[FM10] Acidmonkeys Red and white Army! (formallythe story of Crook Town F.C.)

acidmonkey

thanks Nobby, i really am suprised that not only i managed to get up the top of the table but that we held it for so long, most of my teams contracts have expired so ill be dumping the crud and replacing alot of the team, to help me survive that is honestly what im expecting to do!

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Crook Town FC - Pre Season - 2011/12

Well i knew i had to organize some games to rake in money but also give my team some good games to give us a chance to survive in the Unibon division 1 north this seas, fair few players left and some joined, the players out:

Alex Benjamin

Dennis Livermore

Brian Bainbridge

Matthew Allen

Nick Buller

Danny Osman

Justin Perry

Darragh Dunne

Liam Gould

Liam Braham

Steve Williams

Craig Gibbons

Darren Kirby

Danny Walker

Gavin Taylor

Darren Hollingsworth

As you can see there were lots of players left on a free, they were all either youth or reserve players the players form the first team that have been shipped out were way down the pecking order and i decided a closer knitt squad would serve me better this year these are the players signed:

David Dernandez - He is going to tear up this league with stats like that he can als be used to tutor some of the younger lads, (signed on a free from Southport)

Tyler Weir - will get some games at DMC but for the most part will be a back up player (signed on a free from Barrow)

Laurent Hamici - Decent Crossing ability for this level and will push my right wingers hard for a starting spot - (Signed on a free from Met. Police)

Tom Kindley - Brought in as back up to Spencer but after his three games in pre-season considering putting him down as my number one and seeing how that goes.

Rob Gier - 30 Year old full back i signed as a replacement for Michael Kay who went back to Sunderland and i couldnt afford another loan or to sign him him, (Signed on a Free from Ascot)

Shaun Doxey - Im a bit disappointed to be honest with this one, as my scouts told me to buy him when on trial but im still not 100% convinced of his ability but i was desperate for cover at MC.

Pre-Season Results:

Citizen 0-2 Crook Town

A trip to Hong Kong to play against Citizen was first up and we got a great result for this game and im plased with the result and of the performance of my players

Shamrock 3-1 Crook Town

Despite the heavy defeat we did actually play quite well and we deserved a more respectable scoreline in my opinion

Audace Cerignola 0-1 Crook Town

Another decent performance from the team and we did get our rewards however we could have had more

St Pat's 2-0 Crook Town

Another big Irish side played and we again were beaten but we were completely outplayed which is disappointing and hopefully we can pick up in the next match

Park SV 0-0 Crook Town

a bit better but we didnt get the goals we deserved but it does bode well for the upcoming season.

August

League Crook Town 1-1 Skelmersdale

Well first game in a higher division managed to get a point at the death when we were struck by an early goal, we levelled in the 83rd minute to get our first point of the season on the board

League Durham city 2-2 Crook Town

In a game we were expected to lose comfortable we fell 2 goals behind quite quickly after a swift roasting at half time sparked life into the side and we came out storming grabbed 2 goals could quite easily had 3

FA Cup 2nd Qual rnd Crook Town 4-0 Hamworthy

i didn’t expect to win so comfortably against a side only one division behind us but we struck early before notching 3 goals in the second half and sending us through

League Crook Town 5-0 Ossett Town

Well first win in the league and boy did we do it in style! Racing to a 3 goal lead before the break, before we added another two in the second half to completely spank Ossett Town

September Update

League Clitheroe 1-1 Crook Town

Not to happy with the draw to be honest as we threw it away we as we were hit with a sucker punch in the 83rd minute by Clithroe, despite taking an early lead and holding it comfortably before they struck

FA Cup 3rd qual Rnd Finchampstead 1-0 Crook Town

One nil defeat not exactly chuffed the cups seem to just be unattainable for us which is a bit depressing, but oh well theres about 3 other cups we are in and the FA Cup is hardly the most winnable.

League Chorley 1–2 Crook Town

A second league victory and we took the lead after 25 minutes, Chorley did push forward in the second half but we grabbed a second from a corner in the hour Chorley pulled one back in the final 5 minutes but it wasn’t enough

League Runcorn Linnets 1–1 Crook Town

We took the lead within 20 minutes and we continued pushing forward for a second, but we couldn’t do it before the break, But it was Runcorn who looked more livelier in the second half and they levelled after 70 minutes, after that no side could break each other down.

