FM 2008: The A.C. Milan Thread - Sponsored by Jesus and Kaka

viktor6

Ok guys, I just thought I'd tell you about my new Milan game. This is only the second game I've had on FM08 and I wanted something that would set a bit of a challenge (I know Milan are a great side but as the original poster said, they're a side that is in transition).

Basically, at this moment in time I'm just starting February having gone through the January transfer window. I'm top of the league (only by 5 points though!) I lost to Sevilla 2-1 in the Super Cup after dominating, but I won the Club Championship, I'm through to face Inter in the Italian Cup Semis and I have to face Stuttgart in the Champions League. Furthermore, the only games I've lost have been to Inter and Juve away, both 1-0, both of which I dominated.

In terms of transfers I've had a lot of activity. I bought in lots of loans to give me options at the start of the season, particularly up front with Ronaldo injured.

Transfers In (pre-season):

Defoe (on loan, but been sent back)

Aaron Hunt (was sent back almost immediately after coming on loan)

Julio Baptista and Soldado (on loan, sent back after January signings, but didn't do well)

Pique (on loan, but hasn't had a look in)

Mata and Albelda (from Valencia on loan to give me width and solidity, sent back after being rubbish)

Dos Santos (same as above)

Pires (capture of the season. After changing my system to 4-2-3-1 his width on the right was crucial)

Barzagli 13.5m (he's been absolutely brilliant alongside Nesta and adds a younger spine to my team- well worth the cash)

Enyeama 1.5m (the FM 07 legend was signed to give Dida back-up. Hasn't had a look in though as Dida has defied his real life crap by being very very solid)

Transfers Out (pre-season)

Brocchi 1.6m

Gourcuff 4.7m

Digao 2m

Ba and Fiori released

As you can see, I signed some younger players and some experience to try and beef up my squad due to spending most of my budget on Barzagli. Luckily for me it paid off and I was able to spend some proper money in January.

January Transfers In:

D'Alessandro 8m (has been good in the limited games he's played. I had been playing Serginho wide left who played well but this lad has come in and added real versatility and quality to my attack)

Govou 7.75m (an interesting one. I didn't want to over spend as I had Pires playing well, but he adds width to my side and gets to the byline well)

Fabio Aurellio 2.1m (was transfer listed but has been well worth the money so far and gives me good options going forward)

Ben Arfa 7.5m (added youth to my attack and has been quite impressive so far. I'll try not to chuck him in too soon)

Saha 2.7m (a signing that hasn't been that well received, but I think he'll give me good options when Inzaghi leaves)

Diego 10.5m (signing of the window quite possibly. Kaka so far has been nothing short of rubbish by his standards and is fighting for his place in the team. I wanted real options in my forward line and this guy definately gives me that)

Transfers Out January:

Ronaldo free (barely played due to injury and personal issues and caused more hassle than his 72k a week was worth)

Favalli released

Simic and Bonera sent out on loan with option for free transfer (neither was good enough and I could get money for neither so I got rid this way)

Transfers arranged for the summer:

Matias Fernandez 14.5m (no doubt if you've read this far you'll be asking why I've signed him as well!? Simply I'd arranged this before the Diego transfer and I believe I can fit them all into my side over a season considering suspensions, injuries etc..he should be worth the cash)

Maxi Rodriguez free (bought to replace Pires at the end of the season)

Klasnic free (I don't honestly know why I signed him and no doubt he'll be gone soon after arriving. A shame as he is a quality striker)

Crespo free (Signed for a season to add back-up - still has it as he's shown for Inter so far)

Zaccardo free (the man to replace Cafu as of next season)

As you can see, I've signed a lot of players and I'm actually very pleased with my squad. My defence now looks solid and by the time Zaccardo arrives it'll have a rather youthful look. My midfield is solid with plenty of options and my attack looks like it will score goals, especially as I now have Gilardinho on form as a loan striker. Long term I'll need a new goalkeeper but if Dida continues as he is he wont be replaced for a while yet!

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Tobinho

Just finished second season, won Serie A again but nothing else. icon_frown.gif I'm in dire need of a world-class keeper, and also I've had trouble with no striker scoring consistently enough. I've got Gilardino, Pato, Zaraté and van Persie, but I think I'll try to get Aguero too.

By best team this season has probably been:

--------Pato---van Persie

------------Kaká

----Gattuso-Pirlo-Ambro

Marcelo--Nesta-Garay--Oddo

------------Dida

The squad is looking very good now, apart from GK:

GK:

Dida

Abbiati

De Sanctis

DC:

Nesta

Garay

Breno

Felipe

Kaladze

DL:

Marcelo

Janku

DR:

Oddo

Ninis (should work out well in this position)

MC:

Ambro

Gattuso

Emerson

Veloso

Luci

Creative MC:

Pirlo

Nasri

Seedorf

AMC:

Kaká

Montolivo

Gourcuff

SC:

Gila

Pato

van Persie

Zaraté

Oliviera

Promising young players:

Zeefuik

Saivet

Barkroth

Di Gennaro

Adrien

Piatti

Lulinha

Laudrup

Won the league, still got to play Lazio in the final of the Coppa and Chelsea in the final of the Euro.

