10.3's Biggest Success: League Differences

For me, there is one thing I've noticed about 10.3 that no FM version has yet gotten so accurate: Differences in style of play from league to league. Anyone notice this too?

I haven't played all the leagues yet of course, far from it, but my new 10.3 Genoa save in Italy captures the style and concentration of Italian football like FM never has. :thup: I've done many saves in Italy in years of FM but never until now have I had as true and exciting an experience with low scoring, tactical 1-0 games. Obviously not all games are 1-0, that would be dull and unrealistic, but comparing my Serie A goals scored and conceded with other leagues at various points in the season has made me notice clearly that different leagues play with different styles just like real life. The defensive tendency is palpable and fun to have to strategize with.

For the first time I actually feel like I'm managing in Italy and not the EPL or Spain... or anywhere else.

Cool.

I believe that working on the "differences", not only between different countries and cultures of football, but at different levels (such as difference between EPL and BSP) is something they've been working on more recently. I understand they're also looking to continue with their efforts in this respect.

I think it does look good and I'm surprised more people haven't noticed the differences, subtle though they are, more often.

Depends on how you view the matches I suppose. You're going to spot this more easily watching full matches, because it might not be so obvious from highlights.

Even on a more obvious level, just look in your current 10.3 game at the league tables for England, Spain, Italy, Brazil etc.

Through, say, 20 games the amounts of goals for/against are very different per league reflecting the overall emphasis of play. If you make the same rough comparison in real life tables at the moment you'll see the same patterns. Great work in my opinion by SI there that isn't recognized much.

Plus, on a side note, it makes Serie A fun because goals are so vital!

Archived