[FM10] Backwell United - Promotion, Whats that?

mackemforever

It's your continental manager rep that's attracting all of these players to your club, despite the lowly divisions in which your club plays. I was never a doubter, just asking to see if my theory was correct, which i believe it is. Good luck for the future. :):thup:

It's your continental manager rep that's attracting all of these players to your club, despite the lowly divisions in which your club plays. I was never a doubter, just asking to see if my theory was correct, which i believe it is. Good luck for the future. :):thup:

I know, its quite nice being able to sign good players for once, and just so you know, I did start with Sunday League Footballer reputation.

I have set myself one extra challenge for the coming season though. I am signing only players aged 22 or younger and then hopefully keep the exact same squad for a minimum of 5 years, only signing players if my chairman decides to sell any of my players.

That's an impressive points tally!!!!!!!!!! :eek: And Liverpool in the 4th tier?!

8 consecutive promotions surely must be some kind of record? Well done :thup:

Liverpool went backrupt in season 3, and ended up selling pretty much every single one of their star players, but they got taken over this season and are the richest team in League 1 for the upcoming season, and so are slowly making their way back up the leagues.

This is a great read, there's just one thing I'm not clear on. In 46 games you scored 150 goals - an average of more than 3 a game - and conceded just 23. I find it really hard to believe you can have done this without dominating games. OK, you say you had a ruthless counter-attack, but even just that defensive record. If your opponents were having plenty of shots and chances, how did you only concede 23?

I'm in no way saying you're cheating, I'm just really puzzled. I rarely get that kind of defensive efficiency even when I do dominate!

This is a great read, there's just one thing I'm not clear on. In 46 games you scored 150 goals - an average of more than 3 a game - and conceded just 23. I find it really hard to believe you can have done this without dominating games. OK, you say you had a ruthless counter-attack, but even just that defensive record. If your opponents were having plenty of shots and chances, how did you only concede 23?

I'm in no way saying you're cheating, I'm just really puzzled. I rarely get that kind of defensive efficiency even when I do dominate!

Well the majority of shots my opponents had were either 1 on 1 with the keeper, straight infront of the goal (and we all know how the game hates letting strikers score those) or long shots, and with Diaz in goal against League 2 strikers they were never likely to score from there either.

Backwell United - Coca-Cola League 1 - 2017/2018

Pre-Season

Transfers

Transfers - More activity here than in recent years. I offloaded every single player aged over 23, even though some of them were still good enough to play a role in my team, but I am becoming a bit obsessed with building for the future. I only signed 8 players (I don't count the loan or Jose Carlos as he was signed during the previous season), however I offered a contract to around 150 different players and I got lucky that a few of them didn't turn me down. Most of these signings were players who have been stuck playing their football in minor footballing nations and so would jump at hte opportunity to play in England, even at League 1 level, and some of them are seriously volatile characters and so have been passed over by big teams due to the likelihood of them going a bit crazy.

Thomas Gerber

Jose Carlos

Ivo Kasabov

Lucian Bosca

Javier Garcia Gonzalez

Cristian Bucur

Matteo Bianchi

Michal Toman

Martin Franc

Eugeny Yakimov

Key Players

Same drill as always, better strikers, probably more shots to save, will hopefully be as solid as ever.

James Adjei - Will be making the step up to the starting XI due to Adam Pierce's fairly poor season last year. Hopefully he will be less error prone than his predecessor and hopefully he will do a good job of keeping our fantastic defensive record up.

Balazs Kis - Like last season he will be the only striker in my tactic and will have to contend with better defenders, both technically and physically, and better shot stoppers, but hopefully he can continue to bag himself goals and I would love to see him finish as the leagues top-scorer again.

Ramazan Karakoc - Was used as a super-sub last year and never really got a chance to settle as his position kept on being changed, but this season he is in the starting XI playing as an AMC and hopefully can perform even better than last year if he gets a good run in the same position.

Friendlies

Friendlies - Despite what may seem to be a pretty poor set of results actually made me very happy. Every game was against teams who are far better than me, only 1 of those 5 are not in the top division, and they were the side that beat me. I was also experimenting with my new signings and so my team were not playing together that well by that stage. There are 2 matches that are not shown here, my final 2 friendlies where things had started to come together, a 4-0 win over Shamrock Rovers and a 4-1 win over St. Mirren.

Other News

International Management - Towards the end of June I was appointed the new Jamaican manager after their awful start to their Gold Cup campaign. They are currently ranked 105th in the world and I can see why. There is some talent in the team but a serious lack of quality in certain key areas. I have only played 2 matches since taking over (the highlighted ones) and I should have won both easily, but due to a large number of injuries in the squad and a pool of players who didn't really fit my prefered formation, I only just scraped a win in both matches. I will be completely revamping the squad, I already play to drop about 50% of the current players, and hopefully they can put in some good performances in my remaining friendlies this year.

Season Aims

I would be lying if I said I wasn't hoping to win the league again this year. I have complete faith in my young players to cope with anything league 1 can throw at them, and hopefully I will also be able to avoid having to sell any of my players, although my new Chairman has already accepted several offers for both Chris Cannon and Kevin Smith, but luckily both of them have remained faithful and turned down any approach for them.

Brilliant read mate and an excellent career so far!

I can't believe how much Sporting paid a club of your size for that player! I'm interested to know how he is getting on there. Any chance of a screenshot?

Brilliant read mate and an excellent career so far!

I can't believe how much Sporting paid a club of your size for that player! I'm interested to know how he is getting on there. Any chance of a screenshot?

Brandao

His first season there he scored 9 in 22 games (in all competitions), you can see on the screenshot his full stats for his second season and so far in the third he has 6 in 4 games from all competitions.

Brandao

His first season there he scored 9 in 22 games (in all competitions), you can see on the screenshot his full stats for his second season and so far in the third he has 6 in 4 games from all competitions.

Thats pretty decent.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

This story is going on hold for a while.

The reason for this is quite simple, my PC is not powerful enough to run this game at a decent pace any more. I am going to be upgrading my PC in around 6 weeks or so and I will continue this story then, but for now its going to be placed on hold.

I will be starting a new story with Stoke soon if you want to follow that, and I will start this one again as soon as my PC will run it properly.

Ok, this looks like its over due to my computer going tits up.

Essentially when I tried to uninstall the logitech software for my mouse it decided to crash my computer and then when I started it up again I was missing about 50gb of files which it had deleted seemingly at random, and that included all of the data in My Documents, which meant that all of my fm saves, screenshots, tactics, training schedules, everything, is gone.

If I can get that stuff back then I will continue this save, if not then I may start it again, although this has ****ed me off so much I may just call it quits with FM till the next version comes out (yes I know it isn't FMs fault but I'm fed up with the fact that every time I start a save on FM something goes wrong and I have to restart it).

Archived