And....ive signed Mascherano.

It took some doing, and giving him a 'first team' thing on his contract, as well as 62k/week, but considering i rotate players every game anyway, even my key players, im quite happy with getting him for naff all.

Emerson & Brocchi are definatelly getting sold/loaned out now.

My no.1 targets are now a DL/DC/DR.

Of which 2 of my 3 main targets for them are unsettled.

Im also tempted to sell Gourcuff and get Giovinco instead.

patched up the the 2nd beta and have started a new game, this time, i selected the top leagues from every country and more for the popular european leagues for a bigger selection of players. first thing i noticed was that kaka/gourcuff are natural at MC now. probably should've waited till the final patch if indeed ronaldo's sulkiness has been resolved, but for £93k/week i would've sold his fat ass anyway.

intend to have a more italian feel to the team this time around and to stick with the 4-1-2-1-2 as i'm more used to that formation than the 4-2-3-1 i previously used as i didnt seem to have the squad depth to swap between the two when needed.

1st season major in/outs were: (prices over 24 months)

[iN]

aarilato - £500k

richards - £30m

zaccardo - £10m + simic

cassani - £4m

van der vaart - £12.5m

veloso - £20m

barzagli - £12.5m

vailatti - £4m

de rossi - £15m upfront + £40m over 24months + £35m after 50 games + 50% sell on (jan)

breno - £6.75m (jan)

bale - £20m (jan)

daniel alves - £15m + 50% sell on (jan)

adriano - £6m co-ownership for 2 years (jan)

marcelo - £5.5m (jan, activated release clause)

[OUT]

seedorf - £25m + 50% sell on to juventus

kaldze - £22.5m + 50% sell on to fiorentina

zaccardo - £25m + 50 sell on (jan) to fiorentina

ronaldo - £10m (jan) to sevilla

van der vaart was a younger replacement for seedorf, richards was a replacement to play in kalazde's LB role, veloso will try and be pirlo's understudy.

i literally had to break the bank to get de rossi (best italian DMC in the game imo taking age/stats into consideration) and wasnt intending on selling zaccardo so soon, but after 2 and a bit months of

starting at RB, his morale was always stuck at good or poor even though he had no concerns about the club or training, so i sold the miserable sod for a tidy profit but i wanted him as cover for the backline. also daniel alves was transfer listed at £15m so it didnt hurt that much selling zaccardo. had to offer him a slightly larger contract that i normally would've as barca, inter and lyon had put bids in.

sent veloso/gourcuff/breno out on loan for the 2nd part of the season, they weren't getting a look in ahead of more experienced players and also veloso was getting absolutely slated by the fans as being a poor signing as he was largely restricted to sub appearances meaning he'd get about 10 minutes playing time every now and again.

signed adriano as he was transfer listed so tried co-owning him, got him but i cant offer him a new contract (he has a £30k appearance fee which is killing me!) now because his is unhappy that he has been transfer listed by request, at inter.. the funny thing is i distinctly remember not offering £30k appearance beacause a) thats too much for me and b) my board was limiting me to £18k, hmm..

despite that, he played brilliantly for the 2nd half of the season upfront with pato. he scored 2 goals in a 5-0 drubbing of arsenal in the CL final and vital goals in the end of the season to save my bacon, if it wasnt for his 2 away goals at old trafford, i would've went out of the CL as was totally outplayed by man united in the quarter finals and was lucky to scrape an overall win on away goals. met inter in the CL semis, won both legs 2-1 with a away game in the league with inter sandwiched inbetween but lost that 2-1.

won the league with inter 2nd by 8 points, partly due to my mean defence only conceeding 15 goals all season. dida was on fire but i have a feeling the nesta/barzagli partnership was vital, those 3 made it into team of the year along with a huge inter presence.

won the coppa italia against inter 1-1 in normal time then 5-4 on penalities, with chivu missing the vital penalty. crapped on jeonbuk in the club world championship with pirlo netting 4 in a 7-0 demolition.

vailatti out on loan won young player of the year, ahead of richards (bah!) and the fans player of the year was gilardino. kaka was just all over the place all season playing well but very inconsistent, i'd see random 5's and even a 4 from him once! icon_frown.gif

board handed me a huge £70m transfer budget and the second season signings are:

[iN]

aguero - £31m (arranged mid april)

ustari - £15m (arranged mid april)

pasenen - bosman

de sanctis - bosman

motta - bosman

guti - bosman

gasbarroni - bosman

sergio ramos - £31m (release clause)

de silvestri - £2.5m upfront + £7.5m over 24 months + 50% sell on

franceso bolzoni - £10m + 50% sell on

marek hamsik - £5m

[OUT]

ricardo oliviera - £15m to juventus

i went for a bit of youth with aguero (ST), ustati (GK), de silvestri (DR), bolzoni (DM) with an eye on the future and slowly starting to phase out older players like dida/nesta/ambrosini. gattuso/pirlo get a stay of execution as theres noone better at what they do, imo of course.

my team is now:

GK: ustari

LB: sergio ramos

DCl: richards

DCr: barzagli

RB: alves

DMC: pirlo (playmaker)

MCl: de rossi (attack minded)

MCr: gattuso (defense minded)

AMC: kaka

FC: aguero

ST: pato

S1: dida

S2: bale

S3: nesta

S4: oddo

S5: bolzoni/ambrosini

S6: van der vaart/maxi rodriguez

S7: gilardino/adriano

veloso/cassani/breno/gourcuff/vailatti/hamsik are out on loan for more 1st team experience, made sure the teams were offering them key member status, they're paying 100% wages and no cup games and with a recall clause.

guti/pasanen/abbiati/inzaghi/motta went to my feeder club, derby. hopefully to play well, put themselves in the shop window and make me some money!

bale was playing silly buggers not wanting to extend his contract past the year even though his agent says he is willing to accept a smaller wage, sent him out on loan, week or so later i offer him a contract and he is willing to take a pay cut: result! promptly brought him back off loan.

not sure if i should be playing ramos or richards at DC, richards has better technical/physical stats but ramos is better mentally. bale can only make the bench, though i might relegate richards to being the utility man on my bench as he is accomplished at DRLC/DM/MC, move ramos to DCl and play bale at LB. i want to play ramos as the fans will pick on him if he doesnt get a good run in the team like veloso last season. adriano was going to be a starter but pato played his heart out at the end of last season and deserves a start next to aguero and i get to avoid adriano's £30k appearance fees! icon_smile.gif

only keeping players like brocchi/oddo/maldini/ambrosini at the club until i can get pato/breno/saviet qualified as club trained for CL, not sure if i can get bale to qualify as i signed him about 3 months after he turned 18, spurs wouldnt accept a bid at the start of teh game. would've like at least 1 player in gk/def/mid/attack to be club trained but unfortunately bolzoni has just turned 19, so i doubt i got him in time.

i picked barzagli (charasmatic leader) as captain this year and de rossi (leader) as vice captain. due to his age and the youngsters i have, i dont think nesta will be playing every game this year so wouldnt be right to captain him, he didnt seem too unhappy when he was stripped of the captaincy.

had good fun with tutoring, i got de sanctis to tutor ustari, hes picked up de sanctis's "get crowd going" PPM and it still being tutored. got marcelo to learn from oddo and he picked up "runs with ball down right" and training him at DR too, he will be a great attackng full back on both flanks. i got pato to learn PPMs off gilardino, which finished very well as he picked up a fair few PPMs and was happy with the experience, just got gattuso to start tutoring bolzoni but best of all: kaka to be aguero's role model, so far in a month hes picked up "tries killer balls often" but aguero with kaka's moves? thats going to be absoltely fearsome..

just turned september 08, have £50m in the bank, bojan still resisting my advances, as is messi despite a £48m release clause which i am more than happy to activate. maybe i should go for fabregas to play alongside de rossi when i decide to retire gattuso..

Quite pleased with my transfer dealings.

I wasnt able to get Chiellini or Pasqual for a good price, but ive done fine otherwise. My squad is now:

Akinfeev.

Dida.

Kaladze.

Cassani.

Nesta.

Bonera.

Barzagli (VC).

Maldini.

Alves.

Oddo.

Pirlo.

Seedorf.

Rossina.

Gourcuff.

Ambrosini ©.

Mascherano.

Gatusso.

Kaka.

VDV.

Amauri.

Gilardino.

Pato.

Inzaghi.

I had been playing 4-1-2-1-2 in my previous season, but i want to play with 2 AM's now, so im trying to device a good 4-3-2-1 tactic.

Originally posted by BoomAM:

I had been playing 4-1-2-1-2 in my previous season, but i want to play with 2 AM's now, so im trying to device a good 4-3-2-1 tactic.

try mine.. try mine.. icon_biggrin.gif

to be honest, my 4321 its not working as good as 1st season, and i have to switch to 41212 mixed passing. yes, the reranking theory is still there. but, its a good thing IMO. icon14.gif

My AC Milan 1st team:

GK: Dida

RB: M. Cassani; CD: A. Nesta & A. Barzagli; LB: Kaladze

DMC: A. Pirlo & M. Ambrosini / G. Gattuso

AMR: Y. Gourcuff; AMC: R. Kaka; AML: A Mutu;

ST: A. Pato / F. Inzaghi

I won the Serie A for 2 seasons ... I remained unbeaten in 41 games ... but my problem is that I always do wrong in Champions League icon_frown.gif( and I can't find a f*****g DM to buy ... I sold Emerson, and now I need another DM

Originally posted by skanky:

de rossi!

youngish and italian, hes my short term replacement for ambrosini in a 4-1-2-1-2 and a longer term replacement for gattuso when i decide to retire him.

not going to be cheap though..

He's at AS Roma ... so he won't come at Milano icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by foxmad:

A tactic for AC Milan -

1) Arrange friendly for your reserve team against U18's in about 2 weeks time.

2) Select all of your reserve team using Ctrl+A

3) Move them all to either the first team squad or U18's.

