkerman...

Shrewsbury 1 - Woking 2 (npower League 2)

A deserved win, a good start for the new formation. Much more solid. Nuff said.

Scores: Thackray – Smylie, King

Rochdale 0 - Woking 1 (npower League 2)

Bit lucky this one, but the players are still getting 100% familiar with the new formation and it’s already showing solidity that the 4-4-2 didn’t. A nice clean sheet.

Scorers: Buari

Woking 1 – Hartlepool 0 (FA Cup 1st Rnd)

This game was noticeable for three things:

1) We battered them, I mean REALLY battered them

2) Hartlepool were the most thuggish team I have seen on FM for years..We conceded 5 fouls, they conceded 18. They had a man sent off for two yellow cards and it was a major surprise they only picked up a further two yellows.

3) Another clean sheet for us! Love it.

Scorers: Smylie

Woking 3 – Stevenage 0 (npower League 2)

This could have been a cricket score, our woeful finishing kept it respectable. Another clean sheet!

Youth product Michael Martin score his first ever goal for the club!

Scorers: Martin, King, Hamil o.g.

Woking 4 – Accrington 0 (npower League 2)

Close game chances wise, our attack took their chances and the defence is showing solidity. Another clean sheet. I am more than happy with the 4-5-1/4-3-3.

Scorers: Smylie, Leech, McDermott, moult (pen)

Macclesfield 0 - Woking 2 (npower League 2)

Another good win, our fifth clean sheet in a row! Also another team that tried to kick us off of the pitch. They had four players booked, should have been more tbh.

Scorers: Smylie, King

Manager of the month for November:

I won the award, Northampton’s Ian Sampson comes second, and Leyton orient’s Craig Short comes third.

November table HERE

In other news:

I have discovered Pericards best position. On the bench or at home with his feet up watching Eastenders. basically, the guy is crap, and will probably be shipped out in the summer.

Woking.png

December update:

December...I hate December...

Woking 2– Crewe 2 (FA Cup 2nd Rnd)

Anothe dog poo performance to kick of this horrible horrible month of up to the eyeballs fixtures. Crewe had more possession, more CCC and we were crap.

Scorers: Moult, Wilson – Donaldson, Vincent

Woking 1 – Bury 0 (npower League 2)

No idea how only scored the one goal, we tore them a new one.

Scorers: Moult

Crewe 2 - Woking 0 (FA Cup 2nd Rnd Replay)

Utter crap. Just didn’t turu up, yet again.

Water bottle thrown.

Scorers: Donaldson, Miller

Tranmere 0 - Woking 2 (npower League 2)

A fairly close game, we had the quality to take the 3 points in the end. The 4-4-2 with advanced wingers is back, yes the 4-5-1 has a great defence but we arent scoring enough for my liking.

Scorers: Softic, Wilson

Woking 5 – Leyton Orient 1 (npower League 2)

And the goals are back! It may produce some heart stopping moments but the 4-4-2 will stay for now. The league needs a brave heart to win it, so attack it is!

Scorers: McDermott, Moult x2, Martin, Cooke – Revell

Yeovil 2 - Woking 1 (npower League 2)

I am lost for words. We were simply blown away. Almost the whole team didn’t turn up. Furious.

Water bottle thrown.

Scorers: Williams, White – Moult

Woking 1 – Hartlepool 1 (npower League 2)

Hell the mother of crap did we only get a point from this??!!! We took them to the cleaners, they had two shots. TWO!!! Their goal was a thunderbolt from 30 yards.

The AI seems to score most of their goals against me via long shots. From guys with long shots stats of about 5...

Scorers: Rossi – MacDonald

Barnet 1 - Woking 3 (npower League 2)

Much better. We bossed it and deserved the win. I’m glad this damn month is over...

Scores: Kelly – Moult, Farah, Rossi

Manager of the month for December:

Shrewsbury Town’s Graham Turner came first , I came second, and Torquay’s Paul Buckle comes third.

