Englisher Fussball Bund - EFB FM06 Clan Thread Mrk III

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sky2.jpg

Sam Hammam seen heresamhammam.jpg has told sky sports he is delighted with the player brought into the club this season he said<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Ive seen some players come and go in my time but the players the manager has brought to this great club this season are the best of the bunch lets hope they can all settle quickly and make Cardiff a Premiership fixture for a long time </div></BLOCKQUOTE> we went on to say that Rob Perry will have his full backing in any future moves a new kit and sponsor has also gone into production for this new season here is a glimpse of what Cardiff City will be wearing this season newkits.jpg

JVC has joined forces with Adidas to bring us this fantastic kit.

Stay tuned for more from the Bluebirds in what is going to be a fantastic season for all involved

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andy H:

Not my fault I have a life and Mr Gold well is again too scared to step outside his front door.

My Zeitung > Andy's Zeitung icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Absolutely correct, "My Zeitung" is the best! icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Goldy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andy H:

Not my fault I have a life and Mr Gold well is again too scared to step outside his front door.

Absolutely correct, "My Zeitung" is the best! icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not a chance in hell your Zeitung is anywhere near as good as mine. I had graphics and everything in mine. Had little stories and everything. icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Goldy:

Absolutely correct, "My Zeitung" is the best! icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not a chance in hell your Zeitung is anywhere near as good as mine. I had graphics and everything in mine. Had little stories and everything. icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your Zeitung wouldn't exist if it wasn't for mine!!! icon_smile.gificon_razz.gificon_biggrin.gificon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andy H::

Thank god I don't play for Cardiff wearing those strips all season.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

better than the others and I got 1 other thing to say with your teams performance in the play offs Im glad you dont play for cardif \o/

wi11iamsbanner.jpg

And now the news from your region............................

DA DI DI DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

80m.jpg

Hello im Geoffrey Trueman and welcome to a very special edition of Sports Watch, a Leeds Utd. special.

Things are deffinately grim up North with Williams somehow still at the helm of our beloved Leeds Utd

Ken Bates has somehow resisted the urge to show Williams the door, and with his track record, we at Yorkshire News believe all is not at it seems at Elland Road, so we decided to send in our special undercover reporter Isaac Kuntz to find out if the fishy smell comming out of Elland Road isn't really Edna the Tea Lady's gusset.

More of that later, first lets see whats been happening since we last depressed ourselves with new from Leeds.

Williams has brought 5 players in to the fold during the Janurary sales. The fist of whom was followed with cries of who, what, your fecking joking, followed by the same for the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th..........

Players In

John Armstrong came in from Hearts for £5,000, a young ball playing defensive midfielder, dubbed by Williams as a future asset only time will tell if this was indeed a good signing or as anticipated by most of the fans a complete waste of time, money and black pudding.

Eloy Room, Vitesse £26,000. Undercover reports suggest Williams took a huge gamble on this player via a scouting tip from a man in a London Brothel, we can exclusively reveal this was none other than disgraced Danny King aka Dunga aka Jimmy the Bung. King was recently found to be in control of large numbers of Easterm block internet websites promoting pay as you go Wives, Girlfriends and Farm Animals. Needless to say with a track record like that recommending Room to Leeds will have left a sour taste in the mouths of the Leeds Faithfull. Never-the-less Williams seems intent on trusting a man who freely admits to his love of all things hooved or feathered.

Hjalmar Superstar from Hearts for £26,000 was in this Reporters opinion the worst signing in Leeds fine Northern history. This obomination to Football (seen below) has no right to be on the Football pitch and I refuse to say anything more about him untill it's to report on his contract termination.

410%20-%20Poster.jpg

Mark Gilhaney from Hamilton came in for the Princely sum of 1 Thousand Punds, ONE THOUSAND POUNDS could feed the hungry of Leeds Yorkshire Pudding and Gravy for months, but Williams decides to throw it away on yet another Foreign signing. The sudden influx of Scotts is sure to mangle our fine Yorkshire dialect and turn it into some drivel heard only in the far reaches of places like Carlisle and Newcastle.

Finaly we have none other than Luis Rafael , bought for the price of a large 3 bedroom Semi in Leeds City Centre, £5,000 from somewhere called Belenenses in Portugal now call this Reporter what you like but I sincerely doubt they've even seen a Pigs Bladder in Portugal let alone kicked one.

So after the Farce that was January it was only a matter of days before Bates would wield the axe............. or so you would think.

Results (or lack of)

FA Cup 4th Round

Leeds miraculously made it to the 4th round to face Watford and threw away a golden oppourtunity to move onto the next round by twice throwing away the lead, strangely enough 2 goals from a geezer dressed only in pants aka Hjalmar Superstar should have been enough but Krisztian Kenesei levelled the scoreline both times to force a replay at a place a little too far for this Yorkshire Man to travel.

FA CUP 4th Round Replay

As no one in Leeds has a Passport, we can only go by what was seen on the new fangled wireless transmitions sent thorugh the gogglebox, but the boys for once did us proud with Einarsson, Gregan and once again Hjalmar Superstar cancelled out early Cameron and King goals to send the Leeds through to the 5th Round to face The Gooners down in the big smoke.

The Championship

Leeds welcomed Reading to Elland Road and promptly sent them packing with a fabulous 5-2 victory, Kevin Phillips showing StarMan form bagging a hatrick and Einarsson and Hjalmar Superstar eac bulging the Onion Bag.

This was followed by a 2-1 victory over fellow Yorkshiremen Burnley and left the lads in high spirits for theyre journey.......

FA Cup Quater Finals

With Passport applications up 300% Jim, Sue and Bob too travelled down to the Cosmopolitan City of London to meet The Gooners along with the Leeds squad. Strangely enough minutes before Kick off EFB host Rob Perry and EPLChallenge Boss Niall Murphy were seen exiting the Refferees Chambers with a large tub of KY Jelly and an empty suitcase. Needless to say we never had a sniff of a decision, gewtting hammered 4-0 a Bojinov double and Sivok and Van Persie ensuring the 2 influential Arsenal Fans were left with more than a smile on their faces icon_smile.gif

A 3-2 win over Wigan followed by a 3-3 against Leicester and a 2-2 against Luton saw us finishing in 16th place, a long way off the pace and a sure fire reason for David Williams to never show his face in Leeds again.

This Reporter has said all along that Kevin Blackwell shouldhave stayed firmly put and Williams should get back to doing what he does best, whatever that may be, again further proof that change is not good.

I am Geoffrey Trueman and this was Sports Watch a look into Leeds FC a complete pile of shyte.

skylogo.gif

Romanov meets with Delia

deliasmith1b.jpgnorwichrom1.jpg

Today Norwich announced their new sponsers for the new seasons home and away kit will be Ukio Bankas and Delia met up with Mr Romanov earlier today to finalise the deal . Mr Romanov was extremely happy to be linking up with Norwich and was seen as piuctured above with a Norwich scarf in his hand icon_smile.gif . The new kits are made by adidas a top quality sportswear maker.

Delia had this to say

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Sandy Pettigrew has been a great manager and with his connections at Hearts he brought Mr Romanov here to watch a game and I got talking with him. Without Sandy we would not be in the premiership and not have such a quality sponser and product. This will bring even more money for him to spend and bring in more quality players like Didier Zokora. So Lets be havin you for the Premiership! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Strips will look as follows

Home norwich1_home.png and Away norwich1_away.png

Can you not come up with your own imaginative line of thought Sandy, so you just steal Rob's ideas? icon_wink.gif

It's so blatant it's untrue. icon_biggrin.gif

Rob, I blame my assitant for my team's thrashing against. If i got the chance to play them I am sure I would have beaten you easily. icon_wink.gif

Can you not come up with your own imaginative line of thought Sandy, so you just steal Rob's ideas? icon_wink.gif

Rob, I blame my assitant for my team's thrashing against. If i got the chance to play them I am sure I would have beaten you easily. icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Youre right it was his idea !!! He done the strips and the Romanov picture icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jambo4eva:

Rob, I blame my assitant for my team's thrashing against. If i got the chance to play them I am sure I would have beaten you easily. icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Youre right it was his idea !!! He done the strips and the Romanov picture icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL icon_biggrin.gif

Rob's fault for agreeing to do it then. I would have told you to feck off. icon14.gif

rouchiebanner1.jpg

Glad all over! Back in the Premiership!

The Eagles are still flying high, hanging on to that UEFA cup slot in 6th position, can they stay there? Find out in this concluding report for season 2006-2007!