4) Continue a few times

5) About a day later you will have a squad full of grey players.

6) All of these will be amazing 19 year old Italians.

7) Offer them contracts and move to Senior team.

8) Another lot will come through.

9) This can be repeated as many times as you like and due to them demanding little wages is a sure fire way to get a better team.

icon_wink.gif

Have fun.

that's a f*****g nice trick ... I simply love you :X:X icon_biggrin.gif

gourcuff20

here is the link for the steklo skin:

http://www.sortitoutsi.net/index.php?page=downloads&are...catid=79&game=fm2008

mine is version 1.1. i'm not using it anymore because the font is too small IMO. make my eyes seeing double.

about the dm pos. do you mean as backup for pirlo? i use YOU (gourcuff) as pirlo's backup in season 2 recently. but, so far only for 4 matches (including this win vs bologna in coppa):

gourcuffinpirloposvbolozg0.jpg

he even scored that day:

gourcuffinpirloposvbolowc2.jpg

will give him more chances in that pos next season. not much chances this season because pirlo is doing great.

Originally posted by Gourcuff20:

He's at AS Roma ... so he won't come at Milano icon_biggrin.gif

he did for me, although it cost me, big.

well worth the cash.

carlo sheva: interesting, never thought of trying gourcuff as a DMC, hmm!

btw, there is a 1.3 version of steklo now, using it now. nice skin!

Im in late November in my second season, and im trying to plan out my future purchases/where i need replacements.

At the very least i'd like a DL & DC to replace Kaladze (whos getting sold) and Maldini (whos now 40).

Now. The oldest members of my squad are:

Dida

Maldini

Oddo

Inzaghi

Seedorf

Dida should be alright as as second choice keeper for a few seasons yet, Maldini ive already covered above. Oddo is still rated as good as Alves in my game, but the thing is, once he's retired, technically my best two DRs will be my current first choice DL, Cassani, and Alves.

So if Kaladze goes and Oddo gets rubbish, then i'll need two DLs. One of which will definatelly be Chiellini.

Rosini is the natural sucessor to Seedorf, he's got similar stats, is younger, and i already own half of him. So Seedorfs replacement is already there. Inzaghi i can let his contract run out tbh, i only need 3 strikers to rotate for the single ST berth.

Going off that, asuming i sell/retire Kaladze/Oddo/Maldini/Seedorf/Inzaghi, that leaves my first/second/third choice team as:

GK: Akinfeev -- Dida

DL:

DC: Barzagli --

DC: Nesta -- Bonera

DR: Alves -- Cassani

MC: Ambrosini -- Mascherano

MC: Pirlo -- Gatusso

MC: Rosini -- Gourcuff

AMC: Kaka -- Gourcuff

AMC: VanDerVaart --

ST: Pato -- Gilardino -- Amauri

So, from that, i'd need to identify two DLs, one DC and a A/MC.

Off the top of my head that would be Chiellini & Giovinco at the very least.

But i cant see Oddo getting bad by the 09/10 season, so, in reality, with Cassani's flexability, i'd only really need 1 DL, 1 DC and a A/MC.

If i can get Cudicini on the cheap, i'll sell Dida as well.

Any suggestions for a good DC?

My preferences are Italian players tbh. Although i am tempted by Kompany.

Thanks.

Get Cassani!

He's amazing.

He can play DL & DR, and plays just as well in both positions. Seriously, i cant recommend him enough. Well worth the 26m i spent on him.

Coloccini looks good, but im not keen on non-EU players tbh.

Im tempted to just shell out whatever i need for Criscito or Kompany.

Originally posted by BoomAM:

Get Cassani!

He's amazing.

He can play DL & DR, and plays just as well in both positions. Seriously, i cant recommend him enough. Well worth the 26m i spent on him.

Coloccini looks good, but im not keen on non-EU players tbh.

Im tempted to just shell out whatever i need for Criscito or Kompany.

already got cassani for 21.5m from sevilla, but currently loaned out to arsenal. will be first team next season

coloccini has an italian second nationality, so he is an EU player.

another prospect for DL: clichy, adriano

You loaned out a 21.5m player? lol.

Does Coloccini having a second nationality class as one of the however many required in Euro competitions?

Ive decided to bite the bullet and do the most drastic team shake up ive ever done in a FM game:

I put Inzaghi, Seedorf, Dida & Kaladze on the transfer list. I wont renew their contracts, and im actively trying to sell them. :-o

I should be able to get Cudicini on a free, as he wants to come to Milan, and his contract is up in 6 months. So thats my Dida replacement sorted until i my good U21 keeper matures.

Depending on when i sell Kaladze, i plan to shell out the 31.5m buy out clause for Chiellini.