Durham County cup Newton Ayliffe 2 –2 Crook Town (Crook win 14-13 on pens)

We didn’t do too bad, in the first half it was fairly even and we took the lead into stoppage time of the first half, Newton levelled in the 79th minute as we continued our run of draws, so it was into extra time and the dullest extra time in the world with no chances from each side and then came spot kicks and we managed to triumph in the longes shootout in the world

League Crook Town2 –1 Spennymoor Town

Not a very good game for us, were outplayed and 2 down before the break, we did pull one back in the 73rd minute but it was too little too late as Spennymoor pushed forward again

October Update

FA Trophy East Thurrock 2–2 Crook town

Despite playing a side further up the pyramid than ourselves me took the lead after only 3 minutes, but we were pegged back in the 23rd minute when Thurrock started playing much better than us, and they took the lead after 50 minutes and continued to out play us but with 6 minutes on the clock we pulled it back level and force a replay

Northern League Challenge Cup Runcorn Linnets 3–0 Crook Town

My Dire performance in the cups continue, as we weren’t down to a hard working Runcorn side, were were hit twice in the first half and once towards the end with no reply to add to a disappointing defeat

FA Trophy Replay Crook Town 2–3 East Thurrock

More cup action in this three part cup special, and we started brightly when we took the lead after 18 minutes, Thurrock took only 10 minutes before they leveled in the 29th minute before we were undone again in the 40th, and again out cup form seems to be unchanged going into the break, But when we came back out we again started the better side levelling in the 47th minute, and we had chances to take the lead, but it wasn’t to be when Thorrock knocked us out in the 88th minute.

Northern League Presidents cup Crook Town 2–1 Belper

Another cup game and another early lead as we raced up front and made it 1-0 within 7 minutes, Belper levelled 7 minutes later to continue our inability to hold a lead however we did regain it though in the 44th minute to take it into the break. It was a pretty even start to the second half but Belper switch up a gear it seemed and started putting us under pressure and we were reduced to 10 though when Challinor was given a second yellow. But despite the pressure we came away with the win and progressed into the next round.

League Mossley 2–3 Crook Town

Back to the bread and butter, and we started well going ahead in the 23rd minute, before doubling the lead in the 25th, and heres me thinking we would get our second league win of the season, but Mossley pulled one back when Rayner put into his own net, A long range strike gave us our two goal cussion only for mossley to peg it back to one again in the 57th minute, We continued to press and get a 3rd but there were no more goals as i went with the plan of shutting the game down,

Durham Challenge Cup Tow Law 1–0 Crook Town

Cup are blatantly not my strong point, but we got a 1-0 lead after 18 minutes when we scored from an own goal which we took into the break, and some probing from both sides no one could get another goal and we made it through to the next round

League Crook Town 2–1 Harrogate Railway

We started the better of the two sides and we looked likely to score from the off getting a spot kick after 30 minutes but Harrogate pulled it back just before the break, just after the break we took the lead again which we held to the end claiming three more points

Durham Challenge Cup 2nd rnd Dunston UTS 0–1 Crook Town

As expected we were the better team for the first half, and it was again the same in the second half, but it wasn’t until the 77th minute that the deadlock was broken, when were were awarded a spot kick which Rayner duly despatched, and Dunston didn’t stand a chance in getting back into it.

League Crook Town 4-1 AFC Fylde

with a new signing in the side we began brightly (all hail the lack of a transfer window this far down!) and we took a deserved lead after 17 minutes, before being pegged back 3 minutes later, only to get our lead back on the half hour mark which was the lead we took into the break, we came rattling out of the blocks when we made it 3-1 in the 47th minute followed up by an excellent passing move on the hour to make it 4-1, we had a fifth disallowed 4 minutes later as we ran amuck in the Fylde back line and gut us the 3 points.

League Crook Town 1–0 Scarborough Athletic

Scarborough were first out the blocks putting a lot of pressure on us but they couldn’t find a breakthrough and we raced up on the counter and took the lead which saw us go in at the break 1-0 up. In the second half we somehow managed to stave off wave after wave of attack and we sent Scarborough south without a share of the spoils.

League Ossett 2–2 Crook Town

well it was Ossett who started the better of the sides and they duely took the lead after 40 minutes, but it was use who came out in the second half fired up as we levelled after 49 minutes, before taking the lead in the 66th minute, but it just wasn’t to be when Ossett levelled with 6 mins remaining to claim a point.

