[FM11] Can't get enough of that wonderful Clough!

Paggioram

Season 15/16 - Droylsden - Pre Season update

Ok this is the first pre season as a professional club and sitting in league 2. So far the hardest thing has been to recruit players. With both Michael Symes leaving the club at the end of his contract and Arnaud Mendy has left the club for Boavista. Arriving at Droylsden are four players to date with two on loan Joe Andrew (Blackpool) and Tom Hudson (Wolves) joining the club on full time deals are Adrian Jones and Bradley Jordan. Still no money has been spent but Joe Coll my Ireland u21 keeper has agreed a new deal at the club but during pre season we have lost Jon McShane for 5 months with a torn calf muscle.

All of our pre-season games were played at home.

vs Watford - Lost 0-1

vs Hereford - Drew 0-0

vs Bury - Drew 1-1 - Goal Scorer: McShane

vs Wigan - Drew 1-1 - Goal Scorer: Prutton

vs Chelsea Res - Lost 0-2

I am worried by the lack of goals but the battle is ahead of us. I need more strength but this is a very important season.

Once more unto the breach my friends... Lets all live this Droylsden dream (sorry for using it Giogio).

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok just had a strange thing happen on my season and see what you guys think to this. Mick McCarthy manager of 7th place in the Prem Sunderland leaves them to take the Reigns at bottom of the Championship QPR. Is it just me who finds that one odd?

haha no problem, use that slogan as you will! Your living the dream with Droylsden more than I did anyways!

Congrats on becoming professional and reaching league 2. Great achievement. What is your aim for the club?

Mick McCarthy thing is odd...maybe its down to money....football is an odd beast though, just look at Newcastle in real life!

We are have just dropped into 7th on league 2 as we have had a bad spell but have been in top 3 most of the season. I think my Droylsden dream is coming to a end as I have been faviourite for about three jobs this season 2 in league 2 (Luton and Wycombe) and 1 in BSP (Port Vale). I think it is going to become harder to resist that big move.

Season 15/16 - Droylsden - Landmark Moment

Droylsden Manager Joe Page will celebrate his 200th game in charge of Droylsden against Brentford at Griffin Park.

When asked about the match Page had to say "This is a great honour for me to still be manager of this fantastic club. However both myself and the squad are looking at getting another 3 points and also my 100th victory as Droylsden manager"

Season 15/16 - Droylsden - Half Season Review

Ok what was looking like a Droylsden dream season it is slowly becoming a knightmare that cannot end soon enough unless I find a way to drag the team up and maybe find a little bit of pure quality for league 2.

League

To many of you I would assume that you think I am having a amazing season as I am a newly promoted club and the first season ever in League 2 as I am sitting in 9th and 5 points off the play offs but 21 points above the relegation zone however for the majority of the season we have been in the play offs or sitting as high as 2nd for a long period however November and December have taken their toll on the squad and some seriously inconsistant form is causing consern.

Highlight in the league is a 4-1 victory away at Top of the league Chesterfield.

Played 24 Won 11 Drew 5 Lost 8 For 42 Agg 38 GD +4 Pts 38

Stand out performers are:

Joe Andrews with 8 goals in the league and Adrian Jones with 7 Goals and Miles Hoyte and Arron Davies with 6 goals each.

Adrian Jones has 6 Assists with Joe Andrews has 5 assists also Danny Carlton has 5 assists.

Joe Andrews also has a Ave Rating of 8.01 with Daniel Boateng with 7.42 and Adrian Jones with 7.42

Cup

Well back to form after the heroics last season and a really bad Cup run so here we go.

JPT 1st Round North

vs Stockport (H) - Lost 1-2

Goal Scorer: Jones

Carling Cup 1st Round

vs Stoke (A) - Lost 0-3

FA Cup 1st Round

vs Barnet (H) - Lost 0-1

Manager Thoughts

This has been a very difficult season and that might seem like I am taking the micky but I am not. If you are in a relegation battle you know who are your soliders to fight the battle for you and help you fight free. However we started very well but hit a slump that means we could go any of two ways which is we find our form again and battle back or we drop like a stone and then in a relegation battle with no form or morale which is the worst thing possible.

I am confident that I can find the way to get our form back but we need to sign some more experience at this level to force our way back. Hope you all have your dingers crossed that we can recover from this and push ourself back into the top 7.

Season 15/16 - Droylsden - End of Season Review

League

After a brilliant start to the season that saw us sitting in either the automatic promotion spots or the play offs suddenly the month of November arrived and a serious loss of form. In all my time at Droylsden I have never seen such a bad run of form. From November 5th Droylsden would only win 5 more games that season however the points in the first half of the season meant we were never in a relegation battle which was something to at least be pleased about.

We ended the season in 17th which is something that I am happy with as it was a mid table finish. Cheltenham, Stockport, Bournmouth and Rochdale will be playing League 1 next season while Accrington and Morecombe are off to Blue Square Premier.

League

Progress

Cup

I have nothing else to say about the cups like I said in the half season update as we were eliminated in all the cups at the first step with only 1 goal total in the cups.

Squad

This is hard because I really should be proud of the squad as they did do better than they were expected to do in the league so well done guys.

So players of mention are...

Top Rated: Adrian Jones

Top Scorer, Assister and POTY: Joe Andrews

Special mention as every club were worried about him: Arron Davies

Goal of the Season

Team Goal of the season:

Goal of the season:

Around the world

Premierleague: Well Premier League champions has no longer being dominated by Manchester as Liverpool are champions of England. So Liverpool have qualified for the Champions League with Arsenal (League Runners up) Manchester City (3rd and European Champions) and finally Manchester United (4th). Qualified for the Europa league are Derby, Aston Villa and West Ham. FA Cup was won by Derby and the League Cup won by West Ham, The JPT won by Charlton, FA Trophy won by Farnborough and the Community shild won by Manchester United.

Leaving the Premier League are: West Ham, Swansea and Blackpool

Joining Premier League are: Middlesborough, Stoke and Hull

La Liga: Won by Barcelona with Real Madrid in second and At. Madrid in 3rd. Also the Copa Del Rey was won by Barcelona.

SPL: Won by Celtic with Rangers finishing second. Hearts took the Scottish Cup.

Champions League: Man City champions after a 1-0 won against Real Madrid.

Europa League: Leverkusen champions after a Penalty victory over Dynamo Kyiv it was 1-1 after 90 mins

Super Cup: Chelsea won 4-0 against Benfica.

Manager Thoughts

There is no way that I can be unhappy with the season as we have stayed up and looking at my history I always seem to have my promotion push during the second season so I am really hoping for that as I have agreed a new one year deal. Again also 17th in League 2 is a record finish for the club. There is not much else that I really want to say about this season.

Season 16/17 - Droylsden - nPower Football League 2

Board Expectations

League - Fight Bravely against relegation

FA Cup - 1st Round

JPT - Enjoy the experience

Media Pred: 24th (out of 24)

Transfer Budget - £11,056

Wage Budget - 11,780 p/w

Wage Total - 11,592 p/w

Manager Thoughts

Ok first of all the chairman is investing in expanding the groud with 1,500 more standing places so these open in December so I hope that this will increase the revenue at the club. Onto the season leaving us this season are McShane, Carlton (Retired), Kozluk (Retired becoming coach). Joining me though is African warriors legend Metsi. I really hope that this will be a great season for us and we improve on 17th and maybe try and push for the playoffs. So onward once more to this new season.

Season 16/17 - Droylsden - Pre Season update

This has been one of the most positive pre seasons that we have had and there has been very little movement on the transfer front. Carlton, McShane and Bah have left the club with the full time arrival of Dingaan Metsi from Partick Thistle but he was my star striker from African Warriors and also the arrival of Michael King who started his career at Burnley but has travelled around but I think he will fit in.

During this pre season we have played three friendlies:

vs Stirling (H) - Won 2-0 - Goal Scorers: Davies, Hoyte

vs Fulham (H) - Won 3-1 - Goal Scorers: Boateng (2), Hoyte

vs Tiverton (A) - Won 4-2 - Goal Scorers: Boateng, Barton (og), Metsi (2)

Lets hope that what we have done in pre season can work onto the new season.

Season 16/17 - Droylsden - Carling Cup 2nd Round Special

After victory against Bradford in Round one saw Premier League New boys Hull City visit The Butchers Arms Ground and here is what happened.

Team Sheet

The players that Hull bought with them to Droylsden were players like Paul McShane, Dean Lewington and Sean Scannell.

Match Stats

Shots: Droylsden: 18 Hull: 8

On Target: Droylsden: 10 Hull: 3

Clear Cut: Droylsden: 8 Hull: 0

Possession: Droylsden: 56% Hull: 44%

Scores

Half Time: 1 - 0 Droylsden

Full Time: 4 - 0 Droylsden

Goal Scorers: Andy Davies (2), Dingaan Metsi, Bradley Jordan

Attendance: 2685

Referee: Martin Atkinson

Highlights:

3rd Round Draw

So the only team that is lower than the Championship will make their way to the Stadium of Light and Premier League Sunderland. This will be a big day and a big match for little Droylsden.

Manager Thoughts

I really do not know what to say. I am so so proud of this squad. I know Hull in the league have lost all their games and have not scored but this was not forseen by me. I really hoped that we could sneak a win but to win 4-0 is amazing. Shame the TV cameras were not here.

I am going to enjoy this moment and hope that we can push on in the league also but a great day for little Droylsden.

Season 16/17 - Droylsden - Half Season update

Got to say this has been a very special first half of the season and the best in Droylsden's history. In December the expansion of The Butchers Arms Ground has been completed giving us a capacity of over 4000 now so that should improve the revenue.

League

This has been a incredible season so far and at the half way point sees Droylsden sitting very nice in 2nd. Additionally Droylsden are only 2 points of league leaders Shrewbury and 6 points clear of Third place Crewe. With two players arriving as full transfers and three on loan and with four leaving the squad is very much like it was last season but we are exceeding everything that I expected and need to carry on in the same way for the second half of the season.

Played: 25 Won: 14 Drew: 9 Lost: 2 For: 45 Against: 18 Goal Difference: +27 Pts: 51

League standout players:

Leading Scorer: Dingaan Metsi 10 Goals, Alan Higgs 6 Goals, Mark Hingley 6 Goals

Leading Assists: Alan Higgs 7 Assists, Andy Davies 6 Assists, Tom Hudson, Dingaan Metsi, Conor Hourihane 4 Assists

Leading Ratings: Mark Hingley 7.57, Andy Davies 7.51, Dingaan Metsi 7.42

Cup

I am just going to let the results speak for themselves.

FA Cup

1st Round

vs Wrexham (H) - Won - 3-1

Goal Scorers: Higgs, Hoyte, Isgrove

2nd Round

vs Grimsby (A) - Won - 3-0

Goal Scorers: Isgrove, Prutton, Higgs

In round 3 Championship team Swindon Town will visit the Butchers Arms Ground.

Carling Cup

1st Round

vs Bradford (H) - Won - 3-0

Goal Scorers: Threlfall og, Jones, Davies

2nd Round

vs Hull (H) - Won - 4-0

Goal Scorers: Davies (2), Metsi, Jordan

3rd Round

vs Sunderland (A) - Lost - 1-3

Goal Scorers: Jones

JPT

1st Round North

vs Bradford (A) - Drew - 0-0 - Won - 4-1 after pens

2nd Round North

vs Macclesfield (A) - Won - 1-0

Goal Scorer: Higgs

3rd Round North

vs Notts County (A) - Drew - 2-2 - Lost - 2-4 after pens

Goals Scorers: Higgs, Hoyte

Manager Thoughts

We have played well so far and even if we hit a wobble I really think we should still make the playoffs and really challenge for a promotion. The way that we have been performing has far exceeded everything that I expected and again we have had another good couple of cup runs. What would be nice is we keep our league form going and go up automatic and who knows if we keep going maybe even Champions but I would love to add the scalp of Swindon and challenge another Premier League team and get some more cash in the coffers. So lets go on and see what the second half brings and I hope to do some FA Cup specials.

