Corner cheat doesnt make ANY difference!

It's funny how this topic has gone on, while a single post explaining how the match-engine calculates games could have sufficed. Several people have explained it vaguely, and I was determined to post here and explain until I saw Althaz post above, which explains how it works quite well.

It really broke my heart back when I discovered that games weren't calculated by the secord. I liked to think that my mental abilities could help determine the course of the game, but instead I'm now paranoid about making tactical changes. Still, this is the only way it can work, and there's nothing wrong with it. As the cynical players will say, "the result is the same" - regardless of whether it's calculated live or for every change made by the human player. It's dangerous knowledge to give to the fans, but I appreciate not being kept in the dark. There was only shed light on it after a bug (where the scores were revealed before time), of course, as SI wouldn't want to unecessarily give away game mechanichs.

eple brings up an interesting question. However, I think the answer for that must simply be that there is some kind of in-game morale, which already will have taken past events into account and also will be accounted for when you make a change and force the game to recalculate. So, regardless, you rubbish won't be "erased" :p

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So everyone is saying the result is determained until you make changes... well yeah! It's the same IRL (not in a psychic way) but lets may Man Utd win 3-0, you could easily say if man u decided to play 5-5-0 and play ultra defence style it would of been a different outcome. I'm not sure if im getting my point accross but IRL you could argue the match is sort of determained and manager change tactics to change the out come... like in Football Manager!

So the actual match calculations takes up a fraction of the time required for a human to read the commentary or watch the 2-D match? What a shock.

Has no one here noticed how quickly "full detail" leagues are calculated on match day? Did the description not drop any hints?

The game work like this...

When you select your first 11, substitutes, tactics...and after completing team talk and opp instruction, when you press play, what you can see is just a calculated movie until the half. The same is for second half.

But of course...you can see what's wrong with your tactic by watching match, you can change your tactics, players...and movie on pitch will be recalculated.

And of course that "corner cheat" really is a cheat, cause those calculations are in you favour.

I don't like threads like this. Explaining the inner workings of the game is detrimental to the fun you will have if you are constantly thinking about how everything is calculated

Put your fingers in your ears and shout LA LA LA and just believe the matches are played out on the fly and the only reason you win is based on that fantastic signing you made last summer and how awesome your tactical nous is

It's funny how this topic has gone on, while a single post explaining how the match-engine calculates games could have sufficed. Several people have explained it vaguely, and I was determined to post here and explain until I saw Althaz post above, which explains how it works quite well.

It really broke my heart back when I discovered that games weren't calculated by the secord. I liked to think that my mental abilities could help determine the course of the game, but instead I'm now paranoid about making tactical changes. Still, this is the only way it can work, and there's nothing wrong with it. As the cynical players will say, "the result is the same" - regardless of whether it's calculated live or for every change made by the human player. It's dangerous knowledge to give to the fans, but I appreciate not being kept in the dark. There was only shed light on it after a bug (where the scores were revealed before time), of course, as SI wouldn't want to unecessarily give away game mechanichs.

eple brings up an interesting question. However, I think the answer for that must simply be that there is some kind of in-game morale, which already will have taken past events into account and also will be accounted for when you make a change and force the game to recalculate. So, regardless, you rubbish won't be "erased" :p

It is calculated second by second. However, it's done in advance. When you click confirm, it calculates the score up to half time by playing the game out second by second. If you change anything, it has to recalculate from that point until the end of the half. Your own mental abilities will affect it, as the difference between a 50th and 70th minute substitution or tactical change could be inspired or devastating.

It is played out second by second in full 3d, and has been for a long long time. It's just then reshown to us, and recalculated every time we decide to change things.

Archived