League Brigg 1–2 Crook Town

Brigg started the much better side in a game we were expected to lose, and we first went behind in the 39th minute which was deserved, what surprised me was the face we equalized in the 44th minute from a corner. We came out the blocks in the second half and put Brigg under some pressure but it didn’t pay off as we spurned chance after chance But in the 74th minute that all changed when Matranga darted inside and shot low into the net, I knew a lead was vital so cranked up time wasting etc. In order to shut the game out and claim the 3 points

League Lancaster City 2–2 Crook Town

Again it was us who had the brighter first half, (like we always seem to) and we took the lead after 32 minutes only for Lancaster to twice come from behind first after 53 minutes, i did think i had won it when we score with 7 minutes remaining, but Lancaster scored and offside goal in second half stoppage time

League Crook Town 3–2 Wakefield

We started on the back foot as wakefield pushed from the off and took the lead after only 4 minutes, We did peg them back however in the 13th minute from a header before we took the lead on 26 minutes, but in the 78th minute Wakefield pulled it square and i thought we had thrown away another win, only from the restart we race up and made it 3-2 which we held onto for the remaining 10 minutes.

League Crook Town 3–0 Bedlington

well we raced out of the blocks again this time taking the lead only 5 minutes in before doubling our lead on the half hour mark before slotting home number 3 only 10 minutes later.

hes walked into the team become number one and is performing very well to the point im suprised how far up the league i am

im like two games from end of December so expect the mid-season update sometime tonight

December Update

League Kendal 2–2 Crook Town

Well it was Kendel who started the better team this time round and they took the lead in the 14th minute, we levelled on the half hour mark but Kendel took the lead on the hour and looked good value for it, we managed to claim a point when challinor headed home from a corner to give us something.

League Skelmersdale 0–1 Crook Town

An own goal by Skelmersdale after 27 minutes turned out to be the winner, and give us a vital 3 points as we move closer to the 40 point target i set myself at the beginning of the season

League Ossett Town 0–1 Crook Town

a second consecutive 1-0 win on the road as Doexey Scored what turned out to be the match winning strike after 23 minutes.

Northern Lge Presidents Cup 3rd Rnd Brigg 3–3 Crook Town (Crook win 1-4 on pens)

Brigg were again favourites for this one and they showed it as they raced 2-0 up within 10 minutes, we did pull one back from the spot on 25 minutes however and it was game on as we pushed and pushed we got our reward on 55th minute when we levelled which forced extra time but Brigg took the lead again only five minutes in from a shot that cannoned off the bar, we levelled AGAIN in the 105th minute. We had a goal disallowed in the 118th minute which i thought was legit as we pushed forward but we were left with the dreaded spot kicks.

League Crook Town 3–0 Clitheroe

an even game in the top of the table clash and a looping ball forward resulted in confusion in the Clithroe box and we pounced for 1-0. A good attacking move resulted in a shot from distance for 2-0, before a header from a set piece resulted in 3.

League Crook Town 2–1 Frickley

good start by us when we took the lead after 22minutes and we continued to push forward. In the 50th minute we doubled our lead Frickley pulled on back with 8 minutes to go

League Radcliffe Boro P–P Crook Town

(Postponed due to waterlogged pitch)

League Crook Town 3–0 Durham City

some rough tackling from the outset saw Durham reduced to 10men after 15minutes, and we took the lead after 38 minutes. We got the second after 63minutes and the third came after 75minutes to gaurentee the 3 points

Six month Review

well i have to be honest and say the league form has gone ALOT better than i could ever have imaginged, Kindley has been immense for me so far as has barrett and Doxey and i can safely say my new target for the remainder of the season is that of the play-offs, i dont think ill win the league as Spennymoor just seem way to strong for us and the rest of the league but im thinking second and the playoffs

englishnorthernpremierl.th.png

January Update

League AFC Fylde 0–3 Crook Town

The game started relatively even but it was us who broken the deadline in the 26th minute. Weir scored from distance in the 46th minute to double our lead before we made it three on the hour, Fylde did push forward after that but we managed to repel them comfortably with some quality defending and some luck as they hit the woodwork twice but another solid win.

League Crook Town 2–0 Rossendale

another even game to begin with till the 35th minute when we managed to edge ourselves in front. The lead was double after a route one attempt which their keeper failed to deal with.

League Crook Town 1–2 Chorley

it was an even game but it was Chorley who took the lead in the 40th minute, we did try and get an equalizer before the break as we pushed forward and it came only 3 minutes later, we did have the ball in the net again only for it to be ruled out for offside in first half stoppage time. And it was the end of our run when Chorley scored in the 78th minute to claim the 3 points

Durham Challenge Cup Qtr Final Spennymoor 0–1 Crook Town

the game was one sided from the outset in favour of Spennymoor, but somehow we managed to nick a lead and hang onto it and we made the semis of the Durham challenge cup J

League Goole 2–0 Crook Town

Goole came out the blocks the better and took the lead in ther 34th minute as we seemed unable to cope with their attacking line. And it was the same in the second half as they came at us again and we seemed unable to get a foothold in the game, as Goole then scored from distance to confirm the three points and thats 2 league defeats on the bounce which we need to sort out.

