EKFC™ presents 'The Ultimate Gaffer' - FM2010 challenge to thrill, test and travel!

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The only problem seems to be wage, which i'm sorting out atm, and theres even a regen with the same last name as me in the U19s! :D (bit of a common name, Ferguson, to be fair)

Gundo's/JoseRR's challenge?

Yeah, that's the problem with Scotland clubs normally!

What does the last part refer to?

Yeah, that's the problem with Scotland clubs normally!

What does the last part refer to?

I thought you might have used it in either Gundo or JoseRRs small club to big club challenges, obviously in the future, as it is a fairly big club.

Alan Shearer FC Cape Town 10/11 Season Review

Aim: 1st

Actual: 1st (just!)

The main man

Transfers

Cup performance

League table

Had Emenike this season who was amazing, was away on loan all last season, really is FC Cape Town's Alan Shearer.

Had Black Leopards in the 1st Division Promotion Playoffs and, having lost to them twice in the Cup, being the underdogs on both occasions we cained them 3-1 at home and 2-1 away to seal our place in the Prem! What helped me most was the leading team, Golden Arrows, making 2 points from their last 5 games, together with us winning the last 3 (including a 2-1 steal v Golden Arrows with one of my backup strikers scoring in the 92nd minute!)

Haven't been given a lot of money for the new season (Transfer budget - £3,000, Wage budget £5,750) so mid table I will take this year.

Cups Won

First Division x2

Mr. G lets down a nation, and also shames his club

Wannabe gangster, turned manager, Ali G, today finished his first season as manager of FC Cape Town, and it looks set to be his last for the club. After falling out with the chairman, G is set to leave the club anytime soon... whether it be by sacking, or resignation, is yet to be known.

He took over the club when they were league leaders, and although guiding them on a 14 game unbeaten streak at the start of his time (10 of those being draws), G has found it hard to find form as of late.

We managed to catch up with him briefly outside the ground:

"Y'Know, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. I've learned some things out here living with the springboks, but to be truthful, I think I need to move on. I'm sure at some point in my career i'll return to South Africa, however, for now, my hearts set someplace else. We'll just have to see what happens I spose."

Interesting comments from the manager.

Manager Profile

Final League Table

Bo's Backin' Barnet Boys!

Today marks the return of the rapper/comedian/manager...whatever you want to call him, Bo Selecta! People mocked the newbie after seeming to get 'cold feet' in management, but he is back! Unfortunately we were unable to catch up with him, due to the fact that he arrived at the Underhill, was there for an hour, then jetted off to Jamaica for 5 weeks!

NEWSFLASH G gets his chance! NEWSFLASH

Reporting live from South Africa, we have some huge news. Early this morning, Orlando Pirates announced the sacking of Ruud Krol, and immediately replaced him with none other than Ali G. With media going rife, theres very little we can say on this matter as things are being kept low-key. However, one thing is for sure, Ali G is now boss at one of the top clubs in South Africa, and he is loving every minute of it!

The approach

I am goina give this a shot im bored on my fm.. i don no how to post screenshots so if anybody could help mr cheers

To post screenshots:

.print screen what you want your image to be

.open paint

.paste the image into paint

.save as (whatever you want to name it)

.upload it to such websites as photobucket(making sure the album is public)

.if using photobucket, copy the direct link

.when posting to thread, click on the insert link icon below the smily icon and paste the url in there and click ok

.should come up with a really long code, which is one thing repeated twice

.(optional)replace the second of it with whatever you want to call it, between the ']' and '[/url]'

.post :)

Good luck with your challenge!!!

Haha, nothing beats some solid FM game time :D

It gets worse when you get older, have more responsibilities. Bad times!

Alan Shearer Stockport County 11/12 Season Review

Aim: N/A - Took over with 8 games left in 18th

Actual: 18th - Again, this is irrelevant this season

The new main man Only problem is that you should never trust a man with two first names lol

Table when I got there

End of season table

All in all, after joining I produced 10 points from my 8 games in charge, I would've finished 14th (58 points if I managed 1.25 points per game, which over 46 games, is 57.5)

Club          Season     League    Position  Cup   

FC Cape Town   09/10     1st Div     1st     Semi
FC Cape Town   10/11     1st Div     1st     2nd Rd
Stockport      11/12     League Two  18th    N/A

I issued an ultimatum to my board as I wasn't happy with the amount of money I was given. On 24th August, they sacked me. After a little holiday, I was offered the Stockport job, on 18th March, almost 7 months later. Boy, have I got a tan!

