EKFC™ presents 'The Ultimate Gaffer' - FM2010 challenge to thrill, test and travel!

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally ...

Turned down Stirling Albion (Scottish 2nd Division, 2nd place) and Airdrie United (Scottish 1st Division, 9th place). And then ...

ChipButty-Rochdale.jpg

Current Squad

Current Position (League 2)

AIMS

- Promotion to League 1 via the Play Offs

- Look for next job to be in Championship

I can go to bed now, see you tomorrow. If I get another snow day (please) then maybe earlier than I expect!

This looks quite good actually.

Thanks. I just want to give out a challenge which resembles a real life career. You decide where you go. You decide when to leave. You decide when to apply. It gives the manager freedom of movement etc, instead of having to stick with one club throughout the whole challenge, which for me personally, becomes tedious. :)

Good to see we are getting more people involved... i've fully updated the leaderboard, and hope that we get even more participants.

In regards to 'winning all the domestic titles, and lower leagues' question, it isn't a 'must' to win every league, I think I phrased it wrong, the aim is basically to win as many competitions as possibly, and to have as many trophies in your cabinet. But yes, when I do like, the 'final leaderboard' before FM11, wow that's a way away, I will be stating how much each manager has achieved, and which leagues he has won. So obviously, winning EVERY league, including all lower leagues, will look better :) But, as I say, it's your choice as to which leagues you want to conquer.

Forgot to post :S Have taken my first job with The Silkmen, Maccelsfield Town, but they are 24th, 4 points adrift from next team up, totally in debt and 3.5k over wage budget... Very tough start to management!

AIMS:

.Start making profit

.Mid-Table Finish

.Kill the chairman and get a new one for funds ;P

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!

Forgot to post :S Have taken my first job with The Silkmen, Maccelsfield Town, but they are 24th, 4 points adrift from next team up, totally in debt and 3.5k over wage budget... Very tough start to management!

AIMS:

.Start making profit

.Mid-Table Finish

.Kill the chairman and get a new one for funds ;P

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!

Nice one Selecta.... :)

Evening all. Started my reign as manager of Rochdale. Really chuffed with first game, an away win. Looks like I have a star striker ... Unfortunately he is on loan from Bolton and he is due to go back in January (Dec 1st in game) so hopefully I can keep him here till end of season. Will post an update of my first month at the 'Dale when I've played it.

Evening all. Started my reign as manager of Rochdale. Really chuffed with first game, an away win. Looks like I have a star striker ... Unfortunately he is on loan from Bolton and he is due to go back in January (Dec 1st in game) so hopefully I can keep him here till end of season. Will post an update of my first month at the 'Dale when I've played it.

Great news there :D Look forward to your progress updates.

Dale.jpg

Chip Butty - Rochdale

After taking the job in late-November, Chip Butty's first month in charge of 'Dale' proved to be rather frustrating after 6 games where everything seemed to happen.

First of all, the squad was assessed and the backroom staff juggled. I was pleased to bring in John Murtough as my assistant manager after I successfully used him in the same role often on FM09.

Lots of scouting and looking around going on but I was too late for the loan and free transfer deadlines so I had to go with the squad I had. There are several quality League 2 players but some rather ordinary ones as well and not much depth in certain areas - GK, LB, ST and CM being the main ones. With the window set to open now, I'm looking to bring in a few new faces to give us a boost ahead of a Play Off push towards the end of the season.

My first game was against Hereford United at Edgar Street. Joe Thompson gave us an early lead but the Bulls hit back. Zoltan Harsanyi created the second for Jason Kennedy and then added the third to secure a win. The youngster on loan from Bolton looked a star.

Down to earth with a bump in my first home game as Crewe took a 2-0 half time lead and the riot act was read to the players. A great fightback with goals from Gary Jones and Chris Dagnall saw us earn a point and nearly snatch three in the dying moments.

A trip to Aldershot brought another point in a 1-1 draw as I lined up with no left back available. Nathan Stanton filled in as a makeshift and scored a superb second half equaliser. He scored twice in the next game at home to Cheltenham Town where I couldn't seem to defend after kick offs. Cheltenham took the lead on three minutes and then I equalised four times with Cheltenham hitting back within five minutes every time. With Dale down to ten men after Rory McArdle was sent off, it was Barry Hayles who finally sunk us late on as we lost an amazing game 5-4.