• 2 weeks later...

Season 16/17 - Droylsden - End of Season Review

League

Well after the brilliant first half of the season then the second half of the season happened.

So what happened during the Second half of the season was well err unbelievable as Droylsden walked away as nPower League 2 Champions with a record points score of 99 and a manager of the year award.

After how the first half of the season went I really did not think that we could do it again and keep it going for the second half but we just got stronger and stronger as the season progressed and we were never lower than third all season. So League 1 here we come.

League

Progress

Cup

Well I have given you all the updates on the cups in the earlier updates.

Squad

I am really really proud of each and everyone of them as we were expected to finish bottom and then we went on to win the title.

The three main stars that I wish to highlight are:

My Centre Halves: Mark Hingley who was POTY and Joe Smith

Also my on-loan Left Winger: Andy Davies who I will try and get on loan again next season.

Goals of the season

Manager Thoughts

All I will say is Champions and see you next season.

Season 17/18 - Droylsden - nPower Football League 1

Board Expectations

League - Fight Bravly against relegation

FA Cup - 2nd Round

Carling Cup - Enjoy Participating

JPT - 2nd Round

Transfer Budget - £16k

Wage Budget - £23,954 p/w

Wage Total - £16,476 p/w

Manager Thoughts

Well last season was nothing short of awesome with us being Champions and also being named manager of the year. Also finally I am one of Droylsden's Faviourite personel which is nice so on to this season and what is ahead of us. League 1 is going to be tough so my first season has to be to stay up and then push on from there. Also lets see if we can carry Giant killing or are we now a giant that people want to kill. This is a tough season.

Thanks mate. I have signed on for another year but the board have told me that they will not expand the stadium any more even though we always fill it at 4000 and also they are refusing me a youth team as they want me to buy players already developed.

This is going to be difficult but looking forward to it.

Season 17/18 - Droylsden - Pre Season update

OK during pre season we have seen the full time arrival of Tom Hudson who had been on loan with us for the past two seasons. However also arriving is King Gyan and Shwan Jalal also on loan again is Andy Davies and a loan for Andrew Bates.

The pre season friendlies went very well

vs Reading (H) - Won 3-0 (Jordan, Hines o.g and Davies)

vs Cardiff (H) - Won 2-1 (Dagnall, Smith)

vs Peterhead (A) - Won 1-0 (Metsi)

vs Inverness CT(H) - Won 3-0 (Davies (2), Metsi)

Thank you brFM2011. So far I have started OK and am sitting just outside the playoffs.

I really need the board to wake up and invest in the infastructure so that I can build the club. The fact I got no youngsters and they are not intrested in us having youngsters does annoy me though.

Season 17/18 - Droylsden - End of Season Review

League

Another really good season for Droylsden in our first season in nPower League 1. It was a up and down season that has seen the club finish 4th in the league and seal a play off spot with the chance of Droylsden fighting in the Championship. This was a difficult league this season featuring teams like Ipswich, Doncaster, Millwall, Reading and Leicester.

With very little recruitment through this season just the fact that we made the play offs was a real joy for the club.

Play offs

League 1 Play off Semi Final 1st Leg

vs Doncaster (A) - Won 4-0

Goal Scorers: Jones (2), Hingley, Charles

League 1 Play off Semi Final 2nd Leg

vs Doncaster (H) - Lost 1-2

Goal Scorer: Davies

Droylsden win 5-2 on Agg

League 1 Play off Final

vs Preston (N) - Won 2-0

Goal Scorers: Charles, Jones

Highlights:

Droylsden Promoted to Championship

nPower League 1

Progress

Cup

JPT North 2nd Round

vs Bradford (A) - Lost 0-1

Carling Cup 1st Round

vs Blackpool (A) - Lost 1-2

Goal Scorer: Metsi

FA Cup 1st Round

vs Barnet (H) - Drew 1-1

Goal Scorer: Hingley

FA Cup 1st Round replay

vs Barnet (A) - Lost 1-3

Goal Scorer: Hucker

So there was no real giant killings but with what happened in the league I am not to annoyed by things.

