Its Hardly Any Effort for FMS

mark wilson27

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

January 1st 2019: Burnley (H) (22/38)

Before the game I was informed that striker D.O'Toole had been awarded the Premier League Player of the Month. Six minutes into the game we had our first chance with a long range effort from D.O'Toole which had the Burnley keeper at full stretch to save. On the 19th minute we had another chance after M.Wilnard ran onto a great ball by C.Fantu to fire towards goal but the keeper again saved well. Eleven minutes later though we were reduced to ten men after M.Snellink was sent off for a second yellow card. Just before the break we had the next chance after J.Scottlee of Hesselink broke through the defence but the Burnley keeper again saved well. During the break I made a double change with G.Dubya and L.Schnitzel coming on for S.Saville and J.Scottlee of Hesselink. Ten minutes into the half Burnley came close to taking the lead as they beat the offside trap and fired towards goal but G.Burgess was on hand to block the effort. On the 69th minute the first goal was scored as M.Paterson hit a great free-kick from 25 yards after M.Wilnard brought the Burnley attacker down on the way to goal. However the joy didn’t last for long for Burnley as eight minutes later we grabbed the equaliser as D.O'Toole headed in a G.Spavlachenko cross after he broke down the wing unmarked. With two minutes remaining in the game we should have grabbed the winner but D.O'Toole somehow managed to miss an open goal after the Burnley keeper dropped a C.Fantu thunderous effort

Hardly Athletic 1 D.O'Toole 77

Burnley 1 M.Paterson 69

G.Burgess, S.Carl Goatsburg, G.Spavlachenko, M.Snellink, T.Owens, C.Fantu, A.Marks (capt), S.Saville (45-G.Dubya), M.Wilnard, D.O'Toole, J.Scottlee of Hesselink (45-L.Schnitzel)

January 5th: MK Dons (H) FA Cup 3rd Round

Four minutes into the game we took the lead as D.O'Toole ran through the defence with ease and fired the ball under the onrushing keeper. Soon after we had another chance with a long range effort from A.Marks but his free kick went just wide of the post after beating the keeper. On the 18th minute we doubled the lead as M.Wilnard jinked his way through the defence and fired the ball with power in off the upright. Just before the break we had yet another chance to score as D.O'Toole ran onto a M.Wilnard through ball and lashed it towards goal but the ball went just wide of the post. I made a couple of changes at half time with C.de Bruijn and L.di Chesterfan coming on for A.Marks and J.Scottlee of Hesselink. The second half didn’t start well with little in the way of action and it took till the 71st minute for the action to begin as R.Munday headed in past M.Wilson after our defence failed to deal with a simple cross. Twelve minutes later though we regained our two goal advantage as D.O'Toole sprinted with the ball from the wing and unleashed the ball into the top corner of the net to send us through to the next round

Hardly Athletic 3 D.O'Toole 4, 83, M.Wilnard 18

MK Dons 1 R.Munday 71

M.Wilson, S.Carl Goatsburg, G.Spavlachenko, M.Kowalski (capt), T.Owens, C.Fantu, A.Marks (45-C.de Bruijn), S.Saville, M.Wilnard, D.O'Toole, J.Scottlee of Hesselink (45-L.di Chesterfan)

January 7th: The draw for the FA Cup 4th Round sees facing an away trip to League One side Leicester City

January 9th: Birmingham City (H) League Cup Semi Final 1st Leg

Another great start saw us take the lead on the 3rd minute as S.Saville curled the ball into the area and D.O'Toole rose above the defence and headed the ball into the net. Ten minutes later we had another chance as C.Fantu tried his luck from 30 yards but the City keeper acrobatically tipped the ball over the crossbar. On the 21st minute though City grabbed the equaliser with a rasping effort from just outside the area which beat M.Wilson at his near post. On the 43rd minute we had another chance to score as F.F.Tikle-Wok barged into the area and fired the ball towards goal but yet again the City saved well. I made one change at half time as G.Dubya came on for S.Saville. The second half was eight minutes old when City grabbed another goal but luckily for us they scored in their own net as T.Way diverted a C.Fantu cross into his own net. On the 69th minute City had another chance to score as they beat the offside trap with ease and fired towards goal but the final effort was dire and went well wide of the post. With three minutes remaining in the game City should have been awarded a penalty after T.Owens brought down their attacker in the area but luckily for us and T.Owens the referee and his assistant didn’t notice and we ended the first leg 2-1 up

Hardly Athletic 2 D.O'Toole 3, T.Way og 53

Birmingham City 1 A.Balanta 21

M.Wilson, S.Carl Goatsburg, M.Kowalski (capt), T.Owens, C.Fantu, A.Marks, S.Saville (45-G.Dubya), M.Wilnard, D.O'Toole, J.Scottlee of Hesselink, F.F.Tikle-Wok

January 12th: West Ham United (A) (23/38)

West Ham flew out the blocks at us and on the 14th minute they were awarded a penalty after T.Owens handled in the area, N.Barazite stepped up and fired the penalty past M.Wilson with ease. Three minutes later it was two nil as D.Edwards headed past M.Wilson after he failed to deal with a simple cross. West Ham were dominating the game and with five minutes remaining in the half they grabbed goal number three as C.Debourd fired with ease past M.Wilson after some woeful defending in general. On the stroke of half time another ball into the defence was not dealt with a C.Cathcart rose above the defence and headed past M,Wilson. During the break I made one change as T.Owens was replaced by S.Carl Goatsburg. The second half wasn’t much better as we struggled with the simple aspects of football. However on the 64th minute we managed to score as L.di Chesterfan jinked through the defence with ease and fired under the keeper. Five minutes later though West Ham grabbed another goal with M.Bergmann barged into the area and rounded the keeper to slide the ball into the empty net. On the 75th minute the final goal was scored as C.Debourd grabbed his second of the game and West Hams sixth goal. A very poor performance

West Ham United 6 N.Barazite 14 pen, D.Edwards 17, C.Debourd 40, 75, C.Cathcart 45, M.Bergmann 69

Hardly Athletic 1 L.di Chesterfan 64

M.Wilson, B.Arsenal, L.Schnitzel, M.Kowalski (capt), T.Owens (45-S.Carl Goatsburg), C.Fantu, C.de Bruijn, S.Saville, M.Wilnard, D.O'Toole, L.di Chesterfan

January 13th: The physio has informed me that S.Stoehr has resumed full training following his injury

January 19th: Watford (A) (24/38)

We got off to a poor start as within a minute we were a goal down as R.Dimitrov broke free of my defence and fired the ball past M.Wilson. On the 9th minute Watford doubled their lead as R.Dimitrov rose above the defence and headed the ball past my keeper. Just before the half hour we came close to conceding another goal with a low shot which beat my keeper but not the upright. We just weren’t playing at all and during the interval I went mad at the players and told them I wanted a lot more from them in the second half. I made a couple of changes at half time with G.Dubya and J.Scottlee of Hesselink coming on for M.Wilnard and L.di Chesterfan. Nine minutes into the half I was forced into another change as C.de Bruijn received a blow to the head and was replaced by A.Marks. On the hour a rash challenge by M.Kowalski saw Watford awarded a penalty, M.Andrew stepped up and fired the penalty past M.Wilson who had guessed the right way. However to make his day worse he was forced off the pitch after damaging his leg, unfortunately I had used all my subs and had the play the last half hour with ten men. On the 72nd minute we managed to pull a goal back as a poor clearance by the Watford keeper was intercepted by J.Scottlee of Hesselink and fired past the keeper. The goal did little to improve our play and on the 87th minute we had the referee to thank for ruling out what looked like a clear cut goal by the Watford attack