December table HERE

Woking.png

January update:

Woking 4– Northampton 0 (npower League 2)

A good start to the month, a close game really but our finishing was awesome. A nice hattrick from Softic.

Scorers: Softic x3, Leech

Woking 1 – Stockport 1 (npower League 2)

Another close game, neither team deserved to win this. Our defenders seem to be taking it in turns to be crap.

Scorers: Leech - Elding

With the transfer window open I decided to take a chance on signing SAMMY MORROW. He will take up the deep lying forward role alongside Leech.

Gillingham 1 - Woking 3 (npower League 2)

A well deserved win here, we wanted it more and we got the result. Morrow marked his debut with a goal.

Scorers: Agdsestein – Morrow, Moult, Martin

Woking 3 – Torquay 1 (npower League 2)

Another good win, we battered them and deserved the 3 points.

Scorers: McDermott x2, Softic – Kuduzovic

Oxford 3 – Woking 2 (npower League 2)

Absolute dog poo. One of those games when everything they hit ended up in the net. We found ourselves 3 down, thenhit 2 lat goals in replied when we went for it. Time ran out before we could get a third, but we didn’t reeally deserve a point.

Water bottle thrown.

Scorers: McAlister, Ajose, Deering – McDermott, Leech

Woking 5 – Luton 0 (npower League 2)

The players redeem themselves after I put a rocket up them and demanded a win. We battered them, created a host of chances and put quite a few of them away.

Much happier.

Scorers: Softic, Morrow x2, Rossi, Cooke

Manager of the month for January:

Oxford United’s Andy Scott came first , I came second, and Morecambe’s Sammy McIlroy comes third.

January table HERE

Yeah, signing Morrow has had a positive effect, He has the PPM's 'plays with back to goal' and 'trys through balls often' so I really intended for him to set Leech up, however, he has 4 goals in 5, so he clearly knows where the goal is himself!

Still just playing attacking football really, its getting the wins but I don't know how such a style will cope with league 1...I am rubbish at playing more defensive football :(

I haven't had much time to play lately (I make a point of watching every game in full, which doesn't help...).

I haven't changed my tactics and so far my record is W2 D1 L4 in League One.

Do you have any house rules on signing players ? I don't use free player search. Only sign scouted and recommended players. I had 3 scouts working full tilt over the summer but I basically needed a whole new team so I had to set priorities. Decided the front line was least in need of improvement and it shows : really struggling to score.

Ah I see...I always play on key highlights, just makes it quicker. It still takes me at least a week to get through a season, unlike the likes of Dafuge, who churn through a season a day ;)

No house rules tbh, my scouts are pretty crap, if I left it to them i would probably not be signing anybody. I do manualy search, but dont use any editors. Apart from that, the only thing i did do was set past experience as 'semi pro' instead of 'sunday league'.

Woking.png

February update:

Aldershot 2 - Woking 3 (npower League 2)

Great to do the double over our arch rivals, a very close game which probably should have ended in a draw, but I’m very happy we got the win.

The fans loved it.

Scorers: Alessandra, lenighan – Cooke, Leech, McDermott

Woking 5 – Dag & Red 1 (npower League 2)

A MASSIVE result for us against the 2nd lying placed team, a very even game match stats wise but our finishing was just immense! Very happy indeed as it widens that gap.

Scorers: Cooke, Morrow, Smylie (pen), Bond (o.g.), Leech - Green

Cheltenham 0 - Woking 4 (npower League 2)

The goals just keep flowing! Our firepower keeps the wagon rolling on; we bossed the game and took our chances.

Scorers: Leech x2, Softic, Morrow

Crawley 2 - Woking 2 (npower League 2)

Ouch. This was a nasty bad tempered game, 37 fouls conceded between us, we went 2 nil down, then went for broke and managed to level it. A point was fair enough, 2 players taken off injured however.

Could well be a bit of a patched up team soon, the injury list is getting longer and longer...

