FM 2008: The A.C. Milan Thread - Sponsored by Jesus and Kaka

viktor6

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Started playing Fm 08 again this morning. In my 2nd season as the glorious Milan. Won the league first season and am slowly building a top top side. Just beat Inter away 2-0 with goals from Gattuso and Gourcuff, to take my lead at the top of Serie A to 8 points. My record in the league so far, is played 16, won 14, drawn 2, lost 0. The only worrying point is the amount of goals conceded, i've conceded 11 goals, compared with the likes of Palermo and Inter who have only conceded 7. It's not a major problem, 11 conceded in 16 isnt bad, but we give away too many chances. I have acted on this, but securing the signing of Dani Alves for £16million. He will sign in January, along with Elano and Hatem Ben Arfa. This will leave me with £5million left to spend, but i plan on getting more funds. I am hoping to sell, Gilardino, Inzaghi, Emerson, Abbiati and Ambrosini which should free up some funds. I will then go in search of a goalkeeper, with Igor Akinfeev my top target. If i get him, my best First XI will be as follows:

---------------------Akinfeev---------------------------

-----Alves-------Nesta------Gamberini-------Kaladze-----

------------------Pirlo------Gattuso---------------------

---------Elano---------Kaka-----------Ben Arfa----------

--------------------Amauri/Pato-------------------------

What you reckon ?

woohoo! july 08 and i've managed to sign ronaldinho!

for some reason he was dropped from the brazil squad and was majorly unhappy, a bit of unsettling later and he wants to move from barca!

amazingly, i got him on a £70k first teamer contract!

i know i could've gotten a younger player in, but i've already got aguero, dessena, pato, bendtner who are all wonderkids, wanted a more "established" signing for my team.

Im quite a fan of Amauri now tbh.

I recon i can get a good 3-4 seasons of top level footy out of him.

Striker wise, i have Gila, Amauri, Pato, Ronaldo & Inzaghi.

Ronaldo i'll see if i can sell if he doesnt do what he did in the 08 demo. (sulk).

Inzaghi i'll probably loan out, and see if i can get a good youngster in.

Im still hoping to get Zaccardo on a free, which should sort me out for DR for a season or so. And hopeefully i can prise Kompany from Arsenal.

hi guys, playing the demo and buying the original game on monday.

was wondering if you could tell me what ronaldos morale is at the start of the season?

In the demo hes upset and cant settle at the club!?

I find this hard to believe as irl hes jumping at the chance to start for milan in the next week or so. So have SI sorted this out or is he still Mr sulks?

Originally posted by skanky:

for me, as soon as hes back from injury hes wants to leave all the time, even after giving him a months leave.

because of that i refuse to play a £90k/week sulker and try to ditch him asap.

Same here

Originally posted by www2:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by skanky:

for me, as soon as hes back from injury hes wants to leave all the time, even after giving him a months leave.

because of that i refuse to play a £90k/week sulker and try to ditch him asap.

Same here </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

is that not contradictory from SI though?!

I mean the only problem hes had at milan is his injury and fitness, ive never ever heard him say he wants to leave!

IRL hes just been included in the squad to face shaktar on wednesday...i think its a serious error on SI`s part.

skanky, www2 :- i offloaded ronaldo in March 2008 in the game i was playing. The AssMan kept warning me about him being unhappy and i had already given him leave of absence twice. He agreed to mutual consent with no payment since he was confident of finding another club. He went to R. Zaragoza.

Positives from him is he won me a game against Inter 2-1, scoring both goal after I started him ahead of Gila and Pipo. I thought before the game that he will want to prove a point to them and he did. He scored a hatrick against Genoa.

Since then, I went on to win Serie A, Italian Cup (beat inter 2-3 then 3-0 in semis and Lazio 3-1 in finals). Eliminated by Inter in UCL in semis.

Kaka is a killer in this game (22 goals, 15 assists in 50 apps). I had retrained Pato as AMC and he was doing good. Akinfeev started to put in 8's in the last weeks of the season. Gila got 29 goals in 47 apps (17 goals in 28 league games, 8 goals in 15 in europe).

I signed Fabregas €93M (62 up front and 30.5 ovr 24 months). Jonathan Evans frm Man Utd,, Taarabt from Spurs, Banega from Boca. Anderson and Marchisio were coming in on July 2009 for €29M and €23M respectively - all structured deals. Emerson went on loan to Reading.

I started the 2nd season by beating lazio 1-0 in supercup.

I deleted the save game and now I am restarting it with more leagues added - (germany, france and brazil and also serie B, championship and segunda).

I have also noted that if you start the game in Germany (June) it starts on 24th June 2007 and Ronaldo is injured for 2 weeks instead of 2 months.

I will give you updates of the new Milan game.

Ive been informed by PMLF that the reason for ronnies sulkiness is because it still has milan as one of his "dis-liked" clubs.

The italian researches obviously missed it. However i dont know whether or not it will be released in the next patch, if it`s not then it should be released in the february update (too late for my liking)

I was wondering if you could edit it yourself at the start of the game with the in-game editor?

I'm a huge AC Milan fan and I'm currently playing with them. With the players I've got, the best formation is the 4-1-2-1-2 but I'm not having much success with it. With my current transfer budget I've only been able to afford 3 players. Nemanja Vidic (DC) from Man Utd cause Maldini (though still a good defender) lacks paces, Aaron Lennon and Amauri (he's good, scored 9 in 15 matches). Only sold a player Fiori (GK) to Ravenna for 90K.

Oh! I think I also got a Goalkeeper, Villar, can't really remember the first name. He is okay but tends to concede more goals than Dida due to his low stat on Positioning.

All I need now is the right tactics. Any suggestions?

Bit annoyed.

Looks like Inter have signed my No.1 target for January, Zaccardo! icon_frown.gif.

Luckily, Alves looks unsettled and no-one has bid for him, if no-one does in Jan, i should be able to get him in the summer hopefully.

My targets have changed to:

2x DL

1x DR

1x DC

1x MC

1x AM

1x ST

And those will be gotten out of:

DL: Chiellini

DL: Pasqual

DR: Alves

DR: Cassani

DC: Kompany

DC: Gamberini

DC: Criscito

MC: Raul Garcia

MC: Fabregas

MC: De Rossi

MC: Donadel

AM: Nasri

AM: Rossini

ST: Bojan

ST: Pazzini

ST: Okaka

ST: Walcott

Guest Tobinho

I've finished the first season as Milan. I found most of the starting squad is very good and that it doesn't need much adding to it, so I spent the bulk of my budget on Samir Nasri (£17m) and Miguel Veloso (£13m) and Breno to come in in January (£8m) - I adjusted the wage budget heavily. I also picked up Zaraté (£4.5m) and Vantaggiato (£3.7m) as young strikers who can offer cover and improve.

Kalac is rubbish back up, but both Abbiatti and Storari come back after the first season, so I didn't buy a new keeper. I sold Bonera and bought Felipe (£7m) since Barzagli went to Madrid. I found Cafu to be okay enough for back-up to Oddo who is great, and Serginho did pretty well when covering for Janku or Kaladze on the left. Ronaldo is awesome when he gets fit, I had to allow him a leave of absence for him to extend his contract. I stuck with the milan formation and managed to get it working really well which I hadn't managed in previous games. The only difference was that I had Pirlo level with Ambro and Gattuso. I used:

-------------Ronaldo----Gila

--------------------Kaká

--^--------Ambro---Pirlo---Gattuso-----^

--^-----------------\/-----------------^

Kaladze-----Maldini----Nesta---------Oddo

-------------------Dida

With Felipe and Breno (after January) covering in defence, Janku, Cafu and Serginho covering the full-backs, Nasri covering Pirlo and Kaká, Emerson, Veloso, Brocchi, Gourcuff and Seedorf covering Ambro and Gattuso and Zaraté, Vantaggiato, Inzaghi and Pato (after January) covering the strikers.

I gave both Kaká and Pirlo maximum creativity and they basically ran the show.

I won the league and CL and signed Lulinha to come in for the next season.

