ME difference between .2 and .3

First of all, sorry for my english (i'm French - buuuuuh :D).

So... I'm playing with a 4-1-2-1-2 and from 10.- to 10.2 my team was an "invencible armada". Now I'm on my 3rd season on Ligue 1, at Feb. And (immediately) after the 10.3 my formation is completely gone. 12 match: 2w, 4d, 6l. Result? From 1st to 4th position! :(

MCs are clumsy, AMC don't know what to do; strikers, as a consequence, are off the game. I've tried so many changes on my playing style (with the same 41212) but nothin's change :confused:

So I'm here not to ask you some "magical formation" but only the match engine changes between 10.2 and 10.3. What I should modify on my tactic to adapt it to 10.3 patch? I don't want to lose my league due to this.

Thank u in advance :)

ps: I don't want and I can't change my formation, i'm totally without wingers

Have you tried re-creating your tactic with the tactic creator? I see something wrong with my old tactic too which i customized a little bit here and there. My defense is getting poor and midfield is having trouble working together. After few games not getting the result, i decide to re-create the tactic again and not changing the setting mentality for some position which in my old tactic i change closing down setting for my ball winning midfielder and mentality for wingers.

Heading and crossing are vastly improved, and the overall engine is "smoother". Can't really explain it better than that!

A few minor grievances but nothing compared to 10.2. The worst one being the transfer bug - pretty bloody annoying that!

Have you tried re-creating your tactic with the tactic creator? I see something wrong with my old tactic too which i customized a little bit here and there. My defense is getting poor and midfield is having trouble working together. After few games not getting the result, i decide to re-create the tactic again and not changing the setting mentality for some position which in my old tactic i change closing down setting for my ball winning midfielder and mentality for wingers.

Yes, I tried, but it get worse and worse =/

@Tubey84: there's a "transfer bug"? :confused:

Heading and crossing are vastly improved, and the overall engine is "smoother". Can't really explain it better than that!

A few minor grievances but nothing compared to 10.2. The worst one being the transfer bug - pretty bloody annoying that!

Heading and crossing vastly improved. Have you ever got more than 35% completion on crosses? I constantly see players heading the ball straight at the GK from 2-yards out or heading it wide.

Heading and crossing vastly improved. Have you ever got more than 35% completion on crosses? I constantly see players heading the ball straight at the GK from 2-yards out or heading it wide.

They have been improved from 10.2 as in that patch, the crosser struggled in actually deliver the ball into the area. As for the completion, I do think that a number between 20-30 % is rather realistic. But, if looking at a specific situation where we exploit the width when facing players playing narrow and having been dragged out of position, I have between 80 - 100 % completion in those specific crosses. Fullbacks making crosses from deep onto a still standing FC when the opponent is well positioned and with men behind the ball on the other hand, the completion is often between 0-15 % and these crosses are the more common for me but as they are made as a last resort, I rarely look at the completion of them but instead try to avoid it happening

You are joking aren't you?! I have good headers of the ball and they head over from 5 yards with noone near them every time!!

I believe, without too many stats to back this up, that too many crosses are completed. In particular to players very close to goal, between the posts.

However, most of these chances are wasted to balance this out.

I do feel that ever since the overly prolific strikers were removed (after 10.1), the ME has been biased towards narrow formations and wing play has been vastly under rated.

I believe, without too many stats to back this up, that too many crosses are completed. In particular to players very close to goal, between the posts.

However, most of these chances are wasted to balance this out.

I do feel that ever since the overly prolific strikers were removed (after 10.1), the ME has been biased towards narrow formations and wing play has been vastly under rated.

That's the problem sadly. Rather than putting all efforts into making as realistic a match engine as possible we get these issues just to "balance out" situations. Bit like the one on one's in 10.2, strikers miss loads to keep scores down. It ends up being totally unrealistic because some areas of play are uneffective.

Yes, a cross completion in the low twenties - around 22% IIRC - is the average across Italy, Germany, France, Spain and England in real life.

40% for Italy actually. That means a top club with class wingers may get around 40-70% completion with the lower clubs getting between 10-20% to make the average 40%. Just because that's the average doesn't mean that's what everyone gets.

That's the problem sadly. Rather than putting all efforts into making as realistic a match engine as possible we get these issues just to "balance out" situations. Bit like the one on one's in 10.2, strikers miss loads to keep scores down. It ends up being totally unrealistic because some areas of play are uneffective.

"Balancing out", seems to make using wingers very difficult, if at all possible.

Archived