[FM11] Saints and Sinners

jackripper

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your progress has been immense! Great loyalty and perserverance Jack. Are you still enjoying the save? I'd imagine the journey to the top is more exciting than trying to remain there... And I say I'd imagine because I'm yet to achieve much in my FM career lol.

yeh it was hard to reject United when they offered me the job. I am enjoying the save more than ever. after spending so much money im trying to now use my own resources at the club to hopefully move forward, Unless i need to spend money if the right player becomes available. I want to try and become the most succesful club domestically and in europe so that should let me prolong it.

Privileged your first post was here too lol :thup:

Southampton win back to back Club World Championships

After winning last years competition we went into this one full of confidence as the teams you face aint exactly brilliant are they. However we played Boca Juniors in the final and we showed our gulf as we ran out 6-2 winners with Leo Werdens helping himself to a hat trick.

4 more needed to equal Barcelonas record of 6 wins in the competition

..Also reached 500th game against Wolves recently.

Southampton F.C 2019/20

lgeaf.jpg

As you can see we demolished the league which seems to be getting easier. We scored goals and kept them out aswell with the best goals for and goals against record in the whole division. We lost 2 games all season and drew only 5 so maybe next season il try and go unbeaten. We also reached a huge 100 points aswell winning by a margin of 15 points. Arsenal seemed to struggle this year aswell finishing 10th so missing out on Europe. Newcastle went down with Hull and Blackpool.

Cup competitions

Again we dominated in Europe but fell at the last hurdle as we were knocked out in the Semi Final by League Runners up Man City who would face Manchester United in the final. We defeated Lyon and Bordauex on route to the Semi. We also reached the FA Cup Semi Final also but old boy Lukaku came back to haunt me with 2 goals in a 3-1 win to knock us out. We had an easy route to the semi defeating Coventry, Pompey, Stoke and Norwich on the way. However we played awful in the Semi final. Leagye cup we went out on pens to Chelsea in the 4th round.

Transfers

Not much to write about as we sign Centre back Peter Choyo from Arsenal for £7.25 mil and AML youngster Evan Poiret for £1.3 million saw me spend less than £10million. Also sold a few fringe/reserve players bringing in around £14mill so probably the first season ive made a profit in the transfer window.

Breaking New

Holland approach Southampton manager Jack Ripper who accepts the job. i remove every player over 29 and draft in around 11 players from u21's to bring average age from 28 to 23...more to follow...

Spent big aswell in summer and few shock players out

2019/20 Community shield

Manchester United 2-3 Southampton

With half my squad missing due to internationals i managed to squeeze out a strong first 11 with some youth players on the bench and goals by Martinez, Pastore and an OG saw us win the tightly contested affair as we now win our 4th comm shield in a row.

Still some way of beating Manchester Uniteds total wins of 16

Southampton crash in 3rd round League Cup

With Ripper resting his whole first 11 it was left to the fringe players in the League Cup once again and with Man city in there way. In a match with so much attacking flair it surely didn't disapoint as 3 goals each took us into extra time. We did have to come from 3-1 down to force extra time and my players started looking tired but a goal from City's Alexis Sanchez knocked us out as as we lost 4-3. It didnt bother me much as less fixtures meant i could concentrate on Europe but less games for my fringe players who will more than likely play in the FA Cup.

After 2 games in charge of the dutch national team my home country England came calling and well it was to hard to refuse, So i now plan my assault on qualifying for the upcoming World Cup.

FA Cup Final 2019/20

Stoke City 0-5 Southampton

After knocking out Wigan, Cardiff, Wolves and Birmingham we faced Man city in a close affair in the semi final. A 2-1 win saw us reach Wembley were we would face Stoke. Stoke have been struggling in the league and to make matters worse they sacked there manager around 2 weeks before the final. I fielded a youthful first 11 and we ran over them by scoring 5 unanswered goals. Goals from Demin, Chamberlian, Benitez, Baldini and bolina saw us win the FA Cup for the 2nd time since i arrived at the club.

lge21.jpg

Adding the FA Cup we also managed to win the league but it was trickier than it looked with 3 games to go i only had a 3 point lead but we won our 3 remaining games to bring my 5th Premier League title in a row home to St Marys. We certianly didnt have the best defence record which was a shame but goals it what we do. We scored a whopping 129 goals which could be a league record but not to sure yet.

squad21.jpg

My squad performed sensational even my fringe players when they stepped in. Pastore showed no sign of age now hes the wrong side of 30 with goals all season and assists to but a specialmention has to go to Werdens who smashed in 46 goals in 47 games. Elsewhere Medina from the wing hit over 20 goals aswell.