Inzaghi, Cafu and Maldini can't play in 08/09 really, Serginho might manage a few games. I wanted to get rid of Brocchi too, so I figured I needed a left-back, a right-back, a centre-back and a creative player to cover Pirlo or Kaká.

I got Marcelo (£5.5m recession clause at REal Madrid), Marzoratti (£2.5m to buy the rest of his contract from Empoli), Ezequiel Garay (about £11m), Montolivo (had a £15m recession cluase at Madrid), I also signed van Persie since he wanted to leave Arsenal and was available for £17m. I've tried to sell Inzaghi, Brocchi, Storari, Oliviera and most of the players who were on loan in the first season with no luck. icon_frown.gif

Davide Di Gennaro is looking good now which is a plus.

Originally posted by boogle:

Ive been informed by PMLF that the reason for ronnies sulkiness is because it still has milan as one of his "dis-liked" clubs.

The italian researches obviously missed it. However i dont know whether or not it will be released in the next patch, if it`s not then it should be released in the february update (too late for my liking)

I was wondering if you could edit it yourself at the start of the game with the in-game editor?

or just use the famous FM Modifier 2.2. helps me alot in this ronaldo issue.

Guest becksie

guys, why my players dont like someone in my squad??

for example kaka doesnt like gattuso..and they say that they're worried about lack managerial something...

any help?

Originally posted by becksie:

guys, why my players dont like someone in my squad??

for example kaka doesnt like gattuso..and they say that they're worried about lack managerial something...

any help?

Lack managerial discipline? - happens if you fail to penalise a sending off from one of your players.

Happens to me too because i never fine anyone for dismissal in a match. I always appeal.

Liking team-mate - i think there is not much you can do about it. I sold Bonera because he didnt like Nesta. Kaka and Pirlo sorted their differences.

Originally posted by boogle:

I've been bugging SI about this since Ronaldo moved to Milan. They should have changed Milan on disliked clubs to Real Madrid, but they never have. Shame, really, though given that he has yet to play IRL we'll have to see what happens.

Get Amelia for a keeper. Absolute gem.

Guys, my Milan Teamis Season 2 is as follows:

LB: Clichy

Cd;s: Kompany and Barzagli

RB: Oddo

AMR: Behrani

AML: AIssati

DMC: Ambrosini

AMC: kaka

S: Gilardino

S: Alexandre Pato

I have Vela also as back up with Defour, Marin and GOurcuff waiting the wings to fill midfield.

The tactic that I am using is a 4-3-1-2 with Kaka playing in the hole behind the strikers and Behrami and Aissati playing quite wide. I'm worried that this leaves a gap in centre-mid, even though I have Ambrosini playing very defensively.

Currently top of Serie A by 1-point, having started the season badly. Now unbeaten in 20-games and have won 8 in a row.

Would like some views on which is the best tactic to play using the above players? Thanks!

Ok guys Milan fan hereicon_biggrin.gif

Im in my 2nd season now.First season won the champions league and lost the tittle by for 4 points to fiorentina(yeah i know wtf?:| )

Inter finished third whit 1 point behind me ,kicked there asses in both matches 4-0 @home kaka 2 pippo 2 ,away 1-2 pirlo double penalty icon_biggrin.gif

Juve finised 6 while Roma finished 4 .

My first 11:

gk:dida

rb:marcelo

lbicon_redface.gifddo

cb:nesta/barzagli

dmicon_razz.gifirlo/banega

ml:sedorf

mr:messi(got him now in my 2nd season for 55 Milions he was unhappy)

amc:kaka

sticon_razz.gifato

Back ups: Maldini,Gattu,Ambro,gila,pippo,bonnera,janku.

I need a new gk for the next season and a replacement for seedorf ,probably gonna have a big budget to spend afther this season so any sugestions ?

Btw the thread name rocksicon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by milanghotic:

Do you guys have people who don`t kick out of the club even if you have better options to get?icon_biggrin.gif

I can`t kick billy (costacurta)The man is a ****ing legend i just can`t kick the guy outicon_biggrin.gif

FORZA MILANicon_biggrin.gif

hes always left me to manage palermo :/ his stats get insanely good about 3 months in too!