Unsure on who to sell as a replacement midfielder for Seedorf. I could splash out on Giovinco, but i dont really need him. I might go for Raul Garcia, as he's young, and is a good all rounder.

i have to loaned him out because only days before i got him i also signed evra from man utd too. i think evra is already a mature player and will be a good rotation with janku, also oddo and eboue still performs good job in the DR pos. so, no place for cassani, loaned him out to get maturity. oh, and also to avoid him signing for inter.. icon_wink.gif

as for coloccini, he has italian 2nd nationality, but i dont know if he is a homegrown italian. maybe he isn't.

for goalkeeper, i've been trying to sign cech since preseason2 until now. bid him for 70m and chelsea negotiate for a ridiculous 115m icon_confused.gif crazy.. but, cech already stated that he needs new challenge and milan looks good for him. he also refuse to sign new contract (his current expired end of season3). hope chelsea will get rational..

First season: Won european supercup and World cup for teams, ended 4th in competition with 80 points, Inter 1st with 91, Lazio and Roma 3rd and 4th with 81, Juventus 5th with 78. Bad season because I didn't had a decent sub for Dida who was 4 months injured, you really felt the difference playing with Kalac, believe me. Goals serie A: 83 for - 37 against

Team:

GK: Dida (Kalac)

DR: ODDO (Jankulovski) attacking mentality

DL: Kaladze (Jankulovski) attacking mentality

DC: Nesta and Maldini

MC: Gattuso (Ambrosini)

MC: Pirlo (with backarrow) 17 creativity, passing is long, playing brilliant with 15 goals and 27 assists in 47 matches

MC: Seedorf

AMC: Kaka (sidearrow and changing position with van der vaart) (gourcuff) - lots of creativity, 29 goals and 14 assists in 53 matches, glad that he never really got injured, because without him I would have ended 6 th or smth, he made a lot of important goals

AMC: Van Der Vaart (side arrow and changing position with kaka) (gourcuff) - got him for 16m €

AC: Inzaghi/gilardino/Pato all playing not really great

Ronaldo left because he was unhappy

In the CL i lost in quarter finals

2nd Season: I knew I had to buy a lot, since my team was getting old. So I bought Richards (€34M), Montolivo (€24,5M), Cassani (€14M), Aguero (€45M) and Mascherano (free). Won Title (89 points, Inter 2nd 86pts) and Coppa Italia. Reached quarter finals CL, lost against Ajax because of 2 identic corner goals. I used same tactic. Goals serie A: 93 for - 36 against

Team: Abbiati (Dida)

DR: Oddo (Cassani)

DL: Kaladze (Cassani)

DC: Richards (Bonera)

DC: Nesta (Bonera)

MC: Gattuso (Mascherano/ambrosini)

MC: Pirlo (backarrow) (Mascherano/ambrosini) - played less good, 13 goals, 13 assists in 43 games

MC: Montolive (Van Der vaart/Seedorf/gourcuff)

AMC: Aguero (side arrow and changing position with kaka) (Van der Vaart) - is the new star of the team, 24 goals and 27 assist in 47 matches, but i have the feeling that Kaka plays less good with him on the field

AMC: Kaka (sidearrow and changing position with aguero) (Van der Vaart) - played less good than season 1, 9 goals and 11 assists in 35 games, but had the same avg rating (7.35)

AC: Pato (Gilardino/Oliveira) - 31 games: 24 goals, 7 assists, getting better and better

Serginho and Favalli left on free transfer, didn't use them. Didn't sell anyone, I love all my players. Also thanks to Van der Vaart who was a great sub.

3rd season: Team was getting older again. Needed new players for Nesta and Kaladze. Also wanted a better GK than Abbiati. So I bought Frey (€35M)(was trying to buy Cech all the time but Chelsea won't let him go, he was unhappy, they asked €176M, I wanted to give max €100M), Lahm (€46,5M) and Garay (€16.75M). Was a great season, won everything, won final CL against Arsenal with penalty shootout, and Coppa Italia with penalty shootout against Inter after I was leading 3-0 but they came back to 3-3 (was thinking this would become a new Istanbul, thank god it was not). Won title with 88 points, Inter 2nd with 86. Suffered a lot of injures, Kaka (2 last months of season), Pato (3,5 months), Mascherano, Gattuso, Van Der Vaart, Montolivo. had to use players like Seedorf and Brocchi often who were weakenend by their age. Ambrosini also a bit weakened. I used same tactic as before, sometimes switching to 2 strikers because a lot of midfielders injured. Oliveira was great as sub. Goals Serie A: 92 for - 28 against. Selled noone except some youngsters ofc.

Team: GK: Frey (Abbiati)

DR: Cassani (Oddo)

DL: Lahm (Kaladze)- great defender

DC: Richards

DC: Garay

MC: Mascherano/Gattuso (Ambrosini)

MC: Pirlo (backarrow)(mascherano/ambrosini) - playing magnificent, esspecially at start of season almost scoring every free kick, 53 games, 23 goals and 20 assists

MC: Montolivo (Van der vaart/gourcuff)

AMC: Aguero (sidearrow and changing position with kaka) (Van der vaart/gourcuff) - 47 games, 24 goals, 27 assists, was as always great

AMC: Kaka (sidearrow and changing position with aguero) (Van Der vaart/gourcuff)- dissapointing, really hoping he gets his form from season 1 back, 29games, 9goals, 10 assists but most are continental against the weaker teams, only 3 goals and 5 assists in serie A in 24 games.