Southampton_home.pngSouthampton Vs Crystal Palacepalace_away.png

3rd March January 2007

A trip to the south coast brought its just rewards after a goal midway through the first 45 from Man of the Match Collins John was enough to seal the win for Palace icon14.gif

Southampton 0 Palace 1

Palace Scorers : John (24)

Att : 29054

MOM : Collins John – 9 (Crystal Palace)

middlesbrough_home.pngMiddlesbrough Vs Crystal Palacepalace_third.png

17th March 2007

A poor game in which Palace failed to find the net, despite several decent chances. An own goal from Leigertwood put ‘boro ahead and Downing secured the three points for the home side as well as the man of the match award, with a well struck volley late in the second half icon_frown.gif

Boro 2 Palace 0

Boro Scorers : Leigertwood (OG 41) Downing (80)

Att :34127

MOM : Stewart Downing – 9 (Middlesbrough)

tottenham_home.pngSpurs Vs Crystal Palacepalace_home.png

21st March 2007 – FA Cup 6th Round

A London derby for this FA cup match and a very tight contest it was with Palace taking the initiative through Andy Johnson’s 7th minute strike, only for Spurs to equalise in the second half and force a replay at Selhurst Park icon_smile.gif

Spurs 1 Palace 1

Palace Scorers : Johnson (7)

Spurs Scorers : Lennon (66)

Att : 36200

MOM : Aaron Lennon (Spurs)

palace_home.pngCrystal Palace Vs Spurstottenham_home.png

1st April 2007 - FA Cup 6th Round Replay

April fools day for the FA cup replay and the Spurs keeper certainly ended up with egg on his face after Geremi opened the scoring after literally seconds! Not even a minute on the clock! Spurs Andy Reid was then sent off in the second half for a second bookable on 64 minutes, and Andy Johnson rounded the day off for the Palace fans and killed any hope of a Spurs comeback with a goal in the last 10 minutes to send the Eagles through to the semifinals icon_biggrin.gif

Palace 2 Spurs 0

Palace Scorers : Geremi (1) Johnson (81)

Att : 26473

MOM : Emmerson Boyce - 8 (Palace)

palace_home.pngCrystal Palace Vs Aston VillaVilla_away.png

4th April 2007

Although still on a high from getting to the FA cup semi final for the second year running Palace couldn’t get past the Villa Keeper today despite their prolonged domination. It took an exceptional strike from Recoba in the second half to finally beat Given but by then the Villans were already two up courtesy of a penalty from Cacapa and a goal from Baros. Given was awarded the Man of the Match champagne as Villa stole the three points from this fixture icon_mad.gif

Palace 1 Villa 2

Palace Scorers : Recoba (52)

Villa Scorers : Cacapa (Pen 20) Baros (29)

Att : 26477

MOM : Shay Given (Aston VIlla)

newcastle_home.pngNewcastle Vs Crystal Palacepalace_third.png

7th April 2007

An exceptional game for the visitors and surely any neutral watching ! Newcastle started like a steam train quickly taking a two goal lead with goals from Luque and Milner before 10 minutes had elapsed. Then a St James old boy, Michael Chopra, pulled one back. Both sides pressed, but no more goals came until late in the second half when Palace pulled off a fantastic smash and grab to seal a remarkable comeback! Diego equalised with 4 minutes to go, then unbelievably, Freddy Guarin scored the winner 2 minutes later. Andy Johnson was at the centre of all this action and fully deserved the man of the match accolade he picked up after the game icon_biggrin.gif

Newcastle 2 Palace 3

Palace Scorers : Chopra (22) Diego (86) Guarin (88)

Newcastle Scorers : Luque (6) Milner (10)

Att : 50399

MOM : Andy Johnson - 8 (Crystal Palace)

palace_home.pngCrystal Palace Vs Spurstottenham_home.png

9th April; 2007

Another game against Spurs, this time in the league and Palace emerged victorious again despite Spurs taking the lead with Tom Huddlestone’s goal! That lead lasted only 3 minutes before Collins John grabbed the equaliser. The increasingly influential man of the match Alvaro Recoba got Palace’s second and ultimately winning goal 5 minutes before the end of the first half to seal the second comeback victory in succession for the Eagles icon_cool.gif

Palace 2 Spurs 1

Palace Scorers : John (26) Recoba (40)

Spurs Scorers : Huddlestone (23)

Att : 26469

MOM : Alvaro Recoba - 8 (Palace)

ManU_home.pngMan Utd Vs Crystal Palacepalace_away.png

12th April 2007

A trip to Old Trafford and a real test for this Palace side as Paul Scholes puts the home side ahead with less than a minute on the clock! Recoba responded with and equaliser 5 minutes later and the game see sawed between the 2 sides for that point on. Ruud van Nistelrooy regained the lead for Man U, but then Patrice Evra was sent off 5 minutes after that and then Andy Johnson levelled the scores again 8 minutes before the break, and the sides went in at 2-2. The second half saw no more drama or goals as Man U went to a more defensive formation and literally shut the game down icon15.gif

Man Utd 2 Palace 2

Palace Scorers : Recoba (6) Johnson (37)

Man Utd Scorers : Scholes (1) Nistelrooy (28)

Att : 71398

MOM : Ruud van Nistelrooy (Man Utd)

charlton_home.pngCharlton Vs Crystal Palacepalace_away.png

15th April 2007

Palace were now playing their 4th game in 8 days and were entitled to feel a bit leg weary, but they still managed to provide the entertainment for what is surely one of the best games of the season! Diego opened the scoring with a bullet of a strike on 13 minutes, Darren Bent equalised 4 minutes later only to see Recoba regain the advantage for the eagles with his goal on 22 minutes. Chopra then extended the lead 3 minutes after that and the Charlton defence was left looking a bit shell shocked! Then to make matters worse for the Addicks, Diego struck again on the stroke of half time to send the visitors in the happier of the 2 teams. Quite what was said to the Charlton players at half time was unclear but it certainly hit the mark as they came out for the second half a much more focussed and organised unit. Despite Diego sealing his hatrick and putting Palace 5-1 up 8 minutes after the restart it never looked over for Charlton. Bent made it 5-2 2 minutes later and Charlton pressed continuously until Bent made it 5-3 but unfortunately by then it was too late to have any realistic chance of completing the comeback and Palace ran out 5-3 winners in an absolute thriller of a game! icon14.gif

Charlton 3 Palace 5

Palace Scorers : Diego (13, 45, 53) Recoba (22) Chopra (25)

Charlton Scorers : Bent (17, 55, 87)

Att : 71398

MOM : Diego - 9 (Crystal Palace)

everton_home.pngEverton Vs Crystal Palacepalace_third.png

22nd April 2007 – FA Cup Semi-final

Palaces final hopes were crushed yet again at the final hurdle as Maxi Lopez scored 2 in the first half and Palace could only respond with the Andy Johnson goal in the second, so the Toffees head off to Wembley for the Final icon13.gif

Everton 2 Palace 1

Palace Scorers : Johnson (57)

Everton Scorers : Lopez (15, 26)

Att : 62552

MOM : Maxi Lopez (Everton)

palace_home.pngCrystal Palace Vs Liverpoolliverpool_away.png

25h April; 2007

After losing to the blue scousers, the red ones picked palace’s pocket to come away with an ill deserved share of the points! Peter Crouch converted a dubious penalty awarded in the first half, but Diego restored the balance 2 minutes later with a fine goal from open play. Popvic gave the home side the lead they deserved from another penalty that wasn’t really justified and Palace pressed on to seal the win, but a man of the match performance from Reina kept the Palace strikers at bay. Then in the dying seconds of the game Cisse equalised as Liverpool struck on the counter attack leaving the home side feeling very hard done by icon_rolleyes.gif The bonus from this disappointment was that with the other results around them Palace had now qualified for the UEFA cup as they could not now finish out of the top 6 icon_biggrin.gif

Palace 2 Liverpool 2

Palace Scorers : Diego (43) Popovic (Pen 59)

Spurs Scorers : Crouch (Pen 41) Cisse (90)

Att : 26471

MOM : Jose manuel Reina (Liverpool)

ManCity_home.pngMan City Vs Crystal Palacepalace_third.png

28th April 2007

A very poor end of season away game for the palace as Qvist scores the only goal for the home side and extinguishes any lingering hopes for a Champions League spot icon_frown.gif

Man City 1 Palace 0

City Scorers : Qvist (45)

Att : 46558

MOM : Sylvain Distin (Man City)

palace_home.pngCrystal Palace Vs Chelseachelsea_away.png

6th May 2007

The last game of the season and a celebration for the Palace fans before the game even starts the Fans all stand and applaud the team and their manager after a remarkable season. The game kicked off and the continued in the style of Palace’s season with Recoba scoring after just 2 minutes had run up on the clock! Castrillon doubled the home sides advantage before the half finished and the home fans were delirious with joy! Fat Fran pulled one back for the blues when he converted a penalty in the second half but Diego crushed any thought of a comeback from the visitors with Palaces third goal of the match 20 minutes before the end. Palace finished the season as they had played it all the way through, shocking people with wins and goals and ended up 5th in the premiership! What a fantastic season!