SOUTHAMPTON DO THE TREBLE...JUST!!!!

chle.jpg

Finger nails are bitten down after this sensational Champions League final. People are calling it the best ever final the European stage has ever seen with both teams going straight for the attack. The game went into extra time after a mammoth first 90 mins saw the game finish 3-3. I thought it was over when Man City scored in the first half of extra time but 2 goals in reply saw us win the Champions League for the 3rd time. Ive never been so nervous watching a game on fm but all i can say is phewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!

England Confedirations Cup

confed.jpg

With this competition not really top priority i decided to pick a lot of youngsters and got rid of the established stars who were approaching 30 or over. I did keep Wayne Rooney cosindering he was captian at the ripe old age of 34. The group stages would always see us finish in top 2 with us fighting for Spain for top spot. With 2 wins out against New Zealand and Cameroon we went into the Spain game full of confidence and a 2-1 win against Spain saw us move into the Semi finals where we would face USA. A few changes were made due to tiredness which is understandable especially at the end of a gruelling season. We would then face Spain in the final. My players back sort of fresh helped as we scored the only goal of the game to win the Confedirations Cup.

Southampton F.C 2021/22

lg23.jpg

With the news the new stadium would be built in 2 years time i virtually holidayed the league campaign in a rush to get there and well unfortunatly it bit me in the ass as we finished runners up for the first time in 5 years. Even though we scored the most goals again we fell 4 points behind eventual winners Man City. England regained its place in europe aswell after the all english final last season in the Champions League.

Euro Super Cup

We would play fellow English club Tottenham in the Euro Super cup and i decided to play a few youngsters and we won the game with the only goal when Demin scored as we retained the trophy. We also won the World Club Championship after beating Los Angeles after extra time 3-1

Champions League

cl23.jpg

After winning every group game with ease i felt confident going into the knock out stages but our form then started to seem to dip as every game became a sort of struggle. Maybe it was expected as we know Champions league games are never easy but with the squad we have now we should be dominating Europe. We struggled against Werder Bremen. then against Sevilla in the Quarter final where we then would head to Milan in the Semi final. After winning the home game 2-1 all we had to do was stop them scoring at home or atleast we needed to grab a goal at the San Siro. We were stagnante all game and didnt even muster any chances despite Milan scoring in the 9th minute we failed to get the goal we needed to send us to another final. We went out on Away goals. Disapointed.

Domestic Cups

We won the domestic treble after beating Man city 2-1 in the community shield. We also won the League cup after beating teams like Blackburn, Fulham, Wolves and Man city in the Semi Final. We travelled to Wembley favourites against Wigan who reached the final for the first time since losing 4-0 to Manchester United those years ago. Again Wigan conceded 4 goals as we ran riot and showed our strength indepth as we put out mainly a reserve team. We also managed to return to Wembley again in the FA Cup final where we would face another suprise finalist this time in Wolves. We knocked out Manchester United and Arsenal plus Newcastle on rout to the final. I fielded my strongest first team and again we dominated the final scoring 5 goals with Wolves scoring 2. So we could say we won the treble even if it didnt involve the League or Champs league in that equation.

Summer Signing

With Neymar approaching 30 i decided to move in on his replacement and well with not much quality around for my left wing i splashed £34million on 22 year old Mauro diaz from Spanish club villareal. His overall value was around £17mil but he had a Min fee release clause of £34mil so instead of beating around the bush i met the fee release clause to get the transfer done straight away. I may have paid over the odds a little but i managed to bring my man to the club. I now am happy that i have a brilliant player to take over the left wing role by Neymar.

diaz.jpg

Next Season

With Pastore approaching 32 im debating wether now to ease him out the team as he doesnt really fit my policy at the club but he still performs amazing for me so maybe we will see. He may have lost some of his pace but that is expected and well he is still showing his class at 32. so who knows.........

England World Cup Qualifying Campaign

englandw.jpg

We were given a relatively easy group to qualify for the World Cup and despite me dropping most of the senior players and bringing in the talented youngsters of the nation we didnt seem phased at all as we virtually won ever game with us drawing one against Austria. so we now travel to the world Cup which is this summer so hopefully i can lift the gloom off the nation and bring us a trophy home.

here are a few key English players.

lancas.jpg

antpowell.jpg

micklewis.jpg

Latest news

England crash out of World Cup qaurter final after losing 3-2 against Argentina. Argentina went on to win the torunament after a 1-0 win over Italy in the final. But it was England overall performance that led to the shock decision that ripper handed in his resignation. After there opening 0-0 draw with Croatia, England then struggled against Iraq and Paraguay to scrape through the group stages. We then played Uruagauy and a win over them saw us go into the qaurters against Argentina.

