The Football Manager Regen Faces Database

John Smith

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not bad for a first attempt. You might want to consider the following points though -

* The shadowy parts under your eyebrows are probably due to your fringe covering over. Get a clean shot of yourself with a clean forehead clear of any hair e.g. sweep back your hair.

* Your face is facing more upwards than straight ahead. You might want to adjust the angle in the program.

* The ends of the hair should be where your sideburns are. Try increasing your hair size or decreasing your face size.

Hope that helps.

Looks disproportioned, but I'm not sure how.

Looks good but i think it's the right angles on the edge of the shirt knocking the proportions off. It makes the shoulders look too narrow. Try cutting the image (keep the aspect unchanged) so the angled part of the shoulder drops out of the bottom edge. Then resize back to 180x180 and check the proportions. You'll lose some sharpness but it should give you an idea if the proportions look better.

My latest addition. Quite a bit of tweaking done for the hair to get a good match so feedback for both light/dark skins appreciated.

Would have been sooner but I treated myself to a shiny new 24" LCD in the sales to replace my 10 year old CRT. :cool:

Others available from my link in post 1 above (now with a dinky little slideshow - it's a hoot watching Denzel Washington morph into Ray Winstone...) :D

Richard Pryor

RichardPryorFGFinal.png

With apologies to b.paterson for missing his PM, which strangely only showed up as a new message 8 days after he sent it.

Three versions of the same FaceGen as I couldn't settle on which version I preferred (although seeing them side by side I think the first one just edges it). I also made an animated gif just because I felt like it. The gif won't work in game before anyone asks!

Others available from my link in post 1 above.

As always feedback is appreciated.

b.paterson (forum member) : Smile / Plain / Frown

BPatersonFGFinal-smile.pngBPatersonFGFinal-plain.pngBPatersonFGFinal-frown.pngBPatersonFG-Animation.gif

With apologies to b.paterson for missing his PM, which strangely only showed up as a new message 8 days after he sent it.

Three versions of the same FaceGen as I couldn't settle on which version I preferred (although seeing them side by side I think the first one just edges it). I also made an animated gif just because I felt like it. The gif won't work in game before anyone asks!

Others available from my link in post 1 above.

As always feedback is appreciated.

b.paterson (forum member) : Smile / Plain / Frown

BPatersonFGFinal-smile.pngBPatersonFGFinal-plain.pngBPatersonFGFinal-frown.pngBPatersonFG-Animation.gif

Thats Raoul Moat!

Nice job guys.

Currently using some of these on my regens and staff, including my own manager pic if that's alright. :thup:

Good to hear you're enjoying them. No worries using them for a manager pic, that's why we post them. I've got various regen players and staff plus my own manager pic using these in my game.

If you're feeling brave PM me or one of the guys on the first post and I'm sure we could rustle up a FaceGen of your own pic for you. Assuming of course you've no qualms about it being shared in this thread.

I'm hoping to have another one posted in the next day or two (real life has an annoying habit of getting in the way at the moment).

I'm not feeling that brave, at least not at the moment :o Sorry :D

Would be brilliant to see a few more faces, got a few more players who could do with a better looking face :thup:

Don't know about anyone else but personally my favourite one's are mainly the made up, random faces, some of them are brilliant and fit greatly to regens, love the others as well though :)

Not good at making these myself, don't really have photoshop and stuff like that which helps and i'm just grateful for these anyway, always good to see people helping out others.

I appreciate your work

i don't see nothing there about how to use these pictures for regens. has anyone gots a pack of these and xml? but ids will change in everygame, so, how to force these to be the standard pics for regens to use?

If I understand you you'd like the game to use these automatically for newly generated players? As far as I'm aware that isn't possible. You can add them yourself on a player by player basis by use of a config file which will replace the image for each player you select.

Choose 'Something I've Made Myself' from the thread link I gave in post 77 above. That will take you to [thread=229814]FM2011-XML-(part-of-the-guide-do-not-use-on-it-s-own)[/thread] which will walk you through the process of creating a config file and getting the images to show in game.

As you correctly state id numbers will change every game, so you will have to redo the config file on starting a new game if you use these for regens.

can you please make more from this series? THANK YOU

Do you mean in the same shirts or just random (unknown) player?

I will get back to it soon but have worked 72 hour weeks for the last couple (Damn 12 hour shifts)

Just a little teaser of what's to come...

Let me introduce you to Manny Quinn.

Manny's a cheery soul and he decided to help me out by modelling the latest range of clothing that all the well dressed regens are wearing this season.

PanoramaShirts.png

It seemed to me that a lot of people use these faces for top regens, so why not give them a range of national jerseys to wear? That way, if you have a star Scottish regen (however unlikely!) you can have him in a Scottish jersey. Likewise England, etc. How about some goalkeeper jerseys? A bit of variety in staff pics would be nice as well.

So what is coming is a range of faces (currently 17 and rising) each of which has the 12 variants above. Want Manny as a Welsh regen instead of Scottish? Or Northern Irish? No problem.

Current variants include : Scotland/England/Northern Ireland/Wales national jerseys, Scotland/England goalkeeper tops, three casual shirts and three suit/tie combos. As I create more jerseys, etc. I'll update the existing images with the new jerseys.

I won't post all the images in this thread for obvious reasons (17 x 12 = 204 separate images!). I will however post at least one sample of each face and give a link to the rest via my normal link in post 1. Once I've set the pages up I intend to have these available to download as zip files for each face (about 400K each) and all 17 faces combined (about 6Mb).

Until tomorrow...

Edit : Added 6 more shirt styles 17/02/11 (France / Germany / Holland / Italy / Spain / Sheepskin Jacket! :D)

Manny and friends are here...

A quick note on theses images. When I took this project on I decided I wanted a consistently sized set of images, since this makes the creation of the multiple variants far easier/faster to achieve. On testing with images reduced to 180x180 straight from FaceGen some of the larger OLT hairpack images (notably some of the afro cuts) were getting cut off at the top of the image. Simply moving the face down meant the shirts were barely visible. Therefore I took the decision to reduce the face size further (another 10%). This allows me to get consistent face positions and fit in all hairstyles while showing enough of the shirt to make it visible/identifiable. As most of the time in game only one face is visible at a time this shouldn't be an issue.

As always any feedback is appreciated.

I have 30 of these completed so far, each in 12 styles (360 total images).

I've updated my link in post 1 to contain a main page with links to the head only style images and these shirt style images. The pages are basic but they serve their purpose.

These shirt style images are available in 400K zip files for each face containing all 12 styles and also one 6Mb zip file containing all 204 images to date. I'll keep these updated as more images are produced. The images are named R01, R02, etc. with the R standing for Random (no way I was naming them all!)

Since there's a 4 image limit per post I won't post all variants of each image, only a few samples. I'll post an animated gif occasionally with the samples showing all styles available. The gif is lower quality than the png files but it's an easy way of showing all the variants.

Enjoy...

Manny Quinn (Scotland / England / Northern Ireland / Sample gif)

R01Scotland.pngR01England.pngR01NIreland.pngR01Anim.gif

Archived