Watford 3 R.Dimitrov 1, 9, M.Andrew 60 pen

Hardly Athletic 1 J.Scottlee of Hesselink 72

M.Wilson, B.Arsenal, L.Schnitzel, M.Kowalski (capt) (inj 60-No Replacement), T.Owens, C.Fantu, C.de Bruijn (inj 54-A.Marks), S.Saville, M.Wilnard (45-G.Dubya), D.O'Toole, L.di Chesterfan (45-J.Scottlee of Hesselink)

After the game the physio informed me that C.de Bruijn will be out of action for around 5-8 days with concussion and M.Kowalski will be missing for around a month after straining his knee ligaments with his rash challenge. I told all the fit players that they are to return to a double training session tomorrow

January 22nd: Birmingham City (A) League Cup Semi Final 2nd Leg (agg 2-1)

After the last performance I told the players to make sure they don’t blow the two goal advantage we have. My players responded brilliantly and a minute into the game we were a goal up as D.O'Toole barged into the area and fired past the City keeper. Straight from kick off we doubled the lead as L.di Chesterfan ran through the defence with ease and rounded the keeper to fire into an empty net. After the quick start the game slowed down a little and on the 37th minute we were awarded a penalty after a professional foul by T.Way to see the keeper sent off, D.O'Toole stepped up for the penalty and fired the ball past the replacement keeper with ease. During the interval I made a double change as M.Wilnard and J.Scottlee of Hesselink came on for A.Marks and L.di Chesterfan. We continued the domination and on the 66th minute we grabbed the another goal to put the tie to bed as J.Scottlee of Hesselink headed in a G.Dubya cross with ease. Six minutes later we added yet another goal as S.Carl Goatsburg headed in a S.Stoehr corner after D.O'Toole's effort was tipped round the post. We were making it look too easy and with seven minutes remaining in the game we added goal number side with J.Scottlee of Hesselink firing in his second of the game

Birmingham City 0

Hardly Athletic 6 D.O'Toole 1, 37 pen, L.di Chesterfan 2, J.Scottlee of Hesselink 66, 83, S.Carl Goatsburg 72

M.Wilson, S.Carl Goatsburg, G.Spavlachenko, T.Owens, M.Snellink, C.Fantu, A.Marks (capt) (45-M.Wilnard), S.Stoehr, G.Dubya, D.O'Toole, L.di Chesterfan (45-J.Scottlee of Hesselink)

We have progressed to the League Cup Final with an 8-1 aggregate victory where we will be facing Manchester City on the 3rd March 2019

January 23rd: Transfer news sees Birmingham City bidding £2,500,00 for want away midfielder Panpardus, I accepted the offer and left it in his hands

January 25th: Panpardus didn’t take long to accept Birmingham City's offer and has joined them for £2,500,000

January 26th: Leicester City (A) FA Cup 4th Round

We again started well and on the 5th minute we took the lead as D.O'Toole headed in a great cross from A.Marks. Eleven minutes later we had another chance to score with a rasping effort from just outside the area but the effort by G.Dubya clipped the outside of the post and went wide. On the 28th minute Leicester came close to levelling the game as they beat the offside trap with ease but M.Wilson reacted well and smothered the ball at the feet of the attacker. During the interval I made a double change as S.Saville and M.Wilnard came on for C.Fantu and S.Stoehr. Ten minutes into the half we doubled the lead as D.O'Toole threaded the ball to the feet of L.di Chesterfan who lashed the ball in off the upright to give the Leicester keeper no chance of saving On the 69th minute we had the next chance to score as S.Saville crossed into the area but L.di Chesterfan failed to connect his head to the ball and it went out. With six minutes remaining in the game Leicester had the final chance of the game with a curling effort from outside the area but M.Wilson managed to tip the ball over the crossbar.

Leicester City 0

Hardly Athletic 2 D.O'Toole 5, L.di Chesterfan 55

M.Wilson, S.Carl Goatsburg, G.Spavlachenko, T.Owens, M.Snellink, C.Fantu (45-S.Saville), A.Marks (capt), S.Stoehr (45-M.Wilnard), G.Dubya, D.O'Toole, L.di Chesterfan

January 28th: The draw for the FA Cup 5th Round has seen us draw at home against Premiership side Everton. Transfer news sees our future FA Cup opponents bidding £750,000 for G.Bear, the offer has been accepted.

January 29th: Hull City (H) (25/38)

Eleven minutes into the game we took the lead as T.Owens headed in a S.Stoehr corner after L.di Chesterfan's initial effort was well saved by the keeper. Soon after we came close to doubling our lead with a powerful effort from G.Dubya but the Hull keeper saved well again. On the 26th minute we grabbed goal number two as D.O'Toole beat the offside trap and rounded the keeper to slot the ball into the empty net. Three minutes later D.O'Toole added another goal to his recent tally with a wells truck effort which gave the keeper no chance of saving. Just before the break we had another chance with a thunderous effort from C.Fantu but the ball clipped the top of the crossbar and went out. I made a two changes at half time with M.Wilnard and F.F.Tikle-Wok coming on for A.Marks and L.di Chesterfan. Five minutes into the half though Hull pulled a goal back after some poor defending saw S.Vokes clear and goal and he wasted no time in firing past H.Chaha. On the hour Hull levelled the game as C.Evans showed M.Snellink a clean pair of heels and fired the ball past H.Chaha. Hull were looking the better side but on the 71st minute they were reduced to ten men after D.Gibson was sent off for a second yellow card. With four minutes remaining in the game the winning goal was scored as F.F.Tikle-Wok barged through the defence with ease and fired the ball under the onrushing Hull keeper

Hardly Athletic 4 T.Owens 11, D.O'Toole 26, 29, F.F.Tikle-Wok 86

Hull City 2 S.Vokes 50, C.Evans 60

H.Chaha, B.Arsenal, S.Carl Goatsburg, T.Owens, M.Snellink, C.Fantu, A.Marks (capt) (45-M.Wilnard), S.Stoehr, G.Dubya, D.O'Toole, L.di Chesterfan (45-F.F.Tikle-Wok)

January 30th: Transfer news sees G.Bear agreeing terms with Everton and has joined them for £750,000

Premier League: January

| Pos   | Inf   | Team               |       | Pld   | Won   | Drn   | Lst   | For   | Ag    | G.D.  | Pts   | 
| -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 1st   |       | Man City           |       | 25    | 19    | 2     | 4     | 50    | 25    | +25   | 59    | 
| -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 2nd   |       | Aston Villa        |       | 25    | 12    | 7     | 6     | 47    | 26    | +21   | 43    | 
| 3rd   |       | Wolves             |       | 25    | 12    | 7     | 6     | 43    | 29    | +14   | 43    | 
| 4th   |       | Chelsea            |       | 25    | 11    | 9     | 5     | 42    | 22    | +20   | 42    | 
| 5th   |       | Q.P.R.             |       | 25    | 12    | 5     | 8     | 32    | 35    | -3    | 41    | 
| 6th   |       | Wigan              |       | 25    | 9     | 9     | 7     | 35    | 29    | +6    | 36    | 
| 7th   |       | Man Utd            |       | 25    | 9     | 9     | 7     | 40    | 38    | +2    | 36    | 
| 8th   |       | West Ham           |       | 25    | 8     | 11    | 6     | 43    | 33    | +10   | 35    | 
| 9th   |       | Sunderland         |       | 25    | 10    | 5     | 10    | 36    | 33    | +3    | 35    | 
| 10th  |       | Arsenal            |       | 25    | 10    | 5     | 10    | 28    | 27    | +1    | 35    | 
| 11th  |       | Watford            |       | 25    | 9     | 6     | 10    | 28    | 36    | -8    | 33    | 
| 12th  |       | Tottenham          |       | 25    | 7     | 11    | 7     | 35    | 38    | -3    | 32    | 
| 13th  |       | Hull               |       | 25    | 8     | 6     | 11    | 33    | 39    | -6    | 30    | 
| 14th  |       | Liverpool          |       | 25    | 7     | 7     | 11    | 31    | 40    | -9    | 28    | 
| 15th  |       | Birmingham         |       | 25    | 7     | 6     | 12    | 36    | 43    | -7    | 27    | 
[b]| 16th  |       | Hardly Athletic FC |       | 25    | 6     | 8     | 11    | 33    | 43    | -10   | 26    |[/b] 
| 17th  |       | Burnley            |       | 25    | 5     | 10    | 10    | 33    | 40    | -7    | 25    | 
| 18th  |       | Sheff Utd          |       | 25    | 5     | 10    | 10    | 28    | 35    | -7    | 25    | 
| 19th  |       | Everton            |       | 25    | 6     | 7     | 12    | 26    | 41    | -15   | 25    | 
| 20th  |       | Newcastle          |       | 25    | 4     | 8     | 13    | 25    | 52    | -27   | 20    | 