Squad

As the club moves up the leagues there has still been no real serious investment and still I have not paid out a transfer fee for any player as everyone has been on loan or free.

Players of notes have been:

Our Player of the year Andy Davies this is a player that I would love to bring in full time next season and might attempt to spend some money on him.

Our top scorer was also a youngster who I bought in for the future and not really for this season Gianluca Ferrini

Special mention goes to Conor Hourihane

Goal of the season

- This was voted as a goal of the month for League 1

Manager Thoughts

Well I have signed up for another year at Droylsden and we have made the Championship and that really is something to be proud of. There is nothing else I want to say about this season just yet again I am proud of them.

Season 18/19 - Droylsden - nPower Football League Championship

Board Expectations

FA Cup - 3rd Round

Carling Cup - Enjoy Participating

Transfer Budget - £982k

Wage Budget - £35,844 p/w

Wage Total - £28,529 p/w

Manager Thoughts

This is going to be a real battle of a season. The board have decided to spend 1.3 million on another 1000 seats so capacity will be just under 6000. They have given us a decent transfer budget but if I spend it then the club go into debt.

I am looking forward to this challenge and also the fact that I am a National manager rep maybe the bigger clubs will come knocking. So here we go.

• 3 weeks later...

Season 18/19 - Droylsden - End of Season Review

League

Another season where the mighty Droylsden have surprised a few people with a nice and very confortable 18th place finish.

A major plus point is the fact that we never really flirted and at no time where we ever in the relegation zone which was something special for this little club. The experience that Nicky Maynard and Anton Ferdinand bought to the club was invaluble and really helped with the overall developement that the club has gone through and they were both very solid in their roles which pushed the club on.

League

Progress

Cup

Not much to say in either cup with exit in round 2 of the Carling Cup against old friends Fulham and a 3rd round exit in the FA cup there is nothing more I can say.

Squad

The whole squad all worked well together as they are not really world beaters as people have seen and still not much was spent on the squad.

The two stand out players for me were:

Conor Hourihane and George Scott

Goal of the season

- Great goal from my stand out star who I took direct from the Conference North club to play direct in the championship and he was outstanding.

Manager Thoughts

This team still surprises me but now I need some youth to come in and re start and re build the club again. I have agreed for another year but I think that big move to a Premier League club might be just around the corner.

As I say another outstanding season so lets move on to the next.

Season 19/20 - Droylsden - nPower Football League Championship

Board Expectations

FA Cup - 3rd Round

Carling Cup - 2nd Round

Transfer Budget - £1.7m

Wage Budget - £55,285 p/w

Wage Total - £47,500 p/w

Manager Thoughts

OK why have I stayed at the club simple things are finally starting to happen at the club. We have been turned down planning permission for a new ground but we are now expanding our ground by another 600 seats which gives us a capacity of 6000 but still no undersoil heating. However the board have finally agreed to improve our training facilities for the first time so they are not the same standard as a Conference side.

I am doing the old Man Utd thing and bringing in youngsters as it is time for a little reboot but again I do expect us to improve on last season's 18th. This is not going to be easy I know that but here we go again.

Breaking News!!!

The Giantkilers are back!

The latest scalp comes in the Carling Cup Second Round with the scalp of Premier League Sunderland after a 2-1 win

The heros are Ceccarini and Holmes.

So onto the Third Round we are Home to Stoke of the Premier League

BREAKING NEWS - PAGE LEAVES DROYLSDEN!

After about 7 years in charge of the Bloods the love affair is finally over as manager Joe Page leaves Droylsden to take over the challenge of Championship Bolton Wanderers.

Droylesden the Carling Cup quarter finalists are said to be disappointed but have wished their former manager the best of luck and thanks for taking them as far as he has.

