The Scanland Clan

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bambi:

In fact we do have another forum, but its not used, we should use that like dogs says for all the crap and keep these ones nice for the clans who look up to us... icon_biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

• Replies 968
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lister67:

happy birthday to moncs on the 20-4-2004

many happy returns ya old fart icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

aaawwww.... never knew you cared!! Thanks m8

I'm a lazy ******* when it comes to writing reports, but here's one now.

H Fulham 3-0

First match of the season. Trevor Benjamin had a nice start for his debut, making it 1-0 on 6th minute. 4 minutes later Steve Kabba made it 2-0. MoM Benjamin made it 3-0 on 52nd minute.

A Shrewsbury 3-0 League cup

League cup against a div.3 team. They were pretty much outplayed, Peter Ndlovu making 2 (9th and 52nd minute) and Stan Lazaridis one (26th mnute).

A Leicester 1-0

Only thing I fear atm are playing away. Both teams had the chances but poor finishing kept the score at 0-0 until 73rd minute when Stan Lazaridis made it 1-0. That was the score in the end, and I was happy.

A Blackpool 1-3

This is a match I want to forget. First, Dunne landed a left hook on Coid on 9th minute and was sent off. On 28th minute Martin Bullock made it 1-0. At the end of first half Paddy Kenny conceded an own goal, making it 2-0. On 58th minute John Murhpy made it 3-0. Couple of minutes later Stan Lazaridis with the consolation goal from a freekick.

H Ipswich 2-0

Next up was Ipswich at Bramall Lane. Lazaridis has been playing pretty good so far, making another goal from a freekick on 39th minute. 5 minuets to the second half the cross from Lazaridis found Richard Naylor, who made it 2-0.

H Gillingham 4-0

Pretty easy win for us, goals from Gary Mason (15th) Peter Ndlovu (18th), Trevor Benjamin (28th) and Daniel Nardiello (79th). MoM for Stan Lazaridis with 2 assists. Too bad Stan is 33 now icon_frown.gif.

A Cardiff 3-0

Another easy win for us, although we had to wait until 45th minute for the first goal. A little help from Gillingham's defender and Kabba was in the clear: 1-0. 4 minutes into the second half and Stan continued his nice form, 2-0. On 90th minute Stan made his second goal for tonight, 3-0. MoM Stan Lazaridis with 2 goals.

H Millwall 1-1

Next was Alex's Millwall, venue Bramall Lane. Millwall also had a pretty good start for the season, so I expected this to be a close match - and it was. After 14 mins Oliver made it 0-1 with a nice run from midfield. Before the halftime whistle Nardiello equalized with the help from Nicky Culkin (we did pay his quite a lot €€€ tho icon_wink.gif ). The match ended 1-1, MoM Oliver.

A Watford 0-0

Nothing to see here, move along. Shots: Watford 2/2 Sheff U 11/4, my players need some target practise.

A Bradford 1-1

Don't know what is going on, but my team lost the ability to win. On 11th minute Steve Kabba made it 0-1, and seconds before the halftime whistle Danny Forrest equalized. That was the final score, shots: Bradford 9/5 Sheff U 8/5.

H Leeds 0-0 League cup

There is no justice in football (ok ok, not in this match). Leeds were outplayed but they managed to keep the score at 0-0 throughout the match. Penalties were needed to decide the winner and of course Leeds won the shootout.

A Bolton 4-1

Seems that my players were also quite ****ed off with the loss in the League cup. (Ok, we had some help from Jeff Smith who got sent off on 18th). 6 minutes before the red card Kevin Davies took Bolton to the lead. After that Steve Kabba was determined to win this game, and three goals made his point clear (25th, 32nd and pen on 39th). Robert Page scored one on 72nd also.

H Cambridge 1-1

What can I say, Cambridge got lucky tonight. We took the lead on 22nd when Kabba scored, but Cambridge equalized on 56th minute (only shot from Cambridge). I hate when opponent's have 1 shot and the score a goal with it (I'm pretty sure others feel the same way icon_wink.gif )

H Derby 2-0

Fairly easy match, Peter Ndlovu making it 1-0 with a nice shot from outside the area on 42nd and Nardiello scoring the second for Sheff U on 60th minute. MoM goes to Stan Lazaridis with a assist. Shots: Sheff U 14/9 Derby 5/2.

Now i'm pretty sure there are ton of typos and a whole lot of grammar mistaces, just ignore them icon_smile.gif

I propose that we do a brazilian league as there is alot of league challenging teams and there would be enough teams for everyone to get a decent team. There is ALOT of young, fast, quality players and money is easy enough to make by selling. Post your opinions guys!