League Crook Town 2–1 Runcorn Linnets

we were lucky not to concede early on in this game when we gave the ball away on the edge of the box and Runcorn went and hit the bar, And it was us who managed to take the lead when we scored in the 17th minute and we pushed on from that getting a second on the half hour mark. After the break Runcorn started to get back into this game and they pulled one back with 10 minutes remaining but despite some huffing and puffing and alot of late pressure we took the 3 points

Febuary Update

League Frickley 1–2 Crook Town

Well it took only 2:51 before the deadlock was broken as we scored from a cross to get the game off to a flyer and we doubled the lead 20minutes later to give Frickley a mountain to climb but with plenty of time on the clock for them and Frickley got back into the game on the hour after a scramble in my box but that was all they were going to get and we took home the 3 points

League Radcliffe Boro 1–2 Crook Town

well we started the better in this game and took the lead after 20 minutes, only to be pegged back 6 minutes later. But the pendulum swung back in my favour in the 35th minute when we again took the lead.

League Crook Town 1–0 Lancaster city

Lancaster started the better of the two teams in this match but we started to edge more and more into it and it was from a superb right wing cross that we took the lead in the 35th minute Lancaster pushed for a equaliser and we had our hearts in our mouths a few times in second half stoppage time especially when Lancaster had a free header in the 92nd minute but he put it over the bar and we came away with the three points.

NL Presidents Cup Qtr final Crook Town 3–2 Runcorn L

well back to cup action and the mad run of cup games earlier in the season its strange im back playing cup games after so long, and we raced out the blocks taking the lead in the first 2 minutes as Rayner smashed the ball home and we made it 2-0 after 20mins when we headed home from a corner and we kept piling forward and being unlucky not to make it 3 on a few occasions Runcorn came out a better team in the second half as they looked to get back into this game and they came close on a few occasions till we went 3-0 up in the 72nd minute they pulled one back in the 84th minute when the scored from distance then the comeback seemed on when they were awarded a spot kick and duly scored from it with the advantage they pushed forward but were unable to make anything of it and we progressed to the Semi finals.

League Bedlington 1–1 Crook town

neither side seemed capable of taking the lead in the open exchanges of this game, but the deadlock was eventually broken and this time it was by Bedlington, second half was all Bedlington we started getting more of a foothold in the game in the 70th minute and levelled the game with 12 minutes remaining, but there was very little action after that and the game ended in a draw

League Crook Town 2–1 Goole

An even start ebbed further towards Goole than us and this confirmed us when they went ahead 12 minutes in however we did level on the half hour as we got a firmer grip on the game we started the better in the second half and Goole’s job was made harder when they were reduced to 10 on the 50th minute, but we struggled to break them down we did get the odd chance but Google parked the bus we did manage to break it through though in the 84th minute a far post header got our noses in front

March Update

League Crook Town 2–1 Mossley

An even first half resulted in us taking the lead late in the first half, Mossley managed to level after 55 minutes though only for us to go straight up the other end and score our second. Which gave us the three points as we get down to the business end of the season.

NL Presidents Cup Semi Lancaster City 1–2 Crook Town

well my first of two opportunities to make a cup final tonight and we made a flying start to the game taking the lead only 1 minute 50 seconds in. Lancaster then piled on the pressure in search of an equalizer and they got that leveller after 44 minutes. Second half was all crook from the off and we took the lead again in the 55th minute scoring from a through ball, and we won through to the NL Presidents final

League Harrogate Railway 2–1 Crook Town

Well we were the better team from the outset with us constantly probing for the opener and after 21minutes the deadlock was broken, But it was us who broke it with Harrogate taking the lead before doubling it on the half hour, Again in the second half we came out looking strong and we eventual got a goal in the 56th minute, and we probed for a leveller but it just never looked like coming.

League Crook Town 1–1 Radcliffe Boro

An even game start to finish not quite the reaction i was looking for after the defeat and defiantly not the win i was looking for to carry me into the semi final next week

Durham Challenge Cup Semi Crook Town 2–1 Durham City

well oyur chance for a second cup final and we took the lead after 37 minutes and we doubled the lead on the hour and look like to have confirmed a second cup final it did get nervous when durham pulled one back but here we come final!