Aims for next season

I'll take mid-table (13th) and a nice little run in one of the cups, 4th round in one would be nice.

Increase the quality of the depth of the squad

Sign better younger players

Season 1

Bradford City (December 2009-January 2010)

First off, my manager profile,

I was approached by Bradford City of League Two, sitting 19th when I took over as I delayed for a week. The squad is pretty solid, so I'm going to emply a 4-2-3-1 formation with the hope of my defence overpowering the opposition's strikeforce.

Needless to say, going into my first game I was uneasy about whether or not I would succeed in my question to become the ultimate football gaffer, but I won relatively easily 2-0. My first game.

Well, my stay at Bradford was short. I felt it was the wrong place to start my career, and so, after a mere 4 games in charge (1 win, 3 losses), I left. The club, in my opinion, wasn’t going anywhere.

Unemployed (January 2010-December 2010)

Shortly after this, I did get offered the Maccelsfield job, who evidently saw some potential in me, but needless to say, they were in the same league as my previous employers and actually in an awful position. £30k in the bank, compared to the £1.3m I had with Bradford! So the quest goes on for me.

I applied for every job under the sun until I got offered a new job, all the way in December, with the mighty Stockport County. A fallen giant? We’ll soon see. There is half a season to go when I take over, so we’ll see what I can do.

LOL at Derby County in League 2!

Shame they got promoted, worse then Leeds! You'll like this;)

I'm Stockport manager as well now, I'll put my season 1 update up in tonight. Then write up a half-season update tomorrow :D

Well played, for this league they're quite a "big club" and this season the board are really backing me to the tune of £210,000 transfer budget and £21,000 wage budget! Leaving over £12k to play with!

Hope you get something similiar mate! :thup:

End of Season Review 2010/2011

Glen Quagmire has managed nothing with Dunfermline! But to be fair, I was appointed in February with not much time left. I did, however, comfortably escape relegation and finish 5th in the league. I managed to get Celtic as a feeder club, so I hope to get some players on loan over the summer and raid Man City, Liverpool and Arsenals under 18 squads!

Final Table

Clyde - Second Division - 19th Dec 09

Table

Good Times :')

Transfers

Main Men:

Alan Lithgow

Scott Fox

Christian Gyan

Solid first half of the season, with barely any goals conceded, mainly thanks to the three shown above. The only problem area is up front, where the most prolific striker has 4 in 17 :o. No transfer budget though, and iv'e got as many loans as are allowed, so it looks like the midfield is gonna be called upon again for goals.

Extra - Sonwatch

A section i'll be including every report, with updates on how my "son" (not actually, although i've heard it is possible :eek:), Charlie Ferguson is getting on. He seems pretty useless, but i'm going to keep him in the team if i can :) Got 18 in workrate, which is off the screen :thup:

Charlie Ferguson

What does EKFC stand for btw?

Europa Kings Football Club.

europakings.com

Currently unbuilt site, started out as a Fifa clan, now have reverted to Football Manager. Two members, myself and Joe. How exciting. Used the name as it is catchy, and we may choose to build upon the site this challenge as the main structure of it. Just depends on how the interest in this develops, so far, so good. The more we get, the more the possibility of us implementing the site purely for the challenge is.

:D

Europa Kings Football Club.

europakings.com

Currently unbuilt site, started out as a Fifa clan, now have reverted to Football Manager. Two members, myself and Joe. How exciting. Used the name as it is catchy, and we may choose to build upon the site this challenge as the main structure of it. Just depends on how the interest in this develops, so far, so good. The more we get, the more the possibility of us implementing the site purely for the challenge is.

:D

Fair play. If you don't mind me asking, how old are you and Joe? And also, how much does it cost to setup and or run a website?

Decided to give this challenge a go as I like the idea of moving around clubs, rather than just staying at one. Here is my Personal screen. Loaded Scotland (all leagues) as my extra country.

Took me until early February to get a job offer. League 2 club Macclesfield approached me, currently overachieving in 11th place after 29 games (predicted 23rd), after their manager left for Doncaster Rovers.

Job Offer

Table when took over

Ideally I'm looking to push for a play off position with the team doing pretty well at the moment. However I'll be happy to finish anywhere in midtable and hope to build for next season.

Archived