Guys -

How about doing what The Scottish Clan do, and we all take a team in the Scottish Division THREE and start from scratch. No one can use Diablo and no one will be able to get any 'forum' players.

That way everyone is on an even keel.

Plus since there is only 10 teams, you would almost be guaranteed to play a human every week.

Hello lads. I am from now on not a member of this esteemed Clan as i am not finding it to be that fun anymore. Its been more of an burden than anything and that's not what this should be about. It's nothing personal against anybody. Basically not enjoying myself as i used to back when we started almost a year ago.

So see you guys around in msn!

HHHmmmmmm... not really liking moncs' idea, to get a team like that to be good would just take too long and it goes far too slow, plus the scottish league is too boringicon_frown.gif

I am open for other suggestions thoughicon_smile.gif

Are we on for tomorro or what??

well oj, some people kind of came to a mutual agreement that they were not enjoying our game anymore so it looks as though the clan could be coming to an end. But people were thinking that if we done a different league then we could maybe keep the clan together, so we had agreed to discuss it tonight!

ARE WE STILL PLAYING TONIGHT BTW??

sadly guys - Rab and I feel the same as Sami, we are not enjoying it anywhere near as much as we used to, so it looks like we will be calling it a day as well.

Sorry guys but i am also just going to call it a dayicon_frown.gif. I was going to try it to see how it was but im just not interested anymore. Plus im finished college in about 2 weeks so i am getting a job, which would make me miss common sessions, which isn't fair on yous. It was fun and nice to meet you guys but sorryicon_frown.gif

(when i am back at college i will give yous a shout and if yous are in a game, or fancy starting one then we willicon_smile.gif)

everton.gif

Everton confim Simon Ensome as their new manager.

After a brief spell abroad, Ensome has come back to English football management and taken on the tough task of trying to restore another of these "Sleeping Giants" Everton sitting just points off going down with only 8 games remaining have a tough task of staying in the top league let alone restoring the once proud club back into the limelight.

Well it all started with a nice easy derby fixture against Liverpool!! what a great start just what a didnt need, all the presures of a dog fight and a mersey derby to boot! well after an incredable even start both teams had early chances before James McFadded pounced to give Everton what was an early lead on just 7mins, soon after we will taking control with Rooney netting a double quickly ion 16 and 19mins, the chances either end and in all honesty the score could of and prob should of been 5-5, but good defending and goalkeeper kept are impressive lead before liverpool got a goal back just before half time. second half was an exciting period but McFadden early goak 47min was the only goal of the half. A flattering 4-1 victory but non-the-less a great start!!!!

After that we had Aston Villa at home and despite dominating the game, Villa grabbed a 1-1 draw with their only shot of the game, a game in which the strikers simply didnt perform and alot of credit for villa for sticking to the task, Moogan was the scorer on 23mins

and away defeat to Arsenal followed after McFadden had given us a first half lead of 1-0 on 21mins, last 30mins was all Arsenal and we were lucky to only lose 2-1!

next up was Coventry away and a very poor game and performance from us until Rooney was brought down in the area and Collins was Sent off for covenrty on 74 mins rooney converted the pen and Symes added to make the final score 2-0

Last game and im saying nothing more than "Bore Draw" Middlesboro at home at quite awful 0-0!!!!

Arranged a few future transfers will tell all next time.......

Guys,

After some thinking, I believe we should be pondering the new name of the clan a bit longer. As such, I didn't start the new thread yet.

Due to me ****ing up a bit on Thursday, those who did scouting after we stopped playing, will have to do it again, as I exited the game thinking it would save, but as I had already saved on the same day, it just exited straight away. My apologies. So, I will put the server up around 6pm, so you have time to do the scouting again before we kick off at 7pm. icon_smile.gif

***** Important clan announcement *****

As you have all read, a lot has happened in the past few weeks with our clan and due to several members calling it a day for various reasons, the clan's future was in balance. After some thinking, yours truly, Razor123, Slayeri and Dogs (according to what he last told me) decided to continue the game. We decided to keep the Scanland Clan name and this thread, as one of the founding members was still left (me), and Razor, who joined very shortly after this clan was found. The playing times are still Mondays and Thursdays from 7pm UK time till 11pm. Obviously, after losing more than half of the members, we would need some fresh blood. The number is back up to 10 now, and is as follows:

OJ - Tottenham (co-host)

Razor - West Ham

Slayeri - Sheff Utd (host)

Dogs - Millwall

CITYTILLIDIE - Aston Villa

36EE - Everton

Davidmufc85 - Wolves

watchous - Portsmouth

morgo21 - Leicester

john10001 - Leeds

We have now played a few sessions with this lineup and things are looking promising. We are at the start of our 4th season, 2006-2007, and the following teams will do their footballing in the English Premier League: Tottenham, West Ham, Sheff Utd, Everton, Wolves and Leeds. Millwall, Aston Villa, Portsmouth and Leicester will try to gain the Premiership status from the Nationwide division.