Page is quoted as saying that he is sad to leave Droylsden but would be happy to return one day but needed to make the move as he felt he had taken them as far as he could and was looking forward to the new challenges ahead that he would face at the Reebok Stadium.

I think I could have just been a big fish at Droylsden and keep them overachieving but I just decided as Bolton were below me in the Championship they are a massive club and gives me some new challenges that I am looking forward to. Droylsden just appointed Leroy Lita as my replacment so lets see what happens there now.

Season 19/20 - Bolton - End of Season Review

League

Well the move has taken place and I am now the manager of Bolton Wanderers and I joined this sleeping giant in December with the team sitting in 19th and looking dead in the water. As I looked at this team I saw the core of a brilliant team and the players I wish I had at Droylsden. So what happened then was we picked up a 17 game undefeated streak and victory against 4th place Leeds at Elland Road and defeat for Crystal Palace put my Bolton side into 6th and into the play offs.

I never in a million years expected this to happen and see us in the playoffs. My objective in my head was safe in mid table an look at a push next season but we shocked them all and came from nowhere.

League

Progress

Play-Offs

Playoffs Semi Final 1st Leg

vs Blackpool (H) - Won 2 - 1

Goal Scorers: Green, O'Shea

Playoffs Semi Final 2nd Leg

vs Blackpool (A) - Drew 0 - 0

Bolton win 2-1 on Aggregate

Playoff Final

vs Hull - Won 2 - 1

Goal Scorers: O'Shea, Sudic

Bolton promoted and return to the Premier League for the first time since season 2012/2013

Cup

Nothing to say about Bolton in the cups as I was only in charge for the FA Cup and that was a 4th Round Exit away at Leeds.

However going back to Droylsden in the League Cup that saw me and Droylsden eliminate from the contest Doncaster (1-1 Penalty win), Sunderland (2-1), Stoke (3-2), Arsenal (3-0), West Ham (2-1).

Once Lita took over they lost the Semi Final to Man City.

Squad

What I had at Bolton was a brilliant Keeper, two Brilliant Centre Halves one of which is one of my standout stars Jasmin Sudic, Also I had two good midfielders but my stars were two outstanding goalscorers including Nathan Delfouneso and Bjorn Goes.

I am sure that with the players that I am keeping that we will be strong enough to stay in the top flight and you know what I do like to upset the big boys so who knows.

Previous Clubs

Ok on a very sad note Droylsden who were secure and safe when I left had such a bad run in the league under Leroy Lita and they have been relegated back to League one. I hope this is not the start of the big slide down the leagues and that Leroy can turn it around.

Manager Thoughts

I am amazed at what I have done with Bolton and also what we did with Droylsden in the League Cup. I am looking forward to finally being a premier league manager and also seeing what we can do and lets see if I can restore some credit to Bolton Wanderers and see what the future holds. I must say my hunger for this is back and I am looking forward to these new challenges.

Season 20/21 - Bolton - Barclays Premier League

Board Expectations

FA Cup - 4th Round

Carling Cup - 3rd Round

Media Pred: 20th (out of 20)

Transfer Budget - £15m

Wage Budget - £145,285 p/w

Wage Total - £130,500 p/w

Manager Thoughts

As I have said previously this is not going to be easy but I have kept my squad together. However I have spent 8.5m on some quality with experience of top flight or international football including Miles Addison from Derby and Lago from Dortmund. I also pulled off a real coup beating Barcelona, Man Utd and Man City to the signature of wonderkid Diogo Tavares from Sporting he is the 18 year old sensation that is being hailed as the new Messi.

I think this will be one hell of a great season with ups and downs but I really have no doubts that we will stay up and we will fight for every point.

BREAKING NEWS - PAGE TAKES UP INTERNATIONAL MANAGEMENT

In breaking news Bolton Wanderers Manager Joe Page has taken the role as the new manager of Canada.

In a interview Page said "I will take up both roles of Bolton manager and Canada manager. I am proud at the chance to take charge of the Canadian Football team and look forward to the challenges that are ahead of both me at Bolton and Canada and raising the profile of the Canadian football federation and team."

Archived