World Cup related Sky+ question

dafuge

My wife (who is part American) wants to record the USA vs Algeria game on Wednesday, but it only seems to be available through the BBC red button. Is there any way to record it using Sky+?

I know for football first on SS you get a choice menu but it doesn't seem to be there for this game. Looks like ITV have finally got something right by putting the other game on ITV4, shame BBC didn't do the same.

My wife (who is part American) wants to record the USA vs Algeria game on Wednesday, but it only seems to be available through the BBC red button. Is there any way to record it using Sky+?

I know for football first on SS you get a choice menu but it doesn't seem to be there for this game. Looks like ITV have finally got something right by putting the other game on ITV4, shame BBC didn't do the same.

The interactive streams on DSAT are generally not recordable on sky+/HD. It requires them to have a seperate epg entry like Football First which was also why you couldn't record ITVHD until it appeared "properly" on the epg.

If you had a non-sky satellite PVR from the likes of Humax or Pace you'd be OK.

I think the best solution would be to buy a sub £20 freeview box, (Argos have one under a tenner,) hook it up to a VCR/DVDR and record the red button "feed." On Freeview you can watch/record the red button feed by directly going to the relevant channel - 301 or 302.

Why are the 3rd round of games on at the same time?

In 1982 Austria and W. Germany came to an "arrangement" that ensured that both teams would qualify at the expense of Algeria who had played their final game the day before. A 1 or 2 goal win by W Germany put them both through - any other result would have meant Algeria qualifying. Germany scored after 10 minutes and the rest of the game became an exercise in slow paced passing.

Even as a 11 year old I was outraged.

You could try watching the USA v Algeria game on the red button and recording the England v Slovenia game, that might work.

We will both be at work during the matches, so we can't access the red button coverage.

We will both be at work during the matches, so we can't access the red button coverage.

As you seemed to have ignored my Freeview suggestion :mad: - I'll try another tact.

Since it's a BBC game surely it'll be on the iPlayer later to download/watch in full?

As you seemed to have ignored my Freeview suggestion :mad: - I'll try another tact.

Since it's a BBC game surely it'll be on the iPlayer later to download/watch in full?

Sorry, completely missed your post when I posted a reply.

She really wants to watch it 'as live' as soon as she gets home from work, which will be during the second half. I guess she is just going to have to watch the end of it live.

We have no TV aerials on our house, would that rule freeview out?

Sorry, completely missed your post when I posted a reply.

She really wants to watch it 'as live' as soon as she gets home from work, which will be during the second half. I guess she is just going to have to watch the end of it live.

We have no TV aerials on our house, would that rule freeview out?

Yep no aerial no Freeview sadly.

Archived