JoseRR's FM08 Small Club to Big Club From a Big European Nation Challenge

Como - Serie B - Season 2010/11 - End of Season Report

So, as you know, the season ended in disappointment with us being relegated back to Serie C1 after only one season in Serie B. icon_frown.gif

As i mentioned at the end of last season, my sole aim for this season was to survive, so ultimately, the season could be seen as a failure. In truth, i would say it was less of a failure, and more a case of a bridge too far

League Table

League Graph

Information

Transfers 1

Transfers 2

Squad - GK & Defence

Squad - Midfield & Attack

it was difficult for me to pick out anyone who stood out from the rest, as it was mainly a team effort. i will however draw attention to Ercolano, our top-scorer, and Dobrescu, a romanian winger signed on loan in January. he gave the team a big lift, and was great for me.

In my start of season review i gave a mention to Yves Noblet, a young french striker brought in, whom i rated highly. Yves had a difficult season, and ended up playing a lot for the Under-20s. i still have faith in him, and am hopeful he will show his full potential next season. the same could be said for Millan, whom struglled to cement a first team place.

on the finances front, another good season saw us turn in healthy monthly profits once more. icon_smile.gif with a bit of luck i will have money to spend next season, and ensure our swift return to Serie B. i am also toying with the idea of asking the board to invest in the training facilities.

>>> AIMS FOR NEXT SEASON <<<

- having tasted life in Serie B, i am desperate to get back there, and ultimately i am targeting promotion. whether i tell the board that we shall see.

- sign a new GK. in my opinion, the weak link in our team. whilst Desjouis and Ismael are decent, they aren't outstanding. a bit of experience might be needed.

- hang on to my 'stars'. whilst it will be inevitable that players will leave, i want to keep the core of the team. i will try and cut a lot of the 'deadwood' and reinvigorate the squad with fresh talent. With my scouts unearthing more 'gems' from Central Europe, and a few already on board for next season, i am quite excited about the talent i will have at my disposal.

So, back to Serie C1 it is. Serie A looks an awful long way away again.... icon_rolleyes.gif

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by rlipscombe:

icon_eek.gif wow, we've done a page in 3 days!! that's quick for this thread.... icon_eek.gif

Hey this has to be reward for us sticking through a hard fought first 2 pages. Well as I said before hard luck with the relegation, but you do have a team capable of getting up there. Yeah I was also really amazed when I looked earlier today and saw 294 posts and thought here comes page 4.

Originally posted by ashton321:

I will put the rest of my updates up later on today

It is going to be tough to get up as only the top team get promotion

I have the same problem in my game, with two teams absolutely dominating the league. In your game it's Darmstadt and Saarbrücken, with me it was Wuppertal and Wilhelmshaven. Your group looks even harder with Emden and Pirmasens in the league (in my game they are both 3rd Bundesliga mid-table teams). Season 3 looks better for me now, with 2 of my main contenders for promotion transfered to the Regional Division North, and their places got filled with newly-promoted teams. Still there are 3 teams left I rate at about equal odds for pmromotion.

Des Tiny's Casale Serie C Cup Group Stage Update

Well since my friendlies I managed to pick two more players up on loan to strengthen the side somewhat.

Savi - A Attacking Midfielder who will mainly play back-up but will slot in well with the rest.

Rincon - A right back, bought in to cover the on position I was struggling in.

Serie C Cup Group F

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

vs Pavia 5-3 HT: 1-1 Att: 2513 MoM: Cavagna

Fattori (18) Cavagna (54,84) Iacopino (79) Rota (90+2)

at Pizzighettone 2-0 HT: 1-0 MoM: Fattori

Fattori (9) OG (74)

vs Rovigo 2-2 HT: 1-1 Att: 917 MoM: Iacopino

Iacopino (4,54)

at Choggia 3-0 HT: 1-0 MoM: Cavagna

Cavagna (44,71,85)

</pre>

This was delightful for me, I had made it through to the first round unbeaten in the cup, this was a highlight of a season that looked like the league would be a struggle from the start. But the Cup looked excellent.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

| Pos | Inf | Team | | Pld | Won | Drn | Lst | For | Ag | G.D. | Pts |

| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 1st | Q | Casale | | 4 | 3 | 1 | 0 | 12 | 5 | +7 | 10 |

| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 2nd | Q | Rovigo | | 4 | 2 | 2 | 0 | 11 | 7 | +4 | 8 |

| 3rd | | Pavia | | 4 | 1 | 2 | 1 | 8 | 9 | -1 | 5 |

| 4th | | Chioggia | | 4 | 1 | 0 | 3 | 4 | 10 | -6 | 3 |

| 5th | | Pizzighettone | | 4 | 0 | 1 | 3 | 2 | 6 | -4 | 1 |

</pre>

Season Tickets had sold well, and as such the crowds were looking reasonable for all the games so far.