So, as we'll get this thread back up and running again, I hope you enjoy our stories and reports of our adventures in the wonderful CM 03/04 world. icon_smile.gif

Leicester.jpg

******Leicester City Appiont Morgan******

After hearing that Wayne Morgan had rezigned from his post at the conference outfit Chester City, the Leicester City board new the man they wanted to get there struggling Leicester team back in the elite, Before the new 2006-2007 season started they had made the appiontment of Morgan as there new manager. Some fans were not convinced that Morgan was the man for the job, the Leicester board belive that morgan is. Well, we'll just have to wait an see what happens in the not to distant future of Leicester City FC.

**Transfers in**

Saul Deeney - QPR - free

Jon Macken - Man. City - free

Federico Magallanes - Como - free

Chris Morgan - Sheffield Utd - £500k

**Transfers out**

James Wesolowski - Camebridge Utd - £24k

Paul Harrison - free

Conrad Logan - free

***Premiership Season 2006-2007***

(Home) V Bristol City 5-0

Magallanes '16 '50 '66

J.Stewart '33

Macken '40

"Excellent start to the season, a confident performance and a great hatrick for debutant Federico Magallanes"

(Home) V Lincoln City 1-0 (L Cup)

J.Stewart '62 (pen)

"Not the best performance, but a win is a win a some players still getting in to shape, a Jordan Stewart penalty was enough to seal victory against Lincoln City"

(Home) V Preston 3-0

Magallanes '60

T.Butler '73

J.Stewart '84

"Another good performance coming from Leicester in the second half of this match, This win took Leicester to the top of division 1"

(Away) V Sunderland 1-1

Magallanes '41

D.Woods '69 (pen) Sunderland

"Had the chance to extend my lead at the top but a wrong decision from the ref (honest) to award a penalty after Riccy Scimeca handballed in the area, anyway i'm no Graham Souness and i won't go on an on about it, in the end the game ended up 1-1 after a close contest with promotion rivals Sunderland"

More to come after next session

lads after much deliberation last night and basically not to muck you about, i'm going to retire from the Scanland clan. I simply have too many projects on that i want to pursue and its not fair on you lads who put up a fantastic game to constantly muck you around.

I am starting up my own during the week clan basically. I have cut all my commitments to all online clans that i'm a member of (during the week), in an attempt to clear my feet of all responsibilities. This is so i can concentrate on this new venture icon_smile.gif

Thanks for your time.

As the last season continued it was certain that Sheff Utd will make the playoffs. We had the chances for promotion spot but we lost it at the end, mainly because my MOST important player, Stan Lazaridis was injured. I finished 4th with 90 points.

In the Semi Finals we were against Derby, first leg at Pride Park. Pretty close match, Lee Morris taking Derby to the lead. Match was tied on 43rd minute by Nardiello, no more goals here and I'm pretty sure that we will win the second leg.

We started the second leg strong, Trevor Benjamin making it 1-0 on 4th minute. But Derby hasn't given up. Fahrudin Kuduzovic made it 1-1 on 18 minute. My team was determined to win this match, and on 35th minute Peter Ndlovu took us to the lead. Supat Rungratsamee made it 3-1 on 52nd, and after that neither team scored. Aggregate 4-2, we are going to the finals, where we will be up against Millwall.

Date: Sunday 4th June 2006. Venue: Wembley, London Competition: First Division Playoff Final

Millwall - Sheff Utd

The last match for this season - The Final. It was a long journey here, couldn't believe we made it. So needless to say I was nervous. So were the rest of the team. From the beginning we were outplayed. The first half was all Millwall, we didn't have one shot. The second half was no better, Millwall created some chances where we created one or two. Still, the score remained 0-0. End of 90 minutes and it's extra time. There was no changes, Millwall trying to get the goal and we are trying to survive. On second half of extra time, we had the chance to make it 1-0. Peter Ndlovu had open net in front of him, but the ball struck the post and bounced clear. That was the closest we could get, match goes to penalties. Shots: Millwall 12/8 Sheff Utd 3/2.