February 2nd: Chelsea (H) (26/38)

A poor start saw us a goal down by the 9th minute as our defence let M.Zarate jinked into the area with ease and fired past H.Chaha. Soon after they had another chance with a rasping effort which went just wide of the post. Chelsea were dominating the game and on the 28th minute they grabbed another goal as M.Zarate headed in from close range after H.Chaha flapped at a simple cross. With nine minutes remaining in the half Chelsea made it 3-0 as N.Kantimoiris jinked through the defence with real ease and slotted the ball under H.Chaha. During the interval I went mad at the players for their distinct lack of effort. I made two changes with C.de Bruijn and F.F.Tikle-Wok coming on for C.Fantu and D.O'Toole. Four minutes into the half we pulled a goal back as some slack Chelsea defending saw substitute F.F.Tikle-Wok barging his way into the area and firing past the keeper with ease. However it was a false dawn as Chelsea continued to dominate and on the 76th minute they regained the three goal cushion as R.Scheurwater hit a wonderful effort past H.Chaha from 25 yards after the whole team failed to defend a simple ball. Deep into injury time though we pulled a goal back as a F.F.Tikle-Wok effort was handled in the area to concede a penalty, L.di Chesterfan stepped up and wasted no time in firing the ball past the keeper but in truth Chelsea should have thumped us

Hardly Athletic 2 F.F.Tikle-Wok 49, L.di Chesterfan 90+2 pen

Chelsea 4 M.Zarate 9, 28, N.Kantimoiris 36, R.Scheurwater 76

H.Chaha, B.Arsenal, S.Carl Goatsburg, T.Owens, M.Snellink, C.Fantu (45-C.de Bruijn), A.Marks (capt), S.Stoehr, S.Saville, D.O'Toole (45-F.F.Tikle-Wok), L.di Chesterfan

Cheers mametz, really enjoyed this story..

February 6th: Aston Villa (H) (27/38)

The game started slowly with little action in truth but just after the half hour we went a goal down as P.Gomes ran through the defence and rounded the keeper to fire into the empty net. On the 35th minute it was two nil as P.Gomes grabbed his second of the game. Villa were controlling the game and on the stroke of half time T.Owens headed in a goal but unfortunately it was past his own keeper to make the scoreline 3-0 to Villa at half time. I made a couple of changes at half time with C.de Bruijn and F.F.Tikle-Wok coming on for A.Marks and D.O'Toole. A minute into the half we pulled a goal back as L.di Chesterfan jinked through the Villa defence and fired the ball under the keeper. On the 55th minute we scored again but yet again it was in the wrong net as S.Carl Goatsburg diverted a low cross past H.Chaha. Six minutes later L.di Chesterfan headed in from close range from a S.Stoehr cross. On the 73rd minute though Villa's M.Heinze ran into the are unmarked and fired the ball in off the upright. We were struggling to get hold of the ball and with nine minutes remaining in the game M.Heinze headed in from close range after some poor defending and keeping saw him free. On the 83rd minute L.di Chesterfan completed his hat trick with a well struck effort from outside the area after the Villa defence seemed to relax far too much. However yet again we failed to defend as with four minutes remaining in the game M.Heinze completed his hat trick with a brave header from close range

Hardly Athletic 3 L.di Chesterfan 46, 61, 83

Aston Villa 7 P.Gomes 33, 35, T.Owens og 45+1, S.Carl Goatsburg og 55, M.Heinze 73, 81, 86

H.Chaha, B.Arsenal, S.Carl Goatsburg, T.Owens, M.Snellink, C.Fantu, A.Marks (capt) (45-C.de Bruijn), S.Stoehr, S.Saville, D.O'Toole (45-F.F.Tikle-Wok), L.di Chesterfan

Very true salkster, some very poor performances defensively and as a team

February 9th: Sunderland (A) (28/38)

We got off to a great start as within 19 second we had taken the lead as D.O'Toole ran onto a C.de Bruijn through ball and fired past the keeper. However after the goal Sunderland woke up and started to outplay us. On the 16th minute they had the chance to equalise with a long range effort which had G.Burgess at full stretch to save. Soon after they had another chance with a low rasping effort which M.Kowalski blocked. It was pretty much one way traffic and with three minutes remaining in the half we conceded as T.Owens poor back pass was intercepted and fired past the outstretched arms of G.Burgess. I made one change at half time with J.Scottlee of Hesselink coming on for L.di Chesterfan. Ten minutes into the half Sunderland came close to taking the lead as yet again some poor defending saw their attacker one on one with G.Burgess who stood firm and blocked the effort. On the 67th minute we countered Sunderland and J.Scottlee of Hesselink headed in a C.Fantu cross. Eleven minutes later Sunderland had another chance to score as a great passing move tore the team apart but yet again G.Burgess saved the day and we somehow managed to walk away with all three points

Sunderland 1 M.Hanson 42

Hardly Athletic 2 D.O'Toole 19 sec, J.Scottlee of Hesselink 67

G.Burgess, S.Carl Goatsburg, G.Spavlachenko, T.Owens, M.Kowalski (capt), C.Fantu, C.de Bruijn, S.Saville, M.Wilnard, D.O'Toole, L.di Chesterfan (45-J.Scottlee of Hesselink)

February 10th: Injury news sees the return of G.Dubya to full training after his recent injury

February 12th: International news sees M.Snellink playing the full match for Holland U20's in their 2-0 friendly victory over Mexico, he earn't himself the Man of the Match aswell as grabbing himself a goal

February 13th: International news sees S.Carl Goatsburg playing the full match for Thailand in their 2-0 victory over Bangladesh, T.Owens represented USA in their 5-0 friendly victory over Puerto Rico, he had little time to make an impact as he only came on in the 75th minute. A.Marks played for Wales in their 2-1 victory over Republic of Ireland in the Four Association Trophy, in the same match D.O'Toole made his debut for the Republic of Ireland but had little time to make an impact as he came on ion the 84th minute. B.Arsenal Captained his Singaporean side in their 3-1 loss against Greece and finally F.F.Tikle-Wok Captained his North Korean side to a 0-0 draw against New Zealand

February 16th: Everton (H) FA Cup 5th Round

The game in truth was pretty dire with little in the way of action in the first half. The only real piece of action in the first half saw Everton breaking through the defence but the effort was poor and the ball went wide of the post. I made two changes at half time with G.Dubya and F.F.Tikle-Wok coming on for M.Wilnard and L.di Chesterfan. The second half didn’t get off to a good start as J.Baxter curled in a great free-kick from 25 yards after T.Owens fouled an Everton player. Everton began to dominate the game and on the 57th minute they came close with a thunderous which had G.Burgess at full stretch to save. Five minutes later we were reduced to ten men after D.O'Toole was sent off for a second bookable offence. Everton started to press forward more but with seven minutes remaining in the game we countered Everton to see F.F.Tikle-Wok firing in from close range to give us an unlikely replay.

