Premiership Challenge Clan FMEL II

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Dunga99:

Hehe Brian quit after 30 mins, so I guess I better go back into the emails and find a replacement icon_smile.gif.

Brian must have set a new record for online clan games, lasting just 30 minutes, we're all just too good for his liking icon_biggrin.gif

Can't say I'm dissapointed with the session as I played some really good stuff last night but it seemed results just werent going to go my way.

A close draw against Arsenal, narrowly beat by Chelsea with a late goal, leading Everton until getting Dervitte sent off & ultimately losing but worse of all the 2-0 defeat to Bolton after creating 40 chances on goal but seeing 30 of them get skyed over or blasted wide from close range.

Onwards & upwards to Sunday, hopefully a change of fortune & can move back up the league into a safe position again icon14.gif

Hello lads,

I've been sent this way by mighty Debtu....

Avid FM geek, lap up the banter, if theres any spaces going I'd love to get involved..

Currently only online at work because Virgin have ballsed up my internet.. not for long hopefully, got the game, although I have pimped it out to the max with all player pics, will I have to re-instal it, or do I play off someone elses version.. not really an online expert.

Cheers lads

Macca

(Tormented Norwich fan)

Hi Macca

Marc has mention about you joining, as your a friends of his I'm sure we be able to fit you in somewhere icon_smile.gif.

What I do is send you a email with all the things you need to know about playing FM Online as Marc is unless with comptuer (apart from downloading p*** icon_wink.gif) Then when your boardband is fixed we sort you with a team.

You might have to email me your email address (my email is in my profile) as the email in your profile is an AOL one and with your comment about Virgin I guess thats an old one.

We are all FM geeks in here so your in good company icon_biggrin.gif

Oh and not so much of the mightly Debtu, his known as Alan Ball around these parts

fmelcopyvs1uh2.jpg

Season 2 Roundup

This is a little late

Everton - Danny

A fantastic season for the Toffees, no one, myself included would have predicted that we could walk way with the Premiership title and it all thanks to the free scoring Jimmy Briand. We also won the Uefa Cup to make it a league and cup double.

Premiership position: 1st

UEFA Cup: Winners

FA Cup: 6th Round

League Cup: 4th Rd

Spent on players in season 2: 32.5 million

Sold players in season 2: 43 million

Spent on players total: 71 million

Sold players total: 75 million

Manchester City - Williams

A one place improvement for the big fella this season but Williams will have a right to feel a little disappointed because the one session he missed his assistant cost him dearly, Manchester City looked like they would make the Champions League for most of the season but they couldn't keep up the fine form when Dave wasn't here. I think his assistant also got them knocked out the UEFA and FA Cup while he was away.

Premiership position: 5th

FA Cup: 5th Rd

UEFA Cup: 2nd Knockout Rd

Spent on players in season 2: 30 million

Sold players in season 2: 2 million

Spent on players total: 64.5 million

Sold players total: 4 million

Newcastle - Irish John

John/Nigel Pearson had a great first season in charge of the toon, they might not have the best players at the moment but there tactic is working a treat. With M Owen winning the Premiership top scorer award all that is needed is a couple of new players in the pre season and I can see Irish making the Champions League next season.

Premiership position: 6th

FA Cup: 5th Rd

League Cup: 3rd Rd

Spent on players in season 2: 33 million

Sold players in season 2: 10 million

Other manager for season 1

Aston Villa - Marc

No improvement for Villa in the league finishing 8th place both seasons, Marc had a good European run and was unlucky to get beaten by Everton in the UEFA Cup semi final after two fairly even games. Aston Villa really need better goal keeper than the one they currently have and maybe another forward if they are going to challenge for those Champions League place's

Premiership position: 8th

FA Cup: 3rd Rd

UEFA Cup: Semi

Spent on players in season 2: 41 million

Sold players in season 2: 8.5 million

Spent on players total: 67.5 million

Sold players total: 14.25 million

Portsmouth - Rick

Another steady season for old Boulty and some of his young players are really starting to gel now. Gignac is looking the real deal and he is gunning for Jimmy Briand crown as top scoring Frenchman in the Premiership, also the ever improving Mihelic added to this and next season I really to expect Pompey in the UEFA Cup at least.