AC: Pato (Oliveira/gilardino)- Playing great, too bad he was much injured, 32 games, 30 goals, 7assists

Future: There are already 2 new players coming. 2 Italians (I always look to italians first), Balotelli from Inter by free transfer, is a wonderkid striker (19 years old), I didn't really needed a new striker but this was a great opportunity, I will probably sell Oliveira, because Gilardino is Favorite personnel with a lot of players ^^. And also a new midfielder central, Antonio Nocerino (€8.75M) from Manchester City (season 1 at Juve). I will probably buy some more, a full back (Left or right doesnt matter, since Lahm and Cassani can do both equally good), a central defender, a young 3rd goalkeeper(since Dida is leaving) and a midfielder central (since Ambrosini, Pirlo and Gattuso are getting older). I hope to get De Rossi, but it will be very expensive. As a new young goalkeeper I am still looking, Ustari is nice but he's at Roma (and playing) so almost impossible to get. Any good proposals are welcome (must be young).

And if someone has an idea why Kaka isnt playing great, please let me know, he has 16 creative freedom (CF), and run with ball, distance shots, and everything a lot. Is it possible that there are too many players who have too many CF? (Kaka, Aguero, Pirlo and Montolivo)

Full Team Now:

GK: Abbiati, Frey and dida(will leave)

defence: maldini(will stop, think i will be offering him a job as scout), bonera, garay, oddo, richards,jankulovski, kaladze, nesta, lahm,cassani

midfield: ambrosini, mascherano, pirlo, gattuso, seedorf, brocchi, montolivo, aguero, kaka, gourcuff, van der vaart - soon also Nocerino

attack: pato, oliveira and gilardino - soon also Balotelli

Started a new game with AC Milan and am currently halfway through my first season in January, I've won the Super Cup and Club World Championships and sit 3rd in Serie A with only the one defeat.

My current side looks a bit like this:

GK: Akinfeev (Dida)

DR: Cafu (Oddo)

DL: Kaladze (Traore)

DC: Nesta, Barzagli (Maldini, Simic)

DM: Pirlo, Gattuso (Ambrosini)

AM: Kaka (Seedorf)

MR: Gourcuff (Brocchi)

ML: Jankulovski (Serginho)

ST: Inzaghi (Gilardino, Ronaldo)

I've also signed Sakho and Saivet with Zaccardo joining to replace Cafu in the summer.

Whilst I'm doing fairly well, I'm not scoring quite as many as I'd like and although Pato is now available I'm not ready to play him as a lone striker - I had a deal set up for Aguero but Akinfeev was my non-EU signing for the season.

I'm looking at overhauling the side next summer with long-term options for more or less every position, but I need better options on the right-wing and up front immediately.

I'm not keen on playing two up front, so I'd rather not - I'm trying someone else's tactic as well (forgive me, oh lord).

anyone tried retraining Pirlo as an AMC? I've got him as a DM, AMC and he's been excellent in the AM position.

How do you guys set Pirlo individual instructions?

Last season in 29 apps in Serie A he only managed 4 goals and 9 assists and his avg rating was only 6.83

He's playing as a DM on my Christmas Tree formation, normal mentality,first notch of high creativity, Passing Direct, all settings on rarely except for Through Balls on often...

I really need help with him, he's my weakest link (avg rating wise) icon_frown.gif

Ah damn...forgot....

Is Mattia Cassani that good as people say he is?..Stats wise he's not that amazing and he's not that young anymore, so I'm just wondering if he's that good

at the moment he's averaging 7.04 in 27 apps for Palermo, so I just wonder if I should sign him for next season

My team (2nd Season)

GK - Dida (Abbiati)

DR - Oddo (Zaccardo)

DL - Chiellini [just signed] (Jankulovski)

DC - Nesta/Barzagli (Criscito/Kaladze/Bonera)

DMC - Pirlo (Toulalan)

MCd - Gattuso (Mascherano/Ambrosini)

MCa - Gourcuff (Defour/Seedorf)

AMC - Kaká/Silva {VdV)

ST - Ronaldo (Pato and Villa who is flopping icon_frown.gif)

Originally posted by ACkaku22:

Ah damn...forgot....

Is Mattia Cassani that good as people say he is?..Stats wise he's not that amazing and he's not that young anymore, so I'm just wondering if he's that good

at the moment he's averaging 7.04 in 27 apps for Palermo, so I just wonder if I should sign him for next season

My team (2nd Season)

GK - Dida (Abbiati)

DR - Oddo (Zaccardo)

DL - Chiellini [just signed] (Jankulovski)

DC - Nesta/Barzagli (Criscito/Kaladze/Bonera)

DMC - Pirlo (Toulalan)

MCd - Gattuso (Mascherano/Ambrosini)

MCa - Gourcuff (Defour/Seedorf)

AMC - Kaká/Silva {VdV)

ST - Ronaldo (Pato and Villa who is flopping icon_frown.gif)

Cassani is fantastic, I used him in my Milan game, and now my Juventus team, can play DR and DL, your long term Oddo and Jankulovski replacement.