League Spennymoor Town P–P Crook Town

(Postponed due to waterlog pitch)

League Rossendale 1–2 Crook Town

Well going into this match i knew a win would guarantee me a play-off place which I’m delighted with, however we didn’t start off too well going behind in the 20th minute, but we pushed forward however we wasted chance after chance we huffed and puffed alot and it took till the 73rd minute before we levelled the game, we then rattled forward and took the lead which we held and claimed 3 points and a play-off spot

Durham Challenge Cup Final Darlington Res 3–0 Crook Town

The press had me down as favourites but i didn’t feel confident, and i was right to feel like that as wave after wave f darlington attack hit us and we fell behind in the 35th minute. We did manage to work the ball into darlos box a few times but Darlington broke and we went 2 down with not enough time to get back into the game, before Darlo got a 3rd deep in second half stoppage time

April Update

League Crook Town 3–2 Ossett Albion

Well the run in begins and theres little left for me to do except wait for the cup final, playoff place assured and no promotion to play for yet the last month of the season could turn into a damp squid, But it was goals galore from the outset when it took only 4 minutes for us to break the deadlock and a further 10 for Ossett to level and us to re-take the lead, both teams had chances in the rest of the first half with Ossett even hitting the post but we pushed home our advantage when we added a third just before the break. The second half was a drab affair but it burst into life 9 minutes from time when Ossett Pulled one back game on but both sides pushed each other for another goal and both sides came close, but it Crook who took the 3 points.

League Scarborough Ath. 1–0 Crook Town

A dour first half saw both teams have chances but neither side taking them. The second half started more in Scarborough’s favour than ours and it was Scarboro who took the lead after 70 minutes which a well worked goal. We had no reply to the goal in a game played in the rain on a terrible pitch.

League Spennymoor 1–0 Crook Town

in a game we expected to lose HEAVILY in we got a odds rating of 11.00 for the game we didn’t start too badly getting a couple of chances in the first 6 minutes but Spennymoor took the lead on the half our mark from a defence splitting pass. Again we had a couple more chances in the second half but we couldn’t equalize and we lost i would say unluckily as we gave as good as we got.

League Brigg 1–1 Crook Town

another game where we expected to lose, and continue the run without a win, and a dour first half was followed by a second half the saw us come out totally outplayed and fell behind, we did level in the 65th minute but a combination of poor passing and poor finishing resulted in both sides failing to nick a winner.

NL Presidents Cup Spennymoor 1–0 Crook Town

well again we came out putting pressure on Spennymoor and again we fell behind in the first half there’s a horrible sense of Déjà vu coming. And again we couldn’t equalize i feel we can match them defensively its up top we seem to lack, another runners-up medal is hard but we move on and crack on with the aim of promotion.

League Wakefield 2–2 Crook Town

Interesting game in the first 15 minutes we had fallen behind and equalized, before taking the lead in the 20th minute only for the game to go in all square at the break. And a dour first half resulted in a 2 all draw.

League Crook Town 3–0 Kendal

Last League game of the season and against a team i could face in the playoffs. And I’d like to get a win as we haven’t won in a few games and its not good to take that form into the play-offs a fairly even first half that was highlighted by our inability to score less than 1 minute into the first half we took the lead from the spot. We then made it 2 in the 70th minute as we figured out how to put the ball in the net when we went 3-0 up with 5 minutes remaining to give us the 3 points and a boost going into the Play-offs

englishnorthernpremierl.th.png

English Northern Premier League First Division North Play-off Semi-Final

Crook Town 2–0 Durham City

Well the first half started superbly when it took us only 2 minutes to take the lead, bearing in mind we haven’t lost to Durham this season despite being underdogs three times I’m feeling confident, and we continued to push forward for a second knowing that there’s no second leg and its winner takes all game but the scored stayed like this till the break.

The second half kicked off and again it was all Crook as we were piling on the pressure in the hope of a second. And in the 69th minute we were given that chance when Robinson was fouled in the box, we duly despatched the penalty and we held firm for a trip to Bootham Cresent to play Goole in the Final!

English Northern Premier League First Division North Play-off Final

Goole 1–3 Crook Town

We were dealt a blow when my two main wingers Buzzeo and Matranga I’m planning an unchanged side except for those two players (obviously)

Well the game started with Goole on that attack but a superb counter had Us leading, but Goole hit back and piled on the pressure but another counter in the 43rd minute doubled our lead and put us in the driving seat for promotion as we went into the break 2 up.

Second half and as expected Goole pushed for a way back into the match, but we contine to cause a serious threat on the counter attack. In the 67th minute Goole got one back into this game and continued to push forward, but another counter and a third goal by Prenergast got us the win and promotion!