We won the penalties 3-1, the MoM Paddy Kenny saving 2 penalties securing the win. It's all over, Sheff Utd have won the promotion icon_smile.gif

Tonights session starting, I will post preseason stuff in a day or two, stay tuned icon_smile.gif

Guest david85

After keeping Wolves up on the last day of the season I was offered the job fulltime by the wolves board i accepted the challenge.

Transfers In

David Prutton DMC Southampton For £3.6M

Andrea Rabito f(r/l/c) Parma for £325k

Emmanuel Olisadebe s© Notts Forest For £4.4m

Athirson d/m(L) Chievo for £1m

Transfers Out

Nick barnes Free Transfer

Carl Ikeme Free Transfer

Oleg Luzhny Free Transfer

Gary Betts £400k

Blackburn A 2-3

the first game of the season and not the greatest start i think we deserved a point from the game but on the plus side Rabito scored on his debut.

Newcastle H 4-0

What a result this is Newcastle actully had more shots than us 17 to 10 but we made them count with goals from Olisadabe two from Rabito and one from Jari Litmanen.

Tottenham A 1-4

I came into the game expecting a defeat and thats what i got we took the lead with a Rabito goal but then spurs replyed with four of there own and to make things worse we had Okoronkwo sent off.

Man utd H 0-0

How there were no goals in this game i will never know both teams had enough chances to win two games but they werent taken so we take a point from the game.

I will update again on Monday

The summer after promotion. Summer is always interesting, and this time it was even more interesting. I needed more players. So, did some scouting and found couple of interesting players whose contracts were nearly expired. 3 players joined Sheff Utd on bosman: Michael Stewart, dmc from Man Utd, Eidur Gudjohnsen striker from Chelsea, Marco Borriello, striker from Milan. I also spent €2M on Simon Johnson, a forward who was in Valladolid at that time. And with €300k Thomas Repka switched from Everton to Sheff Utd. So, 3 strikers and I had 4 in the squad allready. But in my opinion they weren't good enough. So, I've sold Daniel Nardiello to Rangers for €1.5M, and the rest (Kabba, Naylor, Lester)are for sale. Chris Morgan, centre-back went to Leicester for €750k. Also 3 players were relased on a free. I also loaned Helder Barbosa from Spurs.

Soo, there are all the transfers, I also tried to get Jagielka, but he chose Everton instead icon_frown.gif .

Now the friendlies. I played 4 friendlies against Derby (2-0), Sunderland (3-0), Bolton (2-0) and Cambridge (4-1). Won all, but against Bolton the score would have been different if I hadn't been that lucky. Things are looking good at the moment, I'm waiting the start of the league with great interest. First year is always the hardest, so I think some will think me as a relegation candidate. But that's not what I have in mind.

Tottenham report

The season 2005/2006 was the season that the Spurs team finally delivered the goods on the pitch, after manager Koskela's 3-year long building period. Having finished 8th and 6th in the previous seasons, the team collected 19 more points and leaped 5 places to the number one spot, making the manager damn proud of the team he has built. The EPL title wasn't the only one, as the team also bid farewell to the Uefa Cup in style, by winning it. The EPL title was the first one in over 40 years for the club, 45 to be exact, and manager Koskela was instantly declared a legend by the supporters and club personnel.

One might think that after a succesful year like this, the manager would jsut sit back and enjoy the good times, but not this one. Knewing that we would need both more depth and quality in the squad. The transfer budget was in the region of 20M pounds, but knewing that wouldn't be nearly enough, identifying players who could command a hefty transfer fee, yet wouldn't be indispensable, begun. 4 players met that criteria: Benjamin Lauth, James Beattie, Jean-Alain Boumsong and Fabio Grosso. Lauth and Beattie had only joined the club's striking department last summer from 1860 Munchen and Southampton respectively. Lauth on a Bosman transfer and Beattie for a sum of 14.75M pounds. Beattie was a first eleven player, getting 38 (5) games but only scoring 14 and assisting 14. That made me look for another solution to partner Roncatto upfront. James was sold to his former club, Blackburn for a fee of 15M pounds. Lauth, on the other hand, never was a first eleven player, and only scored 7 goals in 16 (13) games. Due to his international status, he was offloaded for a nice sum of 10M pounds to Serie A and Perugia. The decision to sell Fabio Grosso, my number one left winger, was made after witnessing him play a slightly poorer season than his debut season for us. I felt this was reason enough, as most of the rest of the team improved. Fulham were able to acquire his services for 8.25M pounds. Boumsong was also a guy who had played 2 seasons with us, partnering his country man Mexes in the central defense, yet he never was able to convince me fully that he is a man to keep. Played worse than Mexes, and eventhough having 16 caps for the mighty France, it was decided that he would be sold. In my opinion, he went for a cut-price of 4M pounds to Man City.

