[FM11] [Newcastle FC] - We've got something up our Slieve (Donard)

JonnyCurrie

Quite a hammering you took against Bordeaux and Madrid in Champions League. Got a nice healthy bank balance to show for it now :)

Now to get the stadium up to a 4 figure capacity!

Ha! I can tell you it hasn't been much different with the teams I got in this years CL group. Although we did provide probably the biggest upset of the tournament so far in our very first group match. :)

In terms of the stadium, it's been incredibly frustrating but purely down to lack of crowds. Which is strange considering other teams lower in the league get more supporters showing up. Thankfully over the past year or so we've started filling out the small 600 capacity stadium so it shouldn't be too long before we can expand it. :D

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

slievedonard.jpg

Newcastle FC - Northern Irish Premiership - 2024/25

Media Prediction: 1st

Season Summary:

After last season's unbeaten run I felt we could take it to the next level. I was a bit too ambitious. I don't know whether the league (due to it constantly getting a higher rating season after season) is staying competitive in spite of our progress or because of something I'm doing wrong. Our league form wasn't bad or anything but just should have been better in my book. Again we very much disappointed in the cup competitions, especially the Irish Cup and the All-Ireland Cup.

Co.Antrim Shield - Quarter-Final

Irish League Cup - Winners!

Irish FA Cup - 5th Round

All-Ireland Cup - Semi-Final

Champions League - Group Stage

League Table/Season Position Graph - Finished 1st

Key Players

Andre Pollock - Our new hero at the back, very young and a class act for our league.

Arnaud Poiret - Been with us for four seasons now and he's become more and more important each season. A great servant and comes up with important goals.

Will Keane - Costing a few bob more than most with wages but he's a good striker and without the 4-5 months he missed with a broken leg, he would have really been great.

-------------

First Team Squad

Transfers

Finances

Staff

Club Info

Facilities

Affiliates

Honours History

End of season manager profile/

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next season:

Despite constantly being told I wouldn't get an expansion or a new stadium, they have decided to expand it regardless. We will play our matches in Newry's 4000 seater stadium next season and we also will have our training and youth facilities upgraded again for a whopping £8million.

Still no good youngsters coming through. :(

We are now ranked 72th in Europe on Coefficients and Premiership itself is now classed as 2.5 stars (1 star when I began.) :D

elsewhereThisSeason.png

England

Premier League - Man Utd

Relegated: Leicester, Middlesbrough, Preston

Championship - Cardiff (Winners), Norwich (Promoted), Sunderland (Play-off Winners)

Relegated: Burnley, Peterborough, Notts Co.

League One - Crewe (Winners), Millwall (Promoted), Coventry (Play-off Winners)

Relegated: Scunthorpe, Northampton, Bradford, Chesterfield

League Two - Barnet (Winners), Hartlepool (Promoted), Gateshead (Promoted), Kettering (Play-off Winners)

Relegated: Carlisle, Alfreton

Conference National - Welling (Winners), Cambridge (Play-off Winners)

Relegated: Farnborough, Tamworth, Worcester, Altrincham

Conference North - Bradford PA (Winners), Nuneaton (Play-off Winners)

Relegated: Boston Utd, Workington, Eastwood

Conference South - Cheltenham (Winners), Havant & W (Play-off Winners)

Relegated: Hereford, Hastings Utd, St. Albans

FA Cup - Chelsea

League Cup - Southampton

Community Shield - Arsenal

Football League Trophy - Millwall

FA Trophy - Tranmere

Scotland

SPL - Rangers

Relegated: Hamilton

First Division - Falkirk

Relegated: Arbroath

Second Division - East Fife

Relegated: Montrose, East Stirlingshire

Third Division - Forfar (Winners), Elgin (Play-Off Winners)

FA Cup - Rangers

League Cup - Rangers

Challenge Cup - Dumbarton

Ireland

Premier League - Galway Utd

Relegated: Longford, Wexford

First Division - Cork City Foras, Mervue Utd

FA Cup - Shamrock Rovers

League Cup - Galway Utd

Munster Senior Cup - Waterford Utd

Wales

Premier League - Llanelli

Relegated: Port Talbot

FA Cup - Llanelli

League Cup - Llanelli

Northern Ireland

Premier League - Newcastle FC

Relegated: Coleraine, Carrick

Championship One - Dungannon (Winners), Larne (Play-off Winners)

