FM11 - The Official Birmingham City Thread

Ishu

Nah. Mostly I get a "Big clubs are intrested in my client".

Try starting a new save to see if this happens again. Is your starting rep too low? that might be the reason.

I was set as a semi-pro player...I'll try setting it as international and see if that helps. Thanks

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anybody else drawing a lot of games? I drew my first 7 Premier League games before victories against Manchester City & Liverpool followed by a defeat at home to Fulham.

Consistency quite clearly the issue... Also, I don't play Zigic much and will probably sell in January, playing 4-5-1 with AMR AMC and AML and Jerome as the lone striker due to his ability to strech the opposition back four - Could do with a complete forward in January/summer though (Lukaku) potentially.

Yes same here very inconsistant atm too...the defence seems to play really crap...coming up to Jan and Im in 15th!!...knew this would happen!

Oh well looks like another relegation scrap for me! ;)

KRO

everytime i get a team to agree on a transfer fee, the player refuses to talk contracts with me. Happened with Lukaku, Ninis, Neymar, Sanchez....anyone else having this happen?

First few seasons ,its hard to get high profile players to sign m8.

Usually 3rd season is when I get high profile players to sign.

:thup:

Nah. Look at #16 for my top scorers and assisters.

Still don't have the full game. :(

Good stuff, is that with TM settings?

TBF, he's got 6 goals in 10 starts for me but he's been fairly injury hit so I've not been able to utilize him much. Bowyer broke Zigic's cheekbone in pre season training then he broke his collar bone against the Vile :/

I'm desperately trying to sign Kalou. He's only played a handful of games for Chelsea & is transfer listed but flat out not interested :( I praised him in the press & he just shrugged it off. Hopefully if I finish top ten then he'll change his mind come the summer

First season finished 7th, sadly no Europe thanks to Norwich having an amazing cup run, played a 3-2-2-1-2 for the first half of the season with 3CB 2DM LM RM AM 2CF as first few matches conceded too many, kept me defensivley very tight but struggled going forward, switched back to a standard 4-4-2 after January and team had started to gel so got a lot better going forward, though still crashed defencivley occassionaly. Just about to start second season.

Players In First Season:

Abubakari Yakubu (Free) -Used as Pretty average depth RB, let go for 1.8M in Jan as i fined him for getting his second red card in as many games and him taking great offence at this.

Vincent Enyeama (230K) from H Tel Aviv - Goalie who I pretty much sign him every game for the past few years. Without realising let him have a match highest earner clause so that's caused some problems as he moved up to 2.1M per year before I realised. If Fosters having a bad run I let him play, might end up starting him Second season, feel he's marginally better.

Mathias Jorgensen (1.1M) from FC Kobenhaven - Nice young CB who got a decent run first season suprisingly due to Roger Johnson being found out by quick strikers too often with the tactic I tend to play, i first noticed him a couple of games back, but despite being told he'll always become class never more than average, am training him to be a RB because I feel he'll be more suited there second season.

Arthur Boka (2M) from Stuttgart - Gives depth on LB and LM, pretty decent for the price.

Anthony Annan (3.7M) from Rosenborg - In my game last year I ended up at Real Madrid after a dozen or so seasons just because they offered me some ridiculous 200M transfer budget, ended up signing this guy as my DCM, he's a rock.

Christian Benitez (1.6M) from Santos Laguna - For the price how could you not, especially as I quite liked him in real life last season. Offers pace and finishing, also pretty good at getting assists, did seem prone to dry patches though.

Peter Masilela (180K) from M Haifa - I love this guy, so cheap, great LB could play for a championship team or in the Champions league final and you'd still get a good game from him, did brilliantly as ever, pretty much wherever I go in football manager, he follows.

Steven Defour (5.5M) from Standard- Noticed this guy last game when he went to Man Utd, scored some stunners for me from CM, great leader, had to fiddle the wage budget a bit to get him in but got fans player of the year so he must have been worth it.

Gabriel Obertan (Loan - 770K) from Man Utd - Got this guy in in Jan after releasing Hleb to free up some wage budget, did amazingly, won't come back to me second season which is a massive shame because he is an amazing winger going forward.