Scorers: kandol, Bignall – Cooke, Martin

Manager of the month for February:

Leyton Orient’s Craig Short came first, I came second (again!), and Stockport’s Peter Ward comes third.

January table HERE

Woking.png

March update:

Woking 2 – Lincoln 2 (npower League 2)

This game was bad for my blood pressure, we took a nice 2-0 lead, then everyone switched off and they scored 2 in the last 10 minutes. Not happy.

Scorers: Morrow x2 – Carayol, O’Keefe

Morcambe 0 - Woking 1 (npower League 2)

A close game until their left back tried to remove Cookes legs with a two footed lunge and he saw red. After that we took control and got the win.

Scorers: Rowe-Turner

Woking 3 – Shrewsbury 1 (npower League 2)

A mad result nothing between the teams at all, but our finishing settled the game. Another good win

Scorers: Morrow, Smylie, Buari - Wright

Accrington 1 - Woking 1 (npower League 2)

Massive mind games before and after the match, john Coleman and myselfhave a nice simmering mutual hatrid going on. We were crap but leveled in the 90th minute. In your face Coleman.

Scorers: Fryers (o.g.) – Leech

Woking 0 – Rochdale 1 (npower League 2)

We were crap yet again. We went behind early and wouldn’t have scored if the game had lasted a week. If we didn’t have that lead i would be getting nervous. I may still.

Water bottle thrown.

Scorers: Kennedy, mcDougall

Manager of the month for March:

Northampton Town’s Ian Sampson came first, Bury’s Russell Slade came second, and Torquay’s Paul Buckle comes third.

March table HERE

Woking.png

End of season update:

Well, here we are the last six games of the season. Please forgive me for being fairly brief ;)

Stevenage 0 - Woking 0 (npower League 2)

Crap game, not many chances, both teams terrible.

Scorers: Nah.

Woking 1 – Macclesfield 0 (npower League 2)

A close game. Our keeper got man of the match after this one, Good to get back on track with a win.

Scorers: Muari

Bury 1 - Woking 3 (npower League 2)

Another weird game, although we went a man down after 31 minutes we kept it tight and counter attacked well. Very pleased with the lads after this one.

Scorers: McCord – burns, Dilo (o.g.), Morrow

Woking 1 – Tranmere 1 (npower League 2)

Bad game, not the best result. More injuries. Sigh.

Scorers: Rossi - Labadie

Leyton Orient 1 - Woking 4 (npower League 2)

This is more like it. After having no fit left wingers due to injuries and suspensions I dusted off an old favourite from fm10; A lopsided 4-3-3, which looks like THIS.

It worked a treat, we got a nice win.

Scorers: Whichelow – Leech, Burns, Morrow x2

Woking 3 – Yeovil 2 (npower League 2)

A far closer result than it should have been, a stupid own goal and a goal from a rare corner got them 2 goals, we could have had 6. A win is a win however...

Scorers: leech x2, Smylie – White, Anane (o.g.)

Northampton 0 – Woking 1 (npower League 2)

Thuggery of the highest order. We were kicked off of the pitch but kept our heads and got the win. A nice way to round off the season.

Scorers: Wilson

Manager of the month for April:

Shrewsbury’s Graham Turner came first, I came second, and Dag & Red’s John Still comes third.

End of season table HERE

Comments:

Well, the table tells the whole story...CHAMPIONS!!!

Very happy with how this season went, I really didn’t think we would get promoted at the first attempt, let alone win the whole thing! Still, a lot of work needs to be done now, the backroom staff need an overhaul, and key positions of the team need to be sorted out.

I’m delighted to have won the manager of the year award for npower league 2.

I also find myself FINALLY listed as one of the clubs favoured personnel HERE but gods knows what you have to do to be an icon...

Also, the club offered me another 1 year contract extension which I signed of course, this one for the princey sum of £1000 per week. I'm also untouchable apparently. Still no job offers at all, not that I would accept...

Archived