Palace 3 Chelsea 1

Palace Scorers : Recoba (2) Castrillon (38) Diego (68)

Chelsea Scorers : Lampard (Pen 58)

Att : 26491

MOM : Alvaro Recoba - 9 (Crystal Palace)

End of Season Awards

After a wonderful first season back in the premiership, it was no surprise when some of the players picked up some of the end of season awards. The Barclays Premiership Team of the Season. contained two of the Palace team, Gabor Kiraly who has been rock solid in goal for palace all season and Tom Soares who has emerged as e very hot young talent. In fact the Players Young Player of the Year award was won by Tom Soares which just goes to show how hot! Freddy Guarin was runner up in that award which means that Palace certainly have some players that can only improve as time goes by! Collins John was the clubs top goal scorer with 18 goals. Tom Soares made the most assist this season with 13. Tom Soares was the most consistent player achieving an average rating of 7.41. Collins John received the Fans Player of the Year accolade

Reading Report

tony1banner.jpg

Session Dates: 23rd & 25th May 2006

Players Sold: 2

Connor Sinnott M C Chesterfield - £8K (Departs 01-07-07)

Graeme Murty D/WB R West Brom - £18K (Departs (01-07-07)

Players Released: 1

Scott Davies M RC

Players Signed: 1

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer AM R, ST Norwich – Free (Arrives 01-07-07)

Loans In: 1

Nicklas Bendtner ST Arsenal – 3 Months

Results

dcnew.gif

5th Round

Reading_home.png Reading 2 vs 4 Crystal Palace palace_away.png

Reading Scorers: Steve Sidwell (15) & Brynjar Gunnarsson (55)

Crystal Palace Scorers: Collins John (8, 31 & 72) & Alvaro Recoba (Pen 52)

Attendance: 12,711

MOM: Collins John (Crystal Palace)

No complaints about this loss, completely outclassed on the day, Collins John opened up the scoring in the 8th minute with the first goal of his hat trick before Sidwell equalised. Collins John then scored his second in the 31st minute before Reading captain Brynjar Gunnarsson scored in the 55th minute to peg Palace back to 2-2 but it was not to be after a Alvaro Recoba penalty in the 52nd minute and Collins John’s 3rd goal in the 72nd minute killed Reading’s cup run off.

championship.gif

qpr_home.png Q.P.R 1 vs 1 Reading Reading_away.png

Q.P.R Scorer: Kevin Gallen (8)

Reading Scorer: Vincent Pericard (75)

Attendance: 11,845

MOM: Russell Hoult (Q.P.R)

Red Cards: Gary Cahill (Q.P.R) (74)

Disappointing draw, Reading couldn’t capitalise on having a extra man on the pitch after Gary Cahill got sent off. Vincent Pericard scored a equalising goal after the sending off but the Reading just couldn’t get the ball past their goal keeper.

Reading_home.png Reading 1 vs 1 Fulham fulham_away.png

Reading Scorer: Steve Sidwell (37)

Fulham Scorer: Paul Gallagher (23)

Attendance: 24,102

MOM: Marcus Hahnemann (Reading)

Lucky to get a point from this game as Fulham had set up camp in the Reading penalty area which consequently helped Marcus Hahnemann gain the Man of the match award.

Leeds_home.png Leeds 5 vs 2 Reading Reading_away.png

Leeds Scorers: Kevin Phillips (Pen 7, 25 & Pen 79), Gyifi Einarsson (69) & Hjalmar (87)

Reading Scorers: Emile Heskey (18) & Leroy Lita (72)

Attendance: 27,446

MOM: Kevin Phillips (Leeds)

Reading Injuries: Steve Sidwell (41)

Leeds and Dave Williams got their revenge for the defeat Reading handed them earlier in the season big time. Reading were just outclassed with only Heskey and Lita scoring for them.

Reading_home.png Reading 1 vs 2 Nottm Forest NottForest_away.png

Reading Scorer: Dave Kitson (68)

Nottm Forest Scorer: Roland Kazubowski (2 & 83)

Attendance: 22,002

MOM: Roland Kazubowski (Nottm Forest)

Another loss and the bad form is beginning to settle in for Reading. Just can’t beat a side managed by Andy but hey I’ll get him next season.

Leicester_home.png Leicester 3 vs 0 Reading Reading_away.png

Leicester Scorers: Matty Fryatt (5 & 70) & Elvis Hammond (14)

Attendance: 30,595

MOM: Joey Gudjonsson (Leicester)

The frustration is beginning to set in for me as this is really endangering the playoff position situation for Reading. Reading were just outclassed again by a strong Leicester side.

Reading_home.png Reading 3 vs 1 Luton Luton_away.png

Reading Scorers: Glen Little (44), Emile Heskey (47) & Stephen Hunt (86)

Luton Scorer: Carlos Edwards (28)

Attendance: 16,070

MOM: Nicky Shorey (Reading)

Back to winning ways at last and this will help settle the playoff position for Reading. Goals from Little, Heskey and Hunt were enough to settle the match after Luton’s Carlos Edwards opened the scoring.

sheffwed_home.png Sheff Wed 0 vs 2 Reading Reading_away.png

Reading Scorers: Nicklas Bendtner (25) & John Oster (85)

Attendance: 23,292

MOM: John Oster (Reading)

Reading Injuries: Chris Sinnott (73)

Again its always good to beat a side you once managed, even if it was a few nights before the game crashed again, goals from on loan Nicklas Bendtner and John Oster were enough to put the game to bed for Reading.

Reading_home.png Reading 0 vs 2 Norwich norwich_away.png

Norwich Scorers: Belozoglu Emre (47) & Sergey Kisliy (50)

Attendance: 24,085

MOM: Danny Szetela (Norwich)

Red Cards: Leandro Gioda (Norwich) (7)

Even with one man extra on the pitch for Reading they still couldn’t beat Sandy’s Norwich who now have a tough task staying in the Premiership. Congratulations Sandy and all the best for the Premiership.

millwall_home.png Millwall 0 vs 2 Reading Reading_away.png

Reading Scorer: Nicklas Bendtner (48 & 54)

Attendance: 8,486

MOM: Chris Riggott (Reading)

Two goals from on loan striker Nicklas Bendtner were enough for Reading to win this match which Reading dominated.

Reading_home.png Reading 2 vs 3 Cardiff cardiff_away.png

Reading Scorers: John Oster (38) & Dave Kitson (88)

Cardiff Scorers: Gabor Gyepes (43), Park Joo-Young (48) & Maciej Korzym (70)

Attendance: 22,223

MOM: Stephen Wright (Reading)

Don’t have much to say about this match other than this was the last chance for a bit to get one over Rob but Reading failed miserably and now Cardiff will be kicking about with the big boys in the Premiership. Congratulations Rob.

derby_home.png Derby 1 vs 0 Reading Reading_away.png

Derby Scorer: Kevin Davies (41)

Attendance: 29,147

MOM: Kevin Davies (Derby)

Disappointing match and getting very angry with my side for letting Derby score a sloppy goal.

Reading_home.png Reading 0 vs 1 Preston preston_away.png

Preston Scorer: Glenn Whelan (37)

Attendance: 22,057

MOM: Claude Davis (Preston)

Red Cards: Jason Jarrett (Preston) (42) & Scott Davies (Reading) (73)

The curse of Preston started last season and continued for me with these final matches. This first match was closely fought and both sides had players sent off but I still found it hard to digest that my side couldn’t beat 10 men when they had 1 more man on the pitch than they did.

Play-off 1st Leg

Reading_home.png Reading 0 vs 1 Preston preston_away.png

Preston Scorer: Mark Jackson (81)

Attendance: 24,100

MOM: Graham Alexander (Preston)

The curse continues on wards in part 2 of this 3 part saga and a single goal from Mark Jackson in the 81st minute was enough to put Preston in the driving seat.

Play-off 2nd Leg

preston_home.png Preston (3) 2 vs 1(1) Reading Reading_away.png

Preston Scorers: Ryan Russell (11), Chris Sedgwick (45)

Reading Scorers: Nicklas Bendtner (56)

Attendance: 20,461

MOM: Chris Sedgwick (Preston)

The concluding part of this 3 part saga and it is really frustrating me now, what have I got to do to beat Preston and get to the Playoff final. What makes matters worse is if things go like they did this time around I might have to face them in a playoff semi final next season as Cardiff beat them in this season’s play off final.

Championship Position at end of season: 6th

Okay rebuilding the Reading side begins in earnest, Vincent Pericard, Marcus Hahnemann and after another inspection of the squad on Tuesday will be put on the Transfer List and sold to produce funds for new players capable of getting us past the playoffs or even automatic promotion.

Good Reports lads icon_biggrin.gif and unlucky against Preston who are probably the only team you didnt beat .

so im bored here aer my predictions for next season

rouchie - Palace - I think rouchie will finish in the top 5 and possibly get a Champions League spot . Rouchie to get to the Semi final of the FA Cup and the final of the League cup

Tony - Reading - If Tony gets a few quality signings in I think he will have another good chance of getting promoted and couild well sneak into the automatic promotion spot.