Ahmed Khalil (2.9M) from Juventus - Striker that Scouts noticed this guy as one for the future who could add depth now, has the right physical attributes and looks like the technical ones will come, popped up with some good goals when bought on. Hopefully can run him out a bit more next season.

I let go O shea, Murphy, Carr, O Connor, Parnaby, Yakubu and Redmond bringing in about 13M

Second season got a nice £33M Transfer budget but only bought in three players so taking a bit of a risk;

Leonel Galeano (8.5M) from Independiente - This guy looks awesome, 19, CB, straight into the team, potential to be leading premiership and looks it.

Welliton (10.5M) from Spartak Moscow - Taken a bit of a risk, he's either gonna demolish teams, or end up getting injured constantly, hopefully he'll be the striker I fall in love with (Previous games gave me Vagner Love, Nikola Zigic (so happy when Blues signed him, yet in game he's woeful at doing any sort of goalscoring, barely played him in the second half of the first season), Tolarov, Samba)

Coutinho (14.25M) from Inter - I've spent a lot here, more than I ever normally let myself spend before I have the cushion of champions league football, especially as he's too young to play starting CM or ST as he is meant to, training him to be a RM as he has the stats and I lack depth here, with only really Seb around for me. He should be incredible once he fits in though.

Anybody got any news on our youngsters in the game. I've just finished my 1st season and played jack Butland in my cup games and is dubbed the next Paul Robinson.

I played Nathan Redmond in the cup games and off the bench in the league a couple of times but he's still very young.

I played brice ntambwe in a fair few games at the startof the season as ferguson and Gardner were injured. Looks like a very good player.

Jordon Mutch was on loan at Watford and came back in jan. I played him in every game possible when he came back after Xmas and he was superb, getting high ratings and a few man of the matches and is now dubbed the next Frank lampard.

Anyone else got anything on them?

Just finished 1st season with Blues finishing 9th (sounds familiar)

Players out:

Jerome (£3.4m - Stoke)

Parnaby (1.2m - Stoke)

Murphy (£1.9m - Middlesbrough)

Players in:

Gary Cahill - (£7m) Very good 1st season with me. Solid performances and ended average rating of 7.20

Humberto Suazo - (£3.2m) 15 goals in 35 appearances in the prem so good buy for the money spent

Roberto Carlos - (£500k) Was injured for about 6 weeks on and off but still gave some good performaces. Averaged 6.80

Epalle - (£825k) right winger for back up to Seb and did very well at that role. Seb got injured few times and he managed to average 6.80

Top goal scorer - Suazo (18 goals) but the big suprise for me was the rise of Derbyshire in the 2nd half of the season. didnt gewt his 1st game till xmas time and he finished with 17 goals! Zigic was playing woeful so gave matt a go and he delivered very well with some very well taken goals. Will be keeping hold of him next season if i can.

Let down of the season - Foster - Seemed very poor throughout the season and very inconsistant so this is someything ill be addressing in the summer. If only it was more realistic as foster is awesome, isnt he Anceloti :)

Havent got my budget yet but ill be looking at a new striker, right winger and keeper as priority.

Will update you in Jan

No matter what expectation I select I'm getting £0.

Is there a flaw in the game for this?

Started a new game just now and its 15.5 to 25.

I think you didn't "tick" the first windows budgets option at the start. It was unticked by default this time.

Hi, just got the game and have started a season with my beloved Blues.

Signed:

Suazo (3m)

Roberto Carlos (800k)

Defour (5m)

Annan (3.5m)

Christian Benitez (1.6m)

I should line up with:

GK Foster

DL Carlos

DC Johnson

DC Dann

DR Carr

ML Hleb

MC Annan

MC Defour

MR Larsson

ST Zigic

ST Suazo

Just wondering if anyone has got good team instructions, alternative tactics or a combination of the two to help me as I believe Ive got a great team there

Finished the pre-season of my full version save.

Transfers Out

David Murphy - £4m

James O'Shea - £1m

TOTAL - £5m

Transfers In

Rafael - Loan £725k

Moritz Leitner - £800k (Next Kaiser)

Daniel Kofi Agyei - £3m (Next Essien)

Guillermo Ochoa - £3.7m

Lucas Digne - £1.7m

Thorgan Hazard - £1.8m (Eden Hazards Brother)

TOTAL - £11.75m

For a net £6.75m thats a huge improvement. :cool:

Advanced Forward.