Pirlo was inconsistent for me, I don't think he's a particularly good DM as his tackling, aggression, teamwork/work rate aren't great whereas he has 20 for creativity and passing. I retrained him as an AM but still couldn't get as much out of him as I'd like, frustrating. Nevertheless he did chip in with 6 goals and 14 assists with an average rating of 6.98. I've had simi;ar problems with Kaka though.

I've rebuilt my squad ahead of the new season, hopefully close the gap on Inter and challenege in Europe again.

GK: Akinfeev (Dida/Abbiati)

DR: Zaccardo (Oddo)

DL: Traoré (Kaladze)

DC: Nesta, Barzagli (Breno, Maldini)

MC: Pirlo, Kaka (Gattuso, Javi Martinez)

MR: Gourcuff (Torje)

ML: Rosina (Iago)

ST: Villa, Amauri (Pato, Gilardino)

I couldn't get rid of Maldini, it felt so wrong. Gourcuff was a star for me last season as a right-winger, likewise Akinfeev in goal. I'm currently chasing Marcelo and Vela as future prospects.

Next summer I'll need to replace Oddo, Kaladze, Maldini, and Pirlo or Gattuso and I've got a couple of decent looking regens in my youth team, fingers crossed icon_smile.gif

First...Which season are you in mank!?

Well to replace Oddo you could just go after Cassani as people say he's awesome and can play on both flanks icon_smile.gif

Criscito from Juve is a nice option to replace although he may be a bit expensive as he's playing for Juve.

De Rossi is an option to replace Gattuso but then you'll need to change tactics because you can't leave him out of your team icon_biggrin.gif

And how's Villa doing for you?...He can't score for me no matter what....reminds me of Shevchenko playing for Chelsea...he tries hard and when it looks like he's going to score, the ball hits the gk icon_frown.gif

Also...is it worth to keep Di Gennaro or any other youngster?

Originally posted by ACkaku22:

First...Which season are you in mank!?

Well to replace Oddo you could just go after Cassani as people say he's awesome and can play on both flanks icon_smile.gif

Criscito from Juve is a nice option to replace although he may be a bit expensive as he's playing for Juve.

De Rossi is an option to replace Gattuso but then you'll need to change tactics because you can't leave him out of your team icon_biggrin.gif

And how's Villa doing for you?...He can't score for me no matter what....reminds me of Shevchenko playing for Chelsea...he tries hard and when it looks like he's going to score, the ball hits the gk icon_frown.gif

Also...is it worth to keep Di Gennaro or any other youngster?

I'm in my second season.

I think Cassani sounds perfect but his stats don't seem that impressive, I'll keep an eye on him. Not sure about De Rossi, I'd prefer someone younger - what's Banega like on the patch?

Villa's scored 10 goals in 12 games so far, although he hasn't scored in the past three games so Amauri is going to get a run now icon_smile.gif

Just got a 99th minute winner, muhahahaha!

99thminute.jpg

SEASON 2 RECAP

season2overviewlq6.jpg

SERIE A

serieaseason2tablecq6.jpg

struggling at the beggining of the season because of "the reranking theory" (still using my succesful 4321). it gets better when i change to 41212

serieaseason2graphicsbh7.jpg

By carlosheva at 2007-12-04

TEAM OF THE SEASON

(including pirlo...)

teamoftheseason2xt1.jpg

COPPA ITALIA

coppaitaliaseason2sh6.jpg

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

knock out at quarter final vs barcelona, won 2-1 home, lost 1-0 away.

PRE SEASON 3

PLAYERS IN N OUT

innoutpreseason3st2.jpg

FIRST TEAM (41212)

firstteamseason3io6.jpg

ALTERNATIVE TACTIC (4231 - still under development)

alternativetactics4231gk4.jpg

Almost finished season two, won the league already, and just beat Real 3-2 to get to the semi's of the CL.

I want to finally get rid of Oddo, allowing Cassani & Alves to rotate as my DR.

So i plan to buy at the very least Chiellini. I dont care if i have to meet his buyout clause of £31.5m on that one.

Then i'd like a versitile MC, as ive found that after i sold Seedorf, that i got loads of injurys, and had to go some games without any MC/DM on the bench.

So im gonna have a go at getting one of Fabregas, Raul Garcia, DeRossi, Marchisio & Giovinco.

The thinking behind either a MC or AMC is that Rosina can play MC pretty well, he's a good all rounder.

So i can essentially make him my one of my 1st choice midfield trio if i get an AMC, or my backup AMC if i get a MC. Depending on how the market goes! lol.

Team for next season, minus the areas i need players:

GK: Akinfeev / Cudicini

DL: Pasqual / xxxx

DC: Barzagli / Tuia

DC: Nesta / Bonera

DR: Cassani / Alves

MC: Gatusso / Mascherano

MC: Pirlo / Ambrosini

MC: Rosina / xxxx

AMC: Kaka / Gourcuff

AMC: VDV / xxxx

ST: Pato / Gilardino / Amauri

Targets:

DL: Chiellini (replacement for Oddo, sort of)

DC: Criscito (long term replacement for Nesta)

MC: De Rossi (extra)

MC: Fabregas (extra)

MC: Marchisio (extra)

AMC: Giovinco (extra)

AMC: Raul Garcia (extra)

ST: Bojan (long term replacement for Amauri)

ST: Pazzini (long term replacement for Amauri)

ST: Okaka (long term replacement for Amauri)

The games coaches/scouting system seems odd also.