Premiership position: 10th

FA Cup: 4th Rd

Spent on players in season 2: 55 million

Sold players in season 2: 19.5 million

Spent on players total: 78 million

Sold players total: 37.5 million

Boro/West Ham - Gary II

Even with Ashton scoring a shed loads of goals it wasn't enough to save the young Scotsman, with Boro giving Gazza his P45 he choose to take over West Ham and sort out the mess left by Carly. With the more cash to spend at the happy hammers I'm sure Gary will be able to turn them around.

Premiership position: 17th

League Cup: Qtr Final

Spent on players in season 2: 13 million

Sold players in season 2: 13.5 million

Other manager for season 1

West Ham/Blackburn - Carl II

Another manager who received his P45 with the Hammers floating above the relegation zone, Carly then took over the job of Blackburn after there pervious manager retired, but with only 10 games left in the season he couldn't keep them in the Premiership losing out to Wigan by 4 points. With all the youth in the team I expect a quick return and more moaning in the chat room when the Prem big boys get there hands on him.

Premiership position: 18th

UEFA Cup: 1st Knockout Rd

Spent on players in season 2: 22.5 million

Sold players in season 2: 23.5 million

Spent on players total: 55.5 million

Sold players total: 31 million

Bolton/Tottenham - Simon III

After getting sacked again at the end of the season Razor decided he had enough of Bolton and with Andy retiring from the Clan took over at Tottenham. Bolton made both the league and FA Cup semi final but even that wasn't enough to save him from the P45. Spurs have a world class team with the like of Vaart, Kompnay, King, Berbatov and a host of other, so there be no excuse for failure this time around.

Premiership position: 14th

FA Cup: semi Final

League Cup: Semi Final

Spent on players in season 2: 31 million

Sold players in season 2: 4.6 million

Spent on players total: 48.5 million

Sold players total: 17.1 million

Southampton - Matt II

A great finish to the season for Matt and his Southampton side winning the Championship playoffs beating Reading in the final 4-1. Southampton were in the top 4 for most of the season and deserved there playoff win but it still remains to be seen if his young football stars will sink or swim in the Premiership next season, he will need to wheel and deal on a limited budget his first season back and hopefully bring in the right players.

championship position: 4th

FA Cup: 3rd Rd

League Cup: 3rd Rdl

Spent on players in season 2: 4.2 million

Sold players in season 2: 4.2 million

Spent on players total: 9.9 million

Sold players total: 6.7 million

With David and Andy leaving there is no need to do a round up of there team, roll on season 3.

Nice report m8, 1st point Ballie, great player **** manager, well you have seen the great octopuss dominate the middle of the park, so your half way right, 2nd point current form shocking at the moment and I am starting to worry about becoming a Marc II icon_wink.gif, this is season is starting to go like your new tyrs m8, FLAT icon_razz.gif

Cheers Dunga,

email: in profile

most frequently used..

If anyone has some spare time & doesn't mind travelling 150 miles to an outpost in Norfolk, can they come & sort my FOOKING internet out..

I maybe a geek, but I'm some way off the Nerd class..

What are me team choices me old muckers???

Macca an email has been sent to your address with some basic football manager online information.

You could be in luck as Ballie is going Norfolk Friday and he can set up your pc for ya, all you need is a internet connection then icon_smile.gif.

I want to go Norwich, once again the Debtuster has put me off.

I kinda like the underdog tag..

DONE.

I'll bring the glory days back to Carrow Road.

Then asset strip them & plummet them to the abysis.

Oh wait, thats been done already... is Dublin still going???