I'll try that, can't seen to get Zigic to play though he's not been available for me that much, seems to break a lot of bones :D

I'll holidayed a season (different save & unemployed) & he got 18 league goals so he definitely has them in him

Crikey! Who paid that for him?

I've resisted several bids (at value, £1.6 - £1.9 million) from Blackpool but I find him a decent squad player so I've kept hold of him

Stoke City :rolleyes::p

This is the second time (Out of three) I got 4M for him.

TIP - Don't offer him out, you will only get tiny offers.

Ok, so i've finished my second season and somehow managed to make it to 4th place and champions league football despite my squad having a serious lack of depth, St. Andrews became something of a fortress with 14W 5D 0L in the premiership so that really helped. I also started playing a 4-4-2 with Coutinho as an Inside Forward on the right making it almost a 4-3-3.

Transfers In First Season Round Up:

Steven Defour: Continued to be immense, became my captain, came third in young player of the year.

Anthony Annan: Only averaged a 6.98 but he did the role I wanted and I would have rated him higher.

Ahmed Khalil: Continued to show the potential I signed him for, continues to improve also got 13 goals and 7 assists in 30 matches, 12 of them being super subs where most of his goals came from.

Vincent Enyeama: Couldn't get past Foster, average, going to let him go as he is unhappy.

Mathias Jorgenson: Stats didn't progress how I hoped but somehow averaged 7.14 and a rock at CB, didn't work out so well at RB as i'd hoped.

Arthur Boka: Continued to offer decent depth at LB/LM you can probably do better than signing this guy though.

Christian Benitez: Immense, second highest average rating in the team, 25 appearances 17 goals. For 1.6M thats' a damn good return.

Peter Masilela: Continued to be reliable at LB, still nothing special, just consistent.

Second Season Signings Round Up:

Leonel Galeano: IMMENSE, this lad is a rock, is described as a wonderkid now, and averaged 7.22.

Coutinho: Didn't really work out at RM but as an Inside Forward on the right wing has done wonders, needs to improve his finishing as squandered a few oppurtunitys but other than that he is going to be amazing. Described as wonderkid by end of the season.

Welliton: He did it, top scorer in the premiership, second in footballer of the year, did pick up a couple of injuries sadly but 32 league games, 23 goals, 11 assists and I am in love with this guy.

I also bought in Connor Wickham on loan in Jan for a bit of depth and to see what all the fuss is about with this lad, definatley one for the future and not now, very below average at 19 I found.

Third Season, transfer budget of 51M :)

Signings:

Macias, Newgen Striker for 1.3M, hits an amaziing free kick, fair bit of potential, good depth now.

Julio Baptista - Bosman, we all know what he can do, offers high class depth for my squad in several positions.

Guilermo Ochoa - Again we all probably know this guy, World Class Goalie, had to hit his release clause of 7.25M to get him.

Phil Jones - 10M :( But will hopefully be a great RB for a decade, English which is a plus for me, currently 20 and with great potential according to the scouts.

Have signed a 17yr old English LM Newgen for 10M apparantly gonna be world class, gone on loan to my feeder club for this season

Gabriel Obertan - 2.7M after the first season on loan I know what this guy can do, will be first choice LM potentially rotate him on with Beasujour and can play my AMR Inside forward role when needed.

Kieran Gibbs - Loan 500K, English depth on left hand side, making up numbers for home-grown tbh.

Luis Saurez!! - 16M World-Class, hopefully with him and Welliton up front, we can steam-roll teams. Can also play the AMR role which if Benitez or Khalil hit form will be a massive perk.

Leonel Galeano: IMMENSE, this lad is a rock, is described as a wonderkid now, and averaged 7.22.

How much did u sign this guy for in second season? Im hoping to buy him too.

My first season teaser.

Zigic score 7 goals in 9 games and then got injured for 7 months. :mad:

I'm 7 points of th top. Currently 3rd. :cool:

Knocked out of the carling cup in the first match against coventry. :(

Aston Villa has P 20 W 0 D 8 L 12. 8 points from 20 games. Currently 19th. :D

How much did u sign this guy for in second season? Im hoping to buy him too.