Ripper stated he wanted to concentrate solely on club management for the time being.

Southampton F.C 2022/23

End of season update in pics.....

lge234.jpg

cupss.jpg

cl2345.jpg

Once again we finished runners up in the Premier League with Man city now winning it two times in a row. Manchester United also put up a fight with us and them finishing 2nd and 3rd by goal difference only. It was pretty the same as last season as we Won the FA Cup final against Man utd but they got there revenge by beating us in the League Cup final. We also got back on track in Europe as we won the Champs league for the 4th time. Most of the season was holidayed.

It didnt take me long today because i am baby and missus free so i just cracked on with it. I did holiday most league games though so it probably helped the speed( thats how desperate i am to move into new stadium lol). Plus i got a good pc but only english leagues loaded for this save as i know im not going to manage abroad and just stay with Southampton.

Oh I see. Must be really cool having a new stadium built. Not got that far into the game myself yet. Congrats on the previous season, not winning the Premier League is not such a big deal if you achieve a European and FA Cup double. Good luck next season.

Saints win World Club Championship

After defeating Nagoya stolz in the semi final we would meat last years runner up America (mex) in the final. We dominated the game but were sloppy sometimes as we were caught on the break twice to conceded 2 goals. However the win was never in doubt despite the slip ups and goals from Chamberlain, Martinez,Baldini and Choto took us onto our 4th time of winning this. 8 more to catch most winners Barcelona who are currently on 12.

Unbeatable Saints

We have now broken a club record with us now going 48 games undefeated and still rolling on. I didnt even realise we were on such a magnificent run but a new record has been set.

Even though the financial backing has been removed i still was offered a whopping £117mil transfer budget and tempting as it maybe to go out and splash the cash i have now decided to use my youth facilities considering there one of if not the best in World football. Well apart from Atletico Madrid it seems who have got some amazing youngsters in there team.

Veterans

With the likes of Javier Pastore, Maximiliano Martinez, Alex Chamberlian and Neymar all the wrong side of 30 i was in the mind set of how im going to replace them. With the excepetion of possibly 35 year old Javier Pastore the rest still have a season or at the very top so i have a little headstart in replacing these club legends. I was tempted to just cash in on them but the sentimental side of me kicked in and well hopefully they retire at the club. Ive tried speaking to Pastore about taking up a coaching job but hes not interested and going to leave football once he retires. A shame because he is a Saints legend. Well they all are in my eyes.

Young blood

My first thought was to go and buy the very best in the business but a deeper look into my reserve and youth squad before splashing the cash. I was quite suprised how some of my youth players have improved. I found 1 who come from my own acadamy in Richard Bradshaw.At only 21 he would be the perfect replacement for when Pastore and Martinez decide to call it a day. He spent the whole of last season on loan and it has done him the world of good. Some areas still need improving but is now on the fringes of the first team squad this season. Recently making his debut in the Euro Super Cup Final.

I also have these youngsters pushing aswell who i signed when they were between the ages of 16 and 18. Micheal Caton who was signed from Man united. A player who has only improved over the last year or so. Was in and around the first team last season with some promising performances. He was involved in 35 games scoring 10 and 9 assits. Which is brilliant considering he didnt start all of those 35 but injuries gave him a chance and he took it. A big squad player this season again.

Youth signed in Transfer window

Drame--16 year old French goalkeeper signed for £1.1mil from Stade Rennais. just back up really

Dick Hartman--15 year old centre back cost me a whopping £7.5mil. Probabl overpaid but hopefuly long term replacement for Aslan.

Simon Morgan--the next Ryan Giggs? Who knows looks very promising and will probably spend a season in reserve with view to loan.

Giancarlo Colucci--young striker signed from Roma for £2.1mil. Joins long list of strikers at the club.

Nicolas Munsch--16 year old centre back signed to fill my u18s really.

Fred Karamba--Another french starlet from Lyon cost me £1.7mi. Operates out wide right.

I was also told in this years batch of youngsters that charlie Townsend could become possibly one of the best in his generation so fingers crossed.

The moneys not really a problem to be honest. I have over £100mill bank balance but i have now decided to scout extensive around the world for players under the age of 18. Hopefully looking to find the next Messi or Ronaldo.

Archived