Player's 'natural' positions?

Right, maybe it's my eyes playing tricks on me, I really don't know, but at times, it seems that some of my players are going from 'natural' in a certain position to 'accomplished'.

I signed Yuri Zhirkov and played him at left back for 6 months, I'm 99% sure it said he was a natural left back as well as AML, there were definitely two. I play him at left wing during pre-season and suddenly he's only accomplished there. I'm sure he doesn't start as a natural left back, so is it just my eyes, or is it possible for a player to become a natural in a certain position, only to lose it?

Apologies if I'm in the wrong area, wrong thread or just simply breaking the rules, I mean no harm and a simply reply will do. Apologies in advance if so.

I have spotted the same thing with my regen.

He is Natural on M L and accomplished in AM L when he first arrived.

I trained him to natural in AM C after a season or so, then I removed the "new position" training as I though it would not be neccessary anymore as he is already natural in that position.

However after a few weeks he became accomplished in AM C again

I think this is one of the problem in FM10.

IRL, for example Henry, he was a winger when he was in Monaco and Juventus, but after he arrived in Arsenal Wenger re-trained him to be a striker .

I believe since then he became natural as a striker and I doubted Wenger still asking Henry to "learn" how to be a striker in 2007.

I think this is one of the problem in FM10.

IRL, for example Henry, he was a winger when he was in Monaco and Juventus, but after he arrived in Arsenal Wenger re-trained him to be a striker .

I believe since then he became natural as a striker and I doubted Wenger still asking Henry to "learn" how to be a striker in 2007.

Exactly. This is one gripe I have with FM.

Exactly. This is one gripe I have with FM.

It makes sense why its how it is on FM though. If not you'd have players who could play in every single position and do a good job. That's not really realstic is it. So by having to keep them training the new position it stops them been accomplished for every single position.

Hmmm, my own personal point of view on this is that when a player becomes natural in a position due to training and through playing in that position he should remain natural even if you remove the positional training, providing he is still actually playing in that position for your team.

However, any other positions that he is a natural in that he is not playing in or being trained in, he should then gradually lose his natural ability to play that role.

It makes sense why its how it is on FM though. If not you'd have players who could play in every single position and do a good job. That's not really realstic is it. So by having to keep them training the new position it stops them been accomplished for every single position.

That is depending now well SI implement this.

One of the way I could think of is to put a link between positions. E.g. a MC will take 1-2 season to become natural in AMC, but a DC will take 6/7 seasons to reach that point.

I think the o/p is referring mainly to natural positions. I don't really see much of a problem here as natural positions are pretty hard to attain through training anyway.

I think the o/p is referring mainly to natural positions. I don't really see much of a problem here as natural positions are pretty hard to attain through training anyway.

I know, it was more in reply to what you put and the bit of text you quoted.;)

Hmmm, my own personal point of view on this is that when a player becomes natural in a position due to training and through playing in that position he should remain natural even if you remove the positional training, providing he is still actually playing in that position for your team.

However, any other positions that he is a natural in that he is not playing in or being trained in, he should then gradually lose his natural ability to play that role.

Is this not the way it works? I am fairly certain that in FM09 once you achieved "Natural" for a player in a new position you could remove his positional training so long as you kept him playing regularly in his new "Natural" Position.

The problem would be attempting to achieve multiple Natural or Accomplished positions through training alone without playing a player regularly. I am not sure how easy this would be, or even if it could be possible.

here i explain:

for example if a player position DC is:20 and DL position is 13,and you try him to play DL,he loses his all mental and technical abilities with that calculation(physics abilites permenant):

new ability rate={[old ability rate-position rate difference/2+weaker foot rate/10+determination/20]/1.15}+[0.05*work rate]

do you want a tool for this?if yes it is ready.

• 2 weeks later...
Is this not the way it works? I am fairly certain that in FM09 once you achieved "Natural" for a player in a new position you could remove his positional training so long as you kept him playing regularly in his new "Natural" Position.

The problem would be attempting to achieve multiple Natural or Accomplished positions through training alone without playing a player regularly. I am not sure how easy this would be, or even if it could be possible.

I wish it was the way it works as this is the logical way of positional training. Unfortunately though it is not. I signed Jack Wilshere on loan for my Newcastle team, he was already accomplished for the AMR position I was playing him in. I placed him onto training for this position and continued to play him there too. He eventually became natural at this position so I removed the training but continued to play him there. After a couple of weeks he lost his natural ability to play AMR and became accomplished again whilst retaining his natural ability at AMC even though I was not training him there or playing him there.

In my opinion he should have dropped to accomplished at AMC and remained at natural for AMR due to how I was continuing to play him there. I first experienced this issue on FM 09 and reported it during the beta testing for patch 9.03. I was advised that this issue was fixed... which it was... but sadly it appears to have slipped through the net again :(

Archived