Why are you forced to take on rubbish youth players?

I know better than 99% of people how to play FM. Let me assure of that. I've been about on it since 01-02 and management games in general since like 96.

If you know better than 99% of people how to play FM... how come you can't play it?

Instead, when you fail, you blame the game... "it's all SI's fault, the game's broken".

Knowing how to do something and being able to do it are two different things...

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, but Mourinho and Wenger, bless their hearts, don't whine that the game is unrealistic when they lose, now do they? That's saved for really special managers, usually from Italy or Scotland. ;)

If all you did was come in and start threads that said, in essence: "Look at this result! That sucks! :(", no one would be on your case about it (we all feel that way from time to time!). But what you do is start threads that say: "Look at this result! That's totally unrealistic!" When we pick apart what you've said, it all comes down to a very unrealistic viewpoint of what the game should allow you to do (unless what you want the game to do is simply let you win all the time!). And requests that you document either your success or your failures have been met with a complete stonewall on your part, preventing anyone from helping you in any significant way, and leaving many with the conclusion that you simply don't know how to manipulate the mechanics of the game to produce your desired results.

Possibly this is because you've simply gotten used over the years to the more simplistic versions of the game, which didn't demand as much expertise to be successful. I find that just the differences between FM10 and FM11 make the game more demanding; I have to actually pay attention to tactical details rather than playing a "set-it and forget it" tactical scheme and mashing the continue button. I'm guessing that dafuge, who as you probably know was wildly successful with FM10, is finding the same thing true; see his journeyman thread in FM Careers. You may need to change with the times, and be a bit more detail oriented in your approach to the game.

Whether or not that's true, if you want sympathy for your whining, I'd suggest ceasing to suggest that every loss you suffer is the result of some unrealistic or borked feature of the game. If all you want is the cheese to go with it, well then, proceed as you have. <shrug>

Yes, but Mourinho and Wenger, bless their hearts, don't whine that the game is unrealistic when they lose, now do they? That's saved for really special managers, usually from Italy or Scotland. ;)

If all you did was come in and start threads that said, in essence: "Look at this result! That sucks! :(", no one would be on your case about it (we all feel that way from time to time!). But what you do is start threads that say: "Look at this result! That's totally unrealistic!" When we pick apart what you've said, it all comes down to a very unrealistic viewpoint of what the game should allow you to do (unless what you want the game to do is simply let you win all the time!). And requests that you document either your success or your failures have been met with a complete stonewall on your part, preventing anyone from helping you in any significant way, and leaving many with the conclusion that you simply don't know how to manipulate the mechanics of the game to produce your desired results.

Possibly this is because you've simply gotten used over the years to the more simplistic versions of the game, which didn't demand as much expertise to be successful. I find that just the differences between FM10 and FM11 make the game more demanding; I have to actually pay attention to tactical details rather than playing a "set-it and forget it" tactical scheme and mashing the continue button. I'm guessing that dafuge, who as you probably know was wildly successful with FM10, is finding the same thing true; see his journeyman thread in FM Careers. You may need to change with the times, and be a bit more detail oriented in your approach to the game.

Whether or not that's true, if you want sympathy for your whining, I'd suggest ceasing to suggest that every loss you suffer is the result of some unrealistic or borked feature of the game. If all you want is the cheese to go with it, well then, proceed as you have. <shrug>

exactly! The game needs you to 'manage' it, it's a 'manager simulation' after all... if you want to 'plug and play' then you're playing the wrong game!

Archived