Serie C2/A Update

Well three games in I am 0-1-2 with only a single point on the board coming from my only home game. I have only scored one goal and I have conceded 3. Not the happiest with it, but it does leave me above relegation at this point. My squad are working hard, and in particular Iacopino has added himself as a player to watch.

Originally posted by iacovone:

Great start there Des icon14.gif

I may have to have a look at Cavagna as I'm very short on attacking talent!

Page 4! We're flying now! Good luck to all the new participants icon_smile.gif

I am lucky to have Cavagna, all my strikers struggle to score so I have the midfield doing the work...though Iacopino has started to do some work now. I had Mattioli in my Domegliara game, and he was always just solid support and cover.

Freek Teek they dominated in my first season as well Darmstadt went up in the end so only one now to get past plus any relegated side

rilpscombe unlucky on relegation mate, i am really hoping that after a few seasons in this league can build a good squad and then just keep on moving up

Des - that Savi looks like a real prospect. looks very creative. as for Rincon, i've had him for last two seasons. won't let you down.

also, looking at your 'location.' Serie C1, already?? icon_wink.gif

Hmmmm 'location' fixed, going to have to remember that. Yeah Savi looks good may have to try and sign him permenant. And the team is much better than what I started the season with icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by ashton321:

tell you what that must be some hardcore fan base there are they your Ultras

Indeed. I don't think the ultras quite share my passion for avenging the Roman infidel. I'm going to have to be at my charismatic best to rouse some sort of fanbase in the next few years!

How are the pre-season plans coming along iacovone?? for your information, Albalonga finished the 2010-11 season in my game 14th in Serie C2B....

have you found the kits yet for them, if you're into that sort of thing?

Well I've just started the Serie C Cup campaign. Got off to a losing start though - 1-0 away to Viterbese. We played quite well though. I'm using this as an extended pre season as the squad's still not quite there tbh.

I've not got the Albalonga kits actually. I've got the logo but thats all. Any ideas? The thing is I've definitely downloaded a kit pack for lower league Italian sides before so I think Albalonga may just be too obscure to be included. Hope not though!

Well I've just started the Serie C Cup campaign. Got off to a losing start though - 1-0 away to Viterbese. We played quite well though. I'm using this as an extended pre season as the squad's still not quite there tbh.

I've not got the Albalonga kits actually. I've got the logo but thats all. Any ideas? The thing is I've definitely downloaded a kit pack for lower league Italian sides before so I think Albalonga may just be too obscure to be included. Hope not though!

i always used the Serie C cup as pre-season training too. experiment with players etc. i know Des takes it seriously though.

i have the Albalonga kits on my game, so they're obviously out there. i got mine off the sortitoutsi forums. if they're not listed then try searching for 'Serie D' - i'm sure that's what the file is called. i had to get the backgrounds for all of the clubs on mine too, just for visual effect. always paints a better picture when imaging seeing the last-minute winner go in!! ha ha

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by iacovone:

i always used the Serie C cup as pre-season training too. experiment with players etc. i know Des takes it seriously though.

i have the Albalonga kits on my game, so they're obviously out there. i got mine off the sortitoutsi forums. if they're not listed then try searching for 'Serie D' - i'm sure that's what the file is called. i had to get the backgrounds for all of the clubs on mine too, just for visual effect. always paints a better picture when imaging seeing the last-minute winner go in!! ha ha </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ummm I never actually try to take the cup seriously, I just seem to get lucky in the early rounds with easy draws and then If I make the Quarter Finals and my league season is a write off I go for the cup icon_wink.gifSpeaking of which, in a serious relegation battle season one this time around and into the QF of the cup, confused...

I did the same when I was at Bayreuth with the backgrounds. Its the first time I'd done it and tbh what a difference it makes! Right its time to go hunting for the Albalonga kits...

Just drew the first league game of the season 0-0 away. Getting a point was a robbery given how many chances they had! Also Fillippo Maniero is in icon_smile.gif (remember him?)

Originally posted by Des Tiny:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rlipscombe:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by iacovone:

i have the Albalonga kits on my game, so they're obviously out there. i got mine off the sortitoutsi forums. if they're not listed then try searching for 'Serie D' - i'm sure that's what the file is called. i had to get the backgrounds for all of the clubs on mine too, just for visual effect. always paints a better picture when imaging seeing the last-minute winner go in!! ha ha </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ummm I never actually try to take the cup seriously, I just seem to get lucky in the early rounds with easy draws and then If I make the Quarter Finals and my league season is a write off I go for the cup icon_wink.gifSpeaking of which, in a serious relegation battle season one this time around and into the QF of the cup, confused... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i thought you did take it seriously. it must have been because you always seemed to well in it, whilst i was rubbish!! icon_rolleyes.gif i'll be back in it again this season i guess. as for the league. i'm sure you'll turn it around.

good start iacovone. can't argue with a 'lucky' point!! i do remember Maniero. how old is he now?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Des Tiny:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rlipscombe:

Ummm I never actually try to take the cup seriously, I just seem to get lucky in the early rounds with easy draws and then If I make the Quarter Finals and my league season is a write off I go for the cup icon_wink.gifSpeaking of which, in a serious relegation battle season one this time around and into the QF of the cup, confused... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i thought you did take it seriously. it must have been because you always seemed to well in it, whilst i was rubbish!! icon_rolleyes.gif i'll be back in it again this season i guess. as for the league. i'm sure you'll turn it around.

good start iacovone. can't argue with a 'lucky' point!! i do remember Maniero. how old is he now? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

35 years young icon_biggrin.gif

Erm struggling to find the Albalonga kits on Sortitoutsi. Any idea the exact name of the file you downloaded? I know thats a longshot but it'd be great to have the kits!

that is a close league Des. looks like you desperately need a striker in the transfer window. you seem solid, but lightweight. where is Cammilluzzi when you need him??

sure you'll turn it around though soon.

You're a star Des icon14.gif

Not really I just had that page bookmarked from whenever I get kits, so i don't have to find the forum everytime haha. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

cheat icon_wink.gif

Keep up that form Des and you should be ok this season. Its pretty tight down there. I've finally scored my first goal of the season (in 4 competitive attempts) and you'll be pleased to know it was Luca Cammilluzzi icon_smile.gif

You're a star Des icon14.gif

Not really I just had that page bookmarked from whenever I get kits, so i don't have to find the forum everytime haha. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Na that's star behavior in my eyes icon_wink.gif

Keep up that form Des and you should be ok this season. Its pretty tight down there. I've finally scored my first goal of the season (in 4 competitive attempts) and you'll be pleased to know it was Luca Cammilluzzi icon_smile.gif

He really is a star...And it took 4 competitive games before he scored a goal for me too, but he got 2 icon_wink.gif

Well I would love to pick up a striker, but I have no funds, I have no wage budget and No one wants to join me, so I am going to try and stay up with what I have got and hope for no more injuries, like I had a while back where I had 4 injured and three suspeensions at the same time...that hurts with my small squad. But it is 2am and I so want to finish this season tonight haha.

Des what is that background picture? The barbed wire fence?

Also final graphic related question - where do background packs get extracted to so that they work in-game? Just realised the Bayreuth backgrounds were only in the German league icon_rolleyes.gif

Well I save mine in the skin folder under backgrounds, but i just do it as a default and use one. The Barbed wire was just a cool black and white pic I found, I hate using colours I can't see and there were no photos of my club so I went with this instead icon_smile.gif

Nice logic. I'm usually pretty similar although my current picture of the coast of Albalonga is quite fetching I find!

not as fetching as the picture of the giuspee sinigaglia i bet... icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif

i put my backgrounds in the "graphics" folder, in a "backgrounds" folder. (the graphics folder being the same as where i put the kits etc...)

Nice logic. I'm usually pretty similar although my current picture of the coast of Albalonga is quite fetching I find!

not as fetching as the picture of the giuseppe sinigaglia i bet... icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif

i put my backgrounds in the "graphics" folder, in a "backgrounds" folder. (the graphics folder being the same as where i put the kits etc...) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i would add that i had to make my own for Como...

Well I save mine in the skin folder under backgrounds, but i just do it as a default and use one. The Barbed wire was just a cool black and white pic I found, I hate using colours I can't see and there were no photos of my club so I went with this instead icon_smile.gif

Casale Website

seriously bored at work so went looking for Casale pictures. plenty here. ground looks "worn"........

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Des Tiny:

Casale Website

seriously bored at work so went looking for Casale pictures. plenty here. ground looks "worn"........ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh I just did a google hunt and found a great picture of the Square in the centre of town icon_smile.gifNew Background

yeah, nice Des. but why were you looking at Como?????? ha ha.

yours looks nice too iacovone. very picturesque.

as for my kits / backgrounds, both were made for me. like to have 'fantasy kits' though i try to stay true to colours, and a 'national' sponsor. i found the picture for the background, but again, got someone to create it. at that time, i couldn't do config files.

Oh I just thought I should see what their kits were like haha...

I actually quite like the proper kits, but there wasn't a third kit, and try as i might to find same logo in same style on internet, it just wasn't there. i do have to play in third shirt a bit too, and i couldn't be doing with looking at a 'boring' plain kit.

Yeah that is my current problem I play more in the third kit than my away kit I was thinking about just changing the numbers in the config so that my third becomes my away kit, though I spose I could request someone to make it hmmm

Right, I'm ready to start this.

Seeing as most of you are playing in Italy I'll play there plus having people to compare your game with obviously makes it likely you'll enjoy your game more.

Without me having to trundle through and read the whole thread thus far, is there any recommedations anyone can make in terms of teams to be, players, staff, or just any advice for playing in the Italian lower leagues in general?

I've played a couple of seasons in San Marino in the past but that was a bit different to managing the general Italian team.

Any help would be appreciated, cheers.

Archived