Having acquired an additional 37.5M pounds to the transfer kitty, it was time to look for re-inforcements. in came Darren Ambrose from Newcastle for 2.1M, Nihat from Real Sociedad for 10M, Francesco Coco from Inter for 2.7M, Lucio from Leverkusen for 14M, Martin Albrechtsen for 3M, Carlton Cole from Chelsea for 5.5M, Fernardo Cavenaghi from River for 20M and Ricardinho from Sao Paolo for 10M. That took the total sum to an astonishing 67M pounds, but we had also gotten both quality and quantity to the team, which meant we could be confident in going to the challenges that await us in both Europe and in England.

The improved Tottenham starting eleven looks like this: Pletikosa, Coco, Mexes, Lucio, Mabizela, Ricardinho, Renato, Pedretti, Pennant, Roncatto, Cavenaghi. We have started the season reasonably well by winning 7 and losing 2 of our games in the EPL, sitting in the first place, 2 points ahead Fulham. Though I am anything but pleased with our defensive record, as we have conceded 8 goals in those 9 games. If we can improve that, I am confident we will do extremely well again this season. The debut season in the CL we have started with a loss and 2 wins, leaving us tied for the first place together with VfB Stuttgart.

I will post more on the season as we progress through the months ahead. 'Til then, adios!

The Spurs Manager

Sheff Utd season update

Fixtures so far this season.

H Chelsea 0-2

A Birmingham 2-0

H Leeds 5-0

A Middlesbrough 1-3

H Charlton 0-0

A Arsenal 4-2 (From 0-2 to 4-2 victory, what a match that was icon_smile.gif )

A Watford 2-0 (League Cup 2nd round)

H Man City 0-1

A W.B.A 0-1

H Liverpool 6-1 (Another nice performance from my team)

A Fulham 1-2

A Rushden 2-0 (League Cup 3rd round)

H Southampton 0-0

A West Ham 1-1

A Coventry 1-1

H Blackburn 5-2

A Newcastle 0-0

A Newcastle 0-3 (League Cup 4th round)

H Tottenham 0-0

A Man Utd 0-1

17 games in the league so far, and we are 15th now (5 won, 6 drawn, 6 lost) with 21 points. The league is pretty even now, W.B.A is in the lead with 31 points.

Too much draws to be honest, but draws are a bit better than losses icon_smile.gif. Only thing I am disappointed now is my attack, we have scored 26 goals. On the other hand, defence is working pretty good, we have conceded 17 goals and only Chelsea have conceded less (16). Still a bit too early say but I'll say it anyway. We will finish midtable icon_smile.gif

Leicester.jpg

***Season Update***

***Transfers In***

Adam Birchall - Elche - Season Loan

***Transfers Out***

Richard Stearman - Kidderminster - Season Loan

***Results***

(A) Portsmouth 1-1 (D)

(A) Chesterfield 0-2 (L)

(H) Bolton 3-1 (W)

(A) Reading 4-1 (W)

(H) Bradford 1-1 (D)

(A) West Ham 0-3 (L) League Cup 3rd rd

(H) Ipswich 0-1 (L)

(A) Sheffield Wednesday 0-2 (L)

(A) Blackpool 2-0 (W)

(H) QPR 0-2 (L)

(A) Wimbledon 1-1 (D)

(H) Millwall 2-3 (L)

(A) Gillangham 1-0 (W)

(H) Cambridge 5-2 (W)

(A) Crewe 0-2 (L)

(A) Bristol City 5-1 (W)

(A) Cardiff 3-2 (W)

(A) Chelsea 2-3 (L) FA Cup 5th rd

(H) Reading 1-1 (D)

(A) Bradford 3-0 (W)

(H) Chesterfield 1-0 (W)

(H) Blackpool 1-0 (W)

(H) Sheffield Wednesday 3-0 (W)

(A) QPR 2-2 (D)

Played 22 Won 11 Drawn 5 Lost 6

Not been a bad season so far, lost more than i would have liked to, still in for promotion which is the target.

Archived