Rob - Cardiff - As outsiders of the premiership i think Rob will get a top 10 place at least and probably get a European spot with the team of foreign stars he has ! Rob and Rouchie to get to the League Cup final

Andy - Nottm Forest - I think andy will Finish in the playoff spot and its anyones guess who goes up via the play offs , 1 good cup run not sure which

Steff - sheff Utd - With the right signings i actually think Steff will win the league especially with his loan star from me the new Larsson icon_wink.gif I think Steff will go out early in both cups and be able to concentrate on the league icon_biggrin.gif

Steve - Le Pool - Top ten finish with a probable play off spot . A good League cup run is also on the cards

Dave - Leeds - I think Dave needs to get off to a good start or he will face the sack but probably have another good cup run and a top ten finish in the league .

Myself - Norwich - Im aiming for top ten hopefully and a decent cup run icon_smile.gif

steffbanner.jpg

Blades conclude woeful season in a blaze of mediocrity

As we approached the final run of games in this season's championship I had hoped we could finish on a high, true our results were better than the usual crap we had been serving up but it still wasn't the performances I was looking for - I feel a massive clearout comming on at the lane next season (should anyone be stupid enough to buy these failures).

Here is a brief look at the games that concluded my heartache......erm season.

Wednesday 21st Februrary 2007 : Leeds v Sheff Utd : Coca-Cola Championship : 1-0 win

We spurned chance after chance in this one, Leeds could have had no complaints if they had gone it at half time three or four goals down, but as it was my strikers pathetic finishing let them go in at half time with a chance of still taking something from the game.

The second half continued in the same vain as the first as we went in search of that elusive goal and Leeds continued to look like they could play for a month and still not score. The breakthrough for Sheff Utd finally came in the 88th minute when Alan Quinn lashed the ball home from close ranger leaving the Leeds keeper (who tbf kept them in the game up until that point) helpless.

Saturday 24th February 2007: sheff Utd v Nottm Forest : Coca-Cola Championship : 4-1 loss

Another tragic performance from the soon to be moving on Sheffield United players, it took all of three minutes for my defence to collapse and allow Heidar Helguson in to make it 1-0. Things did start to look up for a bid as on loan striker Enzo Scorza hauled the Blades back into the match with his 19th minute strike. This joy would however only last seven minutes as Helguson broke free of the last defender (again) and gave the Tricky Trees a 2-1 lead.

At the interval I told the players they could take something from this match if they kept their focus, did they listen?

David Johnson effectivly killed off the match in the 49th minute as he gave Forest a 3-1 lead, and to add insult to injury Johnson struck again in the 87th minute to give Forest manager Andrew Hepburn all 3 points.

Saturday 3rd March 2007: Leicester v Sheff Utd : Coca-Cola Championship : 3-1 loss

More rubbish here, my players would have been as well not turning up for this one as they hardly played anyway icon_frown.gif

It only took six minutes for Leicester to take the lead through Gareth Williams and even at that point there looked to be no way back for Sheff Utd, however we did manage to make it to half time only losing by the one goal.

It only took two minutes after the start of the second half for Leicester to double their lead through Matty Fryatt /o\. Fryatt would put the result beyond all doubt in the 66th minute with his bullet header, by some minor miracle we did manage to pull a goal back in the 87th minute through Alan Quinn.

Tuesday 6th March 2007: Sheff Utd v Luton : Coca-Cola Championship : 3-2 win

Again in this one we went behind after only a short time, the main shocker being, we managed to pull it back and go on to win \o/

Dean Morgan gave Luton the lead after 15minutes, his goal was cancelled out by Robbie Fowler in the 21minute and Steven Kabba added a second for Sheff Utd in the 37th minute.

After the break we continued to press forward and could have scored many more goals before Alan Quinn added the third in the 79th minute, Keith Keane pulled one back for Luton in the 90th minute by then it was too late for them to take anything from this game.

Saturday 10th March 2007 : Sheff Wed v Sheff Utd : Coca-Cola Championship : 2-0 win

The local derby, and this time we won it \o/

Robbie Fowler gave us the lead in the 15th minute and we were very unlucky to only be one up at half time as we created some great chances in an action packed first half. It was more of the same in the second half was we set about trying to kill Sheff Wed off and we finally got our reward for such sustained pressure in the 64th minute through a Clinton Morrison goal, things got worse for Wednesday a mere three minutes later as ex Sheff Utd diddy David Unsworth was show the red card for being useless.

Saturday 17th March 2007 : Sheff Utd v Norwich : Coca-Cola Championship : 3-3 draw

Up against the champions in waiting here, it was always going to be a big ask to take anything from this match, regardless if it was a home game or not!

The first half was a pretty balance affair with both sides creating their own chances, it did however looked that the teams were going to go in level until Barry Robson struck right on the stroke of half time to give Norwich a 1-0 lead at the break. It only took two minutes of the second half for Robbie Fowler to grab the equaliser and pull Sheff Utd right back into the match. Things got worse for Norwich in the 52nd minute as Michael Jakobsen was ordered off for an outrageous tackle on Clinton Morrison. It wasn't long before took advantage of numerical superiorty as Fowler was on target right on the hour mark giving us a 2-1 lead. What followed in the next nine minutes can only be described as a spectacular collapse as 10 man Norwich stormed into a 3-2 lead through Sergey Kisliy (64mins) and Danny Murphy (pen 69mins). The Blades would not be denied a point however and Alan Quinn secured that point in the 86th minute.

Saturday 31st March 2007 : Millwall v Sheff Utd : Coca-Cola championship : 2- loss

After a good performance against Norwich we resorted back to the same old crap here icon_frown.gif

Barry Hayles opened the scoring on 16mins, Millwall went on to dominate the game and could have been three or four up at half time if it wasn't for a comination of great goalkeeping and woeful finishing. The second half was more of the same but we did manage to create one or two chances - but as usual we couldn't take them icon_frown.gif

Mark Phillips sealed the points for Millwall with the final kick of the ball.

Saturday 7th April 2007: Sheff Utd v Cardiff : Coca-Cola Championship : 4-4 draw

Up against high flying Cardiff here and this was always going to be a big ask to escape with all three points.

Maciej Korzym opened the scoring for the bluebirds in the second minute /o\ Cardiff's lead was short lived as Robbie Fowler levelled the match in the tenth minute. Cardiff then stormed into a four one lead through goals from Shaun Maloney (25mins) and a Kelly double (28th min pen and 56mins), Sheff Utd then staged their own comeback with goals through Clinton Morrison (60mins), A Garry Flitcroft penalty in the 81st minute and a very dodgy penalty in the 88th minute which Jersson Gonzalez converted to take a share of the points.

Monday 9th April 2007: Derby v Sheff Utd : Coca-Cola Championship: 2-1 win

Picked up another 3 points here \o/

After a bright start Clinton Morrison opened the scoring for us in the 23rd minute, Robbie Fowler doubled the advantage right no the stroke of half time.

After the restart Derby looked much brighter and possibly they done enough to grab a draw, sadly for them they only managed to pull one goal back through Matt Jansen in the 84th minute.

Saturday 14th April 2007: Sheff Utd v Preston : Coca-Cola Championship : 1-1 draw

We managed to stifle Preston here and stop their creative midfield from getting gonig \o/ Sadly they had scored before we managed to put out plan into action with the only goal of the game comming from Paul Mckenna in the 7th minute.

Saturday 21st April 2007: Hartlepool v Sheff Utd : Coca-Cola Championship : 1-1

An action packed first half looked to be heading towards a draw until Enzo Scorza pounced with two minutes of the half remaining of the half with more than a hint of offside. Scorza's strike looked to have been enough to secure all three points for the blades until Krisztian Nemeth levelled the game right on the stroke of full time........the bastard icon_frown.gif

Sunday 29th April 2007: Sheff Utd v Stoke : Coca-Cola Championship : 1-1 draw

Manager Steff Browning had taken an early leave of absence for this one as he went off scouring Europe for new talent to bring to Bramall Lane.

Steven Kabba opened the scoring in the 3rd minute, Sambegou Bangoura pulled Stoke levell in the 47th minute and that was that.

So there we have it, another season totally wasted :|

12th placed in the Championship is not good enough for a club like Sheff Utd and we can only hope the players brought in next season will be up to the job!

Browning spung into action in the transfer market immediently after the season finished :

Players In

playersin4zp.jpg

Players out

playersout6vk.jpg

Rumours are also circulating around Sheffield that the entire United under 18 team has been released from their contracts.

Stay tuned for more news from Bramall Lane as we have it.

Predictions

Cardiff - Rob will finish top half in the premiership comfortably avoiding the relegation zone but narrowly missing the European spots. Semi Finals in the League Cup and an early “shock†exit in the FA Cup

Norwich – Sandy, with the transfer budget he has had and the signings he has made should make the UEFA cup placing of top 6 in the Premiership and a decent cup run in both competitions.

Nottingham Forest - Andy will get automatic qualification this season avoiding the lottery of the play offs by winning the Championship on goal difference. Early exits in both cups to premiership teams though icon_frown.gif

Sheffield United – Steff - Promotion via the play offs after scraping in at 6th on the last day of the season! No cup run to talk of.