Got told early in the game by my coaches that Gourcuff was near his potential, no-where near as good as Kaka/VDV.

Its near the end of season two, and now he's 'close to Kakas ability' & 'almost at his potential'. And worth £15m!!! lol.

Wouldnt mind seeing this 4-3-2-1 that carlo sheva has mentioned?

Ive modified my 4-3-2-1 a bit, and seem to be getting better results with it. To the tune of 3-0 against Real & 3-1 against Juve. Although im not sure if thats just my team playing well or if my minor changes have paid off! lol.

How about Javi Martinez? Decent stats to be utilised in either position and one for the future.

I signed Cassani in January, he's been in superb form until he managed to injure himself off the ball somehow. I've been playing him at left-back but he's been pretty decent attacking wise.

p.s. Villa keeps scoring from corners. WHY?

Started a game with Milan, figited around with my budget, and got a massive amount of cash icon_biggrin.gif

Somehow agreed deals for Juves great talents, Marshiso and Giovinco, costing me £27 mill between them icon_cool.gif They'll both come next season. Missed out on Barzagli who chose Barca over me... icon_frown.gif, so I decided that Maldini would be good enough, so I stayed loyal to Il Capitano. Brought Cassani in for £7mill, as he can play both DR and DL and is a great prospect.

Banega was brought in as back up to Pirlo.

I spent the rest of my budget on young u-16 talents like Wijnaldum (Already has lots of 15+ stats in Technical and Mental) and Saivet.

My Main XI looks like this:

(Seedorf out Injured)

GK: Dida (Great reflexes, but kicks the ball out to opposition alot)

DR: Oddo/Cassani (Get lots of passes and assists)

DL: Kaladze (Solid, Moves in to DC if a DC is injured)

DC: Maldini (Been fantastic, shame it's his last season) ©

DC: Nesta (Reads the game sooooo well)

MCl: Ambrosini (Milan's Gerrard, but better icon_biggrin.gif)

MCr: Gattuso (AMs always round him, may reduce closng down)

MC: Emerson (Solid, yet has low condition alot)

AM: Kaka (Consistant, gets tons of assist, scores a fair few aswell)

AM: Pirlo (My best player, dont know how people can't get he best from him, 3 freekicks scored in first 3 games, 5 assists aswell!)

ST: Giladino/Inzaghi (Not scoring as id like them to, but great hold up play)

What do you guys think?

Theres no point imo. He's no better than Kaka and will cost a fortune. VDV ends up being the same as Kaka and is only £13m! lol.

Done my transfer business, and im ready for the 3rd season...

Got Chiellini for his buyout of £31.5m, and paid over the odds for....Fabregas! Yes, i managed to get Fabregas.

I had to stump up for Chiellini before the last game of the season, as Sevilla offered him a new contract, which would no doubt increase his buyout. Which im annoyed about as if they didnt, i recon i could have got him for under £27m.

Anyway, paid that for him, had £16m left in the bank.

Board give me my new transfer budget (without a new item telling me!?) of £116m, of which i spent £45m up front and £15m over 24 months to get Fabregas!

Still got £66m left to spend.

So im aiming for a few good youngsters here and there.

First team squad now:

GK: Akinfeev / Cudicini.

DL: Chiellini / Pasqual.

DC: Barzagli / Bonera.

DC: Nesta / Tuia.

DR: Cassani / Alves.

MC: Gatusso / Mascherano.

MC: Fabregas / Pirlo.

MC: Ambrosini / Rosina.

AMC: Kaka / Rosina.

AMC: VDV / Gourcuff.

ST: Pato / Gilardino / Amauri.

Inzaghi has retired.

Cafu/Maldini are now coaches.

Brocchi, Oddo & Emerson are out on loan.

Jankulovski, Abbiati & Oliveria wont loan out and no-one will bid for them! Even though they are all set to a good 30%+ lower than their value!

Next target, who im considering buying in the January Transfer window is Criscito to replace Nesta.

My squad at Christmas in 2009/2010.

GK: Akinfeev (Dida, Abbiati)

DR: Zaccardo (Cassani)

DL: Traoré (Cassani)

DC: Barzagli, Breno (Nesta, Sakho, Marzoratti)

DM: Miguel Veloso (Pirlo, Gattuso)

MR: Cristiano Ronaldo (Torje, Gourcuff)

ML: Marcelo (Iago, Rosina)

AM: Kaka (Javi Martinez)

ST: Villa, Amauri (Pato, Carroll, Saivet)

currently rotting in the reserves because they refuse to leave are: Kaladze, Oddo, Grimi, Emerson, Aubameyang.

I'm holding onto Pozzi, Astori and Digao just to see how they continue to develop.

Archived