Awards silly - relegation fighter promoted, not manager of the season?

I am getting increasingly frustrated at this tiny thing that is awards on this game.

Why does it not take into account clubs expectations. Every season best manager = 1st team, second best = 2nd team, third best = 3rd team.

I took a Serie C2 club with absolutely no budget and just free transfers (predicted dead-certain relegation) to Serie C1 in a season... only 2nd in manager of the season (behind the first place manager of course with much better team)... then next season I am in Serie C1, predicted 17th, finish 3rd again with absolutely no budget. 3rd in manager of the season.

And then in player of the year awards etc, the awards players have won for their team is not taken into account. Just average rating it seems... So basically make your forwards high creative freedom, run with the ball often so they get high dribbles per game, and they are in for the award, even if it makes the rest of the team worse.

I bet it has been covered. But surely it'd be bloody easy to fix the formula... to take into account pre-season expectations, the ability of the players he had to use etc. And it should come as a huge help when I start the game as an unproven manager... to have a manager of the year on my resume should help my reptuation quite a bit.

I am getting increasingly frustrated at this tiny thing that is awards on this game.

Why does it not take into account clubs expectations. Every season best manager = 1st team, second best = 2nd team, third best = 3rd team.

I took a Serie C2 club with absolutely no budget and just free transfers (predicted dead-certain relegation) to Serie C1 in a season... only 2nd in manager of the season (behind the first place manager of course with much better team)... then next season I am in Serie C1, predicted 17th, finish 3rd again with absolutely no budget. 3rd in manager of the season.

And then in player of the year awards etc, the awards players have won for their team is not taken into account. Just average rating it seems... So basically make your forwards high creative freedom, run with the ball often so they get high dribbles per game, and they are in for the award, even if it makes the rest of the team worse.

I bet it has been covered. But surely it'd be bloody easy to fix the formula... to take into account pre-season expectations, the ability of the players he had to use etc. And it should come as a huge help when I start the game as an unproven manager... to have a manager of the year on my resume should help my reptuation quite a bit.

I took a team predicted to finish 16th in Serie B into Serie A, finishing 3rd, and I got Manager of the Season.

Must be bad luck, dude.

I've won awards in exactly the same situation, and was second place manager of the year for coming 15th instead of predicted 18th (and relegation candidates) in the first season. So it's definitely taken into account.

In my first season I took Real Sociedad (predicted finish 18th) to 4th place and came in 2nd in the awards. I was a bit angry, lol. (Though we did get Most Improved.)

For completeness Mourinho came 1st after winning the League (including having a 16-game winning streak, twice) and the Copa del Rey. He then went on to win the Champs League. And the Villlareal boss came 3rd (predicted finish - 7th; final position - 3rd).

Archived