Originally posted by viktor6:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by boogle:

I've been bugging SI about this since Ronaldo moved to Milan. They should have changed Milan on disliked clubs to Real Madrid, but they never have. Shame, really, though given that he has yet to play IRL we'll have to see what happens.

Get Amelia for a keeper. Absolute gem. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ive been reliably inormed by Panoz that ronaldo`s sulkiness has been resloved for the next update icon_smile.gif

Guest Ma_Chao
Originally posted by Tha Real behanger:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by foxmad:

A tactic for AC Milan -

1) Arrange friendly for your reserve team against U18's in about 2 weeks time.

2) Select all of your reserve team using Ctrl+A

3) Move them all to either the first team squad or U18's.

4) Continue a few times

5) About a day later you will have a squad full of grey players.

6) All of these will be amazing 19 year old Italians.

7) Offer them contracts and move to Senior team.

8) Another lot will come through.

9) This can be repeated as many times as you like and due to them demanding little wages is a sure fire way to get a better team.

icon_wink.gif

Have fun.

Does this only work in italy, because ive tried it with arsenal. But is doesnt seems to work </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

sorry but there's no U18s,only under 20's isnt it??

Hello,

Never been AC before but i choose these on my network game with friends as we are doing italy!

im average on this game to be honest not good not rubbish!!

Just would like a few tips if any1 would like to help as i really wanna beat the crap out of my 2 mates! (1's inter the other is Juve)

can any1 recomend tatics, signings and how to get max transfer funds from Ac??

myt be alot to ask but would apprieciate the help????

MY 1ST SEASON CONCLUSION

all these conclusions are based on my 4321 tactic

ON TACTICS:

in my point of view, team instructions which are not included in individual tactics (tempo, width, time wasting, defensive line, focus passing), have a big influence in your overall tactics. but, in relation to pitch size, 3 of them are the most important to consider. they are: tempo, width, focus passing.

why are they so important? i'm relating it to irl milan and what i found is IRL milan having trouble to break a deep defensive team, but easier to score against a bigger team who gives more space. so, against a lower team, IMO we have to distribute the ball quicker, maximizing the flanks, and of course a killer striker (which we dont have right now icon_frown.gif until ronaldo and pato ready). so that will be: 1st notch of quick tempo, 1st notch of wide, focus down bothflanks.

against a bigger team or defending a lead or playing a tricky away match: lowering tempo and width to normal, focus through the middle. remember our strongest power is in the middle (pirlo seedorf kaka).

this is the formation

http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/7728/the4321zc1.jpg[/img] ]the4321zc1.jpg

the sarrow to MR and ML pos is vital to ensure the defensive minded MC to cover the overlapping fullbacks. the farrow for kaka is also vital.

ON MATCH ENGINES:

yes the closing down bugs is there, but when you tick on the tight marking for team, it will slightly reduced the bugs. i have tight marking on for all players excluding pirlo seedorf kaka.

ON DATA ISSUE:

- ronaldo issue. really annoying. pre game editor is the answer for this temporarily, until SI fix it (dont know when..). and also remember to edit his consistency rating too. 7goals in 14matches IRL last season is a good consistency IMO. at least a 13, or max 16. also, if you dont use the betapatch yet, fm modifier 2.2 is a really helpful tools too.

- gourcuff issue. small things, but IRL he plays mostly at the left side of the pitch. in FM08 (and before) he didnt have left side capability. can be solved using pre editor or fm modifier 2.2.

- players dislikes each other. in my game, oddo dislikes nesta, barzagli dislikes pirlo, gila dislikes nesta. icon_confused.gif dont know how to stop this.

ON SIGNINGS:

backup for gattuso and ambro is needed. brocchi is a good backup, emerson is always not fully fit. my solution is to loan john obi mikel or flamini.

backup for seedorf. rosina is your answer. gourcuff can also play in seedorf pos, but he is not mature enough.

backup for oddo. eboue is a good alternative.

backup for jankulovski. not needed in 1st season, because serginho plays exceptionally well in his age. but i dont know about season 2.