Hardly Athletic 1 F.F.Tikle-Wok 83

Everton 1 J.Baxter 46

G.Burgess, S.Carl Goatsburg, G.Spavlachenko, T.Owens, M.Kowalski (capt), C.Fantu, C.de Bruijn, S.Saville, M.Wilnard (45-G.Dubya), D.O'Toole, L.di Chesterfan (45-F.F.Tikle-Wok)

February 18th: The draw for the FA Cup ¼ Final sees us potentially facing an away tie with Liverpool.

February 23rd: Manchester United (A) (29/38)

Man.Utd began the better and on the 11th minute they came close as they beat the offside trap but M.Kowalski reacted well and sprinted back and cleared the ball with a thunderous challenge. Nine minutes later they had another chance with a thunderous effort which was diverted wide of the post G.Spavlachenko. It was one way traffic and on the 34th minute United had another chance with a great team move which was stopped abruptly by M.Kowalski with a great challenge. I made two changes at half time with M.Snellink and J.Scottlee of Hesselink coming on for T.Owens and F.F.Tikle-Wok. The second half was seven minutes old when United finally grabbed the lead they deserved as A.Ekdal headed in from close range after G.Burgess misjudged the flight of the ball. On the 57th minute it was two nil as W.Rooney barged his way into the area and fired the ball in off the upright to beat G.Burgess. United were controlling the game and with twelve minutes remaining in the game United made it three nil with Alejandro jinking past my defence and rounding the keeper to slide the ball into the open net

Manchester United 3 A.Ekdal 52, W.Rooney 57, Alejandro 78

Hardly Athletic 0

G.Burgess, S.Carl Goatsburg, G.Spavlachenko, T.Owens (45-M.Snellink), M.Kowalski (capt), C.Fantu, C.de Bruijn, S.Saville, M.Wilnard, F.F.Tikle-Wok (45-J.Scottlee of Hesselink), L.di Chesterfan

February 27th: Everton (A) FA Cup 5th Round Replay

The replay pretty much played out like the first game and on the 10th minute Everton took the lead as T.Molloy headed in past G.Burgess after my defence seemed to be still in the changing room. Eight minutes later they had another chance with some great team play which ended with a pretty poor shot which went wide of the post. On the 24th minute we equalised as M.Cranie diverted the ball past his own keeper from a C.Fantu cross. However nine minutes later T.Molley gave the lead back to Everton with a low effort past my keeper. With three minutes remaining in the half Everton increased their lead as T.Cleverley beat the offside trap and fired past G.Burgess. I made one change at half time with J.Scottlee of Hesselink coming on for F.F.Tikle-Wok. The second half was much the same as Everton Dominated and on the 73rd minute J.Baxter made it 4-1 with a powerful free-kick after C.de Bruijn was adjudged to have handled the ball. With five minutes remaining in the game we pulled a goal back as L.di Chesterfan tapped in from close range after the Everton defence failed to deal with a S.Saville low cross.

Everton 4 T.Molloy 10, 33, T.Cleverley 42, J.Baxter 73

Hardly Athletic 2 M.Cranie og 24, L.di Chesterfan 85

G.Burgess, S.Carl Goatsburg, G.Spavlachenko, T.Owens, M.Kowalski (capt), C.Fantu, C.de Bruijn, S.Saville, M.Wilnard, F.F.Tikle-Wok (45-J.Scottlee of Hesselink), L.di Chesterfan

Premier League: February

| Pos   | Inf   | Team               |       | Pld   | Won   | Drn   | Lst   | For   | Ag    | G.D.  | Pts   | 
| 1st   |       | Man City           |       | 28    | 20    | 4     | 4     | 54    | 26    | +28   | 64    | 
| 2nd   |       | Wolves             |       | 29    | 15    | 7     | 7     | 52    | 33    | +19   | 52    | 
| 3rd   |       | Aston Villa        |       | 29    | 14    | 7     | 8     | 57    | 33    | +24   | 49    | 
| 4th   |       | Chelsea            |       | 29    | 13    | 9     | 7     | 49    | 29    | +20   | 48    | 
| 5th   |       | Wigan              |       | 29    | 12    | 10    | 7     | 44    | 34    | +10   | 46    | 
| 6th   |       | Q.P.R.             |       | 28    | 13    | 5     | 10    | 34    | 39    | -5    | 44    | 
| 7th   |       | West Ham           |       | 29    | 10    | 12    | 7     | 55    | 39    | +16   | 42    | 
| 8th   |       | Man Utd            |       | 28    | 11    | 9     | 8     | 48    | 43    | +5    | 42    | 
| 9th   |       | Arsenal            |       | 29    | 12    | 5     | 12    | 32    | 34    | -2    | 41    | 
| 10th  |       | Watford            |       | 29    | 11    | 8     | 10    | 35    | 41    | -6    | 41    | 
| 11th  |       | Sunderland         |       | 29    | 11    | 5     | 13    | 45    | 41    | +4    | 38    | 
| 12th  |       | Tottenham          |       | 29    | 8     | 11    | 10    | 41    | 48    | -7    | 35    | 
| 13th  |       | Birmingham         |       | 29    | 9     | 7     | 13    | 46    | 54    | -8    | 34    | 
| 14th  |       | Liverpool          |       | 29    | 9     | 7     | 13    | 38    | 46    | -8    | 34    | 
| 15th  |       | Hull               |       | 28    | 9     | 6     | 13    | 38    | 46    | -8    | 33    | 
| 16th  |       | Everton            |       | 29    | 8     | 8     | 13    | 33    | 46    | -13   | 32    | 
| 17th  |       | Burnley            |       | 29    | 7     | 10    | 12    | 40    | 49    | -9    | 31    | 
[b]| 18th  |       | Hardly Athletic FC |       | 29    | 7     | 8     | 14    | 40    | 58    | -18   | 29    |[/b] 
| 19th  |       | Sheff Utd          |       | 29    | 6     | 10    | 13    | 31    | 40    | -9    | 28    | 
| 20th  |       | Newcastle          |       | 29    | 5     | 8     | 16    | 31    | 64    | -33   | 23    | 

March 3rd: Manchester City (Wembley Stadium, London) League Cup Final

City started the better and on the 7th minute they had the first chance of the game as N.Harvey ran through my defence with ease and fired towards goal but G.Burgess saved well. Eight minutes later they had another chance with a curling effort from the corner of the area but T.Owens managed to head the ball off the line after the it had beaten G.Burgess. After the chance we finally started to play and on the 25th minute we took the lead with our first effort as L.di Chesterfan jinked past C.Azpilicueta and G.Clichy to fire past J.Hart. Four minutes later the game changed as S.Tasci was sent off for a two footed lunge on F.F.Tikle-Wok. City made a change as M.Richards came on for A.Lennon. On the 36th minute City had the chance to equalise as J.Tekay rose above my defence and headed a S.Ireland cross towards goal but G.Burgess tipped the ball round the post. On the stroke of half time we doubled the lead as L.di Chesterfan headed in a C.Fantu cross.

Half Time Score 2-0

I made two changes at half time as G.Dubya and D.O'Toole came on for S.Stoehr and F.F.Tikle-Wok. Four minutes into the half City were reduced to nine men as J.Hart was sent off for a professional foul after he brought down D.O'Toole in the area, Substitute keeper K.Vermeer came on for N.Harvey. D.O'Toole stepped up for the penalty and sent the keeper the wrong was to make it three nil. On the 53rd minute though City were forced into another change as M.Mancienne came on and went in goal after a M.Kowalski challenge saw K.Vermeer unable to continue. Six minutes later we added another goal as D.O'Toole rose above the defence and headed a C.de Bruijn cross past M.Mancienne. On the 64th minute we grabbed another goal as D.O'Toole completed his hat trick as we split open the City defence. City were struggling to keep us at bay and on the 70th minute we completed the rout as D.O'Toole beat the offside trap and fired the ball under the diving M.Mancienne who was unable to stop the effort. At the final whistle we went wild and the fans roared with delight as M.Kowalski lifted the trophy.

