[FM11] Woking FC - Efforts of a non-league virgin (career save)

jaycar

Thank you!

I'm having trouble finding players that are interested in coming, I'm wondering if we have progressed to quickly, the clubs infrastructure just hasn't kept pace with our success.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well done on the promotion, will be great to see you in League 1 now :)

Realistically, what are your ambitions for next season? Just survival?

Thank you! Survival tbh, i simply cannot imagine that we will challenge in league 1, Leech and Cooke for example have served me very well but it was noticeable that they were less effective in league 2, this may be a step too far for a lot of the players we have atm.

Flying up those leagues gets tough now mate. You planning on swapping and changing a lot of the current players?

I would love to clear out a few of the players, but either they don't want to come, are asking to much or they are just not available. Our transfer are 16k..and thats it! I have signed Wilson from our parent club Bristol City for a bargain £14k, but once again its free transfers. And the quality is just not there available for free atm.

I faced the same problem.

Ended up signing some golden oldies and found some players in France who were just about OK. I've definitely hit the ceiling with Woking in League 1 though. Struggling to stay out of the relegation zone. It's a new experience. The biggest problem seems to be that the opposing keepers are making a lot more saves. In the lower leagues, if it was hit on target and with any power it would generally go in. Not the case in League 1.

You pretty much summed it up right there, in league 1 players are 'found out' so to speak, meaning that players with low stats overall much the right numbers in the key stats can still do a job in the lower leagues. not so much in league 1.

Keepers are better, conversion rates for strikers are lower, I seem to conceed more from corners now against the bigger, stronger players of this division.

With fairly low crowds still, with a small stadium fullstop , low revenues, lowish rep and a small wage budget it is going to be very very hard to get out of this division I feel.

Spoiler...the league position isn't great atm...

Guess you're starting to understand why I'm looking to leave Woking now.

Tried to go to Brentford. They thought about it long and hard but turned me down because of the compensation again. Looks like I'll have to be jobless in order to have any chance of going to another club. So I think I'll struggle through the season and then just let my contract run out.

It's frustrating to watch matches now. I can see my team are working their socks off. We generally dominate games, especially early on, but struggle to make things happen in the final third. Then we get hit by one or two flashes of brilliance from an otherwise invisible opponent and find ourselves with a mountain to climb by half time.

Oh yes, I know what you mean..I meant for this to be a career save, and it probably will be until I'm sacked, but spending 10 years in league 1 doesn't appeal...

Hopefully things will get better.

Woking.png

August and September update (Kind of...)

Due to work and life in general being a bit mad lately I dont have the time to comment on each game but here *Rafa mode on* are the facts.. *Rafa mode off*

Transfers HERE

As mentioned before, Scott Wilson comes in as our only cash transfer. A bargain, due to his goals last season he is already one of the clubs favoured personnel.

Adriano basso comes in for his second stint at the club, yes he is getting on but he is still better than our other keepers so he'll do for now.

Stephen pearson will be our first choice left winger, he lacks technical skills but has some decent stats in mental and physical attributes.

Fixtures HERE

Simply put..this league is tough...as I've said before in this thread, players really get found out in this league, it feels like a massive jump. All I am hoping for is the odd win and hopefully we can stay up by the skin of our teeth.

Notable results:

the 5-3 loss to Shrewsbury was a terrible result for us, you expect to at least beat the teams you come up with...

The heavy loss to top of the table Walsall was met with a 'devastated' reaction by our fans. My reaction?

o_rly.jpg

I think the fans need to be reminded of where we were 3 years ago!

Table HERE

Not a great position by any means, but at least it is only doors, hopefully things will improve.

After nothing for a long time the job offers are now flooding in...turned down both MK Dons and Millwall.

I'm beginning to get very tempted to jump ship...I think Woking's level is very much league 2..

Archived