Leeds – Dave - Judging by the current mood of the Leeds board, he will be the first casualty in this seasons sack race.

Hartlepool – Steve will be leading the Championship for the second half of the campaign but a poor run in will allow Andy to take the title and leave him with a runners up spot and promotion. Respectable but not spectacular in the cups

Reading – Tony will finish strongly but lose out on promotion in another play off heartbreak (probably against Preston!) early exit form the League cup and a respectable showing in the FA cup.

Crystal Palace – I will finish in the top 4 cementing Champions League qualification for the first time for the Eagles. A decent run in the domestic cups and knocked out in the semis of the UEFA cup, but all in all a steady progression for the South London club.

Nice predictions rouchie. I am gonna win this damn Championship title this season like you said!!!!!! No play off nonsense!!!!! icon_mad.gif

My predictions:

Crystal Palace - After an unbelievable season I think rouchie will end up in a top ten position, finishing just outside the european spots. Good cup runs will see rouchie get to the semi's of the Carling Cup and finally get to the final of the FA Cup where he will lose. icon_frown.gif

In europe rouchie will get to the quaters before he is eventually put out.

Norwich - With the transfer budget Sandy has he should finish in the top ten but knowing Sandy he will prolly just scrape survival. Good cup runs in both cups to make up for the disappointment in the league.

Cardiff - Rob did very well last season to get his team to the Premiership and I think he will finish in a mid table position. In the cups I think he will get to the quarters of the Carling Cup and semi finals of the FA Cup.

Forest - I am gonna do my upmost to win the league or get the runners up spot this season but more likely will have to settle for yet another play off spot. Team is getting stronger but may not be strong enough to lift the title. As usual get put out of both cups early to Premiership teams as this game really hates me!!!!! icon_mad.gif

Reading - Tony I think will make the play offs and this time if he avoids Preston might win them!! icon_eek.gif Decent cup runs will see him also lose out to Premiership opposition.

Sheffield Utd - Well you can never tell with Steff. He might do brilliantly or do utter guff. Top ten position and going out early in the cups is the best Steff can hope for. icon_frown.gif

Leeds - Dave will hang on to his job by the skin of his teeth and go on to have a decent season where he will finish in the play offs and prolly lose in the semi finals. He will also go out of both cups early.

Hartlepool - Steve has achieved a lot with Hartlepool in a short space of time last season. This season he will sneak a play off spot and do alright in the cups. Will prolly lose to Premiership opposition but knowing his luck he will get easy teams right up until the latter stages!!!

robbanner1.jpg

sky2.jpg

Boy Boy Mosia has had his contract terminated with immediate affect from Cardiff, his bad attitude in training sparked rows with other players and Chairman Sam Hammam who witnessed it took it apon himself to step in. Perry said of his decision Hey he pays the bills I want whats best for the club too in the long run so I stand by his decision.

In other news Fc Porto scout Reinaldo has signed a deal that sees him join Cardiff's backroom staff 3 others who come in are Rudi Wojtowicz, Peter Beardsley and Boca Juniors coach Sergio Saturno, Bernhard Janssen is still in talks at the moment about joining too.Perry has decided since they moved up to the Premiership some better coaches and backroom staff should join the club in order to keep them in the top flight

Players OUT

Chris Cohen joined Southend 425k

Yannick Zambernardi joined Nottm Forest Free

Steve Finnan joined Wolves 825k

Marco Stier joined Bradford Free

Juan Angel Seguro a recent signing from Osasuna has been sold to Zurich for 1.8m

Gabor Gyepes joined Zurich for 900k

Sebastian Larsson has joined Leeds on a season long loan.

Players IN

castelen.png

Romeo Castelen joins from Feyenoord on a free

ivana.png

Slovakian captain Milan Ivana joins from Cska Sofia for 700k

kislyak.png

Sergey Kislyak joins from Zenith Peterburg for 2.4m a new club record

Pre Season Games

Felcsut A 3-1 win

Honved A 2-0 win

*Stuttgart H 3-0 win

Lierse H 2-1 loss

Stuttgart where the opponents when the new all 30,000 seater St David's Stadium opened a big day for all Cardiff fans as they went on to win the game 3-0

Stay tuned for more from the Bluebirds TWEET TWEET!!!

Well all the cool kids (and Sandy) seem to be doing them so heres mine.

Hartlepool - Mid table obscurity, sorry Steve icon_frown.gif

Leeds - Sacked if he loses his next game, if not he'll surive and just narrowly miss out on a playoff place - only to be sacked at the end of the season.

Reading - Automatic promotion and avoiding Preston in the playoffs for the first time in three seasons \o/

Forest - Playoff place again this season for the Tricky Trees.

Cardiff - will finish 17th and escape relegation by one point.....or maybe even goal difference.

Crystal Palace - 7th (ish)

Norwich - With such a small squad Sandy needs to hope he doesn't get hammered by injuries otherwise he could be in for a long hard struggle and face a relegation dogfight, narrowly escape relegation.

Sheff Utd - **** knows!

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL!!!!!!!!!

robbanner2.jpg

prem.gif

Cardiff City's long road has now begun in trying to stay in the Premier League

Villa Park Birmingham

603.png VS625.png

Aston Villa 3 Cardiff City 2

It was Aston Villa who showed Premiership quality early on and took the lead after 28mins through Diarra before Figueroa would make it 2-0 on 35mins, Cardiff's Prem dreams already off to a bad start but they didnt give up Baros making it 3-0 on 71 wasnt enough to stop them trying to fight back Park Joo Young the young korean who set fire to the Championship when he joined Cardiff made it 3-1 on 88mins and a late Michael Carrick goal on 92mins helped with confidence if nothing else

Attendance 34207

Star Man Luciano Figueroa 9 showed excellent touches throughout and worthy winner of the MOM award

St David's Stadium Cardiff

625.png VS650.png

Cardiff City 2 Everton 0

David Moyes would bring his Everton side to the brand new Cardiff stadium for its first taste of Premiership action Martin Galletti opened for Cardiff on 24mins, Everton never really got going in this one and Galletti would make a slack defence pay again on 79mins to put the home side up 2-0 and thats how this one ended

Attendance 20177

Star Man James McEveley 8 Proved today what a good signing hes gonna be

premtransfers.jpg

Jose Karl Pierre Fanfan has been Released

Baki Serkan joined Trabzonspor for 3.1m

Emmanuel Ebiede who was instrumental in helping Cardiff get to the Premiership has joined Korean outfir Seoul for 1.7m

Milovan Mirosevic has joined Djurgarden for 2.7m

Joe Murphy's contract expired and was not renewed

walcott2.png

Theo Walcott decided he would leave Arsenal in order to gain first team football he joins Cardiff for a record 3.5m

arenas.png

Libis Andre Arenas a fantastic young goalkeeper has joined Cardiff from Valarenga for 1.1m he looks destined for a great career already making his full international debut for Colombia

Alberto Cerrajero 17yr old Defender signs from Atl Madrid for 850k after failing to sign a new deal Cardiff where alerted by long time friend of manager Rob Perry, Arsene Wenger to his availablity.

St David's Stadium Cardiff

625.png VS602.png

Cardiff City 3 Arsenal 2

Arsene Wenger had told Perry before the game he thought Arsenal should win this comfortably,Reyes opened on 13mins for the visitors,Carrick pulled one back quickly on 17mins from the spot when he was brought down by Ashley Cole, Ivana then put Cardiff into the lead on 36mins and thats how the first half would end, second half started as brightly as the first Henry would make it 2-2 on 59mins but Cardiff never gave up the fight and it paid off Ivana would score the winner in the 89mins after some terrible defending by Sol Campbell

Attendance 29948

Star Man Milan Ivana 9 Totally deserved this award,great performance more like this and he will surely become a fan favourite here at Cardiff

Anfield Liverpool

676.png VS625.png

Liverpool 2 Cardiff City 0

Liverpool showed far superior touches and they paid off Alonso opened the scoring on 31mins from a 50yard strike catching Arenas off his line, Gonzalez would add a second right on half time after some more slack defending from Cardiff and they would take home the 3points

Attendance 42434

Star Man Jamie Carragher 8 Proving he can still do it with the best of em Carragher never stopped running today

So thats it so far some great signings made on deadline day and some great results in Cardiff's first season in the Premiership under Rob Perry unfolds stay tuned for more from St Davids Bluebirds TWEET TWEET!!!!!!

rouchiebanner1.jpg

Glad all over, Europe here we come!!!