Hardly Athletic 6 L.di Chesterfan 25, 45, D.O'Toole 49 pen, 59, 64, 70

Manchester City 0

Hardly Athletic: G.Burgess, S.Carl Goatsburg, G.Spavlachenko, T.Owens, M.Kowalski (capt), C.Fantu, C.de Bruijn, S.Stoehr (45-G.Dubya), M.Wilnard, F.F.Tikle-Wok (45-D.O'Toole), L.di Chesterfan

Manchester City: J.Hart, V.Camilleri, S.Tasci, C.Azpilicueta, G.Clichy, A.Lennon (29-M.Richards), S.Ireland, Paulo , J.Moutinho (capt), J.Tekay, N.Harvey (49-K.Vermeer inj 53-M.Mancienne)

March 6th: Everton (H) (30/38)

We began well and on the 12th minute we took the lead as F.F.Tikle-Wok ran into the area and tapped in from close range after a great cross from C.de Bruijn. Ten minutes later we had another chance as L.di Chesterfan barged into the area and fired towards goal but his effort was well saved by the Everton keeper. With seven minutes into the half remaining Everton levelled the score with a powerful effort from J.Vaughan which gave G.Burgess no chance of saving. During the interval I made a double change M.Snellink and D.O'Toole came on for M.Kowalski and L.di Chesterfan. The second half was dominated by Everton and on the 57th minute they came close with a thunderous effort which had G.Burgess at full stretch to save. Seven minutes later I was forced into a change as T.Owens picked up a dead leg and was replaced by L.Schnitzel. On the 76th minute Everton took the lead as A.Diaby used his strength to get through the defence and wasted no time in firing past my keeper. With six minutes left in the game we countered Everton and D.O'Toole finished the move to level the scoreline. However on the stroke of full time Everton grabbed the winner as J.Vaughan headed over G.Burgess after we failed to deal with a long ball into the area

Hardly Athletic 2 F.F.Tikle-Wok 12, D.O'Toole 84

Everton 3 J.Vaughan 38, 90, A.Diaby 76

G.Burgess, S.Carl Goatsburg, G.Spavlachenko, T.Owens (inj 63-L.Schnitzel), M.Kowalski (capt) (45-M.Snellink), C.Fantu, C.de Bruijn, S.Stoehr, M.Wilnard, F.F.Tikle-Wok, L.di Chesterfan (45-D.O'Toole)

After the game the physio informed me that T.Owens will be out only for a few days after receiving a dead leg

March 16th: Tottenham Hotspur (A) (31/38)

Eight minutes into the game I was forced into a change as T.Owens landed awkwardly whilst leaping for a ball, his replacement was M.Snellink. Soon after we had the first chance of the game as C.Fantu crossed the ball into the area but M.Wilnard headed the ball just wide of the post. On the 19th minute we had another chance with a curling effort from S.Stoehr which had the Spurs keeper at full stretch to save. Six minutes later we grabbed the lead as F.F.Tikle-Wok bravely headed in a C.Fantu cross. Just after the half hour Spurs came close to levelling the tie after a loose ball in the midfield was intercepted by the Spurs attack but before they had the chance to shoot M.Kowalski slid in and cleared the ball. During the interval I made one change with D.O'Toole coming on for L.di Chesterfan who had been pretty anonymous in the first half. The second half though didn’t get off to the best of starts as on the 52nd minute Spurs equalised as A.McGready beat the offside trap and rounded G.Burgess to tap the ball into the empty net. Seven minutes later we retook the lead as a long punt up-field by G.Spavlachenko was volleyed into the top corner by D.O'Toole. On the 67th minute we had our next chance with a great team move which saw S.Stoehr firing the ball just wide of the post when it was easier to score. Four minutes later Spurs levelled the game again as T.Necid fired in from close range to give Spurs an undeserved share of the points

Tottenham Hotspur 2 A.McGready 52, T.Necid 71

Hardly Athletic 2 F.F.Tikle-Wok 25, D.O'Toole 59

G.Burgess, S.Carl Goatsburg, G.Spavlachenko, T.Owens (inj 8-M.Snellink), M.Kowalski (capt), C.Fantu, C.de Bruijn, S.Stoehr, M.Wilnard, F.F.Tikle-Wok, L.di Chesterfan (45-D.O'Toole)

After the game the physio informed me that T.Owens will be out for around a month after spraining his ankle

It was as much a surprise to me, It helped having them lose a few players

March 24th: Q.P.R (H) (32/38)

We started the better and on the 5th minute we had the chance to take the lead as M.Wilnard's powerful effort was handled in the area for a penalty, D.O'Toole stepped up for the penalty and fired towards goal but the Q.P.R keeper guessed right and saved the ball. Twelve minutes later we had another chance with C.de Bruijn hit a thunderous effort towards goal but the Q.P.R keeper tipped the ball around the upright.. On the 27th minute we got the lead we deserved as D.O'Toole jinked through the defence with ease and fired the ball under the onrushing keeper. Three minutes later it got even better as C.Fantu curled a great free-kick past the Q.P.R keeper after L.di Chesterfan was fouled on the way to goal. During the interval I made a double change as B.Arsenal and F.F.Tikle-Wok came on for G.Spavlachenko and L.di Chesterfan. The second half was much the same as we dominated the game but we struggled to finish any of our attacks but with ten minutes remaining in the game we conceded a silly goal as M.Abdellaoue barged his way into the area and fired the ball G.Burgess.

Hardly Athletic 2 D.O'Toole 27, C.Fantu 30

Q.P.R 1 M.Abdellaoue 80

G.Burgess, S.Carl Goatsburg, G.Spavlachenko (45-B.Arsenal), L.Schnitzel, M.Kowalski (capt), C.Fantu, C.de Bruijn, S.Stoehr, M.Wilnard, D.O'Toole, L.di Chesterfan (45-F.F.Tikle-Wok)

March 30th: International news sees C.Fantu playing the full match for Armenia in their 5-0 loss against Finland in the Euro Qualifiers. A.Marks played for Wales in their 4-2 Euro Qualifying victory over Austria, he capped the game off with a goalkeepers

Premier League: March

| 1st   |       | Man City           |       | 32    | 22    | 6     | 4     | 64    | 30    | +34   | 72    | 
| 2nd   |       | Wolves             |       | 32    | 17    | 8     | 7     | 55    | 34    | +21   | 59    | 
| 3rd   |       | Aston Villa        |       | 32    | 15    | 9     | 8     | 61    | 35    | +26   | 54    | 
| 4th   |       | Chelsea            |       | 32    | 14    | 10    | 8     | 54    | 33    | +21   | 52    | 
| 5th   |       | West Ham           |       | 32    | 12    | 13    | 7     | 58    | 39    | +19   | 49    | 
| 6th   |       | Wigan              |       | 32    | 13    | 10    | 9     | 47    | 38    | +9    | 49    | 
| 7th   |       | Man Utd            |       | 32    | 13    | 10    | 9     | 57    | 50    | +7    | 49    | 
| 8th   |       | Q.P.R.             |       | 32    | 14    | 5     | 13    | 40    | 48    | -8    | 47    | 
| 9th   |       | Watford            |       | 32    | 12    | 10    | 10    | 42    | 46    | -4    | 46    | 
| 10th  |       | Arsenal            |       | 32    | 12    | 8     | 12    | 36    | 38    | -2    | 44    | 
| 11th  |       | Sunderland         |       | 32    | 11    | 7     | 14    | 50    | 47    | +3    | 40    | 
| 12th  |       | Everton            |       | 32    | 10    | 9     | 13    | 39    | 50    | -11   | 39    | 
| 13th  |       | Liverpool          |       | 32    | 10    | 8     | 14    | 44    | 54    | -10   | 38    | 
| 14th  |       | Tottenham          |       | 32    | 8     | 13    | 11    | 45    | 53    | -8    | 37    | 
| 15th  |       | Hull               |       | 32    | 10    | 7     | 15    | 42    | 55    | -13   | 37    | 
| 16th  |       | Birmingham         |       | 32    | 9     | 8     | 15    | 48    | 59    | -11   | 35    | 
| 17th  |       | Sheff Utd          |       | 32    | 7     | 12    | 13    | 36    | 44    | -8    | 33    | 
[b]| 18th  |       | Hardly Athletic FC |       | 32    | 8     | 9     | 15    | 46    | 64    | -18   | 33    |[/b] 
| 19th  |       | Burnley            |       | 32    | 7     | 10    | 15    | 41    | 54    | -13   | 31    | 
| 20th  |       | Newcastle          |       | 32    | 5     | 10    | 17    | 35    | 69    | -34   | 25    | 