Relegated: Newington, Annagh Utd

Championship Two - Ballyclare (Winners), Lower Maze (Promotion)

Relegated: Lurgan Celtic, Ballymoney Utd

FA Cup - Crusaders

League Cup - Newcastle FC

Co.Antrim Shield - Ballymena Utd

Steel Cup - Ballyclare

Intermediate Cup - Newry

Mid-Ulster Cup - Armagh

All-Ireland Cup* - Galway Utd

Will be less detail for these as they are just read-only so I'll just tell you the winners..

France

Ligue 1 - Lyon

Coupe de France - FC Sete 34

Coupe de la Ligue - Lyon

Trophee de Champions - Lyon

Germany

Bundesliga - FC Bayern

DFB-Pokal - FC Bayern

Netherlands

Eredivisie - Heerenveen

KNVB-Beker - Heerenveen

Johan Cruijff Schaal - Ajax

Italy

Seria A - Genoa

Coppa Italia - Fiorentina

Supercoppa - Genoa

Spain

La Liga - Barcelona

Copa del Ray - Racing

Supercopa - Real Madrid

European Trophies & World Club Cup

World Club - Man Utd

Supercup - Man Utd

Europa League - Inter

Champions League - Lyon

Bet you were feeling pretty bullish after 2 wins from 2 in the first couple of CL group stage games! Shame about the rest, eh ;)

Ha! Exactly my friend. Kind of thought, "well sod it! we've done better than expected already, just keeping roaming forward." - whoops! :D

Well done on getting the league rep up. That's a big improvement

Cheers buddy, it's coming along nicely.

Awesome, new stadium and a win against Bayern :D Enjoying this very much!

Unfortunately it's not a new stadium, just shared it. We're now back a Shimna College which is now 1000+. Hopefully we can keep expanding it because this season has taught me that with success comes higher wages etc and now I'm not really making much profit anymore.

slievedonard.jpg

Newcastle FC - Northern Irish Premiership - 2025/26

Season Summary:

Going to change the format of the write-up slightly.

The league was pretty put on the back-burner for the entire season. I pretty much skimmed through every match and the lead we established tended to make that the only sensible thing to do since it appeared nobody could challenge us. Not unbeaten but pretty much unstoppable.

Co.Antrim Shield - Winners! - An easy tournament this season, although we normally don't even try for this trophy.

Irish League Cup - Runners-up - Disappointing to make the final only to not perform and not even get a goal.

Irish FA Cup - 5th Round - Again, it's beginning to feel like a cursed/boggy cup for us. We never perform it seems.

All-Ireland Cup - Winners! - One of the three trophies I always set out to win and after a great run with a lot of goals to get us to the final, we enjoyed the experience of a 50,000 stadium full to the rafters witnessing us crush the opposition.

Europa League - 1st Knockout Round - After the great achievement of not finishing bottom of the group, we got the hardest draw for this tournament stage and to be fair, I think the players played out of their skins to only go down by one goal to the mighty Madrid.

Champions League - Group Stage - A real fun experience and we went well beyond any expectations.

Key Players

Andre Pollock - Rising in reputation and thankfully I have him under contract until 2030 so shouldn't be forced for a while to sell him.

Craig Janes - One of few buys to be over £100k but he's a good player and strengthened the squad.

Daniele Noviello - Quite of chunky wage for our club but he's a superstar for our level and as you can see, not only a great defender but scored a silly amount of goals from headers. I await the accusation I've found some sort of corner exploit! :p (Been using the same corner routine for the last three/four seasons so it can only be him that's changed anything.) He also picked up this award.

Leon Birch - Coming to the end of his career but I'm glad he's stopped off at Shimna College to delight our fans before he hangs up his boots. :D

Marcos Antonio - Bought for peanuts (literally £2k or something) and now won't sign a new contract. Pretty sure I'll have to sell him in the January window next season at the latest to avoid losing him for nothing.

Mathis Miniconi - A free transfer a season or two ago that has really developed nicely. A great future ahead I feel.

Miroslav Hanus - Another player bought for peanuts and has grown immensely for us. He picked this up at the end of the season.

Sergio Pujol - Another midfielder brought in on a free who has proven he should have been given a chance.

Will Keane - Another solid season for the veteran.

-------------

First Team Squad

Transfers

Finances

Staff

Club Info

Facilities

Affiliates

Honours History

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next season:

I'm happy with the progress of the club at the minute. The problem I'm pretty sure that is around the corner is holding on to the better players. That will be a testing period when I decide to move them on and for what sort of deal.

In terms of the club as a whole, our facilities have had investment over the last few seasons so no complaints there but we do need to keep expanding the stadium.

It would also be nice if we could get the odd youngster coming through who has the potential to make the first team (considering the standard isn't exactly world class or anything) so that I could get to the stage where I could rely on the youngsters forming the back-up of the squad.

elsewhereThisSeason.png

England

Premier League - Man City

Relegated: Cardiff, Norwich, Leeds

Championship - Preston (Winners), Leicester (Promoted), Middlesbrough (Play-off Winners)

Relegated: Hull, Reading, Crewe

League One - Burnley (Winners), Ipswich (Promoted), Peterborough (Play-off Winners)

Relegated: Swindon, Kettering, Gateshead, Hartlepool

League Two - Dag & Red (Winners), Southend (Promoted), Oxford (Promoted), Luton (Play-off Winners)

Relegated: Brentford, Port Vale

Conference National - Oldham (Winners), Fleetwood (Play-off Winners)

Relegated: Hyde, Dorchester, Accrington, Billericay

Conference North - Stockport (Winners), Stalybridge (Play-off Winners)

Relegated: Nantwich, Hednesford, Worksop

Conference South - Braintree (Winners), Woking (Play-off Winners)

Relegated: Chelmsford, Wealdstone, Gloucester.

FA Cup - Liverpool

League Cup - Liverpool

Community Shield - Chelsea

Football League Trophy - Birmingham

FA Trophy - Ebbsfleet

Scotland

SPL - Celtic

Relegated: Ross County

First Division - Hamilton

Relegated: Queen of the South

Second Division - Forfar

Relegated: Alloa, Stenhousemuir

Third Division - Dunfermline (Winners), Livingston (Play-Off Winners)

FA Cup - Celtic

League Cup - Dundee Utd

Challenge Cup - Hamilton Utd

Ireland

Relegated: Cork City Foras

First Division - Wexford

Relegated: Carlow

FA Cup - St.Pats Athletic

League Cup - Derry City

Wales

Premier League - Llanelli

Relegated: TNS

FA Cup - Newtown

League Cup - Haverfordwest

Northern Ireland

Relegated: Ballymena

Championship One - Coleraine

Relegated: Ballyclare, Loughgall

Championship Two - Armagh (Winners), Newington (Promotion)

Relegated: Knockbreda, Dromara

FA Cup - Balliamallard Utd

League Cup - Crusaders

Co.Antrim Shield - Newcastle FC

Steel Cup - Crusaders Reserves

Intermediate Cup - Newry

Mid-Ulster Cup - Newry

All-Ireland Cup* - Newcastle FC

Will be less detail for these as they are just read-only so I'll just tell you the winners..

France

Ligue 1 - Lyon

Coupe de France - Nevers Football

Coupe de la Ligue - Toulouse

Germany

Bundesliga - Schalke

DFB-Pokal - Schalke

Netherlands

Eredivisie - Feyenoord

KNVB-Beker - Heerenveen

Johan Cruijff Schaal - Ajax

Italy

Seria A - Palermo

Coppa Italia - Inter

Supercoppa - Fiorentina

Spain

La Liga - Barcelona

Copa del Ray - Real Madrid

Supercopa - Barcelona

World Club - Internacional

Supercup - Lyon

Europa League - Aston Villa

Champions League - Barcelona

worldcup.png

World Cup 2026

Hosts: Mexico

Quarter-Finals:

Poland 0 - 3 Brazil

Germany 3 - 2 Italy

France 0 - 3 Spain (after extra-time)

Ghana 0 - 6 Portugal

Semi-Finals:

Brazil 2 - 1 Portugal

Germany 0 - 2 Spain

3rd/4th:

Portugal 1 - 3 Germany

Final:

Brazil 2 - 1 Spain

slievedonard.jpg

Newcastle FC - Northern Irish Premiership - 2026/27

Season Summary:

Again we didn't really pay much attention to the league unless we felt the points difference wasn't as comfortable as we'd like. A lot of rotating, a lot of inconsistency. Wasn't as good as last season in the league but still finished well ahead of the Crues in 2nd place.

The other major thing I had to do this season was sell some of our best players. Some who became too hard to handle regarding a move to a bigger club and some who's contracts ran out in 6 months and wouldn't even consider staying.

Co.Antrim Shield - Quarter-Final - Extra-time loss to the Crues. No biggie.

Irish League Cup - Winners! - A final to bore you to tears but the opposition never had a chance despite only the one goal advantage.

Irish FA Cup - Winners! - Finally won this after many disappointments in the last few seasons. Final against Queens Uni isn't exactly intimidating stuff but we made it hard enough before claiming the victory.

All-Ireland Cup - Winners! - Our third time winning this trophy and the first time we've retained it. A difficult final but ultimately a joyous occasion after extra-time.

Europa League - 1st Knockout Round - I'm pretty sure we were ravaged by injuries when the first leg (away) came around and without even an away goal to boot, we tried but ultimately fell short.

Champions League - Group Stage - Well we got grouped with Spurs, Monaco and the current holders, Barcelona. Even better than last year without question and if we'd been able to hold on for a draw against Monaco at home (conceded late) we'd have progressed from the group. Still, the away win in Monaco and the double over Spurs is something to be proud of.

Key Players

Andre Pollock - Wants to go. Hopefully I can keep him satisfied and then sell him before his contract runs out.

Adrian McCready - Bought from Grimsby for £250k a couple of seasons ago. Now has Arsenal, Chelsea and Tottenham snooping around him (although the latter might just fancy him as he scored twice against them.) Doesn't look like much to be fair. Picked up the league young player of the year award.

Daniele Noviello - Bad injury kept him out for a good lot of the season but still a class act in the games he could play.

Leon Birch - A great player to lead the club. Decent amount of goals and assists coming in off the left wing mostly (after Antonio's departure.)

Elliot Beckford - Very physically impressive forward and probably deserves a mention for simply putting two past Tottenham. Picked up the league player of the year award.

Mathis Miniconi - Another great season for the French midfielder. His reputation is rising and due to the amount of solid midfielders I may cash in on him to be honest if I get a tempting offer.

Miroslav Hanus - Never lets the team down whether up front or filling in on the left wing. Plenty of assists.

-------------

First Team Squad

Transfers

Finances

Staff

Club Info

Facilities

Affiliates

Honours History

Next season:

Pretty much the same as usual. Still haven't had any players come through the youth setup that will be good enough to even play in the league so that's a major disappointment I'd like to put right.

Maybe with a bit of luck we might just sneak through whatever CL group we're in this time after coming so close this year.

I think it's also safe to say that some players will have to move on.

elsewhereThisSeason.png

England

Premier League - Man City

Relegated: Bristol City, Blackburn, Middlesbrough

Championship - Charlton (Winners), Norwich (Promoted), Cardiff (Play-off Winners)

Relegated: Stoke, Doncaster, Ipswich

League One - Crewe (Winners), Hull (Promoted), Rotherham (Play-off Winners)

Relegated: Derby, Dag & Red, Luton, Oxford

League Two - Grimsby (Winners), York (Promoted), Swindon (Promoted), Northampton (Play-off Winners)

Relegated: Scunthorpe, Cambridge

Conference National - Port Vale (Winners), Alfreton (Play-off Winners)

Relegated: Forest Green, Nuneaton, Carlisle, Braintree

Conference North - Rushden (Winners), Accrington (Play-off Winners)

Relegated: Harrogate, Guiseley, Stafford

Conference South - Salisbury (Winners), Hampton & Richmond (Play-off Winners)

Relegated: Eastbourne Boro, Tooting & Mitcham, Eastleigh

FA Cup - Southampton

League Cup - Bolton

Community Shield - Man City

Football League Trophy - Derby

FA Trophy - Bath

Scotland

SPL - Celtic

Relegated: Aberdeen

First Division - Inverness CT

Relegated: Dundee

Second Division - Airdrie Utd

Relegated: Arbroath, Dunfermline

Third Division - Stenhousemuir (Winners), Berwick (Play-Off Winners)

FA Cup - Hibs

League Cup - Hearts

Challenge Cup - Inverness CT

Ireland

Relegated: Shamrock Rovers

First Division - Bray Wanderers

FA Cup - Galway Utd

League Cup - Galway Utd

Wales

Premier League - Havertfordwest

Relegated: Carmarthen

FA Cup - Newtown

League Cup - Carmarthen

Northern Ireland

Relegated: Cliftonville, Larne

Championship One - Lower Maze (winners), Glenavon (play-off winner)

Relegated: Coagh Utd, H & W Welders

Championship Two - Warrenpoint (Winners), P.S.N.I. (Promotion)

Relegated: Dergview, Ballyclare

FA Cup - Newcastle FC

League Cup - Newcastle FC

Co.Antrim Shield - Distillery

Steel Cup - Distillery II

Intermediate Cup - Newry

Mid-Ulster Cup - Dungannon

All-Ireland Cup* - Newcastle FC

France

Ligue 1 - Lyon

Coupe de France - AS Aixoise

Coupe de la Ligue - Monaco FC

Germany

Bundesliga - Schalke

DFB-Pokal - Rostock

Netherlands

Eredivisie - Ajax

KNVB-Beker - Heerenveen

Johan Cruijff Schaal - Feyenoord

Italy

Seria A - Roma

Coppa Italia - Roma

Supercoppa - Inter

Spain

La Liga - At.Madrid

Copa del Ray - Barcelona

Supercopa - R.Madrid

World Club - Barcelona

Supercup - Barcelona

Europa League - R.Madrid

Champions League - Man City

• 2 weeks later...

slievedonard.jpg

Newcastle FC - Northern Irish Premiership - 2027/28

Season Summary:

The season wasn't that memorable but a league and cup double isn't to be played down at the same time. I had to sell two very good midfielders during the season and overall we lacked a bit of spark that we had in the last couple of seasons. Crusaders are constantly competing with us (through a very wealthy financial backer - who they've had for a while now but they've been slow in recruiting until now), not only with transfers but also now, really putting points on the board that on any other season, in seasons before we began to dominate would have been a record.

Our form towards the end of the season wasn't good though and I think I possibly need to learn not to rotate as much and possibly begin giving players rest days instead.

Overall, borderline satisfactory I would say.

Co.Antrim Shield - Runners up - Disappointing performance in the final.

Irish League Cup - 2nd Round - Poor effort but usually a lot of rotation going on at this stage.

Irish FA Cup - Winners! - Defended the trophy well.

All-Ireland Cup - Runners-up - Lost in extra-time. Good effort but just not our day.

Champions League - Group Stage - Worst performance in the CL for a while now. Not that we should be too hard on ourselves but we can do better.

Key Players

Andre Pollock - Rock at the back as always.

Adrian McCready - Starting to really bed down as our star striker.

Glenn Taylor - Not a spring chicken but worked fantastically with Pollock at the heart of our defence.

-------------

First Team Squad

Transfers

Finances

Staff

Club Info

Facilities

Affiliates

Honours History

Next season:

Small bit of progress as now we enter the CL at the group stage next season. Another bit of progress is the new reputation of the league.

The best news heading into the new season is that our youth setup finally spat out a kid that looks like he could potentially be a star in this league (albeit probably not much more than that) - Say hello to my new plaything, 16 year old, Mark McKay. :cool:

euro.png

European Championship 2028

Hosts: Portugal

Quarter-Finals:

England 0 - 1 France

Netherlands 4 - 0 Bulgaria

France 1 - 0 Russia

Ukraine 0 - 1 Germany

Semi-Finals:

Spain 2 - 0 Germany

Netherlands 0 - 0 France (France progress on penalties)

Final:

Spain 1 - 2 France

Getting in the group stages automatically is awesome stuff for you and for the league despite your dominance. :thup:

I think you're being to modest about Mark McKay, if it were my save he'd be a starter as supporting striker (he looks that good)! ;)

In fact you should post in this thread about him.

Cheers buddy!

Yeah I may well do post him up in that thread. Been ages (due to the level I've been playing at) from when I've had a good player come through. Although I have a sneaky suspicion he won't be much better than English Championship standard at best once he's developed, ha.

Just read through this, really good. I do enjoy reading these but never have the patience myself. Thought I'd give myself an easy one as TNS but got bored of FM in general for a while.

Great progress though, and interesting to see you now qualify automatically for the group stages, relieves a bit of pressure :)

Just read through this, really good. I do enjoy reading these but never have the patience myself. Thought I'd give myself an easy one as TNS but got bored of FM in general for a while.

Great progress though, and interesting to see you now qualify automatically for the group stages, relieves a bit of pressure :)

Appreciate it man!

Didn't really change much, pressure wise, aside from a few less games at the start as it turns out.

Although we're now third seeds for the group draw which is nice to see.

19th in the competition rankings... that's some progress... have any AI teams been helping out much?

I don't really think so.

Crusaders really should be doing better in Europe considering how close they are to me domestically and considering they very well might be the first team to beat us to the title for 9 years this season. (Looking quite likely I'm afraid to say.)

Good job keeping the standards up. Bit of patience required before you can make the next step I'd wager!

Thinking the same. Part of me is tempted to leave sometime soon but I'd feel rubbish walking away. Might let my contract run down though and see if clubs come calling (as despite being the only 'world class' manager in the game currently, I haven't been approached once!)

slievedonard.jpg

Newcastle FC - Northern Irish Premiership - 2028/29

Season Summary:

Quite a fun season overall to be honest. We really, really came close to surrendering our title to Crusaders but somehow (although we did still have a good points total - in fact, a RECORD points total for the league) managed to pull it off on the last day of the season.

Co.Antrim Shield - Runners up - Same as last year, met Crusaders in the final and lost it.

Irish League Cup - Winners! - A nice easy run and another trophy in the cabinet.

Irish FA Cup - Winners! - Third time in a row and we had to work hard to put out Crusaders after a replay.

All-Ireland Cup - Winners! - No idea where the Crusaders side went that had pushed me so hard in the league, we battered them in the final.

Champions League - Group Stage - Two draws and one win allowed us to avoid finishing bottom but again a bit tough to see how we're getting any further.

Europa League - 1st Round Knockout - Got drawn with Milan, who have some very good players. We did our best and avoided a big defeat at home but couldn't stop the onslaught at the San Siro. (the days of beating Inter in the San Siro are long gone! :thdn:)

Key Players

Andre Pollock - Mr.Dependable.

Adrian McCready - Not much more I can ask from him when he's in this form. Bagged the league top goalscorer gong, the player of the year award and even remarkably (although perhaps it was a low scoring year elsewhere) the European Golden Boot.

Glenn Taylor - Age definitely not on his side but still putting in key performances.

Martin Webb - Really put in the effort this season and deserves a mention.

Peter Noon - Wanted to sign him but couldn't justify the fee so a loan it was. A great season and firmly in the hearts of the fans no matter if he ever does return.

-------------

First Team Squad

Transfers

Finances

Staff

Club Info

Facilities

Affiliates

Honours History

Next season:

Ranking for the league now sitting at 14th. :cool: Hopefully Crusaders can maybe start making the group stage of the CL now and again. Although this wasn't good news apparently. Still another team has turned professional so that's now five or six in the league.

Hopefully we can do better in the CL and also retain the big three domestically.

Have you noticed any increase in your TV revenue from the league over the seasons? Just wondering whether that moves dynamically with the league rep as well.

Definitely. Still nothing to write home about but it's nearly a total of £1million in prize money for winning the league now compared to £100,000+ when I first got up to this division.

Good to see the league rankings improvement.

That title race was close! But its good to have a bit of competition to stop any complacency creeping in.

Definitely, it will push us on to put even more points on the board which can only be a good thing.

The league has really turned into a duopoly now but you're still a powerhouse. :thup:

Also good to see more clubs taking the step to professional football, can only make the league more competitive and hopefully help in Europe.

Ha, thanks bud. Yeah hopefully the others teams will start to challenge, not only Crusaders (who again haven't made the group stage for either CL or EL :()

Archived