So after finishing the season in 5th position the Palace chairman Simon Jordan made 7.5million available for transfers. Paul Rouch was keen to bring in some fresh blood but wanted to save the money for possible strengthening at the mid term point, so set about bring in the pick of the freebies icon_biggrin.gif

Transfers In

Gaetan Le Ray was signed from Marseille on a free transfer to help out in the goal keeping department. Borja was snapped up from Real Madrid to add some bite to the defence, again for free. Rustu Recber joined the club on a Bosman from Barcelona. Although the keeper is approaching his mid 30’s, the manager felt that a player of his vast experience could only benefit he squad. Nikola Zigic, the tallest man in European football, signed up for Crystal Palace and has also joined the growing list of quality players picked up for free icon_biggrin.gifGorka was another keeper signed for zero outlay, coming from Espanyol. He was quickly followed by Leonardo Daniel Ponzio, picked up from Zaragoza to bolster the defence, as was Barry Opdam signed from dutch outfit AZ at the ripe old age of 30 odd years icon_eek.gif

Transfers Out

] host of youth players were released along with Tommy Black who signed on a Bosman to lowly Doncaster. Gary Borrowdale, a player of much promise who signed for West Ham for £700.000 and finally keeper Julian Speroni who moved abroad for a mere £500, 000!

rouchiebanner1.jpg

Glad all over, Europe here we come!!!

With the new signings bedding in a nd the new season approaching the club had some home and away fixtures lined up to bring the team up to peak condition at the start of the season.

Pre Season Friendly Results

Hajduk (H) Sat 14th July 2007 – 2-0 Win

CSKA (Sofia) (H) Thursday 19th July 2007 – 2-0 Win

Luzern (A) Tuesday 24th July 2007 – 3-0 Win

Sion (A) Thursday 26th July 2007 – 6-0 Win

Thun (A) Sunday 29th July 2007 – 3-0 Win

Chievo (H) Thursday 2nd August 2007 – 4-1 Win

A successful preseason with only one goal conceded and plenty banged in by the new and improved Palace! The first game of the season is against mighty Chelski, can the Eagles repeat the performance that saw them beat the blues in their last game of the previous season? Stay tuned top find out!!

stevebanner.jpg

Le Pool!

The old season is gone and the new one has approached, the summer has brought many changes within the club and Le Pool fans will certainly be looking forward in seeing their manager Steve Gold take charge of his first full season, with some very positive results last year they will certainly look optimistic towards what he can do this season!

So, the major summer changes were also in the backroom staff as Gold decided that he had to bring in some people he could teach his methods to and also experienced people he could also learn a thing or two from.

So in comes Jozef Mlynarczyk to replace Bailey as assistant manager, Jozef comes into the club with a World Class reputation and will help me in the running of the first team and manage the reserves. Joining the coaching lineup is swede Ronnie Hellström and Arn Haan a former holland international of course. Both will assist in running the reserves and youth setup at Victoria Park.

We also captures three more loan signings as last year, injuries hit us hard at times so I wanted to make sure we are upto scratch in that department and have players with similar ability able to play. So in came attacking mid Stephen Ireland from Man City, Shane Paul from Aston Villa who plays on the right wing and a much needed left back in Youga from Charlton.

Adding to these signings were also FanFan the former Cardiff centre back who released on a free transfer, he was needed for his experience and as cover to our backline. Joining him was our fourth loanee who is Dawid Janczyk , a Polish striker who joins us from Blackburn.

Pre-season went very well with the lads not conceding a goal and managing to get a 0-0 draw with an Italian giant, Lazio!

During this season, we will also have a bit of a reduced capacity in the stadium as work is going on to increase it by 1600 seats which hopefully starts making some ground up on some of the stadiums we will be visiting throughout the season!

Cola.gifSunderland at Victoria Park

Oh dear! Not the start we were looking for! Sunderland took the lead in the first half but I'm afraid that wasn't the whole story, it was all one traffic, but we just couldn't score past the Sunderland keeper and were very suprised not to have won or got a draw! It can only get better surely!

Final Score : Le Pool 0 - 1 Sunderland

Attendance : 8395

Cola.gifBrighton at Victoria Park

Due to traffic and an accident on the motorway, manager Steve Gold was not able to attend this game, but new assistant manager Jozef did the club proud by getting a win over a fellow relegation battling side, a much needed 3 points. Despite being down to ten men with Konko getting sent off, it was Etherington who lead the way by scoring the only goal of the game.

Final Score : Le Pool 1 - 0 Brighton

MotM : Hughes

Attendance : 5717

Cola.gifFulham at Craven Cottage

Another game the assistant took charge of and so I cannot comment as he didn't win! icon_biggrin.gif

Final Score : Fulham 2 - 0 Le Pool

Attendance : 27655

Cola.gifLeeds at Elland Road

Well it was the Post Williams era for Leeds United! They had also just days before appointed Peter Withe as new manager to take charge and he would certainly be looking for a winning start. But unfortunately for him, I didnt want to be the one to gift him three points and neither did the team as new signing Kuqi blasted home to take victory!

Final Score : Leeds 0 - 1 Le Pool

MotM : Youga

Attendance : 22552

Cola.gifCoventry at Victoria Park

With a few changes of the Le Pool setup, this game showed some very good football as Le Pool invited their fans to some brilliant football and a rout aswell! Coventry were blasted by side quite easily with Etherington opening the scoring from a free kick, it was followed by a goal from last seasons Le Pool top scorer Mellor and rounded off by loanee Janczyk in his first game for Le Pool!

Final Score : Le Pool 3 - 0 Coventry

MotM : Nelson

Attendance : 8382

Cola.gifLuton at Kenilworth Road

Looks like the new changes have brought an instant impact as we once again run riot and thrash Luton in style infront of their own fans! It couldnt have been any better! Mellor has started to find his scoring boots as he scored not one, but two and looks odds on making it a hattrick in today's game but unfortunately, it wasn't to be! Adding himself on the scoresheet and his first Le Pool goal is Jason Koumas who scored a fantastic effort.

Final Score : Luton 0 - 3 Le Pool

MotM : Mellor

Attendance : 7669

carlingcup2004logo.jpgMacclesfield at Victoria Park

It's time for the Carling Cup and of course,time to let the reserves have a bit of a play. With the first team resting it was time see what our new coaches have done with the players who are not yet in the first team. Well what a performance, all down to one man, an Italian midfielder named Galasso! His superb set play finishing proved to be too hot to handle for Macclesfield as Galasso scored both goals with one coming from a corner and the other a free kick! With a performance like that, he can play himself into the first team!

Final Score : Le Pool 2 - 0 Macclesfield

MotM : Galasso

Attendance : 4541

So a very good spell coming up for Le Pool by the looks of it with some impressive results and hopefully we can keep these performances up and meet our requirement of beating relegation, which at the moment, is going well as we managed to climb to fourth in the league!

The team looked to have started to gel and a vast overhaul of the squad certainly needed to improve the clubs fortunes and compete in this league. Plenty of reserves went out which include some of last season's first team players, the likes of Butler, Proctor, Emerson have all gone to new clubs due as they were not going be in my plans for this season!

andybanner2.jpg

The Forest Frenzy - The build up for the new season begins!!!!!!

The build up for the new season has begun and Forest have found themselves a brand new newspaper for all the goings on at the City Ground. After a brilliant season it was time for Hepburn to get rid of all the dead wood and get the rebuilding process underway. Out with the oldies and in with the young hungry players ready to take this club into the Premiership. Hepburn was off on various scouting missions over the summer and did his best to bring in new players to spearhead Forest's challenge next season. Here is who he managed to bring in...........

Yannick Zambernardi DLC - Free Transfer From Cardiff - Brought in as back up at either left back or centre. Accomplished player who will do a job in the event of an injury.

Adam Drury DL, WBL - Free Transfer from Norwich - A much needed clasy, young left back who will be going straight into the first eleven and Hepburn sees him as playing a huge role in Forest's season.

Marlon Harewood ST - £60k From West Ham - After a successful stint at Forest last season, Hepburn was alerted to him being available for peanuts and snapped him up. Competition for places in the Forest front line will be really competitive with four players up for two spots.

James Harper - DM,AMC - £300k From West Ham - A player Hepburn has always admired and has finally got his man. Can play as a defensive midfielder or can play in an attacking role. Another player Hepburn hopes has a major impact in Forest's season.

Danny Szetela - WBR,DM,MRC - Season long loan from Norwich - A player with a lot of potential who can play in a number of positions and will add some quality to the team.

Rurik Gisason AMRC,FC - Season long loan from Charlton - Adds a bit of class on the right hand side of midfield with loads of pace and superb ability on the ball. Forest seem to have found a gem in this lad.

Hepburn was still on scouting missions so it was left to his assistant to take over for arranging friendlies and playing them. He only managed to arrange one friendly and here it is:

Port Vale v Nottingham Forest - (A) 14th July 2007

Final Score - Port Vale 1 v 3 Nottingham Forest

Hepburn was left fuming when he returned from his scouting missions to find his team out of shape and in need of games before the new season begins!!!!!!!!!!!

