[FM11] Gilbster - A Journeygirl in Europe

Gilbster

Naazilli Bld - 2014/15 Turkish Second Division

Table | Positions | Finances | Squad | Results | Transfers/

What a season! It had everything, hope, good form, bad form, gut wrenching disappointment, loan signings, injuries and suspensions.

Two seasons ago, when I joined the club, I was denied outright the request of a parent club, as the chairman didnt want us relying on loan signings. So imagine my surprise when at the start of the season, an affiliation with Adanaspor of the Premier Division was announced. Instantly asked for a loan report and grabbed a couple of their players for the season. Also brought in some other loan signings, including a striker, who has since agreed to sign for us on a free at the end of the season. Also brought in some strength for the squad and a couple of promising youngsters.

What I found odd about the season,was that we werent entered into the Turkish Cup at all this year.

Our league form to start with was absolutely amazing, just a shame we couldnt maintain it towards the end of the season. Regardless, we went into the last game of the season knowing that a win, with other results going our way, could have gotten us the title and automatic promotion. Unfortunatley we crumbled to a 4-2 defeat and not only lost out on the title, but also on the playoffs, due to the league sorting rules, which favours results between teams as the first decider. Ultimately after last season if someone had said we would make progress and get up to 6th this season, I would have been delighted, but ulimately the way it went, it was disappointing.

I was offered an extension to my contract just before the season reset last year which I accepted, and after this season I am determined to stay at Nazilli until we are in the First Division and have survived a season. Well I can dream!

Ah well, onwards to next season, where I already have 2 or 3 great calibre signings wrapped on a bosman, which should hopefully make our title push that bit stronger.

Career So Far

Season    Country    Club         Division       Position   Main Cup   Notes
2010/11   Denmark    Herlev       2nd Div East   9th        3rd Rd
2011/12   Denmark    Herlev       2nd Div East   10th       3rd Rd     Resigned at end of season
2012/13   Turkey     Nazilli Bld  2nd Div Grp A  9th        1st Qual   
2013/14   Turkey     Nazilli Bld  2nd Div Grp A  11th       1st Qual
2014/15   Turkey     Nazilli Bld  2nd Div Grp A  6th        n/e        Missed out on playoffs on results between teams

Normally when a woman gets told to push it leads to lots of screaming, fluid and a tiny human being.

Just go for the title so it's less messy.

You are Richard Keys and I claim my £10. Kenny's gonna go nuts!

If you win the title Gilbster are you gonna stick around or are you going elsewhere?

Given where I currently am in the season, I can say I was moved over to Group B, and its not going particularly well. Probably an outside chance of the playoffs.

I have a squad of players constantly telling me that that we are underachieving, and I cant help but agree with them.

Table | Positions

Seems like if I post a postive review, I get a bad next season, so lets see what effect a short review gives me.

Was a depressingly mid table performance all season. I am not happy with the players or the team, and realistically not sure how much more I can do for the club.

Career So Far

Season    Country    Club         Division       Position   Main Cup   Notes
2010/11   Denmark    Herlev       2nd Div East   9th        3rd Rd
2011/12   Denmark    Herlev       2nd Div East   10th       3rd Rd     Resigned at end of season
2012/13   Turkey     Nazilli Bld  2nd Div Grp A  9th        1st Qual   
2013/14   Turkey     Nazilli Bld  2nd Div Grp A  11th       1st Qual
2014/15   Turkey     Nazilli Bld  2nd Div Grp A  6th        n/e        Missed out on playoffs on results between teams
2015/16   Turkey     Nazilli Bld  2nd Div Grp B  8th        n/e

Due to struggling to find anyone that will improve my squad, the fact that Nazilli just cant seem to break into the playoffs, no matter what I do, and the knowledge there is a new patch out, I am going to stop this career, and start up a new one on a new thread.

Thanks for you support on this one, and I hope some of you will follow my new carerr once I've set it up. Ultimately I seem to average a season a day or two, so this way I've only "wasted" a week of my life on this save, while getting a feel for certain things!

Archived