A 2-0 lead at home to bottom club Macclesfield Town was frittered away with less than five minutes remaining in the next game but as I was getting rather annoyed with my team, we were awarded a late penalty to secure my first home win.

A dominant display next up at Darlington in the last game of 2009 but a stupid penalty given away left us a goal down. We had chances to win 5-1 but in the end Chris Dagnall rescued a point in injury time. Phew!

Transfer window opens now so I can get some fresh faces into the club.

After ages and ages (24th Oct!) of waiting, I finally got a job in the country which I actually wanted which was a nice surprise.

Can't remember how to tidy up links, sorry:

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/8035/southafricanfirstdivisi.png League Table

http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/3029/fccapetown.png History

Aims for season, baring in mind we're 5th after 9 games out of 28 gone, 3rd.

Alan Shearer - 09/10 Season - FC Cape Town

Aim: 3rd

Actual: 1st

http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/8035/southafricanfirstdivisi.png When I got there.

http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/8035/southafricanfirstdivisi.png End of Season.

SAFA Cup - Got to the Semi's (Beat two Prem teams, Ajax CT and Bloem Celtic)

1st Div Pro Play-Off

Dynamos won 2-0 then I won 2-1, much better team, not bad results.

Prem P-Off Semi

FS Stars won 3-0 then I won 3-1, again quite a good result on reflection.

Summary

Won the league and had some good players, I think for the growth of this club, staying in this league is vital so I can build my own team as I only brought in 5 players.

Aims for 10/11 Season

Win the league again, which shouldn't be a problem as my league record is 12-4-3, 40 points from 19 games, over 2 points per game, 2nd place ended with 51 points from 28, which is less then 2 points.

I will be looking to strengthen the team all over the pitch, and hopefully sign some young prospects.

I also am looking to get promoted, which I didn't manage to do unfortunately but hey ho, good season nonetheless.

Cups Won

SA First Division

Wow, getting some great interest here. Keep it up lads, I love reading all of your progress. Hopefully, if me and Joe can get some serious playtime in today, we will have an update each to you to read on our progress :D

Leaderboard updated

Looks like we have a leader... :)

Username             Trophies won    (League Titles)   (Cup Titles)   Clubs Managed

thezogsageordie           1                 1                0              0
Fudger                    0                 0                0              0
TheMightyDuck08           0                 0                0              0          
elliotick                 0                 0                0              0
Doiggy_2007               0                 0                0              0         
HarryS                    0                 0                0              0        
Greasy Chip Butty         0                 0                0              0
AtilasMiserly             0                 0                0              0      
ironbluey                 0                 0                0              0             
19992008                  0                 0                0              0
Darth Dov                 0                 0                0              0
MattFergie                0                 0                0              0

Yeah boiiiii!

Welcome to the challenge CaptainStarbuster, hopefully you pick up a good team.

I really didn't expect this much interest in my challenge, but have to say, me and Joe are very pleased with the success so far. Keep it up everyone, and get your updates flowing :)

January 6th: two new signings, five new loan deals (Dale are affiliated with Celtic and loans from outside the country don't count in loan limits) and an extension of Zoltan's loan mean I have seven new faces, maybe more coming from Scotland/Celtic and near the end of the month I will assess the free agents left and possibly make a move. I also have three short-term loans available who could all come from within the UK so I might do that to get in a good position for early April.

The nature of the challenge though means that it might be better to hold back and win the league next season. I have to say that the Celtic affiliation should pay dividends at this level.

Convincing 2-0 win over Torquay (should have been more) suggests that we could be about to go on a run.

Due to no funds, 4k wage debt, no harmony in the squad, and a assistant manager that seriously gets on the moobs of my players, Mr. Selecta has decided to resign from Maccelsfield Town after 9 games, with 4 Wins 2 draws and 3 Losses, he said, "Just don't think was a club to take a step closer to my dream like, just werent good enough like..."

Could this joker realise he doesn't belong in management and leave the football world? ...

Archived