Should Mr Williams not have a mark II beside his name now like me? icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you dont on your banner either haha

sandybanner.jpg

Transfer News

Transfers In

Sergey Kisliy joined on loan from Chelsea

Marcelinho joined for 6.25 million from Sao Caetano

Ugur Yildirim joined for 5 million from Heerenveen

Transfers Out

Enzo Scorza joined Sheff Utd on loan for a season

Adam Drury joined Nottm Forest on a free transfer

Danny Szetela joined Nottm Forest on loan for a season

Manu Del Moral joined NEC for 3.7 million

Javier Portillo joined Salzburg for 5 million

Pres Season Results

Norwich 0 - 2 Chelsea

Norwich 2 - 1 Leece

Norwich 2 - 0 Germinal Beerschot

Norwich Results

norwich1_home.png Vstottenham_away.png

At long last Norwich are back in the premiership where they belong and have a tough challenge ahead of them to stay up . Tottanham is thier firt game and Norwich were underdogs for this one . The first half was very cagey with both sides letting oppertunitys fly by. In the second half Norwich came out flying and looked very fired up after Pettigrews team talk , the Brazilian flair showed in the second half as Alex scored in the 75th minute to make it 1-0 and then Cacau went through on goal to make it 2-0 in the 88th minute with Marcelinho finishing it off to make it 3-0 in injury time .

Score :Norwich 3 - 0 Tottenham

Man Of The Match : Nik Besagno

manchester_city_home.png Vsnorwich1_away.png

This game was not one for the neutrals as the only goal of the game came from Brazilian star Cacau in the 16 minute with the assist coming from fellow Brazilian Marcelinho . Craig Gordon had a fantastic perdormance stopping every shot from the Man City firepower.

Score : Man City 0 - 1 Norwich

Man Of The Match :Craig Gordon

norwich1_home.png Vspalace_away.png

Paul Rouch's Crystal Palace came to mett Norwich at Carrow road and after lat time they met Palace beat Norwich 6-1 in a shocking defeat for Pettigrew's men. 8 minutes into the game Marcelinho put Norwich 1-0 up and thats how the first half ended. Palace came out fired up and scored after 49 minutes with a nice goal from Diego. Norwich substitute Sergey Kisliy scored after 73 minutes to put Norwich ahead but Palace stole a draw in the 89th minute when Opdam scored to end the game .

Score : Norwich 2 - 2 Crystal Palace

Man Of The Match : Craig Gordon

wigan_home.png Vsnorwich1_away.png

Another exciting premeriship game for Norwich but WIgan took tghe lead after 23 minutes when Baloy passed the ball past Gordon but in the 43rd minute Marcelinho put the ball home to make it 1-1 and minutes later Cacau scored to put Norwich in the lead. In the second half not much happened apart from Wigans goal from Caceres in the 53rd minute to make it 2-2.

Score : Wigan 2 - 2 Norwich

Man Of The Match : Marcelinho

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by **Footy911**:

its ok, i have them. soz for disturbing icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please do not post crap like that in our thread again. If you were wanting to ask a question then do so on msn or email not our thread.

Reading Report

tony1banner.jpg

Session Dates: 30th May 2006

Preseason

Players In:

Pedro Vega AM LC Ejido Free

Bernt Haas D RLC Unattached Free

Players Out:

Glen Little AM R Ipswich £100K

Vincent Pericard ST Xanthi £625K

Tom Piotrowski ST Stoke Free

Loans In:

Friendly Results

Gravesend 2 vs 3 Reading Reading_away.png

Gravesend Scorers: Grant Smith (45) & Danny Glozier (90)

Reading Scorer: Dave Kitson (1, 15 & 36)

Attendance: 4,016

MOM: Dave Kitson (Reading)

Reading_home.png Reading 4 vs 2 Wolves Wolves_away.png

Reading Scorers: Dave Kitson (4 & 70), Steve Sidwell (17) & Emile Heskey (34)

Wolves Scorers: David Karanka (45) & Lee Naylor (72)

Attendance: 1,755

MOM: Dave Kitson (Reading)

mkdons_home.png MK Dons 0 vs 2 Reading Reading_away.png

Reading Scorers: Brynjar Gunnarsson (19) & Ole Gunnar Solskjaer (52)

Attendance: 8,423

MOM: Stephen Hunt (Reading)

Darlington 1 vs 3 Reading Reading_away.png

Darlington Scorer: Akpo Sodje (88)

Reading Scorers: Leroy Lita (11), Dave Kitson (64) & Emile Heskey (76)

Attendance: 6,922

MOM: Emile Heskey (Reading)

Season Begins

championship.gif

Reading_home.png Reading 1 vs 0 Preston preston_away.png

Reading Scorers: Leroy Lita (77)

Attendance: 23,070

MOM: Cesar Arzo (Reading)

Reading Injuries: Ibrahima Sonko (4)

Finally, at long last I have beaten the curse and got a win against Preston, the team that has tormented me for the past two seasons. Leroy Lita will get a bonus for scoring the only goal in the game in the 77th minute.

Reading_home.png Reading 0 vs 0 Q.P.R qpr_away.png

Attendance: 24,066

MOM: Danny Shittu (Q.P.R)

Reading Injuries: Steve Sidwell (47)

Not a very good match, both sides had chances but they couldn’t convert them. Only bad thing that happened was losing Sidwell to injury.

Nottforest_home.png Nottm Forest 2 vs 2 Reading Reading_away.png

Nottm Forest Scorers: Marlon Harewood (76) & Roland Kazubowski (77)

Reading Scorers: Leroy Lita (14) & Steve Sidwell (51)

Attendance: 30,479

MOM: Roland Kazubowski (Nottm Forest)

Reading Injuries: Dave Kitson (2)

Was a bit unlucky to not win this match having led for a the majority of the match 2-0 before my defense crumbled to Forest’s persistent attacks however getting a point off of Andy is very rare for me so I’ll settle for it.

brighton_home.png Brighton 0 vs 2 Reading Reading_away.png

Reading Scorers: Emile Heskey (12) & Ole Gunnar Solskjaer (46)

Attendance: 8,984

MOM: Emile Heskey (Reading)

Great win for me in this match with Emile Heskey and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer scoing the two goals to give Reading a good away victory against Championship new boys Brighton.

Carling.jpg

Stevenage 0 vs 3 Reading Reading_away.png

Reading Scorers: Emile Heskey (15), Brynjar Gunnarsson (19) & Stephen Hunt (Pen 37)

Attendance: 3,506

MOM: Steve Sidwell (reading)

Match was just a formality but I still think we should have made it more than a 3-0 win against the lower division club however I am pleased to be in the next round having watched one striker and two of my midfielders get the goals in the match.

championship.gif

Reading_home.png Reading 2 vs 1 Fulham fulham_away.png

Reading Scorers: Leroy Lita (16) & Ole Gunnar Solskjaer (54)

Fulham Scorer: Kevin Kyle (90)

Attendance: 24,107

MOM: Kevin Kyle (Fulham)

Great win against 1st place Fulham who are looking to return to the premiership however Reading have certainly stated their claim for promotion with this win and all the contenders hould take note of Reading’s attacking strength with the experience of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and the pace of young Striker Leroy Lita who has been judged as the next Michael Owen.

sunderland_home.png Sunderland 2 vs 2 Reading Reading_away.png

Sunderland Scorers: Stephen Elliott (7 & 84)

Reading Scorers: Ole Gunnar Solskjaer (pen 12) & Leroy Lita (80)

Attendance: 29,989

MOM: Stephen Elliott (Sunderland)

Unfortunate not to get the win as Reading dominated the match after Sunderland took an early lead before Solskjaer’s penalty equaliser however since we’re still unbeaten this season I am not going to cry over spilt milk and judging for this weeks performances I think this season will be the season I get promoted.

Championship Position at end of sessions: 6th

rouchiebanner1.jpg

At last the new season arrives and Palace are brimming with confidence after a successful preseason which they emerged from with a 100% victorious record and only conceded 1 goal. The new signings appear to have bedded in but they face one of the most difficult opening day fixtures against the moneyed millionaires of West London, Sibneft FC.

chelsea_home.pngChelsea Vs Crystal Palacepalace_third.png

12th August 2007

A very close encounter against the European Champions with only a goal from the diminutive Sean Wright-Phillips separating the two sides at the end of the day and giving Palace a harsh introduction to the new season icon_frown.gif

Chelsea1 Palace 0

Chelsea Scorers : Wright Phillipps (50)

Att : 42479

MOM : Sean Wright-Phillipps (Chelsea)

palace_home.pngCrystal Palace Vs Newcastlenewcastle_home.png

18th August 2007

The first game of the season saw the stadium packed to the rafters in the reduced capacity Selhurst Park, with work scheduled to finish in October to take the capacity over the 30000 mark. Andy Johnson was quick off the mark to give the Eagles an early lead in the 6th minute but it was an heroic battle from that point forward as Newcastle looked to get back on level terms but were thwarted at every turn by the acrobatic display of Gabor Kiraly, who is playing for his place as new signing Recber Rustu approaches full fitness! His man of the match performance will have created a pleasant dilemma for the manager as well as earning a good home win for the Eagles icon14.gif