ON RECORDS:

manage to not conceeded in a row in 11 games overall, also 11games consecutively in serie a.

this is the record:

[url=notconcededin11gamesaf5.jpg

NEXT SEASON

will try to land one of these top class striker: sheva, drogba, toni, etoo, and of course all time favourite, ronaldinho

will try to sign a top rated goalkeeper, maybe frey or cech, or amelia for the future.

already sign thiago motta as the backup for ambro, also will try to make john obi mikel permanent.

Playing my first season with Milan,currently unbeaten in league after eight games.Am in first place.I play a 4-3-2-1 formation that seems to be working.here is my team,

dida

zaccardo nesta maldini janakoulski

gattuso pirlo seedorf

rossina kaka

inzaghi/gillardno

I signed zaccardo,felipe,rossina and aaratilo

I feel i need a better striker as inzaghi is getting on,gilardino is not up to it and ronaldo wants to leave.Any ideas on who i could buy to play the loan strikers role.???

I tell you something, i dont know what im doing wrong/right, but my strikers barely score, but my AMCs are banging them in for fun!

Kaka is on 22 in 22.

VDV is on 15 in 20 (mostly sub appearances).

Gourcuff is on on 6 in 10.

My top scoring striker is Amauri, who has 9 in 24.

All going well, i should be able to get Mascherano on a free. Liverpool havnt offered him a new contract, and he's available to sign, although he's not interested at the moment.

Originally posted by BoomAM:

All going well, i should be able to get Mascherano on a free. Liverpool havnt offered him a new contract, and he's available to sign, although he's not interested at the moment.

dont get your hopes up, i kept trying to unsettle him throughout the season on a view to a free, mid may he signed a new contract :/

Originally posted by skanky:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ma_Chao:

sorry but there's no U18s,only under 20's isnt it??

i wouldnt bother, its being (been?) fixed for the patch anyhow. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

meaning it wont work for the full version??

damn!

Originally posted by milanfan_apoorv:

meaning it wont work for the full version??

damn!

whilst not having finished a season with milan with the beta patch (waiting for the full 8.0.1), one of the fixes touted was the italian super regen fix.

i aborted a game because i signed them and thought it was a little too cheaty given how good they are.

Originally posted by milanfan_apoorv:

impressive carlos. though you got pretty lucky in the CL final what with everybodies' shots going haywire. one thing you didnt do was win every game in the serie a icon_razz.gif

i am surprise too because since fm2005 i never this good at 1st season of new game. about CL final yes i got lucky, but i think its also because of the penalty shootout bugs ?? i read some people complaining about it

sir frosinone

its called "steklo". you can find it in sortitoutsi.net

skanky

i use ambrosini as 1st vice captain, gattuso is the 2nd vice captain. just like milan IRL. gattuso have some uncontrollable anger inside of him (so not IRL gattuso) that makes him get red card too easily. another mistake by italy researchers.

Originally posted by BoomAM:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by carlo sheva:

its called "formula 4321"

http://fmdownloads.net/showrecent.php?

Thanks.

Any notes on that formation/tactic? Like types of players needed?

Ive got a resonably well tuned 4-1-2-1-2 that im using at the moment, doing me quite good. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

type of players needed for the tactic is original milan players like i said in my 1st season conclusions (read above post).

i use 41212 as alternative too, by simply put kaka as striker and seedorf as trequatista, with quick tempo, normal width, focus passing through the middle

Originally posted by yugular:

I would like to try to set up a AC Milan save when patch is out.

What kind of personal instructions you prefer for wingbacks DMC's and Striker if i play 4321(christmas tree?)

How about team instructions?

i think when the patch comes out the match engine will not be the same as 8.0, so i am afraid i can't suggest you anything until i played with the patch myself. so far all of my tactics are based on 8.0

Originally posted by carlo sheva:

i use ambrosini as 1st vice captain, gattuso is the 2nd vice captain. just like milan IRL. gattuso have some uncontrollable anger inside of him (so not IRL gattuso) that makes him get red card too easily. another mistake by italy researchers.

Yeah Gattuso got 18 dirtyness ingame..I use the editor and changed it to 10. with 18 he always get atleast a yellow in all games icon_frown.gif

Archived