Originally posted by AsherDSSc:

Boulty is back sunday all tanned and sexy icon_smile.gif

Just dont expect him sober, what with the derby and all icon_frown.gif

We never expect you sober icon_razz.gif

Originally posted by Spurs1979:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dooter7th:

come to the championship with me and the undefeated blackburn

Are you bragging about taking Blackburn down & doing well? icon_cool.gificon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hehehehehehehe

Do any of you play xpert 11???

It's a fictious player, watered down online manager game, which you don't have to be ontogether to play, log in whenever, games are played whether you are there or not, it's pretty simplistic, but a good laugh & not time consuming..

We've got a 19 team league going, with 2 spots available with existing teams, then after this season, gonna open it up to anyone..

Up to you, I probably shouldn't be pimping this out on FM!!

Xpert 11

If you do join in the league ID is: 115290

Cheers lads!!

mate ... first of all welcome to the league, danny, how could you let him have derby :O , i had my banner and everything lmao...

dannymacca, no offence but that xpert 11 looks like the biggest load of cahooey ever icon_wink.gif

see you on sunday mate and good look in the clan icon_smile.gif

watch out for my high-flying bolton mate :/

Originally posted by keni_chan:

mate ... first of all welcome to the league, danny, how could you let him have derby :O , i had my banner and everything lmao...

dannymacca, no offence but that xpert 11 looks like the biggest load of cahooey ever icon_wink.gif

who are you??

am i on the right thread?

Originally posted by AsherDSSc:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by keni_chan:

who are you??

am i on the right thread? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No boulty you have got drunk n lost again and started invading other peoples threads shame on you.

Well there was a few more positive results towards the end last night but the first 3 hours of the session went exactly like last Tuesday. Hopefully the away wins at West Ham, Boro & then the draw at Home to Man Utd will kickstart a change of luck. My morale in the players has gone back up but still have quite a few players who've "lost faith" in me. Not sure they wanted from a newly promoted team who create loads of chances but is a victim of awful finishing & some awful luck in games.

Arsenal in the semi final of the league cup, wouldnt it be nice for a cup final eh players? Anyone would think we've embarassed ourselves in the EPL!

Well lets hope my Ass Man keeps me in the hunt for 4th (where I'm sitting now icon_wink.gif) and that he doesn't do nothing daft, like hit the self-destruct button placed under my desk for emergencies icon_razz.gif c'mon Danny get a pic of the league table up, you know you want to icon_biggrin.gif

Hi chappies..

I've now verbally abused Virgin & burnt all bridges for now and the future with them, got a mac code before I did tho... now being conned by BT, they state an activation date of monday 18th, I'll be on on the 19th hopefully. Wont be on till then as my 300kbs connection takes 2 hours to load google.

I've actually decided I'm in a class of my own of FM, so I should imagine some pretty hefty defeats for you boys in a weeks time.....

Until then happy butt sniffing...

Macca FM Queen.

I would do a king kev rant here but quite frankly I'm not a clown like he is but seriously I'm pleased to be there, shame the losers dont get Uefa as that would have been awesome but first season in EPL I think its a good effort to have got there, just a shame the fans have no confidence in me & all want to leave!

Originally posted by Dunga99:

Ohhhhh - 7 subs allowed for Premiership from 2008/09 season icon14.gif.

i don't think this will effect ours as i reckon its a database change, might be wrong of course icon_razz.gif

I'll find a new way to moan re the shots per goal, no doubt the 'wonder goalie' hasn't been fixed icon_wink.gif and i still reckon the table from me being 4th should be posted icon_razz.gif

dont like the sound of this patch

looking thru the posts alot saying it aint good

DM still doing that 360 spin and loosing the ball

FB still hoofing it up field

less shots per game , but more goals to shots so alot of people getting cricket scores

players stats sudenly go into free fall

no real decent regens coming thru

gonna give it a proper test tomorrow but as me and matt found last night , something aint right at all

it does seem better and more realistic but somat is up

last night in a 90 minute match my CBs didnt attempt any tackles ??!!!!££££

Archived