April 2nd: International news sees M.Snellink play 78 minutes for Holland U21's in their 2-1 friendly victory over Russia, he however earn't himself a booking

April 3rd: More international news sees S.Carl Goatsburg play for Thailand in their 1-1 friendly draw with China (PR), A.Marks came on in the 69th minute for Wales in their 2-1 friendly victory over Poland, B.Arsenal Captained Singapore in their 4-0 friendly loss against Serbia and finally G.Dubya came on in the 73rd minute for the USA in their 1-0 victory over Northern Ireland

April 7th: Wigan Athletic (A) (33/38)

The first half was a pretty close affair and on the 13th minute we took the lead as L.di Chesterfan showed some great skill to beat the Wigan defence and dinked the ball over the onrushing keeper. However three minutes later we conceded a silly penalty after L.Schnitzel for some reason handled the ball, J.Martin stepped up and fired the penalty past G.Burgess. On the 29th minute we had another chance to score with D.O'Toole coming close after beating the offside trap but his effort went just wide of the post. Just before the break Wigan came close to grabbing the lead with a powerful effort which rattled the upright. I made one change at half time with B.Arsenal coming on for S.Carl Goatsburg. The second half though was all Wigan as they upped the gears and dominated and on the 62nd minute they had the chance to score as we failed to deal with a simple ball into the area but M.Kowalski heading the ball clear off the line. Eleven minutes later Wigan grabbed the lead as J.Nilsson jinked into the area with real ease and fired the ball past G.Burgess. We just weren’t getting near the ball and with two minutes remaining in the game Wigan killed the game off as J.Nilsson fired in his second of the game and Wigan's third.

Wigan Athletic 3 J.Martin 16 pen, J.Nilsson 73, 88

Hardly Athletic 1 L.di Chesterfan 13

G.Burgess, S.Carl Goatsburg (45-B.Arsenal), G.Spavlachenko, L.Schnitzel, M.Kowalski (capt), C.Fantu, C.de Bruijn, S.Stoehr, M.Wilnard, D.O'Toole, L.di Chesterfan

April 13th: Wolverhampton Wanderers (A) (34/38)

We started well and on the 17th minute we came close to opening the scoring as L.di Chesterfan ran into the area unmarked and fired towards goal but the ball went just wide of the post. Six minutes later Wolves came close to grabbing the lead with a long range effort which had M.Wilson at full stretch to save. On the half hour we had yet another chance to score with D.O'Toole playing a one two with S.Stoehr but before he had the chance to shoot the Wolves defence cleared the ball. During the interval I made a double change as A.Marks and J.Scottlee of Hesselink came on for C.de Bruijn and D.O'Toole. Seven minutes into the half we opened the scoring as G.Spavlachenko diverted a Wolves cross past M.Wilson for an own goal. On the 54th minute Wolves made it two nil with G.Nemeth barging into the area and fired past M.Wilson with a thunderous effort. Two minutes later we failed to clear a simple ball and G.Nemeth took full advantage and slotted the ball home. Wolves were controlling the game and on the 76th minute they made it four nil with L.Schnitzel heading in a powerful cross. Not a great second half at all lads and now were in some serious trouble

Wolverhampton Wanderers 4 G.Spavlachenko og 52, G.Nemeth 54, 56, L.Schnitzel og 76

Hardly Athletic 0

M.Wilson, S.Carl Goatsburg, G.Spavlachenko, L.Schnitzel, M.Kowalski (capt), C.Fantu, C.de Bruijn (45-A.Marks), S.Stoehr, G.Dubya, D.O'Toole (45-J.Scottlee of Hesselink), L.di Chesterfan

April 16th: Injury news sees the return of T.Owens after his injury

April 22nd: Injury news sees S.Stoehr out for 5-7 days after stubbing his toe in training

April 27th: Sheffield United (H) (35/38)

We started this six pointer the better and on the 17th minute we took the lead as L.di Chesterfan showed great skill to beat his marker and fired past the onrushing keeper. Seven minutes later though I was forced into a change as S.Carl Goatsburg came on for the injured B.Arsenal who had received a blow to the leg. Just after the half hour we had another chance with a thunderous effort from C.Fantu but his effort flew just past the upright. With two minutes remaining in the half we doubled our lead as L.di Chesterfan headed in well from close range after the United keeper flapped at a C.de Bruijn cross. On the stroke of half time we let ourselves down as United broke down the wing and a great cross wasn’t dealt with by my defence and J.Garner headed in over M.Wilson. During the interval I made a change as J.Scottlee of Hesselink came on for D.O'Toole. On the hour United had the chance to equalise as we again failed to deal with a simple low cross but luckily for us the United attack fluffed the effort. However on the 71st minute Sheff Utd grabbed a share of the points as J.Bowyer barged his way past my defence and fired the ball past the outstretched arms of M.Wilson

Hardly Athletic 2 L.di Chesterfan 17, 43

Sheffield United 2 J.Garner 45, J.Bowyer 71

M.Wilson, B.Arsenal (inj 24-S.Carl Goatsburg), G.Spavlachenko, L.Schnitzel, M.Kowalski (capt), C.Fantu, C.de Bruijn, S.Stoehr, G.Dubya, D.O'Toole (45-J.Scottlee of Hesselink), L.di Chesterfan

After the game the physio informed me that B.Arsenal will be out for a couple of days with a dead leg and L.di Chesterfan will be out for around a week after receiving a blow to the head

Premier League: April

| 1st   | C     | Man City           |       | 35    | 23    | 8     | 4     | 68    | 32    | +36   | 77    | 
| 2nd   |       | Aston Villa        |       | 35    | 18    | 9     | 8     | 72    | 40    | +32   | 63    | 
| 3rd   |       | Wolves             |       | 35    | 18    | 8     | 9     | 60    | 37    | +23   | 62    | 
| 4th   |       | Wigan              |       | 35    | 15    | 11    | 9     | 54    | 40    | +14   | 56    | 
| 5th   |       | Chelsea            |       | 35    | 15    | 10    | 10    | 56    | 37    | +19   | 55    | 
| 6th   |       | West Ham           |       | 35    | 13    | 14    | 8     | 61    | 44    | +17   | 53    | 
| 7th   |       | Q.P.R.             |       | 35    | 16    | 5     | 14    | 47    | 53    | -6    | 53    | 
| 8th   |       | Watford            |       | 35    | 13    | 12    | 10    | 46    | 49    | -3    | 51    | 
| 9th   |       | Man Utd            |       | 35    | 13    | 11    | 11    | 59    | 57    | +2    | 50    | 
| 10th  |       | Arsenal            |       | 35    | 13    | 9     | 13    | 41    | 45    | -4    | 48    | 
| 11th  |       | Sunderland         |       | 35    | 12    | 9     | 14    | 57    | 51    | +6    | 45    | 
| 12th  |       | Everton            |       | 35    | 12    | 9     | 14    | 44    | 55    | -11   | 45    | 
| 13th  |       | Tottenham          |       | 35    | 10    | 14    | 11    | 50    | 55    | -5    | 44    | 
| 14th  |       | Hull               |       | 35    | 12    | 8     | 15    | 49    | 59    | -10   | 44    | 
| 15th  |       | Liverpool          |       | 35    | 11    | 8     | 16    | 51    | 60    | -9    | 41    | 
| 16th  |       | Birmingham         |       | 35    | 10    | 8     | 17    | 53    | 64    | -11   | 38    | 
| 17th  |       | Sheff Utd          |       | 35    | 7     | 13    | 15    | 38    | 51    | -13   | 34    | 
[b]| 18th  |       | Hardly Athletic FC |       | 35    | 8     | 10    | 17    | 49    | 73    | -24   | 34    | [/b]
| 19th  |       | Burnley            |       | 35    | 7     | 11    | 17    | 45    | 60    | -15   | 32    | 
| 20th  |       | Newcastle          |       | 35    | 5     | 11    | 19    | 38    | 76    | -38   | 26    | 