He cost me 8.5M but with a bit more wheeling and dealing I imagine you could get that lower, there were other teams interested so I think I had to pay a little extra

i am about to show u something where everyone will be like wtf. i spent 120 mil 1st season...

how? well i did it all on monthly deals, i suppose it's fair to say that i will be ****ed in the future...but oh well i also asked for more wage nd transfer nd increased percentage of transfer used and i was lucky to get all of them ended up with about 40 odd... my team is going to be the greatest team in the world in a couple yrs, but we're doing well now having played two, dre with arsenal 1-1 nd beat stoke 1-0

here it is;

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/5384/84853358.png

83778030.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

How did you sign Fazio and Sanogo?

Their agents refuse to even talk.

Fazio could have been a heck of a deal for me @ 650k :(

PS - WTF.

ahha yeah it is huge wtf nd im already into the red zone, i was hoping the chairman was gonna keep pumping in money to save me haha,

um yeah i find that in different save files, sometimes agents are willing to talk nd sometimes they're aren't i got a bit lucky i guess with this one, however they aren't performing as well as i wulda hoped

@Lukeozade

Benitez at £1.7 million has been immense for me too, absolute bargain

How do you get the best of Defour? I play him CM Support or Auto & he's doing pretty well in his second season now

Anyone getting the best from Zigic? I'm finding him getting injured a lot & not really doing as I want. Ideally I want him in the box at all times for crosses, even playing as a Target Man with floated crosses, service to his head he seems pants. He gets he odd goal but I want him in the box flipping headers on & giving defenders a nightmare. I thought maybe his mental stats weren't up to it & gave up on him but I holidayed 10 seasons & he was getting 15-25 goals a season under the AI, was even the PL top goalscorer one season

I know it's probably cheating but is there anyway of finding out how the AI plays him?

i play 4-4-2 as i prefer it to 1 up front (think mccleish has made me allergic) but i cant find an effective 4-4-2 version, anyone got one?

I prefer a 4-4-2 & am doing alright

I set up playing high up, narrow & slow, short passing, low Creative Freedom & have time wasting set just into often & then tweak as I watch the game

I prefer a 4-4-2 & am doing alright

I set up playing high up, narrow & slow, short passing, low Creative Freedom & have time wasting set just into often & then tweak as I watch the game

having looked around ive found the rotherham tactic on the tactis and training board to be brilliant with a few tweaks, beat sunderland 5-1 away, bought benitez for £1.8m and hes got 14 league goals and it isnt even january yet, chelsea and madrid are after him but going to resist, jeromes doing great as an advanced forward aswell!

Unlucky mate :(

What did you set your league expectations to in Jan?

Totally unrelated, in Jan 2011 I said we'd finish top ten & Carson gave me £30 million :) Said the same in Jan 2012 & got nothing, even if I said we'd win the league I wouldn't get a penny more :( - git

:D

He didn't ask anything in Jan.

In the start of the season I had selected Continental qualification. I came 7th, but Aston Villa somehow managed to go there(fair play).

And I actually had around 15m transfer budget left.

Spent 11m

Earned 8m

Off to the bug forum :p

Edit : 1 more post and we complete a page :D

Nice - here we go!! :)

Just hoping I don't get randomly sacked now :/

How was your starting line up looking before the sacking?

Mine's, start of Jan 2012:

GK - Foster - Pretty solid, has the odd dodgy moment

DR - Hutton - Just signed for £1.4 m from Spurs, yet to make debut

CB - Johnson

CB - Dann - Both solid as we know, Weater in on the Rotation, £6 mill from Boro

DL - Ridgewell

ML - Beasejour - Really performing in the second season, 5 goals so far

CMA - Adam £2.1 from Blackpool, not that impressive so far/ Defour, coming good 2nd season £6 m from Standard

CMD - Feguson/ Gardner

MR - Henderson £6 Million, wanted a quicker winger than Seb, Seb plays MR, DR, CMD when needed

STR - Benitez £1.7 million been brilliant, terrorises defenders with his pace/ Jerome same

STR Santa Crus -in onloan, doing well, hope to sign in the Summer/ Zigic - see previous posts

:)

Archived