What do you think of when you hear 4-3-3?

What I mean is what does look like in your head when you think about it?

Do you think of this combination?

DM, 2 MCs, AML/R, ST

or

3 MCs, AML/R, ST

or

3 MCs, 3 STs narrow

or

3 MCs, 2 Wide STs and 1 Central ST

and so on and so on.....

Is any ONE better than the other? Can players who can play in one just as well in another variation?

When I hear 4-3-3...

Flat back 4

1 Defensive Minded Midfielder who looks to be a 'pivot' for attacks (ie. helping with the build-up).

2 Attacking Minded Midfielders who push forward looking to get involved with the attacks, try cause some danger with passes (Like Xavi and Iniesta:))

2 Inside Forward who offer Width and try get behind the full backs, and latch onto any through balls.

1 Striker who drops leads the line (Preferably Strong), and will get involved in the build up, while also getting behind the defense and try and cause havok for the Opposition.

It depends.

In real life, i'd say.. 2 FB's, 2 CB's, 2 MC's, 1 AMC (playing as a #10), 2 wingers and 1 striker.

In FM i'd go for a 2 FB's (or wing backs), 2 CB's, 3 MC's (of which one or two playmakers and 1 with defensive duties), and 3 FC's (1 strong, 2 fast)

hmm....

when i thought about this, i started to think about mourinho at chelsea and personally i thought of his formation as more of a 4-5-1 than a 4-3-3

now i see arsenal and barcelona use more of a 4-3-3 than mourinho's chelsea

i just wonder what it would look like on paper?

Archived