May 4th: Newcastle United (A) (36/38)

A poor start saw us a goal down within a minute as S.Church beat the offside trap with ease and dinked the ball over M.Wilson. However on the 8th minute we levelled the game as G,Dubya crossed into the area and D.O'Toole headed past the United keeper. Ten minutes later we had another chance with L.di Chesterfan coming close from the edge of the area after running onto a loose ball in the midfield. On the 24th minute Newcastle retook the lead as S.Church barged past L.Schnitzel and rounded M.Wilson to slot the ball into the empty net. Just after the half hour we had another chance to score with S.Saville curling the ball towards the top corner of the goal but the United keeper tipped the ball over the crossbar. During the interval I made a change as F.F.Tikle-Wok came on for L.di Chesterfan. The second half was twelve minutes old when we came close to levelling the tie as F.F.Tikle-Wok made his way unmarked into the area but his header from a C.Fantu cross saw the ball went wide of the post. We were controlling the second half and on the 79th minute we had another chance as M.Kowalski rose above the defence but his header went straight into the keepers arms. With four minutes remaining in the game I was forced into a change as G.Spavlachenko fell awkwardly leaping for a ball, his replacement was A.Marks.

Newcastle United 2 S.Church 1, 24

Hardly Athletic 1 D.O'Toole 8

M.Wilson, B.Arsenal, G.Spavlachenko (inj 86-A.Marks), L.Schnitzel, M.Kowalski (capt), C.Fantu, C.de Bruijn, S.Saville, G.Dubya, D.O'Toole, L.di Chesterfan (45-F.F.Tikle-Wok)

After the game the physio informed me that G.Spavlachenko will miss the rest of the season after breaking his arm and will be out for around 5-6 weeks

May 11th: Birmingham City (H) (37/38)

A real must win game and I told the players that anything but a win could see our season over. However it was City who started the better and on the 9th minute they came close to taking the lead as they broke past my defence and fired under M.Wilson but T.Owens reacted well and cleared the ball off the line. Soon after they had another chance with a curling effort which was diverted wide by B.Arsenal. On the 22nd minute and against the run of play we took the lead as D.O'Toole used his strength to beat the City defence and fired with power past the keeper. Ten minutes later though City levelled the game as F.Muamba fired in from the penalty spot after M.Kowalski was adjudged to have handled a City effort. With six minutes remaining in the half we were awarded a penalty ourselves after G.Dubya was brought down in the area, D.O'Toole stepped up for the penalty and sent the keeper the wrong way to give us back the lead. During the interval I made a double change as S.Carl Goatsburg and L.di Chesterfan came on for M.Kowalski and J.Scottlee of Hesselink. The second half was a lot better for us as we upped our game and began to dominate the City side. On the 59th minute we had the chance to extend our lead as S.Saville hit a powerful effort from the corner of the effort but the City keeper was alert enough to tip the ball around the post. With fifteen minutes remaining in the game we managed to extend our lead with D.O'Toole completing his hat trick with a well struck effort from just inside the area. On the 88th minute the final goal was scored as L.di Chesterfan headed in from a C.Fantu free-kick after D.O'Toole was brought down on the way to goal

Hardly Athletic 4 D.O'Toole 22, 39 pen, 75, L.di Chesterfan 88

Birmingham City 1 F.Muamba 32 pen

M.Wilson, B.Arsenal, L.Schnitzel, T.Owens, M.Kowalski (capt) (45-S.Carl Goatsburg), C.Fantu, C.de Bruijn, S.Saville, G.Dubya, D.O'Toole, J.Scottlee of Hesselink (45-L.di Chesterfan)

May 19th: Manchester City (A) (38/38)

The maths is pretty simple we must better what Sheffield United do as they face Birmingham City at home. As expected we started nervously and City came close to taking the lead on the 14th minute as a wayward pass by L.Schnitzel saw the City attack one on one with M.Wilson but he managed to stand firm and save the ball. Eight minutes later they had another chance with a long range effort which was diverted wide of the post by T.Owens. However on the 27th minute we took the lead as C.Fantu curled in a brilliant free-kick from 25 yards after F.F.Tikle-Wok was brought down on the way to goal. Three minutes later though City levelled the game as L.de Jong headed in a great corner. With two minutes remaining in the half City took the lead as J.Moutinho fired in past M.Wilson to dent our survival hopes. During the interval I made a double change as A.Marks and L.di Chesterfan came on for C.Fantu and D.O'Toole. I told the players we must go for it. Within a minute of the restart the next goal was scored as substitute L.di Chesterfan hit a great effort with his first touch to level the game. On the 58th minute I could hear our fans cheering and found out that Birmingham City had taken the lead against Sheff Utd. However three minutes later this meant nothing as City retook the lead with J.Moutinho doing the honours from close range. On the 68th minute we again levelled the scoreline as L.di Chesterfan jinked past the City defence and fired under the onrushing keeper. Three minutes later we grabbed the lead as L.di Chesterfan completed his hat trick with a daisy cutter from just inside the area. On the 85th minute I changed the formation to a 5-4-1. Two minutes later we had another chance as a long ball over the top by T.Owens was volleyed towards goal by F.F.Tikle-Wok but the City keeper saved well to deny us

Manchester City 3 L.de Jong 30, J.Moutinho 43, 61

Hardly Athletic 4 C.Fantu 27, L.di Chesterfan 46, 68, 71

M.Wilson, B.Arsenal, L.Schnitzel, T.Owens, M.Kowalski (capt), C.Fantu (45-A.Marks), C.de Bruijn, S.Saville, G.Dubya, D.O'Toole (45-L.di Chesterfan), F.F.Tikle-Wok

We had to wait a few minutes after the final whistle to find out the final result for the Sheffield United v Birmingham City game and after what it seemed like an eternity we got the news we wanted and that it that City beat United 1-0 to see United go down instead of us...Boys that was far too close

