FM11: Benedikt Höwedes

Harryseaess

Benedikt Höwedes

D.O.B: 29/02/1988

Position: DC

Club: FC Schalke 04

23_hoewedes_benedikt.jpg

Benedikt Höwedes (born 29 February 1988 in Haltern) is a German footballer currently playing for FC Schalke 04 in the Bundesliga.

Club Career

Höwedes started playing football in youth teams of Schalke 04 in 2001. In 2003 he became captain of Schalke's Under-19 team, and as a member of that team he won the 2006 German youth championship. In January 2007, he signed a professional contract, which is valid until the end of the 2009–10 season, and joined Schalke's Bundesliga squad in July. Until October of 2007, however, he only played for Schalke's second team in the Oberliga (4th division).

Höwedes' first professional match was in the Champions League on 3 October 2007.

International Career

Höwedes played for Germany national youth teams Under-18 and Under-19 and appeared in all matches up to and including the semi-final at the 2007 UEFA European Under-19 Football Championship. On 5 September 2007, he had his first U-20 national team appearance.

Höwedes is yet to be capped for the German National Team.

Here is a screenshot of Höwedes in 2015:

BenediktHowedes2015.jpg

At the start of FM11, Howedes is only 22, meaning he has plenty of years to become one of the best defenders in the world. He consistently puts in top class performances for my AC Milan team, he also pops up with a few goals.

He is a great option for teams that are looking for a quality yet not too expensive world class defender. I find that he plays best as a central defender/stopper, his attributes seem to fir the bill for that perfectly.

I signed him at the start of the 2013/14 season for £11m.

At the start of the game Höwedes is already very good and can slot in to any top team without any problems.

Fantastic player on my current Wolfsburg game. He has moved to Inter for $13M (UK). I have been trying to unsettle him, but to avail, Inter are rejecting my $13.5M bibs at present. I am going to make another serious attempt at the end of the seaspn.

Great young player but not too expensive? He's not going to cost less than £10m I'd bet, even at the start of the game and he's hasn't been willing to come to any of the clubs I've been managing.

£10m is cheap for a world class defender. I'm not sure how much he costs at the start of the game.

He was great for me in my Leverksen save in FM10 but I have my reservations over his performances at the very top level, 12 composure, decisions and anticipation are pretty average for a so called top class defender. I also prefer my defenders to be a bit more cultured on the ball, for 11m you can do better imho.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived