Pyramid - FM11 4-3-2-1

Who would you you suggest for the Trequartista/Attack position and Centre Forward at City?

There are a few options..

I've tried Balotelli in the AMCR role and he's decent but not a natural there so i'm training him up. Tevez could probably do it with his stats and I suppose Adebayor could go up top but is that wasting Tevez? I've also got Neymar and Henrique.

Who would you you suggest for the Trequartista/Attack position and Centre Forward at City?

There are a few options..

I've tried Balotelli in the AMCR role and he's decent but not a natural there so i'm training him up. Tevez could probably do it with his stats and I suppose Adebayor could go up top but is that wasting Tevez? I've also got Neymar and Henrique.

Totally agree re Balotelli. I play Silva there, very creative but not a prolific scorer himself. If he's unavailable then I put Tevez back there and Adebayor up front, exactly as you said.

I played a city game through the first 6 or 7 competitive matches once I'd created Delta and Sigma and won them all, so was quite happy with that.

Now I'm back to my beloved Newcastle City in the blue square north. It's grim up north, but we love it :-)

I'm in pre-season for my second year with my Spurs save (got to 3rd in Prem and Quarters in the CL in first year, but that's about the limit with my first tactic) and going to give this tactic a go and as LukeyLove suggests above I'm going with VDV and Modric combo, but it'll be interesting which one of my five strikers (!) I inherited and can't sell for love nor money fits the ST role best. I'll report back in a while.

Gonna star a save with Barcelona and try to use your tactic. I used minimal fuss, and beautiful footbal, but they just didn't work for me. I used your tactic in my second half and scored two goals in a game i was having some dificult. Let's give it a try. Hope it works with Barcelona.

This is working wonders for my Birmingham team. I'm 2nd in the table after about 10 games. I seem to get the best results by using them as home and away tactics whoever I'm playing.

Im playing thomas necid up top and he scores the odd few and he got a hat-trick away at Newcastle.

Neymar at amcr and he's scoring a fair amount. With Paulo henrique at amcl seems to consistently perform.

Looking good so far. Well done.

Been testing out minimal fuss' excellent tactic and looking how I can learn a few bits and pieces for my next attempt.

In the meantime, here is how my non league save has been going with Pyramid. The Redditch match is the point at which I switched from using the original Pyramid to the two new ones. Since then I 've won all 11 games and really pleased at only conceding 2 goals. Hopefully the 2-2s and 6-3s are a thing of the past.

Thanks all for your feedback and your kind words of support. Much appreciated. James, let me know how you get on with any anti red card measures. Good luck everyone!

cityfix1.jpg

Just finished first season, adopted this tactic about 15 games in (while 4th in PL) ended up winning Champions League beating Real Madrid, Sevilla, Arsenal and Spartak Moscow in knockout and Inter Milan / Roma / Partizan in the group stage. Overall very successful in Europe with predominately Sigma but occasionally Delta as well. The domestic campaign hasn't gone quite as well - using more Delta tactics (so maybe I should stick to Sigma more?) ended up 7th with 55 points 65F/55A - also lost to Chelsea in both FA Cup and League Cup at Semi's. Overall pretty good but seems a little inconsistent against weaker sides so may try afew tweaks to Delta! Good job Recoil!

Archived