Premier League Final Table:

| 1st   | C     | Man City           |       | 38    | 24    | 8     | 6     | 74    | 38    | +36   | 80    | 
| 2nd   |       | Aston Villa        |       | 38    | 21    | 9     | 8     | 80    | 43    | +37   | 72    | 
| 3rd   |       | Wolves             |       | 38    | 19    | 9     | 10    | 61    | 38    | +23   | 66    | 
| 4th   |       | Chelsea            |       | 38    | 17    | 11    | 10    | 61    | 40    | +21   | 62    | 
| 5th   |       | Wigan              |       | 38    | 16    | 11    | 11    | 57    | 46    | +11   | 59    | 
| 6th   |       | Man Utd            |       | 38    | 15    | 12    | 11    | 66    | 60    | +6    | 57    | 
| 7th   |       | West Ham           |       | 38    | 14    | 14    | 10    | 65    | 47    | +18   | 56    | 
| 8th   |       | Watford            |       | 38    | 14    | 13    | 11    | 50    | 53    | -3    | 55    | 
| 9th   |       | Q.P.R.             |       | 38    | 16    | 6     | 16    | 49    | 58    | -9    | 54    | 
| 10th  |       | Arsenal            |       | 38    | 14    | 10    | 14    | 47    | 51    | -4    | 52    | 
| 11th  |       | Tottenham          |       | 38    | 12    | 15    | 11    | 57    | 60    | -3    | 51    | 
| 12th  |       | Sunderland         |       | 38    | 13    | 9     | 16    | 63    | 58    | +5    | 48    | 
| 13th  |       | Liverpool          |       | 38    | 13    | 9     | 16    | 56    | 63    | -7    | 48    | 
| 14th  |       | Everton            |       | 38    | 13    | 9     | 16    | 47    | 60    | -13   | 48    | 
| 15th  |       | Hull               |       | 38    | 12    | 9     | 17    | 56    | 70    | -14   | 45    | 
| 16th  |       | Birmingham         |       | 38    | 12    | 8     | 18    | 58    | 68    | -10   | 44    | 
[b]| 17th  |       | Hardly Athletic FC |       | 38    | 10    | 10    | 18    | 58    | 79    | -21   | 40    | 
| -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|[/b] 
| 18th  | R     | Sheff Utd          |       | 38    | 7     | 15    | 16    | 40    | 54    | -14   | 36    | 
| 19th  | R     | Burnley            |       | 38    | 7     | 11    | 20    | 47    | 68    | -21   | 32    | 
| 20th  | R     | Newcastle          |       | 38    | 6     | 12    | 20    | 42    | 80    | -38   | 30    | 

End of Season Stats:

| Pkd    | Inf    | Name                        | Position  | Con    | Apps   | Gls    | Av Rat | Last 5 Games | Morale    | 
| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| -      |        | Habte Chaha                 | GK        | 94%    | 7      | -      | 6.56   |              | Good      | 
| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| -      |        | George Burgess              | GK        | 97%    | 23 (1) | -      | 6.77   |              | Good      | 
| -      |        | Mark Wilson                 | GK        | 99%    | 19     | -      | 6.83   |              | Superb    | 
| -      |        | Terry Owens                 | SW, D C   | 86%    | 37     | 1      | 6.65   |              | Superb    | 
| -      |        | Supat Carl Goatsburg        | D RLC     | 100%   | 28 (5) | 1      | 6.90   |              | Very Good | 
| -      |        | Mike Kowalski               | D RLC     | 91%    | 26 (2) | -      | 6.50   |              | Superb    | 
| -      |        | Luca Schnitzel              | D RLC     | 85%    | 24 (4) | -      | 6.51   |              | Good      | 
| -      |        | Ben Arsenal                 | D R       | 87%    | 20 (2) | -      | 6.60   |              | Superb    | 
| -      | Inj    | Gavel Spavlachenko          | D RL, M L | 71%    | 40     | -      | 6.93   |              | Poor      | 
| -      |        | Mark Snellink               | D C       | 96%    | 21 (8) | -      | 6.74   |              | Okay      | 
| -      |        | Chris de Bruijn             | WB/AM L   | 81%    | 33 (5) | 2      | 6.66   |              | Very Good | 
| -      |        | Steve Stoehr                | DM, M C   | 84%    | 29 (3) | -      | 6.85   |              | Superb    | 
| -      |        | Stuart Saville              | DM, AM C  | 98%    | 18 (5) | -      | 6.64   |              | Poor      | 
| -      |        | Ashley Marks                | M RLC     | 85%    | 27 (7) | 2      | 6.74   |              | Very Good | 
| -      |        | Gee Dubya                   | M C       | 85%    | 20 (8) | 3      | 6.96   |              | Superb    | 
| -      |        | Chester Fantu               | AM RC     | 92%    | 40 (4) | 2      | 6.73   |              | Superb    | 
| -      |        | Mark Wilnard                | AM C      | 97%    | 27 (5) | 2      | 6.89   |              | Poor      | 
| -      |        | Fling-Flong Tikle-Wok       | F C       | 81%    | 21 (7) | 8      | 6.76   |              | Superb    | 
| -      |        | Danny O'Toole               | F C       | 93%    | 32 (11)| 31     | 7.12   |              | Superb    | 
| -      |        | James Scottlee of Hesselink | ST        | 95%    | 21 (10)| 14     | 6.94   |              | Very Good | 
| -      |        | Leandro di Chesterfan       | ST        | 92%    | 24 (14)| 21     | 6.98   |              | Good      | 

Hardly Athletic Career Stats:

| Name                        | Username       | Position  | Apps    | Gls  | Con | Ave.Rat|  
|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| Habte Chaha                 | Makonnen       | GK        | 169(1)  | ---  | 278 | 6.65   |
|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| George Burgess              | Burgess Basso  | GK        | 213(3)  | ---  | 260 | 6.82   |
| Mark Wilson                 | mark wilson27  | GK        | 153(1)  | ---  | 187 | 6.77   |  
| Terry Owens                 | Tenthreeleader | SW, D C   | 417(15) | 30   | --- | 6.83   |
| Supat Carl Goatsburg        | SCIAG          | D RLC     | 297(25) | 7    | --- | 6.86   |  
| Mike Kowalski               | Celtic_1967    | D RLC     | 319(19) | 10   | --- | 6.64   |  
| Luca Schnitzel              | Satio          | D RLC     | 330(29) | 11   | --- | 6.68   |  
| Ben Arsenal                 | BenArsenal     | D R       | 331(24) | 4    | --- | 6.71   |  
| Gavel Spavlachenko          | Spav           | D RL, M L | 368(25) | 3    | --- | 6.93   |  
| Mark Snellink               | Mark Snellink  | D C       | 21 (8)  | ---  | --- | 6.74   | 
| -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| Chris de Bruijn             | WLKRAS         | WB/AM L   | 373(26) | 21   | --- | 6.69   | 
| Steve Stoehr                | stoehrst       | DM, M C   | 285(61) | 18   | --- | 6.85   | 
| Stuart Saville              | minisav        | DM, AM C  | 224(67) | 27   | --- | 6.74   |
| Ashley Marks                | Manxie_Ash     | M RLC     | 336(54) | 43   | --- | 6.83   |  
| Gee Dubya                   | stoehrst       | M C       | 20 (8)  | 3    | --- | 6.96   |   
| -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|  
| Marc Samedan                | Mametz1536     | M R       | 91 (13) | 5    | --- | 6.67   |  
| Ishu                        | Ishu           | AM R      | 89 (26) | 3    | --- | 6.52   |
| Chester Fantu               | chesterfan2    | AM RC     | 239(70) | 37   | --- | 6.79   |
| Mark Wilnard                | mark wilson27  | AM C      | 27 (5)  | 2    | --- | 6.89   |
| Gennaro Bear                | Gennaro08      | AM C      | 187(50) | 9    | --- | 6.76   |
| Panpardus                   | Panpardus      | AM C      | 212(64) | 34   | --- | 6.84   | 
| Arthur Anymoredohnuts       | Salkster2102   | F C       | 161(92) | 52   | --- | 6.47   | 
| Fling-Flong Tikle-Wok       | gavrenwick     | F C       | 246(118)| 109  | --- | 6.75   |
| Danny O'Toole               | BobBev         | F C       | 326(84) | 233  | --- | 7.04   |
| James Scottlee of Hesselink | ScottleeSV     | ST        | 255(67) | 115  | --- | 6.99   |  
| Leandro di Chesterfan       | chesterfan2    | ST        | 40 (21) | 30   | --- | 7.03   | 

Authors Notes: With the end of the season comes the end of the story. Its been a really enjoyable story for me to do and I hope that all of you enjoyed it too. Maybe their might be a return for the Hardly Athletic lot in the future

Archived