My favourite part of the game was the "best eleven feature". At least it was until I realised that 5 of the 5 pieces of info given are innacurate.

Yes, it is the ALL TIME best eleven.

My point is that is he wasn't good enough to make it into the ALL TIME best eleven 2 years ago, then I doubt that 3 substitute appearances would have got him in there the following year, (not surprisingly it didn't), but the following year, he had somehow done enough to change their minds without playing a single minute of a single game.

DO you see what I mean?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

I am receiving about 5-6 bids per day for players. If you holiday rather than respond with a ridiculous price, then they will make a bid and the Chairman will accept the bid as we are o/d.

I have to manually respond to each enquiry or bid that is made, otherwise they will all be sold, (but that's a whole different matter in a whole different thread). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't want to hijack the thread but I read somewhere that if you set his asking price to £0 and "reject all offers" they'll never make an offer your board consider worth accepting.

Sorry, didn't explain that well. It's not just about the bids made or the initial fee involved.

These players are young and I will be selling them to bigger clubs, so I want a percentage of any future sale.

A bid of £250,000 is good and is in the ball park of what I would accept, but I would bite the hand of someone who offered me £200,000 + 50% of re-sale value and a friendly.

I still haven't explained that well. Sorry.

I replied this in the bug thread as well:

Just had a closer look at mine. (counted their appearances)

A few of the players in my Overall Best Eleven have slightly wrong appearances listed as well.

It looks like entire seasons are ignored for the best eleven numbers (seasons in which the player didn't play much).

For example, the right back listed in my overall best eleven was a regular first team player for five seasons, and made 9 appearances in his sixth season. His Best Eleven appearances are 9 short.

Hence, my strong suspicion: The number of appearances in the Overall Best Eleven equals the number of appearances of all the seasonal Best Elevens added up.

So if a player made a few appearances in a season, but not enough to get him in the Seasonal Best Eleven, those will be ignored. (which they shouldn't be, of course)

Not entirely certain that this is it, but it adds up for the handful of players I've checked in my game so far.

I've just looked at Doherty in my save and I'm afraid it doesn't quite work for him, although I think you are correct in as much as that if a player is in the annual best eleven and then is no longer in it then the league stats for the season when he is no longer in the annual best eleven will not be included.

With regards to Doherty, (the only player that I have looked at in such great detail), games played while on trial & penultumate seasons substitute appearances also seem to be the cause of this.

In order to chech it 100% I will have to go through the other players though icon_rolleyes.gif.

I saw your comment in the other thread by the way. Thanks icon14.gif.

Just checked mine (I'm in 2016 with Gateshead).

Although all the goals scored seem to be correct I've definitely noticed a problem with players being put into weird positions in the overall best 11. I had a player who played for my team in a couple of early seasons and the positions he was listed as being able to play in were ML, AML and FC. He mostly played for me at ML but was occasionally used as a striker. He also left the club 5 years ago.

However, he's listed in my overall best 11 as my best ever defensive midfielder. This is very strange as firstly this player cannot play in defensive midfield and has never, ever played in defensive midfield for me (and I've played the same formation for every single season).

Secondly I've had plenty of defensive midfielders who've performed very well in that position so it's strange that a left winger should be chosen there. Particularly a left winger who was never really that good and left 5 years ago. Last season my on-loan defensive midfielder was excellent yet hasn't made my all time best 11.

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CoachFlu:

I replied this in the bug thread as well:

Just had a closer look at mine. (counted their appearances)

A few of the players in my Overall Best Eleven have slightly wrong appearances listed as well.

It looks like entire seasons are ignored for the best eleven numbers (seasons in which the player didn't play much).

For example, the right back listed in my overall best eleven was a regular first team player for five seasons, and made 9 appearances in his sixth season. His Best Eleven appearances are 9 short.

Hence, my strong suspicion: The number of appearances in the Overall Best Eleven equals the number of appearances of all the seasonal Best Elevens added up.

So if a player made a few appearances in a season, but not enough to get him in the Seasonal Best Eleven, those will be ignored. (which they shouldn't be, of course)

Not entirely certain that this is it, but it adds up for the handful of players I've checked in my game so far. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is it. The Overall Best Eleven is only taking the stats from the Seasonal Best Eleven. So if the player doesn't perform well enough to get into the Seasonal Best Eleven his Overall Best Eleven will appear incorrectly.

• SI Staff

The Overall Best Eleven only takes into account the Seasonal Best Elevens. So you shouldn't expect the player statistics in the Overall Best Eleven to take into account his complete record. This could be changed in the future to include stats from season's when the player isn't in the Seasonal Best Eleven although it would take more time to process and slow the game down.

Hogg's induction into the Overall Best Eleven wasn't quite true. He was already in the Overall Best Eleven. The reason he was apparantly reinducted was because he changed into a player/coach in betweens seasons and this caused an error in the news item.

Thanks for that Si icon14.gif. I know it wasn'r easy to work out icon14.gif.

It's just my opinion but I think that if the "overall best eleven" feature is in the game to stay then it should include his overall performances. To only include a players performances in years when he was selected in the "seasonal best eleven" makes it worthless in my view.

If the processing takes too long then it should be scrapped, but I would like to see it remain, just not in it's current format.

Thanks again icon14.gif.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Si BHA:

The Overall Best Eleven only takes into account the Seasonal Best Elevens. So you shouldn't expect the player statistics in the Overall Best Eleven to take into account his complete record. This could be changed in the future to include stats from season's when the player isn't in the Seasonal Best Eleven although it would take more time to process and slow the game down.

Hogg's induction into the Overall Best Eleven wasn't quite true. He was already in the Overall Best Eleven. The reason he was apparantly reinducted was because he changed into a player/coach in betweens seasons and this caused an error in the news item. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have you had any luck figuring out whay players are being put in strange positions in the overall best 11?

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chopper99:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Si BHA:

Hogg's induction into the Overall Best Eleven wasn't quite true. He was already in the Overall Best Eleven. The reason he was apparantly reinducted was because he changed into a player/coach in betweens seasons and this caused an error in the news item. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have you had any luck figuring out whay players are being put in strange positions in the overall best 11? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I haven't had any examples good enough to deem fix worthy. So if you could upload your example to the FTP it would be interesting to look at.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chopper99:

Have you had any luck figuring out whay players are being put in strange positions in the overall best 11? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I haven't had any examples good enough to deem fix worthy. So if you could upload your example to the FTP it would be interesting to look at. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok, will do when I get a chance. Hopefully tonight icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vig2001:

A friend of mine pointed out that the stats counted int he Best Eleven are only for the seasons where he is in the best 11.

If he played 3 years before getting into it, those stats are not counted. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That friend would be me icon_biggrin.gif

Archived