Job Interview For Manager's Position.

There are many variables that would make answering the questions more than just ticking the right answer. The first that come to mind are finances, reputation/club history, chairman (patience) etc. I don't think it would be much of a problem at all.

For the sake of the argument I'll say that it does become a problem, I would still imagine that the AI club would take your reputation into consideration when giving you the opportunity to even interview. It'd be something of a real job where you'd apply, they'd look at your credentials, and give you a call-back.

There must be an element of uncertainty as to what is the correct answer to the various questions. Otherwise, the whole exercise would be completely pointless as a successful result would be guaranteed. Given the fact that I doubt that anybody would be stupid enough to choose an obviously daft answer, we would be in the same sort of 'random' situation which applies to your players' reactions to press conference questions, where there may be a number of apparently reasonable replies and it's a complete lottery as regards their reactions. This is not a universally popular feature by any means, judging by the grumbles which appear in the forums.

In order to be realistic (and this is all supposed to be in pursuit of greater realism) having an interview should apply to your first job (at the start of your save) equally as much as to any other that you subsequently go for - indeed as you would have no experience at all it should really be more demanding if things are to be consistent. Would people really want to be unable to manage the club of their choice because of a wrong choice in the interview procedure? Or would the enthusiasts for this like to see everyone have to start off unemployed and apply for vacancies? Currently that's a choice which people have. A lot of players don't choose to do this but the pursuit of realism would suggest that everybody in fact ought to. That would mean a load of hanging about before you could start playing at all and that would spoil things for a lot of people.

In practice, I imagine that what an awful lot of people would do would be to save before the interview and then reload if they failed. 'Cheating' sure but it would be because of the introduction of a feature which they really never wanted in the first place. As a minimum, any such feature should be capable of being disabled by use of a tick box.

Sometimes realism has to be sacrificed to playability.

Archived