What's with the game's obsession with Turkey ?

The OP has a very clear point. The game has an over expectation on Turkish players, notably through producing top class newgens that would never happen irl. How many European tournaments has Turkey won even though they really really want to win them? They got one European Trophy (Uefa cup) some years ago and nothing since. I am not doubting its a difficult league, with everyone very closely matched but they are not a world class league. The signings made are usually lower graded imports, Eastern Europeans who are browsed over by the top leagues or past their date world class players (Roberto Carlos, Hagi). Im not dismissing the potential to produce great players. Tuncay and Sukur could be regarded as great players but I doubt they will flood the game with world class players.

I feel this is an overbiased view of turkish researchers who have clearly overenhanced their facilities and level within the game thereby producing these very strange pattern of results.

I'm in 2018 in one of my saves that i stopped playing once the latest patch came out and according to genie scout, searching for players under 24 years old with more than 160 of PA, the are:

4 players from argentina

6 from brazil.

5 from holland

and 17 from turkey.

i didnt load the leagues from any of these countries.So, yeah, these numbers are extremely strange.

Edit: After looking for more information, i dont think the theory about overrated youth facilities is true. None of the turkish teams have more than 16 for youth facilities, while Brazil has more than 10 clubs with more than 16 for youth facilities. Galatasaray and fenerbahce have high reputation, but there are brazilian teams with higher reputation then both of them.

We might argue that there are a lot of talented Turkish new-gens in the game. There is also a paradox in this since we are in 2010 and we don't know yet how will be the Turkish football in 2018 or 2020.

For Germany and Bulgaria as it has been explained there are mass Turkish populations in some parts of Europe. I think Turkish population are the biggest minority in Germany. If you think of marriages of a Turkish women and German man (or Bulgarian) name could be Turkish and surname could be German and Bulgarian; it is normal.

Also in 80's Bulgarian government forced Turkish people to change their Turkish surnames to Bulgarian ones. Some of them moved to Turkey such as Naim Suleymanoglu (past Olympic weight-lifter champion).

Having Turkish names and different national surname is not a bug, or researchers mistake. If it isn't in the game; that would be unrealistic. A good example to that is Mehmet Scholl. Mehmet is Turkish, Scholl is German.

As I said before having too many talented Turkish new-gens could be argued, but it isn't impossible either. There are a lot of gifted players in Turkey, but because of lack of support and education they quit playing before they reach their full potential.

Bah.. I hope this isn't because I kept moaning about the quality of regens being too good and Riz played a joke on me. :)

Anyhow, I'll get some analysis on this together at some point and give feedback to the folks at SI who are in charge of newgens.

Thanks! I'm glad this is getting some attention. The problem for me is that these newgens are there even if the Turkish league ain't loaded. And again I repeat this has nothing to do with any anti-turkey campaign or anything so please guys from Turkey understand it and let's not turn into some kind of nationalistic dispute ;)

• 3 months later...

First of all Bulgaria has a significant Turkish minority as mentioned above so it is not unusual to have Turkish players coming out of there. Now if you feel the number of those players doesn't reflect the reality of Bulgaria you'd need to know about that reality first before you can criticize it. Even Greece had a player of Turkish origin playing for their U-21's about 2 years ago his name was Hussein Mumin. There is a Turkish minority in southeastern Europe especially the Balkans. There are players who come over from Serbia and Bosnia to Turkey at a young age and even end up playing for the Turkish national team. Again if you want to make a valid point about something make sure you're not completely ignorant about it first.

There are many reasons why players like Mesut Ozil have not popped up more often in the past. The main reason for this is that a lot of these players are 2nd or 3rd generation immigrants and they are just recently becoming integrated into German society. Germany ahs finally become aware of the huge potential this group of players have. In the past German officials did not pay much attention to these players and a lot of them ended up coming to Turkey either becoming stars over there or hindering their development and disappearing off the map. This is not the case anymore as liek I said Germany is aware of these players now and is eager to make full use of them also Turkish football has developed immensely in the last 20 years which means the ones that come to Turkey also have a shot at a good career. If you look into the DB you will see that quite a decent number of Germany's young talent pool consists of players that have Turkish origin. Now after all of this info and your own research into the matter you need to come up with some numbers an basic statistics if you can do that than you may have a point. Once you have this you can post in the bugs forum for the ones it concerns.

As for the transfers of Turkish players that are already in the DB to unexpected clubs for unexpected fees, even though this has been reiterated to death, it seems that some people just can't get it through their heads. It has nothing to do with the DB, but the transfer system of the game. The Turkish research team is one of the most cautious, analytical, and systematic teams around. If anything they will underrate players just to make sure they are not overrated. It all depends on the DB size you load and how many countries/leagues you load. If you load a smaller DB with fewer nations (fewer players) than the players in the Turkish league that has been loaded will end up being better than the majority of players in the loaded game and top clubs will target these players willing to pay larger fees than they are worth. If you people can't understand this in English and can't even understand the Turkish at Turksportal well you might as well stop playing FM, because you have much larger issues that you need to resolve. Let me just remind you at this stage that this parargraph you have just read has nothing to do with newgens.

I have to agree with the original poster. There are tons of good turkish regens in my game despite the fact i dont have turkey loaded. I dont know what the reason for this is but the game is really generous to some nations while for example Slovenia while not exactly a super power has only poor regens and after the current crop of players retires the national team is full of players that wouldnt be able to hold a spot in the championship. I guess the same thing happens to other smaller nations as i must admit i havent seen any many players from small nations appear in the game. For some reason Saudi Arabia and Egypt have quite a few world class players, while the rest of Africa has very poor players which is kinda weird considering top leagues are full of african stars. Another thing i noticed is that Brazil has much better regens than for example Argentina. Its possible that they have the same potential ability but brazilian players enter the game when they are 14,15 or 16 years old while argentinian regens are more likely to appear when they are 18.19 or even 20 years old.

The most pointless thread ive ever come across, since when was it an issue when a country had too many great regens/newgens? How ridiculous and as for the Bulgarians having Turkish surnames not sure if youve ever been there but the majority of Bulgarians speak Turkish, just like a lot of Kosovans and alot of Balkan countries still use Turkish words :) I got an idea if you dont like the idea of Turkish players in your game, try restarting and playing in the Vietnamese league im sure you will avoid them there :) peace!

Archived