Crook Town FC - Northern Premier League Div 1 North - 2011/12

League Table

League Positions Graph

Well we were predicted a quite respectable 15th which I originally thought was a good way to go, only to pick up some outstanding form and get lucky with players and injuries, but I’m still very surprised I was near the run in never mind the fact i managed to win the play-offs’ we did have a massive wobble towards the end and ithought we were going to take poor form into the play-offs but the last league game helped a great deal to give us the self belive to do well and win promotion,

FA Cup – Well we finally have a win in the FA cup so i suppose its a start we did get knocked out in the following round though

FA Trophy – we managed to take East Thurrock to a replay in the 1st Qual round but we could ultimately make it past them.

NL Presidents Cup – An excellent cup run and we made it to the Final but we essentially lost to the team who are buying their way through trophies

Durham Challenge cup – Another Great cup run and another runners up medal :( this time we done all the good work only to lose to League Two side Darlington’s Reserve side. :(

Transfers – A lot of transfers in but i just went round sweeping up the free agents, only paid for two players my number one keeper Tom Kindley and one of my main midfielders Doxey

Squad – This time i used my squad to the fullest and it somehow paid off with a playoff win and two cup finals.

Main Starting 11:

teamt.png

Next Season

im just going to go with last season is it possible for me to stay up? Have i gone up to fast?

its annoyng but im hoping to do well next season and im expecting spennymoor to be near the top of ther unibond premier next season, alot of my sucess will depend on how well i do in the transfer market next season.

Nice work on another promotion, Spennymore were unstoppable and its hard to get near a team in that sort of form.

How are Trevor Benjamins stats? I know he must be getting old but he will still be a handfull at that level i'm sure.

August Update

League Leigh Genesis 1–1 Crook Town

Firs game in the Unibond, a relatively even first half and if we had a bit more cutting edge we would have been ahead but it was Leigh who took the lead just before the break. In the second we came out a lot better and grabbed a leveller on the hour, i still could do with a few better strikers and getting rid of the fringe forwards who got us here.

League Crook Town 1–0 Lincoln Utd

the game started well when Benjamin nabbed his first goal of the season when we took the lead in the 4th minute. Lincoln then went on to put us under ALOT of pressure but we managed to hang on and claim 3 points.

League Ashton Utd 1–0 Crook Town

a poor first half saw us fall behind early on and we tried but Ashton were just too strong for us and we couldn’t find our way back into the game

September Update

League Crook Town 0-0 Burscough

a disappointing game not a lot can be said as not a lot happened, most of the chances from either side were from distance and was easily dealt with by the keepers.

League Guiseley 0-2 Crook Town

A good result here when we played really well got some decent chances here and we took the lead just before the break, we then took the lead in the second half from the spot. To give us the three points.

FA Cup Romford 2–5 Crook Town

We were pretty poor tonight to be honest, falling 2 down so early on the game was over before we had even begun, the second half rolled round and we came out fighting getting one back 4 minutes after the restart, and in the 67th minute we managed to pull it back square now with 19 minutes to go who was going to win this, well we managed to turn the game on the head 2 minutes later when we made it 3-2 before adding a fourth with 10mins remaining as we showed our fighting sprit and it was 5 only minutes later, But it was Benjamin’s hat-trick that gave us the win,

League FC United 2-0 Crook Town

United took the lead after only 18 minutes as they hit us on the break, before falling further behind when united doubled their lead after 80 minutes to end the game for us.

Durham Challenge Cup Annfield Plain 0–3 Crook Town

well as expected we managed to take the lead after 21 minutes as we were piling the pressure on Annfield before we doubled it on the half hour mark. It was this point that Annfield started playing football but nothing came of it in the first half.

The second half was a more subdued affair but we managed to notch a 3rd to send us into the next round

FA Cup Hinckley 0–1 Crook Town

ok we take on Conference North Hinckley in the fa cup and we are heavy underdogs. But it was us who took the lead, when we played some decent stuff then we took the lead in first half stoppage time. And we managed to hold that into the end of the game, sending us into the next round.

October Update

League Crook Town 5–1 Stocksbridge

a good start and we took the lead in the 12th minute, doubling it on the 25th minute before scoring a 3rd on the half hour, they got one back in first half stoppage time. We got number 4 on the 50th minute mark we scored again with 10 mins to go to complete the rout

League Farsley 2-2 Crook Town

we took a while to get into the game and we did pretty badly in the first half. The second half we came out a more fired up team but we still fell behind in the 57th minute, but we levelled in the 66th minute when Noble ran through the defence and levelled, again we fell behind in the 77th minute and i felt we were going to lose this game until Noble popped up again and bagged another leveller with 8 minutes to go.

NL Challenge Cup Crook Town 2–2 Stafford (Stafford win 4-3 on pens)

Im very disappointed in this defeat, but its the first of the cup set this month we took the lead in the first half only for Stafford to level in the second half from a penalty. We then took the lead in first half of extra time only to lose it again towards the end of extra time. And we somehow managed to miss two spot kicks to send us out.