Palace 1 Newcastle 0

Palace Scorers : Johnson (6)

Att : 24110

MOM : Gabor Kiraly - 8 (Crystal Palace)

norwich_home.pngNorwich Vs Crystal Palacepalace_third.png

22nd August 2007

A trip to the flatlands of Suffolk and a match against fellow EFB manager Sandy Pettigrew who had been strengthening the team with some fantastic buys since promotion to the premiership as runaway leaders of the Championship last season. The Canaries opened the scoring with a Marcelinho goal before 10 minutes had elapsed, a lead that the home side clung onto into the break! In the second half Palace equalised when Diego slotted home. Loan signing, back at Carrow road for a second spell, Kisily gave the Canaries the lead again with just over a quarter of an hour to go, and the Norwich fans started to believe it was going to be their day icon_eek.gif but defensive signing, Barry Opdam popped up to score his first goal for the club in the 89th minute to claim a share of the points for Palace. Despite the scoreline, the nomination of the Norwich Keeper as man of the match tellis its own story icon_wink.gificon_cool.gif

Norwich 2 Palace 2

Palace Scorers : Diego (50) Opdam (89)

Norwich Scorers : Marcelinho (9) Kisily (74)

Att : 23160

MOM : Craig Gordon (Norwich)

palace_home.pngCrystal Palace Vs Middlesbroughmiddlesbrough_away.png

18th August 2007

A much improved performance for the Eagles in this game as they dominated form start to finish, although the goals didn’t start to arrive until the second half when first Ruben Oliveraand then Andy Johnson scoring the goals that gave the well deserved result to the home side icon14.gif

Palace 2 Boro 0

Palace Scorers : Olivera (54) Johnson (83)

Att : 24098

MOM : Antonin Kinsky (Boro)

Monthly Awards

The only nomination this month was for the young player of the month award which Freddy Guarin came runner up in.

Top Scorer

Andy Johnson (2)

Top Rated Player

Gabor Kiraly (7.67)

Position

7th

andybanner2.jpg

The Forest Frenzy - Shocking start for Forest!!!!!

The season has begun and Hepburn's men have started in the worst possible fashion, only winning one of their first five matches and find themselves in 19th position in the league. Hepburn came back to find his players unfit and out of shape and reportedly 'lost the plot' with his assistant manager as a result. Hepburn is not happy with his men at the moment and he has made it clear in no uncertain terms he wants an improvement. They have been in doing extra sessions and playing the reserves and U'18's in a bid to get his side match fit. They are so far not living up the billing of promotion favourites although Hepburn is baffled his team are favourites with the likes of West Ham, Sunderland and Fulham who are much stronger than Forest. Here is the latest from the City Ground..................

Championship

Stoke v Nottingham Forest - (A) Sun 5th August 2007

A tough opener for Forest as they travelled to Stoke who they lost to lost year in the same corresponding fixture last year. They got a to a great start with Eugene Bopp scoring after only two minutes. They went on to dominate the early stages and new signing Marlon Harewood made it two in seventeen minutes. They were absolutely flying and Hepburn was delighted. After the second goal went in the stopped playing and the comedy show began. The defence gifted Stoke a way back into the game with a goal on the half hour and then Forest were on the back foot. Stoke were the ones bossing this game and Forest began to look tired. Stoke got a deserved equaliser in the second half and Forest could have no complaints if Stoke had went on and won the game. In the end Forest scraped a point and Hepburn was fuming.

Final Score - Stoke 2 v 2 Nottingham Forest

Goals - Stoke - Bangoura (29), Cochrane (58)

Goals - Forest - Bopp (2), Harewood (17)

Att - 25920

MOTM - Paul McVeigh (Nottingham Forest)

Championship

Ipswich v Nottingham Forest - (A) Tues 7th August 2007

A game Forest never got into and looked completely out of sorts. Two games in three days proved too much for Forest as all their players were already struggling for fitness and it showed. Their seemed no energy and it was all too easy for Ipswich. Two goals in the first half proved to be enough for Ipswich but it could have been a lot more for the Tractor boys.

Final Score - Ipswich 2 v 0 Nottingham Forest

Goals - Ipswich - Hughes (5), Bilham (39)

Att - 26933

MOTM - Richard Naylor (Ipswich)

Championship

Nottingham Forest v Reading - (H) Sat 11th August 2007

It had been a terrible start to the season for Forest and next up was Tony Hall's promotion hopefuls Reading. Again Forest started badly and Reading were on top and went ahead through Lita. Forest came back strongly and but for Reading goalkeeper Peter Enckelmann would have been level or even better. Reading dealt Forest a sucker punch blow when Sidwell put them two ahead and most inside the ground thought it was another defeat for Forest. Forest came right back at Reading and finally got back into the game when Marlon Harewood pulled a goal back. Then within a minute Forest were level through Kazubowski. Reading were shell shocked but they hung onto a point to maintain their good start to the season. For Forest their season has still not started and Hepburn must do something and fast to get them going.

Final Score - Nottingham Forest 2 v 2 Reading

Goals - Forest - Harewood (76), Kazubowski (77)

Goals - Reading - Lita (14), Sidwell (51)

Att - 30479

MOTM - Roland Kazubowski (Nottingham Forest)

Championship

Nottingham Forest v West Ham - (H) Sat 18th August 2007

Hepburn must have left the City Ground after this game wondering what his team has to do to hold onto a lead this season. This game was almost a repeat of the game at Stoke although this time they paid the ultimate price. Forest started the an express train and new signing James Harper, ex West Ham had Forest 2-0 up inside ten minutes. He could not have wished for a better start but sadly for him he did not end the game on the winning side. The Forest defence gifted the Hammers two goals and then Konchesky stepped up to slam home a penalty in injury time. James Harper walked away witht he man of the match award for a superb debut performance but was left gutted his new club did not go on to win the game.

Final Score - Nottingham Forest 2 v 3 West Ham

Goals - Forest - Harper (4,6)

Goals - West Ham - Golan (17), Cheyrou (62), Konchesky (pen,90)

Att - 30571

MOTM - James Harper (Nottingham Forest)

Carling Cup 1st Round

Oldham v Nottingham Forest - (A) Wed 22nd August 2007

A welcome distraction for Forest as they travelled to Oldham in the first round of the Carling Cup. Forest came here looking to regain some of their confidence and put in a good performance for everyone connected with the club. They got off to the best possible start when loan signing Danny Szetela scored his first goal for the club. They went on to dominate the rest of the game as their confidence grew and the game should have been over in the first half. Chance after chance went abegging and Hepburn thought it was going to be one of those games. Oldham got themselves level completely against the run of play to worsen Hepburn's mood. The Hepburn half time team talk must have done the trick as Forest came out in the second half and were far more clinical. Purse scored from the penalty spot to put Forest 2-1 ahead and then Marlon Harewood made it three to seal the tie. The overall performance was much better from Forest and Hepburn was hoping his side could build on this.

Final Score - Oldham 1 v 3 Nottingham Forest

Goals - Oldham - Hoyles (33)

Goals - Forest - Szetela (9), Purse (pen,47), Harewood (69)

Att - 7043

MOTM - Danny Szetela (Nottingham Forest)

Championship

Millwall v Nottingham Forest - (A) Sat 25th August 2007

They followed up their good win at Oldham by putting in another fantastic performance against Millwall. It was also their first league win of the season and Hepburn was delighted with the way his team played. It was that man James Harper who was the star of the show as he bagged a double and was magnificent throughout for Forest. Millwall were never in the game and Forest should have added to their scoreline but Hepburn was happy just to get a win in the league under his belt.

Final Score - Millwall 0 v 2 Nottingham Forest

Goals - Forest - Harper (36,65)

Att - 11848

MOTM - James Harper (Nottingham Forest)

Championship

Nottingham Forest v Leicester - (H) Mon 27th August 2007

Forest came into this game full of confidence off the back of two wins but ended the game with their confidence in tatters as Leicester played them off the pitch. How it only ended 1-0 is anyone's guess as Leicester tore Forest apart from the first whistle to the last minute. Forest never got into the game and really did not even create one clear cut chance in the entire game, which is unusual for them. Poor performance and it was back to the drawing board for Hepburn as he tries to get Forest moving in the right direction.

Final Score - Nottingham Forest 0 v 1 Leicester

Goals - Leicester - Fryatt (44)

Att - 30573

MOTM - Richard Stearman (Leicester)

So it has been a rather unconvincing start to the season for Forest, with only one win in their first five games. Lets hope they pick up their form quickly or Forest may be in for a long season ahead.

Guys I might not be able to attend tonight as my Girlfriend is heading to America for 3 months to participate in Camp America and I want to spend some time with her tonight before she leaves. I might be able to come on late during the session.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedStar101:

Guys I might not be able to attend tonight as my Girlfriend is heading to America for 3 months to participate in Camp America and I want to spend some time with her tonight before she leaves. I might be able to come on late during the session. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok mate, enjoy your night. icon14.gif

Archived