FA Cup Crook Town 1–2 Altrincham

Cup game number 2 of 4 this month and we took the lead from a complete fluke when a deflected shot wrong footed the keeper and trickled into the net but Altrincham leveled before the break. We fell behind and we just couldn’t get back into it and we crashed out of another cup

League Colwyn Bay 1-3 Crook Town

a good game we got off to a decent start when Robinson scored in the 44th minute from the spot. Colwyn bay levelled 5 mins after the break, before we seemed to step it up a notch when we took the lead again in the 64th minute before we added a third 6 minutes from time.

FA Trophy Crook Town 1–1 Altrincham

We fell behind early in the first half as our midfield just got over run. We managed to get the equalized from pure route on big kick upfield by the keeper a knock on and a head over the stranded keeper which forced the replay.

FA Trophy Replay Altricham 1–0 Crook Town

a realativly even game ended with us losing to a goal deep in second half stoppage time and im disappointed in this.

Durham Challenge cup Crook Town 1–1 Spennymoor Town (Crook Win 3-2 on pens)

first meeting with the evil Spennymoor! And the usual run of action continued where we both battle well for both halves and then Spennymoor win the game towards the end of the second half or so i thought till we levelled late into stoppage time to force extra time nothing happened in the last half hour then we had the dreaded spot kicks. And we won to dish out revenge for last season cup final

November Update

League Crook Town 2-0 Stafford

Well we got off to a flyer in this game when Stafford put into their own net after only 4 minutes, we doubled the lead on 16 minutes and then we sat on it as Stafford couldn’t get back into and we claimed another 3 points

Durham Challenge Cup Crook Town 2–1 Birtley

An average start by both sides saw us take the lead 15 minutes in, however we were pegged back on the half hour when Birtley worked the ball home from a cross leaving the scores level going into the break. Second half we came out the stronger side and took the lead on the hour mark and pushed for a third.

League Crook Town 1–0 FC Halifax

I have to say it was a quite lucky win in the league here as Halifax put me under alot of pressure in the first half but we came in at the break 0-0, in the second half we started to get more into the game but we took the lead when Benjamin’s shot was deflected into the Halifax net and it gave us the 3 points and we continued our good run.

League Lowestoft 0-2 Crook Town

An even first half and the scores went in 0-0 but we came out in the second half a bit more fired up and we took the lead on the hour when McAuley latched onto a poor back pass before slotting home, our second was a complete fluke when McAuley crossed from the right but it swung in and over the keeper before dropping into the top left hand corner of the net.

League Crook Town 2–1 Spennymoor town

A home visit by league leader Spennymoor and somehow I’m favourites to end their unbeaten run but they took the lead after 21 minutes when the headed home from a corner. We started getting into the game when we eventually got a leveller when Matranga struck home after 31 minutes. We then bundled the ball home 7 minutes later when we took the lead and we held the lead into the break.

Disaster struck early in the second half when Kindley had to come off with a knock so Mali goalkeeper Karamoko Keita came on for his competitive debut. Both teams had chances early on but we managed to hold Spennymoor off and we inflicted their first league defeat in Twenty league games, i always felt we deserved a win in our last few league games.

League Crook Town 3–0 Workington

The question is can i capitalize on the win against Spennymoor and push up the league and the play-off spots? Well we should have taken the lead but for a superb double save by Workington kept the scores level. But 5 minutes later we got the lead that we were pushing for. In the second half we punted in 2 more goals on the hour Barnett notched our second before McAuley notched number 3 and the 3 points

December Update

League Corby 1–0 Crook Town

Well we were hoping to get another win under our belts here but it didn’t get off to a bad start when we fell behind after 9 minutes, we then huffed and puffed but we never managed to level the score and the result hurt our plan to push Spennymoor at the top.

League Crook Town 1–0 Buxton

We piled forward early in the first half and looked the most likely to score as we tried to ensure that the Corby game was a one off. And it took us only 20 minutes to break the deadlock which is the score we took into the break. Buxton tried to push forward but couldn’t find a way through and we took the 3 points. And Kindley kept a clean sheet in his first game back from injury

League Crook Town 2–2 Vauxhall

The first half was all Vauxhall as they seemed to have way more attacking ability that us but we managed to hold onto 0-0 to go into the break level. We came out after half time with a bit more about us and managed to put a bit of pressure on Vauxhall with some consecutive corners before in the 70th minute a excellent counter by us and we took the lead. Only for Vauxhall to pull level 5 mins later, we took the lead again with 4 minutes remaining and I thought we had won the game only for Vauxhall to pull back again with less than 1 minute remaining.

League Altrincham 0-1 Crook Town

Well a relatively even first half saw us go in at the break 0-0, we came out the same in the second half but we managed to take the lead when Barnett played the offside trap to race through and round the keeper for one nil. Altrincham pushed forward abit but we managed to hold off for the 3 points

League Lincoln Utd 0-2 Crook Town

We got the game underway with a good start when it took us only half an hour before we took the lead when Doxey headed home a left wing cross. There was a decent amount of pressure from both sides before Alex Robinson raced through to give us the second goal and ultimately the win.

League Crook Town 1–1 Ashton Utd

We got this game off to a flyer when it took us only 3 minutes to take the lead. But Ashton levelled the game on the half hour second half both teams seemed to stutter and stumble over the finishing line.

League Burscough 1-2 Crook Town

Well it was Burscough who came out the blocks quickest when Gargan managed to beat his man and give them the lead after 9 minutes. Liddell managed to pull it back when he headed home a cross. And we took the draw into the break. After the break it was us who were the better side and when we took the lead we deserved it.

Six Month Update

A brilliant half season from us i cant believe I’m even in the top half never mind even in the playoff spots im hoping i can hang in there but i have a feeling i will fall back out and towards mid-table

Goal Scorers

|------------------|-------| 
| Ryan Noble       | 11    | 
| Alex Robinson    | 9     | 
| Shaun McAuley    | 6     | 
| Trevor Benjamin  | 6     | 
| Jordan Rayner    | 3     | 
| Kwame Barnett    | 3     | 
| Shaun Doxey      | 3     | 
| Tyler Weir       | 1     | 
| Ryan Green       | 1     | 
| Amjad Iqbal      | 1     | 
| Aiden Matranga   | 1     | 
| Andy Liddell     | 1     | 
| Danny Williams   | 1     |
|------------------|-------| 

Average Ratings:

|------------------|-------|-------|
 | Alex Robinson    | 22 (1)| 7.26  |
 | Imani Likita     | 30    | 7.23  |
 | Jeff Forsyth     | 22 (1)| 7.10  |
 | Ryan Noble       | 15    | 7.09  |
 | Tyler Weir       | 15    | 7.09  |
 |------------------|-------|-------|

January Update

League Crook Town 0–0 Curzon Ashton

A solid defensive display got me a clean sheet in a boring nil-nil draw. I did drop points in the race to claw my way into the title race.

League Gainsborough 0-1 Crook Town

A game of head tennis in the Gainsborough box resulted in Robinson heading home to give us the lead. To which we managed to hang onto till the end gaining us a vital 3 points.

League Crook Town 2–0 Guiseley

15 minutes into the game we managed to break the deadlock and we continued to pile the pressure on Guiseley and we eventually doubled the lead with 5 minutes to go.

League Crook Town 2–2 Leigh Genesis

Another excellent start resulted in us taking the lead only 8 minutes in, We continued to pile the pressure on but our attempts came from distance only for Leigh to level just before the break. We fell behind when Leigh scored an absolute screamer but we managed to pull level with 8 minutes remaining and its all very tight at the top.

League Spennymoor 1-0 Crook Town

Not alot can be said about this game the usual happened where both teams played some decent stuff then one of us wins by one goal.

Durham Challenge Cup Darlington R 2-2 Crook Town (Crook win 5-3 on pens)

Well i was expecting to get my arse handed to me in this match like i did in the final last year but we both gave as good as we got and the game was very end to end but it was us who broke the deadlock when Robinson netted 3 mins before the break. In the final 10 minutes it was all Darlington as the threw everything at us to level the game and the managed it in second half injury time to force Extra time Darlington took the lead in extra time from a 25 yard scream that rocketed into the top corner. We had the ball in the net too but ours was ruled out for offside. But it was coming again and we took levelled in the 117th minute when Benjamin rose to nod home. To force spot kicks and it was us who got revenge as Darlington missed their third kick but we smashed home them all

League Crook Town 1-0 Colwyn Bay

an even first half was only broken by the referee awarding us a penalty in the 37th minute which we duly dispatched.

well the league is VERY tight

| Pos   | Inf   | Team          |       | Pld   | Won   | Drn   | Lst   | For   | Ag    | G.D.  | Pts   | 
| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 1st   |       | Corby         |       | 28    | 17    | 5     | 6     | 46    | 20    | +26   | 56    | 
| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 2nd   |       | Spennymoor    |       | 27    | 16    | 8     | 3     | 48    | 23    | +25   | 56    | 
| 3rd   |       | Crook         |       | 27    | 16    | 7     | 4     | 39    | 17    | +22   | 55    | 

Archived